Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,844 members, 7,806,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken (70069 Views)

How Many Nigerian Languages Are Spoken In Your Family? / Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
Sowell28:
AUnless you do not like truth and reality. There's nothing like efik/ibibio nation or efik/ibibio language.Such classification is wrong. There is a region known as AkwaCross which contains a group of nations (linguistic neighbors). It is ignorant to think otherwise. The thread is unworthy to be on front page since the main topic contains inaccurate information.For instance,where's the Oron red hat in the photos? the topic write-up is inaccurate.

Oya I haff hear you na. It has do.

Can you get off my thread now? Thank you for trolling by sir. Dont come back. Nobody likes people who create unnecessary divisions and who cant state their points without being tribalistic.

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Sowell28:
When you provoke or hurt someone,there can be no love or unity. Brotherliness and Cooperation are reciprocal. For every action there's a reaction. No true Oronian has a reason to love or unite with ibibio and annang. You are just ignorant. Stop creating silly title threads,there's nothing like efik ibibio nation or efik ibibio language.

Thank you bro. I feel your pain. I really do.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by ocelot2006(m): 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2015
vicenzo:
Nawao! See hyperventilation!

cc: ocelot2006.

Your Annang is being accused of the same things you accuse Ndiigbo of.

"our oyel" " our oyel", turns out the oyel is not in Annangland, it's in Oronland.

So what happens now that Oron wants her independence?

You see why it's foolish to put faith in oyel instead of human resources.

Question: have you EVER heard of the Annangs claim any land owned by Eket or Oron? Geographically both tribes are even close (ie share borders). But please back up your claim with solid proof.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
so Lalasticlala and seun never move this thing go FP ?
We Are Watching
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Goodboiyy:
so Lalasticlala and seun never move this thing go FP ?

We Are Watching

The way they shun us minorities on nairaland. We go de beg for days, sometimes weeks, before they go hear us at all.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by nigerianvenom(m): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
Chinachriss:
I understand the Op's plight. Same here in Uniuyo with the Oron guys. They are really marginalized in Aks. But, I must commend them, they are very industrious. An average Ibibio person is very lazy.

Do u know why they are marginalised? Its because till tomorrow they can never agree that they are akwa ibomite nor have anything to do with akwa ibom state. u dont reap where u dont sow.
Imagine what d foool above quoted me to say... Saying that if he sees me that he'll stab me at d heart. Just imagine such hatred for my opinion expressed, it goes ti show u how a typical oronian is.
Comparing larry esin who is not known to have attained any height to udom emmanuel who resigned as an ED in one of the best banks in west africa, is that not stupiddity?
Until oronian accept the fact that they are akwa ibomite, they'll remain where they.
Go through the guys post

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by nigerianvenom(m): 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2015
vicenzo:
Nawao! See hyperventilation!

cc: ocelot2006.

Your Annang is being accused of the same things you accuse Ndiigbo of.

"our oyel" " our oyel", turns out the oyel is not in Annangland, it's in Oronland.

So what happens now that Oron wants her independence?

You see why it's foolish to put faith in oyel instead of human resources.

Oron doesn't have a single drop of oil, dont be decieve by that gooat. The oil here in is eket/ibeno. They own the oil and not oron as foolishly spread by that tout

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by nigerianvenom(m): 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
fratermathy:

Thank you bro. I feel your pain. I really do.

That idiota has no feelings of pain. He is just bin stupid
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Chinachriss(m): 2:32am On Oct 31, 2015
nigerianvenom:

Do u know why they are marginalised? Its because till tomorrow they can never agree that they are akwa ibomite nor have anything to do with akwa ibom state. u dont reap where u dont sow.
Imagine what d foool above quoted me to say... Saying that if he sees me that he'll stab me at d heart. Just imagine such hatred for my opinion expressed, it goes ti show u how a typical oronian is.
Comparing larry esin who is not known to have attained any height to udom emmanuel who resigned as an ED in one of the best banks in west africa, is that not stupiddity?
Until oronian accept the fact that they are akwa ibomite, they'll remain where they.
Go through the guys post
I fear o for that stabbing part o!

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 11:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
We are still waiting. lipsrsealed
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
I just did a search on this forum regarding this topic.. but I never saw anything similar to this..

now my question is why hasn't the mod move this thread to The Front page.. ?

Seun , lalasticlala we re watching

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
Goodboiyy:
I just did a search on this forum regarding this topic.. but I never saw anything similar to this..

now my question is why hasn't the mod move this thread to The Front page.. ?

