Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri (92985 Views)

14 Funny Lagos Traffic And Auto Slangs With Their Meanings / Slangs Used In Portharcourt / Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by jessetom(m): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
Omo boy get sense reach yourself ooo. How all these Loco them go dae yarn say waffi slangs nor buga? Abeg nor talk am for outside make you nor go fall your hand...
Anyways, I rep Waff town, The capital of the world!
Respect!!!!

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Mayany(m): 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
Okwrubas = Soldier Ants

Bololo = Skin-cut

Shele/Vamus = Run

Kpekus = Punny

Blokos= Pennis

Make i end here AREAAAAA

6 Likes

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by kinibigdeal(m): 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
Op! You are high
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Roon9(m): 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
haaaabeg haaaabeg! plea
mushi : a dull person
karashika akpola : pretty fair girl wit swag
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
fejikudz:
As in ehh. guy ur tetth complete.. cheesy

You know wetin dey on board

E.g oboy i GBENCH dat chick yesterday oo
Onyovo, real matters?
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Rotimi47: 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
Datazone:
Area!! heyy!
Area! Heyy!!

When we see confam warri boy we dey know, well boneee! Devil na area boy, God na Godfather. E nor get as e be ogoro (frog) must jump. Warri nor dey carry last kpata kpata (if it comes to the worst) na draw. I see some people say na Lagos get slangs I just dey laff becos dem dey learn. Warri, Delta pidgin nai be confam, the rest states mother tongue dey interfere. Warri boys can neva carry girl go party! Nor be say we wickedtt we dey tell you our mind! Na so one warri boy carry one girl to cinema one day, the girl con say "I need emmm... suya of N3500 just to keep the mouth busy." Instanta the Warri boy provoke, "wey you, stop that thing, you want make your mouth busy you nor dey blow whistle? Abi na here you wan chop your evening food?"LOL. Make I add my own jaree:

1. Okpolo eye = Big eye
2. Kala = Gun
3. Kpokpo = Soldier
4. Kpom = Smoke cigar/igboo
Lagos slang no get part 2 because slang just dey show face every day.
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by calmdude(m): 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
As a confam waffi boy make I book space dey view tins, as I dey one side dey kpo

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Adex097: 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
where's kpompi!!!??
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by kciefe(m): 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
No be lie you get mouth.....Warri get he own correct language, Nor be this mumu pingin wen dem dey talk for Lagos.....Their fada
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by DaGC(m): 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
Henrypraise:
In warri slangs ar made everyday n most tyms a particular word is used for so many tins depending on d discussion @ hand. E.g Congo.

Congo (wit stress on d "go"wink means soldier. Oboy discharge Congo de area o. (telling ur guy to escape, soldiers ar in d environment)

Congo (wit stress on d "Con"wink means pusi.
I polish shege commot from Sandra Congo ytday. (I had rough sex wit sandra)

N to correct an impression, most of des warri slangs ar not used by thugs or touts or miscreants. It's used by all even in church pastors hu ar born n bred warri use dem. N de can be used codedly to pass out info's. For instance if I say: "Erema sawalele for d ground"only a few persons can decipher

Abeg, give me control

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
Goodboiyy:
A thread was created today about Street Slangs You Must Know When You Are In Lagos, so I decided to write about some slangs used in Warri

Warri
Warri is a city in Delta State, Nigeria . It is an oil hub in Southern Nigeria and houses an annex of the Delta State Government House. It served as the colonial capital of the then Warri Province. It shares boundaries with Ughelli/Agbarho, Sapele, Okpe, Udu and Uvwie although most of these places, notably Udu, Okpe and Uvwie, have been integrated to the larger cosmopolitan Warri. Osubi houses an airport that serves the city.

Effurun serves as the gateway to and the economic nerve of the city. Towns in the Warri metropolis include: Ogbe-Ijo, Aladja, Ekurede Itsekiri, Jakpa, Ubeji, Ugbuwangue, Ifie-Kporo, Egbokodo Itsekiri, Ajamimogha, Pessu, Koko, Ugbolokoso, Ugborodo, Ajagbodudu, Iyara, Ode-Itsekiri (Big Warri), Osubi, Effurun, Enerhen, Ugborikoko, Agbarho, Deco, Okuokoko, Ebrumede, DSC Township, Ugbomro, Edjeba, Ekurede-Urhobo, Okere, Agbassa, Ogidigben, Gbaramatu, among others.

below are some slangs used in warri.

Who You help ?
This slangs is used by wafarian to tell someone indirectly that he/She ain't relevant, For example if I ask Waje to show me some respect, he might just say "Ayo who you help Self" meaning "Ayo you are Not Relevant".

