Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now (24168 Views)

Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing / Smart Phone Battery Myth We Should Stop Believing / 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 7:33am On Oct 29, 2015
When people develop self-hatred over a brand, they tend to easily believe negative things about the brand which forms a a belief system that’s passed across to several persons.

No matter how you look at it, purchasing a Tecno smartphone doesn’t make you any less important than people who go for the big guns; the likes of iPhone, HTC and Samsung.

Despite this established fact, you begin to wonder why there are tens of thousands of people who will catch a cold at the mention of the brand Tecno.

Short answer – It’s because they have fallen for the myth that Tecno smartphones are a ridiculous excuse for being a mobile phone.

Sadly, if you have fallen for any of these myths, then chances are you have missed a couple of things that users are enjoying.

So what exactly are these myths? Although there are pretty numerous , allow me to share with you 4 of the most common ones mobile lovers fall for.

1. Tecno Smartphones Are Bad Because There’re Made In CHINA!
No doubt, we hear this boring phrase every time and those who want to take a jab at users of the product shot them with the phrase – Tecno na chinko.

Ouch….

Don’t Miss: Tecno Is Loosing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee?

While it’s entirely true that Tecno is China based, it doesn’t make the product any less durable. It would shock you to know that most major mobile vendors, including Apple has manufacturing plants in China and most of the products coming to Africa especially Nigeria are made in China.

2. Tecno Smartphones Are Just “A Piece Of Cheap Plastic”

Again, Tecno products are entirely made of plastic, only recently did the Chinese OEM start producing smartphones with leather shell and metal casing, better late than never. However, Tecno’s decision to stick with “cheap plastic” in the past does makes a whole of sense considering the fact that they control a market whose users are predominantly “low budget earners.”

It is a known fact that the highly rated Samsung Galaxy S series (up to the Galaxy S5) are made with a “cheap” plastic shell. Also, two years ago, the World’s most valuable brand Apple designed a line of iPhone in Plastic casing and no one gave a hoot about it, though it was an embarrassing flop.

So you hate plastic casing as much as I do? The newly released Tecno Phantom 5 is your answer.

3. Saturation Of The Market With Same Phones In Different Label
Now, this is hilarious because it makes little or no sense to believe that Tecno is the only mobile vendor guilty of this act.

No mobile vendor has released phones in equal succession like Nokia and before it was acquired and dumped by Microsoft, no one saw the mass production of phones as a problem. Shouldn’t Tecno be given that same privilege considering also, that the China based company isn’t anywhere near Samsung in mass production of Smartphones?

Someone affirmed that Samsung doesn’t know the number of smartphones they have put up in the market. Although, there is no way to test the validity of such a claim, but it does makes Tecno a learner in the act of mass production of phones.

Don’t Forget: 4 Costly Mistakes That Forced Nokia Out Of The Smartphone Race

4. Tecno Leaves A Fault In Their Device, So They Can Sell The Next One

A lot of tech savvy users believe buying a Tecno Smartphone is as good as buying a product that’s dead on arrival (DOA). The myth that device malfunctioning only exist on the Tecno brand is not only ridiculous but shameful.

No responsible company would design a product with a deliberate fault, with Tecno’s resolve to create a brand that would give other competitors sleepless nights, it’s unlikely the China based company would trade its long term vision for a premeditated engineering and design blunder.

Final Thoughts

The recently lunched Tecno Camon C8 and Phantom 5 proves Tecno is gradually becoming a brand without limits.

Most of the flaws we highlighted earlier were carefully corrected and for the first time, I was impressed by Tecno’s design concept on its 2015 flagship concept.

A lot of pundits have said several negative things about Tecno but with the company’s latest mobile policy of releasing top-of-the line smartphones and dumping “cheap” plastic casing for good, a lot more people could change their perception about the China based company who dramatically played a vital role in fostering the transition of feature phones to smartphones in Nigeria.

Are you guilty of having fallen for any of these myths? If you are, then it’s high time you snapped out of it and crank up yourself to go get a Tecno phone. What do you think?
http://www.techrez.com/four-tecno-myths-you-should-stop-believing-right-now/

CC: lalasticlala

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 29, 2015
Hi, 10 naira has been added to your Tecno shill account. Keep up the good work.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 29, 2015
Abegi!
Tecno is very much guilty of number 4.
For all those who have purchased the Phantom 5 with 70K, just wait for it...
Before the end of this year, they'll launch an even better model and when you want to sell your Phantom 5, they'll price it 20K angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Whizpeter(m): 7:41am On Oct 29, 2015
Ab0ki na Ab0ki, forget face cap...
*typing from my Tecno boom J7* cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2015
IamBae:
Abegi!
Tecno is very much guilty of number 4.
For all those who have purchased the Phantom 5 with 70K, just wait for it...
You mean the ~3 people that bought it?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2015
How much did tecno pay you to compose the above article, heh, @Techrez?

16 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2015
koice:
10 naira.
He has been paid already.
Should I summon the other Tecno shills to earn their pay?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 8:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Karmanaut:

Unlike other mobile vendors, Tecno has the strongest physical (offline) presence in Nigeria.