Seun , lalasticlala we re watching

Oniovo. This thing tire me o. After person go make research and write. Abi dem think say e easy? I just don't like how they marginalise us. It discourages us from writing more.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
fratermathy:

Oniovo. This thing tire me o. After person go make research and write. Abi dem think say e easy? I just don't like how they marginalise us. It discourages us from writing more.

Dominique and Obinoscopy, come to our aid na.

They want Us to beg all the time before them go reason our matter.. mtchewww rubbish

Seun , lalasticlala tonyebarcanista pls tell us why this thread is not on FP ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Goodboiyy:

They want Us to beg all the time before them go reason our matter.. mtchewww rubbish

Bro, your blood de boil o. I believe that the moderators(Obinoscopy and Lalasticlala) and Seun will do the needful. This is a thread that tells the richness of the good people of Ibibio nation.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Obinoscopy(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Goodboiyy:

It will make FP in the fullness of time.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
Obinoscopy:

Cc: fratermathy Let's hope this mod keep to his word.. but must we beg before you know people like us Exist ?.. It ain't funny man, it hurts..
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Obinoscopy:

This your 'fullness of time' be like Buhari own o. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Dannyset(m): 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
Threads like this should be on the FP from day one. It's so educating and rich. Makes you fall in love with other tribes too. Nigeria is really blessed.

Lalasticlala pushed it to FP after fully digesting it.

OP, more power to your shoulder.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by kingk(m): 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
For learning purpose @ op, in geographical mapping, there's nothing like south-south.

South-south is a word used to deceive educataed illiterates in nigeria.
Its either south, south-east, or south-west.

South-south ko............north-north ni.

10 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by MsAnne(f): 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
Annang mma..iya Annang mma..iya Annang mma mma do...iya iyai proudly an Annang lady...@op ur head is der

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by speedyGonzales: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
Annang is not Ibibio... Quit calling Annang Ibibio!!!

while all akwa ibom languages are certainly similar, they all originated from Efik, therefore, we all speak variations of Efik not Ibibio! bullsh*t, Eket is the only other dialect that's really like ibibio but oron is very different.

3 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by MightyFortress: 6:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Lovely.... Felt nostalgic after reading this.... Down South dey hungry me badly... Even if na just long visit...
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by macaranta(m): 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
Oron has a nice albeit difficult language
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
nigerianvenom:

Nice write up by the op.
I love this. Though an oron man, annang and eket man will never agree to d fact that they are also ibibio.
If in doubt, ask IbokUtoroh.
D church mentioned above-QUA IBOE CHURCH is my church.
Popular ibibio guys include :
Okon lagos, ini edo, frank edoho, Vincent Enyeama, rose barkley of everton, tha suspect, don tom, presh of kc presh, etim esin, etc

na true o, we r now divided along ethnic line.
akwaibom is now divided into ibibios, annangs and the oros.
godswill akpabio reps annang, attah reps ibibio funny enuf udom also reps ibibio of southern eket.
the ibenos and eastern obolos are ijaw thhough dont know whether their ijaw language is the same as the ijaw of bayelsa, rivers and delta.
all the same am ibibio of annang origin so im a complete akwaibom man!
mum is annang and dad is ibibio though from d same senatorial district.
akwaibom isongo!
annang emaka ibono ooooooo!
ojeh ojeh ojeh bap.........

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Koolking(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
Worth bookmarking for my history class
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Willgates(m): 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Chinachriss:
I understand the Op's plight. Same here in Uniuyo with the Oron guys. They are really marginalized in Aks. But, I must commend them, they are very industrious. An average Ibibio person is very lazy.

I am an Ibibio man and find this very offensive.

7 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by cornel00(m): 6:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
am beginning to fall in love with this tribe

proudly Igbo though
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by OboloMAN: 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Op stop misinforming the Public.

Why will you write a thread about Akwa ibom and classify everyone in akwa ibom as Ibibio.

For Clarity purposes
Obolo (Andoni) & Ibeno are not and have never been Ibibio.

While the Obolo's (Andoni , Ibeno) & Oro's inhabit the coastal regions, the ibibios are found far North in the Hinterland.

If not for geographical mapping & state creation , there is nothing connecting Obolo's with Ibibio's.

Pls correct your thread.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by xreal: 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
Abasi odiong Ibibio.

Menemesit ke ndo eyen Ibibio.

Emana mfen yak nsok ndo eyen Ibibio

Itong uwem osong ndito Ibibio.

I rep Ibibio proper, ITAM

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by kentkayana(m): 6:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
All this write up just for lOCAL language ! Una own na wasa.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / See The Sacrifice They Dropped On My Neighbor's Doorstep / Photos Of Dogo, The "Tallest Man In Kaduna"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.