Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. (1801 Views)

Startup In Nigeria / Want To Be Part Of Something Huge? Let's Build This Startup Together. / Web Developer And Designer Needed For Tech Startup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
On the 3rd of November, I returned to Lagos from Abuja where I went to present to some people at the presidency on some software deals. While in Abuja, I had over two weeks to reflect on a lot of things, and strategise on what next to invest my time after my last startup ended abruptly, please don't ask me why, just guess or assume. I had that much time to reflect because the OGA AT THE TOP I went to see informed me he was travelling with Mr President to the States for the just concluded UN Summit when I was already in Abuja. So I had to stay back and wait, do I have a choice? thank God I've a bachelor cousin brother Jose, who together with his friends and girl, made sure I enjoyed my stay . . . and the rest is now history.

So I returned to Lagos on a Saturday. Took Sunday and Monday off. When I say off, I mean my laptop being turned off not because Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company refused to give light to my street but because an Igbo proverb says beta anu, beta anu bu n'ahu nnama (translated to: cut meat cut meat, na from cow body) . . . So while off and weighing which of my ideas to kickstart next, I had some challenges zeroing in on one because all of them seem pretty much worth giving a shot. But then I remembered something Jonny Ive, the genius heading Apple Designs said about Steve Jobs' definition of focus, so I quote him verbatim "What focus means is saying no to something that with every bone in your body think is a phenomenal idea, and you wake up thinking about it, but you end up saying no to it because you're focusing on something else." So with that help from Steve Jobs via Jonny Ive, I shelved the other ideas and decided to work on what has now become AMADESK.

. . . . so permit me to introduce Amadesk to you, launched on 22nd October, 2015.

Amadesk is an interacting and engaging platform that enables anyone to share their experience and knowledge by requesting Ask Me Anything (AMA). Users post AMA using hashtag to indicate what they want to be asked about, and encourage other users to ask them questions, which they reply thereby creating a question and answer interaction.

The idea behind this came from several not so good experiences I always have when trying to call on several radio and TV programmes to ask questions and not being able to get through, then I figured I can actually solve this problem which I realized others are experiencing too, by create an online platform where everyone can be able to get through to anyone who is hosting a question and answer session, and have their questions answered.

At first, I just wanted to build for people that go on TVs and radios but on a second thought, I decided to open it up for everybody. This is because everyone has some knowledge or experience that could add values to others if shared. This could be how you successfully executed on your idea, how you lost some weight, how you overcame an addiction, how you helped your kids improve their grades, how you improved relationship with your spouse, how you turned around your career, what it's like being the Media Adviser to former President, Goodluck Jonathan or on a lighter mood, what it's like being a molue conductor in Lagos . . . Just about anything worth sharing.

And to make every conversation on Amadesk easy to classify, group and track across the platform and in the future when users start growing rapidly, hashtags are used to specify what every AMA is discussing and for emphasis. This hastagging is a core functionality of Amadesk as the site is built around people being able to auto discover and join conversations around their interest globally without following, or friending anyone on Amadesk.

Some cool fellows are already having good time in this website, so hop in and join the conversation visit http://amadesk.com

From
Nwosu Friday

2 Likes

Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by project7(m): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
What if I say twitter can suffice.
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 12:15am On Nov 03, 2015
Nope, twitter is totally different.
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 12:16am On Nov 03, 2015
project7:
What if I say twitter can suffice.

Twitter is totally different
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by cbrass(m): 5:44am On Nov 03, 2015
fanwosu:

The advice I will give though it may sound like no sense to you I will want Oubto take it. Cut off totally the influence of twitter and Facebook on the site, like login in with them or showing dem on your site
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 10:47am On Nov 03, 2015
cbrass:

The advice I will give though it may sound like no sense to you I will want Oubto take it. Cut off totally the influence of twitter and Facebook on the site, like login in with them or showing dem on your site

Ok, thanks. What specifically is your reservation about using them?
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by cbrass(m): 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2015
fanwosu:

Ok, thanks. What specifically is your reservation about using them?

