Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts (49479 Views)

How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Cocoa Production In Nigeria: How To Start The Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Bestofralph(m): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
Jamzig1:
Thanks @Onismate Chizin and others.
I have some questions
1. What is the name of that sensitizer?
2. What ink is the best for screen printing? I mean a permanent one. 8 heard of plastisol but they dont cure by air drying...they cure using flash drier, heat gun etc. 3.What cheaper method can be used in curing plastisol? Is it possible to use pressing iron?
Finally do use plastisol directly on the mesh or mix with retarder?
Awaiting your response(s), thanks.
I'll try to answer 2 & 3.
In my opinion there's no "best" type of ink in screen printing. Choice of ink depends on the nature of the job and customer's choice and wallet. Though plastisol seem to be the best quality but is also expensive. Nature of the job in the sense that you can't use plastisol while printing on a towel or handkerchief.
I don't mix my plastisol with anything. I use it as it came since it doesn't dry off like other paints unless heat is applied. (and last time I checked, retarder bleaches clothes)
You can also cure plastisol with a pressing iron but you have to cover the printed surface with a tefnol material before applying the heat
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2016
Awesome tip again above. Well this thread has given me a reason to start my own brand and registered too. TshirtRiches Nigeria has begun various designs and all started from reading here. I now tutor people on my website at a fee and have my own online shop for my products which has started receiving orders.

I am the owner of http://www.tshirtriches.net . That is where I train people and that is when you click on courses. Then my online store is http://www.tshirtriches.net/store .

I am so happy I am a part of this thread. Although I studied more. The next level is learning how to sow. I am gradually buildin workers.

Thanks again to the OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Jamzig1(m): 7:30am On Aug 15, 2016
Bestofralph:

I'll try to answer 2 & 3.
In my opinion there's no "best" type of ink in screen printing. Choice of ink depends on the nature of the job and customer's choice and wallet. Though plastisol seem to be the best quality but is also expensive. Nature of the job in the sense that you can't use plastisol while printing on a towel or handkerchief.
I don't mix my plastisol with anything. I use it as it came since it doesn't dry off like other paints unless heat is applied. (and last time I checked, retarder bleaches clothes)
You can also cure plastisol with a pressing iron but you have to cover the printed surface with a tefnol material before applying the heat
Thanks very much
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by rayval(m): 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
Thanks to everyone. I really appreciate the knowledge..but I want you to please answer a few question..
1. How do I print multi colors with screen printing?..I can handle the photoshop part..but the mearment gives me headache
2. Curing plastisol is headache..I placed a paper on my shirt xo I could use iron..but sone of the ink were removed by the paper..how do I cure with iron? Wont the method remove ink from the shirt.

Tnks..
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by idee91: 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
rayval:
Thanks to everyone. I really appreciate the knowledge..but I want you to please answer a few question..
1. How do I print multi colors with screen printing?..I can handle the photoshop part..but the mearment gives me headache
2. Curing plastisol is headache..I placed a paper on my shirt xo I could use iron..but sone of the ink were removed by the paper..how do I cure with iron? Wont the method remove ink from the shirt.

Tnks..
1. If your screens are of thesame size, and you have like 3 shirt boards, then measurements shouldn't be a problem. Just get a good T-square or a long ruler.....

2. Use Tefnol instead of paper to cure the plastisol. But try and make sure your iron is very hot. Not a drop of ink would stick.....
Cheers! !

Nice one OP..... looking forward to learning new stuffs here plus contribution the little I know.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by JankelJ(m): 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
The quality of printing and its permanence depend on the quality of t-shirts. take a look at Bella+Canvas/ They have quite wide range of models and colors
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by rayval(m): 6:17am On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=idee91 post=48686838]
1. If your screens are of thesame size, and you have like 3 shirt boards, then measurements shouldn't be a problem. Just get a good T-square or a long ruler.....

2. Use Tefnol instead of paper to cure the plastisol. But try and make sure your iron is very hot. Not a drop of ink would stick.....
Cheers! !

Nice one OP..... looking forward to learning new stuffs here plus contribution the little I know.

Thanks a lot....two more question please.

1. Do I place the tefnol immediately I screen print a shirt or wait for the ink to dry a little before curing with tefnol and iron
2. Please what is the right mesh for images and letters..., I always see fine and open mesh...the open mesh allow too much ink to pas through it..is it good to use that for images or words...on the order hand, sometime fine mesh requires alot of force for ink to pass through...but it good for tiny words and detailed images...please what is the right mesh to use.....
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by rayval(m): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2016
Thanks a lot....two more question please.

1. Do I place the tefnol immediately I screen print a shirt or wait for the ink to dry a little before curing with tefnol and iron
2. Please what is the right mesh for images and letters..., I always see fine and open mesh...the open mesh allow too much ink to pas through it..is it good to use that for images or words...on the order hand, sometime fine mesh requires alot of force for ink to pass through...but it good for tiny words and detailed images...please what is the right mesh to use.....
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by idee91: 6:38am On Aug 25, 2016
[quote author=rayval post=48750416][/quote]
1. Place the Tefnol immediately after print and heat

2. I think open mesh is best for any kind of garment, but fine mesh is used on plastic countainers, nylon and the rest.....

