Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

"Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out (3128 Views)

A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. / Lagos And Abuja: A Tale Of Two Cities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 1:46pm On May 08, 2009
Kiandra was happy to walk into the kitchen and see Leon busy at the cooker, an amazing aroma rising from the bubbling pots. When her man cooked, it was always a treat – but it wasn’t often. What was the special occasion? She wondered as she went up behind him and embraced him warmly, planting a kiss at that vulnerable spot at the back of his neck.
 “Hello, lovely,” he said in his deep, coffee-grated voice, and she squeezed in one last hug before releasing him and craning her neck to look into the pot he was stirring.
 “Hello, Handsome,” she returned, inhaling deeply. “That curry smells gorgeous. Sorry my nap took longer than usual.” She gave him an impish smile before going to the ‘fridge.
 Leon chuckled, putting the lid on the pot and then wiping off his hands. “Hey, after last night, you probably needed the rest.”
 She glanced back at him with her own knowing smile. “Let’s just say, you give a damned good workout. Speaking of such, I thought I’ll go out for a walk, get some fresh air,” she told him as she opened the fridge, glanced in and gasped. Retrieving a large bottle of Dom, she held it up to him accusingly. “What’s champagne doing here, Lee? What’s really going on?”
 He came up to her, took the bottle and put it back into the ‘fridge before wrapping his arms around her waist. “Can’t a man surprise his woman with a romantic dinner? I’m cooking your favourite curry and rice, and the champagne seemed a nice added touch…”  As her accusing look got darker, he sighed, adding, “Look, I planned a special night for us, so quit the vexing. Just go on your walk, come back in an hour or so, and everything will be ready. Geez, someone would think I’m about to burn the house down.” He let her go as she reached for a plastic bottle of water before shutting the fridge door.
 “Well, you are up to something, that’s for sure,” she said, before pecking his chiselled cheek. He was so fantastic that it felt hard leaving him for even a minute as she went on her customary evening walk, but it was her only alone time when she could aerate her mind and body, and she took it serious. She usually walked two hours each day, but today she’d overslept, due to the lack of sleep their raunchy night had cost her. She still tingled all over from the memory of it. And she suddenly couldn’t wait to get back, eat his lovely dinner and have another piece of his loving. So one hour’s walk would have to do…
 As if annoyed by her chaste kiss, he grabbed her arm and drew her to him for a deep, wet smooch, his hand reaching up to squeeze her mounds possessively. “God, I love you, Kiandra. I want you like every minute. It’s driving me crazy.”
 She ran her tongue promisingly over his firm upper lip. “I love you too, Leon,” she breathed, ”You’re like a gift to me. I think I’d die if I lost you.”