Orpkorpise
This word have two meaning, It is used to refer to someone who is Possessed with Evil spirit, I can make a statement like 'wunmi you be Orpkorpise o" , Someone from Lagos won't understand what am saying, He might just laugh. it can also be used to refer to someone who is a Novice

Cabash
This statement is used to refer to those who love Prayer so much, If a pastor love praying.. Warri boy will say something like " Pastor you too like Cabashing[/b]

You Don Baff ?
Lolz.. this one I hate it so much, Its used to fool someone .. Still don't know the meaning of this one, grin

I They H/Alarm Alarm
If someone is hungry that when they use this slangs. Freemanan I they H 0 it means Freemanan am Hungry

Lashing/Whipping
Lashing is usually used in place of Sex/F**k.. Since those words are too raw warri boy might just say, "Oboy I lash Preye Yesterday O", The other Guy might say "Oboy leh nor be small whipping b/w me and Onome o" If ladies are discussing They don't use F**k they use Lash e.g "babes Ayo was Hot, The guy lash me so tey I ... grin "..

Soja
slang for 20 naira note , This Is mostly used be conductors and taxi drivers " Oboy you get Soja there ? " Meaning "Do you have 20 Naira

White/sky
slang for 50 naira note..

Make your head dey your neck o

This slang is mostly used to warn a person to use their sense, It is also used for advice, "Ochuko leave that Babe oo, Make your head they your neck o"

Pem
To hide sometin very well "abeg pem that quay well o" It is mostly used by street boys "Preye Pem well o, Kpo kpo they around"

Shele
same as pem

Kpor Kpor ( diff pronunciation from kpo)
slang for police , We usually know police as Kpor Kpor, If You ask Some1 from Warri where is police Station he will reply you "Oga Timipreye I nor know wenti be Police Station oo , na Kpor kpor way i know oo.

Congo
slang for army

Gallant
slang word for a street thug who has made his mark on the streets , "Oga Onome How that Way na, Oboy he Gallant o"

Pepper
slang word for money "pepper nor rest" ( no money)

I they Go The Other Way/Side
if you are in warri, You probably must have of this slangs, Its mostly used by street boys.. If for example his going to the Creek (Creek means Bush/Buildings where niggas kush) , he might just Say "Preye I they Go The other Way" preye will understand and reply "Ayo later na we go Cash "

Disclaimer: The names used above is not meant to insult any body/Tribe , pls if you feel insulted tell me and I will change it, Was just trying to represent the Big Three's (Ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri grin ) In my Writeup for the sake of unity and Peace.

I remain your loyal Urhobo boiyy
Ayo Goodboiyy
Further Credits: daxlasaint

Related Post

Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri

Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken

The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken

The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri)

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri

I rep warri
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by lordhugo(m): 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2015
E get one day like this. Naim i say make i see wetin de hapun for nairaland.

As i jazz into the zanga, naim i sight wafi tori for front page...

SHUUUOOOO!!!!! I ask myself. Na which guy from Area kon write hawe(our) mata for hia?

Bros, I grit u! I march leg for sand-sand for u. Poko for you!

Na LordHugo when dem born for okumagba de knack una dis tori so.

I de come....make i branch that side first.

Proudly Warri born!

6 Likes

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by lordhugo(m): 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Henrypraise:
For instance if I say: "Erema sawalele for d ground" only a few persons can decipher

Dem sawalele sotay dem de troway for ground!

O'boy.....free the erema dem o....all of dem na D.K......DESTINY KILLERS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
Imagine talking about Deltan slangs and not regrading Isoko, guy make your head dey your neck o. angry
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by adebayo10977(m): 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
wot about KPONPI way A.Y dy yarn in his 30 days in Atlanta movie
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by daxlasaint(m): 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
Na from clap dem take dey enter dance... if you don't watch it you may go further than you planned

Fire down... You good to go

look a pass... over look

Catch... e.g. We go dey catch na ( we'll see again)
If if I catch you ehn...( if I see you or get ahold of you)

Oya teh me say waffi nor get confirm yarnings na grin grin grin

Waff boi till I die cool
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by daxlasaint(m): 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
adebayo10977:
wot about KPONPI way A.Y dy yarn in his 30 days in Atlanta movie

Not traditional warri slangs... AY be like oil wen rub one finger nai stain the full hand grin
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Akosxxx(m): 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
tht LASHING
lwkmd. girls ehnn
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Am not comparing Warri with Lagos.. Every City has its own unique way of Life.. Comparing Lagos and warri is like Comparing Male/female ..

nor play with warri boys oo.. grin

[size=15pt]O boy pem that talk o, who warri boys don help sef, Abeg make your head dey your neck or else na kpor kpor go come rescue you for this thread o. Meanwhile make man just go the other way go lash onome for one angle as e dey hot. grin[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by adebayo10977(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2015
daxlasaint:

Not traditional warri slangs... AY be like oil wen rub one finger nai stain the full hand grin
thanks for d info
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2015
fejikudz:
Nawa oo Goodboiyy how you take forget KPOMKPI

Anyway make i add my own

KPOMKPI - cool down

Fiber - slangs for #500 naira.. E.g Guy abeg give me fiber for there..