I stand to be corrected
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by rayval(m): 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
idee91:

1. Place the Tefnol immediately after print and heat

2. I think open mesh is best for any kind of garment, but fine mesh is used on plastic countainers, nylon and the rest.....

I stand to be corrected

Thanks alot...I appreciate
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by rayval(m): 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
Hi 3veryone...please how can I remove plastisol from the mesh, so I can print with other colors....
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by rayval(m): 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2016
And I want to ask again...is there any ink better than plastisol?..is puff the same thing as plastisol? Which is better?..how is the curing done....I am just curious..want to know the best.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Bestofralph(m): 3:26am On Sep 06, 2016
rayval:
Hi 3veryone...please how can I remove plastisol from the mesh, so I can print with other colors....
Wipe mesh using retarder
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Bestofralph(m): 5:27am On Sep 06, 2016
Anyone with an idea of where to buy varieties of art and clothes printing materials in lagos?
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by rayval(m): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bestofralph:
Anyone with an idea of where to buy varieties of art and clothes printing materials in lagos?

Mushin

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Seajae: 9:01am On Sep 10, 2016
ribechi:
Awesome tip again above. Well this thread has given me a reason to start my own brand and registered too. TshirtRiches Nigeria has begun various designs and all started from reading here. I now tutor people on my website at a fee and have my own online shop for my products which has started receiving orders.

I am the owner of http://www.tshirtriches.net . That is where I train people and that is when you click on courses. Then my online store is http://www.tshirtriches.net/store .

I am so happy I am a part of this thread. Although I studied more. The next level is learning how to sow. I am gradually buildin workers.

Thanks again to the OP.

Where are you based sir? I'm interested.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by rayval(m): 10:39am On Sep 12, 2016
@everyone...who is using waterbase ink here...please..tell me abt the curing..and also the best to use..pls...m waiting
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by epatant(m): 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
Nice thread, tanx to onismate and other contributors
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by OnusT: 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
Good afternoon all. This is a very nice thread to my enquiries on Google. Thumbs up to everyone who has contributed.
However, does anybody know where I can learn in Lagos? Preferably somewhere on the mainland around akowonjo...egbeda axis? Thanks
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Jamzig1(m): 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello everyone, please who knows where i can do "Direct to Garment" printing in Lagos?
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2016
Seajae:

Where are you based sir? I'm interested.

I am currently in ibadan. Call me on 08176708291
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
OnusT:
Good afternoon all. This is a very nice thread to my enquiries on Google. Thumbs up to everyone who has contributed.
However, does anybody know where I can learn in Lagos? Preferably somewhere on the mainland around akowonjo...egbeda axis? Thanks

I can teach you the four that i do

Screen Printing
Flex Printing
Flock Printing
Ordinary Tranfer sheet pritining (forever)
And Opaque Transfer Printing.

Call me 08176708291
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Okwori12(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2016
please where can i get 100 hundred pieces of navy blue plain t-shirts for customisation.
Please help is urgent
Call or whatsapp: 07066804422
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 07, 2016
rayval:
@everyone...who is using waterbase ink here...please..tell me abt the curing..and also the best to use..pls...m waiting

All I will say is that water based ink is terrible for large production printing. It will clean off the emulsion screen and blot out the text. Always use oil based ink.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by olaaz: 5:37am On Jan 15, 2017
Please what type of paint can I use to print on banner material.

I use seritex but it keep sinking
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by jacko007(m): 7:01am On Jan 15, 2017
olaaz:
Please what type of paint can I use to print on banner material.

I use seritex but it keep sinking

when u get to mushin, abiodun to be precise...ask them,they will give you the exact paint.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Udehpaschal1(m): 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
This thread is really educative. Thumbs up to the OP
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by ahidsufi: 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
please i need help, when am washing the silk screen the emulsion wash off's too.
please what do you think is the problem?
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
ahidsufi:
please i need help, when am washing the silk screen the emulsion wash off's too.
please what do you think is the problem?

of course it will go off. what exactly do you want to do?
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by ahidsufi: 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
@onismate i have done everything you said in your steps, the artwork is been transferred to the mesh but my problem is when washing the silk screen, the emulsion wash's off too. please where do you think i get it wrong.
i need anyone contact who can help me. thank you
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
ahidsufi:
@onismate i have done everything you said in your steps, the artwork is been transferred to the mesh but my problem is when washing the silk screen, the emulsion wash's off too. please where do you think i get it wrong.
i need anyone contact who can help me. thank you

if you mean that your artwork has been exposed under the sun and during washing the emulsion cleans off, it means one of these:

- You did not allow the emulsion to dry properly
- After exposure, you wash the mesh with so much water and violently that the emulsion washed off.

You must have done one of the above.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by ahidsufi: 12:54am On Mar 24, 2017
ribechi:

if you mean that your artwork has been exposed under the sun and during washing the emulsion cleans off, it means one of these:

- You did not allow the emulsion to dry properly
- After exposure, you wash the mesh with so much water and violently that the emulsion washed off.

You must have done one of the above.

-i let the emulsion to dry for more than 8hrs
-i tried using less water but the same result

thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Vows To Takeover Arsenal In 2021 / Cost Of Setting Up A Block Industry / Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate As At 1983 (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.