He drew back slightly so he could look into her eyes, his gaze compelling. “You’d never lose me, Kiandra. And I’m going to prove to you tonight how seriously I mean that.”
 Her brows drew together as she looked up at him searchingly. Suddenly, his intent was unmistakable. She knew then that he was going to propose to her. Tonight.
 Not sure how to react to that unexpected possibility, she broke out of his hold with a gentle smile. “I’ll be back soon, darling.” And with one last squeeze of his fingers, she left.
 Outside in the cool and breezy air, she exhaled the breath she’d been holding ever since Leon had made his proclamation. He’d seemed so… so intense! They were in-love, yes even crazy about each other, or else why would they have moved in together two months ago, barely three weeks into their relationship? It had been a kind of whirlwind romance, but Kiandra had never got as far as thinking of something remotely as binding as marriage. She was only twenty-five, a successful writer, beautiful and fit, and marriage should have been on her list of priorities, but strangely it wasn’t.
 When she’d met Leon at a convention, it had been like a joining of soul mates. He hadn’t needed to pursue her for long, because she was good at knowing what she wanted and how to get it. Leon, in his early thirties, was wealthy in his own right, and like she did, worked from home. They decided to live together when they realised it would suit their lifestyles, and since the sex was so good it was getting tiring for them leaving the other’s flat every morning to go back to their place. She had a bigger, more homely apartment, so he had to give up his bachelor pad to move in with her. It had worked great so far, and she’d gotten so used to having him around that it was hellish to think of what it would be like without him. But the idea of marriage had never popped into her head. Why was that?
 She pondered that thought as a particularly heavy breeze lifted large tresses of her long dark hair, and she suddenly regretted coming out with just a light white tee and her low-slung jeans. It was usually warm in the evenings, but today was different. She looked around the quiet, tree-lined street and wondered at the wind that lifted the leaves off the ground. For the first time she noticed that no one had passed by her since she’d been walking. She usually came across a jogger or two, or someone walking their dog. A few cars at least would drive past. But not today.
 Kiandra shrugged the thought off, remembering it was a quiet neighbourhood, peaceful and safe, which was why she’d chosen to live in the area. She’d been walking for almost twenty minutes, and was feeling a little thirsty, and took a drink from the bottle of water she’d taken along. It was then she heard a slight sound behind her, and she looked back quickly.
 There was no one there. Shrugging her narrow shoulders against the slight new chill, she wondered if she shouldn’t just head back, since her thoughts were too jumbled to enjoy her walk anyway. She knew Leon wanted enough time to get the ‘romantic’ setting right, but she could always hide up in her office/study and work on her latest book. Making up her mind, she swivelled round unexpectedly, and thudded head-on into a solid form she hadn’t known was right behind her. Whether it was human or beast she hadn’t the chance to find out, as a blackness so strong and overwhelming took hold of her and pulled her down into its dark, bottomless pit.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 1:55pm On May 08, 2009
You can never go home.
Those words came to her then, and she pushed the food aside, rising and going to the open window as she looked out at the strangeness afar. Where was this place, she marvelled, and how could she be free from it?
Suddenly, the door was unlocked again and Peata returned. Kiandra was glad now that she had thought to clothe herself first, especially when she realised that Peata had not come alone.
Inside the room with them stood the strangest man Kiandra had ever seen. He was tall, almost devilishly handsome with piercing dark eyes and arresting face. His body was well-built and perfectly formed down to his boot-clad feet. He was dressed like some sort of warrior, or maybe it was just the way he stood, like someone who got things done. He had the same kind of otherwordly skin like Peata, but less pale and soft. He ran his eyes over her half-exposed form, as due to being more heavily endowed than Peata, she had more on display in the slashed-front dress she wore, and she tried in vain to pull the gaping bodice closed.
“My name is Fen,” he told her, and she shivered at the odd sound of his tongue. She marvelled that she could understand them, that they spoke the same language although it was obvious they were not part of her world. They couldn’t be.
“It was I who brought you here, Kiandra,” he continued, and her name seemed so strange when he said it; it was almost like a caress, from which she instantly recoiled. She felt some kind of force between them she could not understand, and felt anger to know he was responsible for her being in this place.
“How was it possible? How could you just…abduct me? Was I drugged?” she demanded to know. She saw them both share a silent look, before Peata chose to answer.
“We function, Kiandra, in ways you can not begin to understand now. This is why your people have never known of us, although we know all about you. Destructive, greedy humans, you have exploited this earth from the beginning of time. It has been our duty to keep the whole world from disintegrating, to keep it alive and well as it was intended when it was Created.”
“So, what are you guys?” Kiandra asked derisively, “Protectors of the Universe? Mother Nature’s avenging angels?” This time, the other two shared amused smiles, and she felt annoyed. “Something like that,” Peata murmured.
Kiandra stomped her feet. “I don’t give a f-ck what you are!” she cried hoarsely. “I want no part of you, of your world, or your master plan!” She remembered every word Peata had spoken to her earlier, especially those last words that seemed more and more ominous when she thought of them. “And I will go home. I demand to be returned home.”
This time, Fen thought it fit to reply. “It’s just not possible, I thought my cousin, Peata told you that. Once you cross the realm, you can not go back. For you, there can be no return. To try to would mean your death.”
“Then I would rather die!” she said hysterically, and lunged for the window, not knowing what she intended as she threw a foot over the ledge, perhaps to jump into the crazy nothingness beyond. But the sudden feel of Fen’s arms about her waist, dragging her back into the room, stopped her. She fought against his formidable frame, but he held her strongly and tightly. Then she looked up, up into the dark pools of his eyes and stilled as if mesmerized.
“You belong to our world now, Kiandra. It was meant from the day you were born. It took us some time to find you, but we did. Now you must be part of us. Accept it.”

