Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,007 members, 7,806,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? (6705 Views)

NYSC December Allowance Batch A (zenith Bank) / Nysc In Zenith Bank, Portharcourt / NYSC Service At Intercontinental And Zenith Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by stankonia(f): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2006
I just picked up my letter from ZENITH BANK to do my NYSC (batch B) with them. I have a 2.2 in economics but took their aptitude test and passed, took the panel interview and the interview with their GM Human Resources (Mrs. Ayeni) at the HQ and I collected my letter yesterday. Can someone please tell me what my chances of being retained are as well as what their starting salary is? I am currently serving with a subsidiary of SpringBank (SpringMortgage) and I'm considering getting re-posted. PLS ADVICE ME.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Chxta(m): 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2006
Do well and they would retain you. Those people like performance oriented guys (Mystique can tell you better, she works there), but their pay is crap!
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by coolcore: 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2006
CONGRAT , I WILL ADVICE YOU TO STAY WITH ZENITH BANK, THERE 100% GUARANTY OF YOU RETAINMENT AFTER SERVICE  AND THERE ENTRY LEVEL SALARY IS ATTRACTIVE .
ONCE AGAIN I SAY CONGRAT
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2006
i dependson d dept ur posted to.retainment is basedon ur performance.salaryis btw 85-95k.goodluck to u!!!
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by jidadex(m): 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2006
Hi,

Congrats, zenith is a nice place to be. I served with zenith south south zone. Let me tell you something; for you to be retained after your service, you must have a very good appraisal from your dept/branch head(above average). You will also attend an interview with top management in head office.

A career in zenith is better than that of most other banks because in zenith you can be promoted twice in a year if you are performing exceptionally. We have several examples of top mngt staff in zenith. Zenith package is better than that of Spring bank.

i work with the investment banking group. i am a qualified accountant and qualified financial analyst.

once again, i wish u best of luck.u cld reach me on jidadex@gmail.com

regards,
jidadex
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2006
hey! beta take that job cos there is 100%prob that u 'll be retained
i served with zenith i got retained and iam still there
it is all about performance and attitude zenithis a good start
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by UgoChick: 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2006
Hi, i dont know whether 2 say congrates,because i can only compare zenith 2 being jobless! Keep ur options very wide open. I servd wit dem n i'v now been retaind because while servin we wrkd just as hard as staffs,2 leave 4 ur CD is almost imposible,ur expected c retrn, i can go on n on.If u love EXTREME chalenges den go 4 it.4 me i cant wait 2 get out, n also their pay is CRAP,its a top bank but pay is NONSENCE compared 2 how hard they make u wrk n compard 2 their lower rankin competitors. Start lukin 4 alternativs. All d best.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Adebamike(f): 8:22am On Oct 13, 2006
Zenith is cool and a nice place to start ur career if u consider one in banking anyway. am a corper servimg with bankphb my flat mate serves with zeinth and all of them as in corpers with zenith are marketers so u actually av to perform well if u want to be retained. they pay corpers 25k,and thier entry level is 1.8 and i think is a nice start anyway although some banks pay more than that but they av a good reputation.

all the best anyway
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by hendearie(m): 9:14am On Oct 13, 2006
plz ajuwaya, cld u tell us wen u took d test, interviews, and meeting wit mrs. AYENI? I HAD d panel interview 2 on d 12 August and till date notin is heard xept dat i wil be called 2 meet wit Mrs. Ayeni. pls, dis is CRUCIAL. I ADVISE U SETTLE 4 ZENITH. CONGRAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by stankonia(f): 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2006
Thanks you guys for your helpfulness. You guys are wonderful. I wish you all the very best.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by stankonia(f): 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2006
PLEASE, I NEED MORE OPINIONS ON THIS ONE:

I just picked up my letter from ZENITH BANK to do my NYSC (batch B) with them. I have a 2.2 in economics but took their aptitude test and passed, took the panel interview and the interview with their GM Human Resources (Mrs. Ayeni) at the HQ and I collected my letter yesterday. Can someone please tell me what my chances of being retained are as well as what their starting salary is? I am currently serving with a subsidiary of SpringBank (SpringMortgage) and I'm considering getting re-posted. PLS ADVICE ME.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Ayd: 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2006
Congrats to you first of all, to get retained you just have to give them all u got because u are watched from the gateman to the manager of the bank. just do ur best and u will get retained.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by UgoChick: 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2006
Hi, i dont know whether 2 say congrates,because i can only compare zenith 2 being jobless! Keep ur options very wide open. I servd wit dem n i'v now been retaind because while servin we wrkd just as hard as staffs,2 leave 4 ur CD is almost imposible,ur expected c retrn, i can go on n on.If u love EXTREME chalenges den go 4 it.4 me i cant wait 2 get out, n also their pay is CRAP,its a top bank but pay is NONSENCE compared 2 how hard they make u wrk n compard 2 their lower rankin competitors. Start lukin 4 alternativs. All d best.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by UgoChick: 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2006
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by stankonia(f): 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2006
Thanks Ugochick.