I believe we have to wait for official numbers from Tecno

2 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 29, 2015
Karmanaut:

There are up to 10 people now who bought it on Konga and by the way, that's not the only platform to buy the phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2015
koice:

I find it rather "heart-breaking" that you have to attach every article to monetary parameters. How did our society degenerate to this level?

Let me re-echo it again, that we do not have any sympathy for any mobile brand, neither do we write based on assumptions or emotions, but purely on facts.

It's really unfair to ask how much Tecno paid me to put up this article because we are not for sale. We take the stuff we do on the blog seriously. Your time and your money are on the line when you’re deciding if you should purchase a tablet, smartphone, a PC peripheral, speakers, games or apps based on our judgement and we can't trade our reputation for a million dollars. Please take a seat! smiley

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2015
Yeah, right! Not for sale indeed! Bruv, our economy is based on a capitalist system whereby everything is for sale!

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by drss(m): 8:31am On Oct 29, 2015
Tecno haters una don hear? Bad mouthing tecno every second fit land una for hospital.
#TeamTecno smiley

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2015
Phantom 5 is an okay smartphone, just grossly overpriced is all.

3 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by StealthyMe(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2015
Well, nothing pisses me off than their lack of OTA updates on most of their devices undecided

5 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by StealthyMe(m): 8:52am On Oct 29, 2015
If that were available, at least some of their flaws might just have been overlooked.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by damton(m): 9:03am On Oct 29, 2015
They've evolved over the years.

I'm particularly impressed by the long duration of its battery life. my own experience though.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by andymofia(m): 9:04am On Oct 29, 2015
OP, Take it or leave it, Techno is a low end phone and can never be compared to the iPhone, Samsung or HTC and the likes. If you like bring 100 reasons, it won't change the fact

8 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nonybb: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2015
T

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Akwasi(m): 9:05am On Oct 29, 2015
Techno still rocks!
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Berrylite: 9:05am On Oct 29, 2015
I use techno and am proud about it

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Akwasi(m): 9:06am On Oct 29, 2015
Don't know why techno is still so underrated!

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by adaweezy(m): 9:06am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:
When people develop self-hatred over a brand, they tend to easily believe negative things about the brand which forms a a belief system that’s passed across to several persons.

No matter how you look at it, purchasing a Tecno smartphone doesn’t make you any less important than people who go for the big guns; the likes of iPhone, HTC and Samsung.

Despite this established fact, you begin to wonder why there are tens of thousands of people who will catch a cold at the mention of the brand Tecno.

[b]Short answer –
It’s because they have fallen for the myth that Tecno smartphones are a ridiculous excuse for being a mobile phone.

Sadly, if you have fallen for any of these myths, then chances are you have missed a couple of things that users are enjoying.

So what exactly are these myths? Although there are pretty numerous , allow me to share with you 4 of the most common ones mobile lovers fall for.

1. Tecno Smartphones Are Bad Because There’re Made In CHINA!
No doubt, we hear this boring phrase every time and those who want to take a jab at users of the product shot them with the phrase – Tecno na chinko.

Ouch….

Don’t Miss: Tecno Is Loosing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee?

While it’s entirely true that Tecno is China based, it doesn’t make the product any less durable. It would shock you to know that most major mobile vendors, including Apple has manufacturing plants in China and most of the products coming to Africa especially Nigeria are made in China.

2. Tecno Smartphones Are Just “A Piece Of Cheap Plastic”

Again, Tecno products are entirely made of plastic, only recently did the Chinese OEM start producing smartphones with leather shell and metal casing, better late than never. However, Tecno’s decision to stick with “cheap plastic” in the past does makes a whole of sense considering the fact that they control a market whose users are predominantly “low budget earners.”

It is a known fact that the highly rated Samsung Galaxy S series (up to the Galaxy S5) are made with a “cheap” plastic shell. Also, two years ago, the World’s most valuable brand Apple designed a line of iPhone in Plastic casing and no one gave a hoot about it, though it was an embarrassing flop.
[/b]
Pundits where always right about the very low standard of tecno, when you look at the quality/premium placed on tecno phones by the tecno manufacturers; you will definitely know that they use lower end resources to make sure phone which would fail the pass grade if shipped to the USA/Canada where quality is placed over price.
For Years now Tecno has consistently used the lower cadre of mobile phone processors to power its devices and unless the canon C8 is not an MTK phone maybe tecno has finally gone premium.
I still wont recommend a tecno phone except its basically for calling and receiving
Why didnt you mention their low resale value ?

5 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by ihatebuhari(f): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2015
Tecno phones are useless

10 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2015
plexond:
Good write up

Thanks smiley
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by mrlaw93(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2015
Rocking my boom j7.. The best phone tecno has ever produced.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Onyenna(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2015
A nọ m ebe a......
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by deking(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2015
Wiko is a better brand than techno.

They offer swap deals for defects caused even by the user.

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Onyenna(m): 9:09am On Oct 29, 2015
Not bad....@ OP......
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by seangy4konji: 9:09am On Oct 29, 2015
Never will I use such phone.

2 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by obainojazz(m): 9:09am On Oct 29, 2015
I thought tecno is a chinko phone made of cheap plastic.... I used a tecno....instead make I use them again...I'll count the sands in bar beach grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial / Blackberry Bold 10[picture] / Which Phone Can I Get Budget 60 To 70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.