“No, I won’t,” she half whispered, her hands pressing against his chest so she could have a sense of the pound of his heart against her skin. Part of her was terrified of his power, another part was drawn to him physically in no way that was humanly possible. She felt the manly length of him against her, and realised in some ways at least, he was indeed like man. He had a beating heart, and his body responded to hers like a man would. Just by holding her close like this, she could tell, with her deep-set female intuition, that he wanted her.
As if reading her mind, he let her go abruptly, and she had to reach out and grab a nearby chair so as not to lose her balance. He made for the door, brushing past the watching Peata.
“Prepare her, cousin. Soon, Marsh would request her presence. She must be ready,” he said in passing, and without a backward glance, left the room.
“Yes, Fen,” Peata replied, but he was already gone. She faced the standing, trembling Kiandra, her expression annoyed. “You will do well no to infuriate Fen. Nor Marsh. It wouldn’t help your matter in the slightest. Just like your world, and even more so, the men rule here. They are our lords and masters, to be obeyed and esteemed.”
Kiandra could assimilate only one word. It was the second time it had been mentioned, and she felt pricked by curiosity and even more fear. “Who… is Marsh?”
Peata’s chin rose a fraction, as if in pride. “My brother. The thirtieth leader of Emeraldom, the source of harmony and the essence of our very realm. He is to be your husband.”
“My… what?” Kiandra breathed, as for once she had an inkling of what was to be her use in this hateful place.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 2:00pm On May 08, 2009
Through her half-covered lids, she watched as Marsh rose fluidly from the canopied bed, his naked frame silhouetted in the dim candlelight as he headed for the nearby table to pour himself some wine. He thought she was still asleep, so she knew she could look upon him freely and without embarrassment. Now, even after all this time, she couldn’t believe how superbly, he and his kind were formed. Perhaps it was his royal blood, but he was even taller and broader than the rest of the males she had seen in Emeraldom. His large, shapely head was crowned with rich dark locks of the most velvety blend of green and brown, and fell to his large, muscled shoulders. His torso was a tapering length of cord and steel, ending in a flat, washboard belly that would be the envy of any human fitness buff. Another thing of envy, she thought with possessive inner delight, was his manhood which stood proud and heavy from its nestle of curls between his lengthy, strapping thighs. Even now, so soon after their last, body-shattering coupling, he was erect, hard enough so she could see that enticing curve to his massive cock that always gave that extra height to his lovemaking she realised she would never get enough of. No, she could no longer be his bride, but she knew that in a way, he belonged to her, that she had a part of him no one could ever possess for her own.
He turned his broad, deep-lined back to her just then, tipping his head back to down the glass of wine he’d poured, and she almost hungrily admired the curve of his manly ass, which seemed so sexy then she would have given anything to go over and kiss, lick, take a bite of the juicy-looking flesh. She already knew how it felt to squeeze and caress it as he lay atop her, buried in her deeply, the contrast in its firmness and softness enough to drive her to the brink each time. To think that soon, someone else would be entitled to be bestowed the almost insatiable, animal-like lust of his sex, made her bite her lip in fury and powerlessness.
Why had the forces not favoured her, she wondered as, still watching him secretly, she saw him slip on a robe and disappear from the room, perhaps to have a bath in his pool. She knew how he loved the water, how it cooled and soothed him when he was troubled or strained. She could only imagine the amount of pressure he could be under right then. She had felt the tension within him even as their passion had raged, and even as he had spilled his seed deep in her core, she had known he had felt no true release. Something had held him back.
If only her baby had lived, she thought achingly as she buried her face in the pillow to muffle a soft sob of inescapable pain. It had almost killed her to carry the child in her womb, and even as the foetus grew, the analysts had known that something was wrong.
She wasn’t the first human. Perhaps with Marsh, yes, but not with others of the royal band, for whom several earth women had been abducted to mate and breed with them. Carefully picked for the required purpose, they were fertilized soon enough, carried their pregnancies to the end, and had birthed healthy offspring that were now held in a special hidden location where they could be properly and carefully cared for till it was the right time for them to be exposed.
But with her, it had been different. It had ended in disaster, and for some time the analysts had been confused, dismayed at the outcome. They had been so sure she was the perfect match. And when they realised their mistake, she was immediately cast off, practically foisted upon Marsh’s cousin Fen as a bed mate for his pleasures. That was humiliating enough, but then he politely rejected to have her, had chosen not to mate with a woman of the earth as his royal brothers had done.
She didn’t know what would have happened to her if Marsh hadn’t decided to keep him for himself, perhaps out of pity, perhaps out of a love she told herself he had to feel a bit for her. Hadn’t she given herself willingly from day one? Hadn’t she accepted her fate and done as she was bid? She had loved him the moment she saw him, strange man-tree that he was, and had given up all dreams of home and humankind just to be a part of his world.