They will steal the shine of your project I discussed this with adewasco2k some years back that we should create our own indigenous system where we can pull resources, just imagine I use my account from your website to login to another website just likebthe way many website do it this days by asking you to login with your Facebook account. Am not sure we can login to nairaland with Facebook or any of those social accounts
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by project7(m): 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2015
fanwosu:

The value proposition your site is promising is existing in twitter. Look deep. Think deep. I will like to work with you if you don't mind.
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2015
project7:

The value proposition your site is promising is existing in twitter. Look deep. Think deep. I will like to work with you if you don't mind.

My direction is different from that of twitter. I'm open to partnerships. Email me on fanwosu@gmail.com, lets fix a meeting.
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
cbrass:

They will steal the shine of your project I discussed this with adewasco2k some years back that we should create our own indigenous system where we can pull resources, just imagine I use my account from your website to login to another website just likebthe way many website do it this days by asking you to login with your Facebook account. Am not sure we can login to nairaland with Facebook or any of those social accounts

You're right bro, I hope to impliment the independency gradually. Thanks a lot.
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by cbrass(m): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
fanwosu:

You're right bro, I hope to impliment the independency gradually. Thanks a lot.

You welcome bro
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:13am On Nov 04, 2015
Wish you could share how and why your startup ended abruptly like you put it. Kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2015
53cur3m0d3:
Wish you could share how and why your startup ended abruptly like you put it. Kudos

Yes, I wish I could.
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2015
fanwosu:

Yes, I wish I could.
So if I asked you on Amadesk, you wouldn't?
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 11:42am On Nov 04, 2015
53cur3m0d3:

So if I asked you on Amadesk, you wouldn't?

I'll if I request for that on Amadesk.
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
fanwosu:

I'll if I request for that on Amadesk.
Expect me
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
53cur3m0d3:

Expect me

Ok
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by JoshRDWM(m): 3:39am On Nov 13, 2015
They do this on reddit...
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 9:36am On Nov 13, 2015
JoshRDWM:
They do this on reddit...

Yea Josh, a subreddit that have even hosted people like Obama.
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by Metalzoa: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2015
Wouldn't a radio show who wants to use this now be dependent on their listeners an amadesk account?
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 9:48am On Nov 13, 2015
Metalzoa:
Wouldn't a radio show who wants to use this now be dependent on their listeners an amadesk account?

Hello Metalzoa, I don't understand your question. Can you rephrase?
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by Metalzoa: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2015
fanwosu:

Hello Metalzoa, I don't understand your question. Can you rephrase?

fanwosu:
The idea behind this came from several not so good experiences I always have when trying to call on several radio and TV programmes to ask questions and not being able to get through, then I figured I can actually solve this problem which I realized others are experiencing too, by create an online platform where everyone can be able to get through to anyone who is hosting a question and answer session, and have their questions answered.

Let's say a radio show hears about amadesk today and wants to use it to replace (or augment) their call-in.

The listeners need an amadesk account to answer questions the show hosts ask, correct?

As they sign up, they need a way to be coached through the interface to learn how to do exactly what they need to do very quickly.

How are you trying to solve this problem?
Re: Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. by fanwosu(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Metalzoa:

Let's say a radio show hears about amadesk today and wants to use it to replace (or augment) their call-in.

The listeners need an amadesk account to answer questions the show hosts ask, correct?

As they sign up, they need a way to be coached through the interface to learn how to do exactly what they need to do very quickly.

How are you trying to solve this problem?

Ok. The interface is very simple to navigate. The process of signing up takes a click. Everything you listed above were taken into consideration while developing Amadesk . . . Thanks for your attention

(1) (Reply)

Programming, Where To Study In Nigeria / Can Android Studio Run On 1gb Ram / Decagon Fellows #decadev Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.