Mushi -someone that is dull

Ogbori - mugu

Junki - irrelevant person

We'ro - Used to warn someone.. E.g We'ro don't fvck oo grin

Kpoko - Slangs for hailing someone

Chukuli -expo

Chikila - slangs for describing a beautiful babe

Kpekus -puss$y

I REP WARRI.. THE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Alihkizito(m): 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
Cum wey Old boy (i.e were's dad)
old girl (moda)
wink wink
1gram or 1H (i.e 100 naira note)
wey u pin tight(i.e be focus,serious)
wey u! Tench(i.e calm down )
jazz-in (i.e come in)
wey u! Trow me "e" (i.e give me a gun)
more are still loading......

pretydiva:
Warri nor dey ever carry last...area!!!!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by YabaLeftist: 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
I hate Warri names, always a mouthful. I can't even pronounce the names the Op listed.
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
Make I chillax here small. Op, what of 'Agbaya'' and that ''your own full your body'' thing.
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
kciefe:
No be lie you get mouth.....Warri get he own correct language, Nor be this mumu pingin wen dem dey talk for Lagos.....Their fada

oh boy pem that yarns make your head dey for neck.
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
chrisbaba1:

[size=15pt]O boy pem that talk o, who warri boys don help sef, Abeg make your head dey your neck or else na kpor kpor go come rescue you for this thread o. Meanwhile make man just go the other way go lash onome for one angle as e dey hot. grin[/size]
lols.. Nice one. And novice like me nor go undstand weytin you dey yarn. Btw, i like that unique intonation wey waffi slangs deh give.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by EDhims(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
Oboy set d bonk wait for me n onome, I wan match banger
Much respect to all my warri brodas in d house #agbalagba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by daxlasaint(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
mordtonia:
Imagine talking about Deltan slangs and not regrading Isoko, guy make your head dey your neck o. angry

Warri slangs. My dear... Warri... slangs.... buh nor vex add the isoko slangs, we all na. One smiley
Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by alibaba1995(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
dis one na 4 imo and ibo boiz...kponpkonki means strong man..weedawadaa means hwfa u na...bag means toto e.g i dn enter nnena bag abt 4 tyms...anini means thief...dachii or kpochi means u r lookin sharp e.g boi u be dachii...u day talk two mean u r talkin rubbish..hornsman na 100naira..bunk mean wia dae smoke weed e.g ah ekene 4 egbu bunk..opkeke mean fyn gal while opkaka mean fyn boi..i aperemuah means i salute u..redman na 10naira...i rep o.town..imo boiz hit the like button!

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by oshe11: 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
Henrypraise:
In warri slangs ar made everyday n most tyms a particular word is used for so many tins depending on d discussion @ hand. E.g Congo.

Congo (wit stress on d "go"wink means soldier. Oboy discharge Congo de area o. (telling ur guy to escape, soldiers ar in d environment)

Congo (wit stress on d "Con"wink means pusi.
I polish shege commot from Sandra Congo ytday. (I had rough sex wit sandra)

N to correct an impression, most of des warri slangs ar not used by thugs or touts or miscreants. It's used by all even in church pastors hu ar born n bred warri use dem. N de can be used codedly to pass out info's. For instance if I say: "Erema sawalele for d ground" only a few persons can decipher
mekin senx..... Dem full ground bt na person wey im head dey ground go fit sample dia akpako...... If nt dem go remynd ur head say na mumu im stand put.....

Konfirm warri boy..... Bt pipo dey doubt me based on my looks n gentleness...... Bt anyways am stl reppin Iyara n Okere rd kos no LeLe

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri by oshe11: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
mordtonia:
I nearli one wan d guy, bt if U reason am wel u go no say he no b brought wafarian..... I b konfirm Isoko boy bt strong brought 4rm Iyara bt i remove go okere go pem 4 one syd dey observe........ OP incase of nxt tym nor 4gt ooo, kos if na whr men dey u tk yarn opata dem fit use slap koret ur brain oooo

bt anyhw we b one...... So mk u dey sail, I dey ur bak 2-G-4

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) / The Kainji Dam In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.