I need further clarification on how high the target can be for marketers. Is it also true that all corpers are thrown into marketing? Why are you so eager to get out of the bank? Is it the pay or the owrk or both? Thanks a million?
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by UgoChick: 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2006
Grl zenith witout a doubt is a top rankin bank wit high profit,they wrk their staff HARD! Target a ridiculous, & yes corpers r most times thrown in2 marketin,depends on where they need help.Its a lot of wrk,just pray u have an objectiv team. In general bankin in Niga is CRAP! Keep ur options OPEN! Cheers
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by UgoChick: 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2006
Grl zenith witout a doubt is a top rankin bank wit high profit,they wrk their staff HARD! Targets r ridiculous, & yes corpers r most times thrown in2 marketin,depends on where they need help.Its a lot of wrk,just pray u have an objectiv team. In general bankin in Niga is CRAP! Keep ur options OPEN! Cheers
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by stankonia(f): 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2006
Thanks Ugochick. Since I passed through all the normal recruitment statges, do you think that if I notified them of my inability to move during my service year, that they could delay the offer unitl after my service year. At least, I would then have time to look in other place (keep my options open). Or do you think the opportuinty would pas by? Thanks for your responses
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by giniks(f): 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2006
Hello,
Congrats on the job. Well, i know bank Job is all about what u can bring into the bank. "Its all about the Benjimins". And the dept you are posted to matters. So go there and show them that u have arrived.
Gud luck and all the best. I think Zenith is a gud bank though. and u get 1% commission on every penny u bring in so go for it.
Cheers
Ginika grin
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Ndipe(m): 2:51am On Oct 14, 2006
What are your job duties as a marketer for a bank? I live abroad, and the story that I have heard is that it is your responsibility to bring in clients to the bank. You have a certain target, that if you dont meet, might lead to job dismissal. Is that true? If so, how do people go about bringing in clients to the company? Just curious.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by forgiven(m): 3:53am On Oct 15, 2006
They will retain you if your performance is okay. It is a good place to start.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by naija4life(f): 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2006
Yeah , just go into it with all you've got and put in your best, even if their pay is good compared to other like banks, having worked for Zenith Bank usually does mighty things to one's CV in case of looking elsewhere later.

Have a go at it girl and while you're at it, keep your wits around you, you may need it, Cheers
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Geolalisa(f): 11:00am On Oct 16, 2006
its a good start, just put in your best and most of all pray, you will surely be retained.remember ONE WITH GOD IS MAJORITY.cheers.
geolalisa.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Mystique(f): 7:08am On Oct 20, 2006
Mr Chxta who send you message?? Mr CNN angry angry angry

Anywayz, stankonia, u'll have to consider wat u really want, do you hav the stamina for banking?marketing? If you do, then go right for it!! There's A 75% chance of you being retained in Zenith, depending on ur boss' recommendation.I served there (not in Marketing though) and was retained. smiley smiley

UgoChick:

Grl zenith witout a doubt is a top rankin bank wit high profit,they wrk their staff HARD! Targets r ridiculous, & yes corpers r most times thrown in2 marketin,depends on where they need help.Its a lot of wrk,just pray u have an objectiv team. In general bankin in Niga is CRAP! Keep your options OPEN! Cheers

Dont be deceived, there is no bank u'll go to as a marketer, that you will not hav to work hard and undergo stress, besides, ur chances of success are higher if u work as a marketer in Zenith, bcuz it already has a good brand name!!

At Ugo chick: Do i Know you? wat branch are you at?
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by hustler(m): 9:25am On Oct 22, 2006
Go for the Zenith thing o girl.They retained all my friends that served there dis yr.

The target was bout 40 million or thereabout.Start meeting the political heavyweights of 9ja.lol

I heard the marketing was hectic.They all dropped a few kilos in weight and had no time for their CD programmes.

Follow ur heart sha.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Chxta(m): 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2006
Mystique:

Mr Chxta who send you message?? Mr CNN angry angry angry

Funny, CNN are my initials. . .cheesy
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Mystique(f): 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2006
Really? undecided undecided
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by Seun(m): 11:51am On Nov 07, 2006
So what did you decide eventually? Are you still at Spring Bank?
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by olaniyi07: 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2007
Hi am olaijde olaniyi sunday a graduate of obafemi awolowo univesity ile ife .
looking for a job,  i  just  finish nysc program thanks, i will apprecate if my offer is accepted
email :olaniyiolajide07@yahoo.com
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by iccoba97(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2007
you'er just a lucky chap.Don't worry,they going to retain you.i applied to Access,i pray that God should do mine too.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by spyroxy1(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2009
Please i need the advice of Nairalanders. I'm a corp member of the 2009 batch b stream and was posted to a company by name Adeco Engineering and Automation @ Isolo,Lagos and was later rejected claiming that my course of study is irrelevant to them, ofcourse u will ask me my course, Engineering Physics from OAU, IFE and i have 2:2.
Now I'm faced with a challenge, i have reported to my Z.I and she's fair enough to allow me get a company of my choice here in Lagos but I must confess i don't have any link cos i'm not based in Lagos, again she gave me an ultimatum of thursday 13th August, although i know if i go later she won't have any choice than to accept me. please i will appreciate any1 that help me find a good company. I know this is a hood where people help a lot. PLEASE HELP ME . E JO O . EMA JE KI OWO WO GBO O.
ESE PUPOO.
Re: Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC? by spyroxy1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2009
I FORGOT TO PUT MY EMAIL: spyroxy1@yahoo.com.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nysc 2018 Will There Be Three Batches This Year / Nysc Website / Date For Batch A Nysc Orientation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.