Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) (58245 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo Visits Ayaba Maryam Adeniran Adeyemi, Wife Of His Father / Oba Rasheed Akanbi's Swag As He Steps Out For An Event (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by golfg(f): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2015
Photo News:

The Ooni of Ife-elect, Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi arrived Ile-Ife on Wednesday and was led into his family compound by his father Prince Rope Ogunwusi.

http://dawntodusknews.com/photos-ooni-of-ife-elect-steps-out-with-his-father/

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 29, 2015
***** Spreads Mat on Thread *****

All hail the King

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by decatalyst(m): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2015
A trendy traditional ruler.

Ade a pe lori ooo

Bata a pe lese ooo

Irukere a di okinni ooo

Kabiyesi ooooo

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Badgers14: 8:24am On Oct 29, 2015
The father looks not so happy in the second picture grin grin

But why did they chose the son instead of the father?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by lekan29ice(m): 8:26am On Oct 29, 2015
Badgers14:

Ifa choose the son

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2015
Every soon Rolls Royce will replace that Benz.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by eyeview: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2015
[/b]
golfg:
Photo News:

was led into his family compound by his father Prince Rope Ogunwusi.

[b]

Let me get this straight...
His father is prince while the son is king.
Ok

24 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by doublewisdom: 8:33am On Oct 29, 2015
lekan29ice:
Ifa choose the son
Ifa for where? He lobbied the most and got the throne.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:33am On Oct 29, 2015
Hv never heard it b4 dat the king Has a Father, Only Mother
Y would Ifa leave d father n pick d Son when He(Father) is still alive.
Jesus Remember Me Break Protocol because of me.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 29, 2015
grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by slimfit1(m): 8:44am On Oct 29, 2015
The father of a king is a king.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by homesteady(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2015
Would the father bow before him?

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by seangy4konji: 8:46am On Oct 29, 2015
Like a boss.

He is a boss.

I wish I could get that title. Initiate me into strong big men cults.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 29, 2015
homesteady:

Yes and the Mother too.

16 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2015
9jacrip:

Yes and the Mother too.

But there is a general tradition not to crown as king a prince whose father is still alive.

18 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2015
seunmsg:

But there is a general tradition not to crown as king a prince whose father is still alive.

Not in Ife, only if the father is a king.

10 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by simplycarro: 9:12am On Oct 29, 2015
homesteady:

Yes.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by denko(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2015
This is wield, political tradition of king making

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by mapet: 9:17am On Oct 29, 2015
Badgers14:

In Yorubaland, fathers can opt to allow his son vie for the throne, especially when the father feels he's gotten too old or has health issues. Some fathers choose to just give it to the son as show of love.......

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Beremx(f): 9:18am On Oct 29, 2015
9jacrip:

Yes and the Mother too.
His mum is late i think .
congratulations to the handsome king. God bless his reign.

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 29, 2015
Beremx:

Ase.
I only included the Mum (I'm not sure if she's late) to show his parents are not exempted from bowing to him when they go into his palace.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by pat077: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2015
So the father will have to prostrate to his son.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by khalebzy(m): 10:36am On Oct 29, 2015
Whats all this Hoorny, Hoorny Ooni news All about na sad undecided

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by arabianights: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2015
golfg:
Photo News:

The Ooni of Ife-elect, Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi arrived Ile-Ife on Wednesday and was led into his family compound by his father Prince Rope Ogunwusi.

http://dawntodusknews.com/photos-ooni-of-ife-elect-steps-out-with-his-father/

father must be sooooo proud.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by khalebzy(m): 10:36am On Oct 29, 2015
Beremx:

whats handsome there nw! smh..All these yoruba people sef undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by free2ryhme: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2015
A father witnessed his son become ooni wow

What a happy man proud of his son

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by khalebzy(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Confused people confused culture confused throne. Papa na prince son na king. There is something wrong with all of them
Lmao grin...i wonder o

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by teepsee(f): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2015
Are going to chop this man or what. Everywhere since today is oni or what self. Well only on nl anyways
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by osazeeblue01: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2015
Long live the King.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife's Wives As They Prepare To Bury Their Husband (photos) / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi & His Wives At His Daughter's wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.