Now, he kept her in a specially appointed chamber here in his castle, and from time to time, he came to her to slake his hunger for the newly acquired taste of earth-woman, lesser and inferior to their kind but just as pleasurable, even more so, to bed. She was all flesh and heat, and humans had a special touch to their mating, more physical and raw, than theirs which was almost spiritual and a joining of their essences more than a joining of their bodies.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 2:05pm On May 08, 2009
^^^^Sections from a fantasy novel I'm working on; took parts from the beginning and the middle. I've hit a (writer's) block and can't seem to continue. I know it's a lot but I'll be glad if you guys in-house checked it out, tell me what u think. I'll post some more bits and pieces later; I just thought to share it with NL while it's still cooking. Constructive criticisms, comments are welcome, but no hating, please! wink cheesy
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 3:55pm On May 13, 2009
Marsh and Fen were hunched over the massive table, poring over maps as they charted the route of the invaders spotted by several of their scouts in the last several days. In their realm as the Protectors of the sphere of earth, sky and sea, they were always susceptible to attacks and raids from the dark ones, who knew of this land’s new weaknesses as their female population and in turn, the number of their kind, diminished. But there had never been a loss of the count of men able and ready for battle. They lived long, stayed strong till the last day they pulled breath. They were more than equipped with warriors to defend their territory : and to save their globe from those who would seek to destroy it, or at least overcome and capture it, for their evil plans. The Emeraldom had always been a threat to such enemies of life, and these adversaries knew that if the realm was crushed, then there would be free rein for them to wreak their havoc. It could not be permitted to occur. Marsh knew it was up to him, and his faithful warriors and allies, to keep his kind, and all things living, safe.
Finally, he dispatched many of his best men to fend off the scavenging invaders before they came too close. This was no time for an all-out war – everyone understood that. But the dark ones were mainly cowards, and always fled at a sign of the might of the Protectors. Ignore their little pinching approaches, and it could be lethal. Many a territory in the realm had been ravaged by mistaking them for harmless nuisances. Most of their females were abducted or killed, and Marsh swore never to let that happen again.
Fen was to head the expedition, and as the rest of the men left the room, he turned to his cousin. Now they were alone there could be discussions of a more personal nature. It was true he had been away lately, on a reconnaissance mission of his own, and felt he had to be filled in before he had to go away again. He asked Marsh how the bridal preparations were going. To his surprise, Marsh flung a rolled-up map away in annoyance.
“You can bet I’m just sick of that topic! The Council pulling you one way, the analysts in another – I just wish never to have to be part of this ploy. Not again!”
Fen reached out to grip his wrist, questioning eyes meeting that of his Lord’s. “Because of what happened with Jem? But we know now this can never go wrong.”
“I don’t care! I still hate that I’m a part of this,” Marsh growled. “Hunting for a mate like some damned beast in heat. Why couldn’t we be bound to the other species of the realm? There’s the Aeregans, lodged in the firmament. Those would have been a higher, better selection.”
Fen shrugged. “We dwell more closely with humans, so I guess they seemed a reasonable choice. Is it that you do not take to your bride?” His face was slightly guarded as he asked this.
Marsh laughed harshly. “More like she’s hardly taken to me. Understandably, she wants no part in this scheme either. I knew from the start what a wilful woman she would be – “
“Which would only make her a better queen, and mother to your sons, and daughters if the forces favor,” Fen told him jovially, with a playful pat on his back. “Just remember, the soft touch always gets them melting in your hands.”
Marsh laughed deeply, his voice holding no meanness as he teased, “What do you know of women, Fen? You only care for battle, and for duty. I do think you’re still a virgin at your ripe age of a hundred.”
“Perhaps,” Fen smiled slightly, “It’s taken me that long to find my dreamkind. Farewell, blood. I leave your realm well.”
“And you shall meet it well,” Marsh gave the customary reply, as they both gripped the other’s right shoulder in parting. When Fen was gone, Marsh thought about his cousin’s deeply-cut words. A dreamkind was the woman etched in your essence, one you loved even before you met her, and recognized her when you did. She was like a cut-away part of a man that he could spend his whole life trying to find, to make him complete.
The strange thing was, a dreamkind could belong to more than one man. In their realm, it was an obligation and honor to share your female, and if your dreamkind was that of another man too, or many others, then there was nothing for it. Rarely, there was a fight for her hand, where she either made her choice, or they had to clash till death to win her.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by maedan(f): 10:39pm On May 13, 2009
heyy. nice. cheesy
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by Ubiero(f): 11:11am On May 14, 2009
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sugabelle,tell me who the author of the book is and suggestions on where i can get it.Would be very very glad if you could be of assistance.I mean, i'm practically drooling over the excerpts that i've read so far.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by Ubiero(f): 11:47am On May 14, 2009
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee,somebody help me.Where can i get the book'tale of a dreamkind' and who is the author?
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 5:44pm On May 14, 2009
maedan:

heyy. nice. cheesy

thanxx , coming from u. cool

Ubiero:

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sugabelle,tell me who the author of the book is and suggestions on where i can get it.Would be very very glad if you could be of assistance.I mean, i'm practically drooling over the excerpts that i've read so far.

Drooling? cheesy, thanks a lot, I consider that a nice compliment. And as to who the author is and where u can get it, the answer is I am, and the book is quite unfinished and floating inside my computer smiley. That's why I needed some feedback, to see if anyone would enjoy it apart from me. Truth is, NL is the first place that anyone has had the chance to even see the manuscript, and I'm glad u like it enough to want to get a copy. And to show u how grateful I am, i'm posting another piece, which is actually one of my favourite parts in the story. Enjoy. wink
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 5:52pm On May 14, 2009
Shela’s eyes hooded at the sight of his teeth sinking into the fleshy fruit, wishing for a moment that it was her skin into which he was biting at that moment. For long she had lusted for Fen, the King’s cousin and right-hand, a Jungle man of boundless courage and integrity. He did not prey on the palace wenches like the palace guards did every time they had the chance – and he could easily have had his pick of the lowly yet beautiful girls kept in the palace for their skills both in the bedchamber and in other areas. Shela worked mainly as the kitchen maid, mostly with the head baker with whom she assisted to make the bread and cakes served at the palace. But at night, she warmed the bed of many of the officers of the Lord Marsh’s guard. She had many conquests under her slim, flower-meshed belt, but one that she craved for, would give her eyeteeth for, was the dashing, elusive Fen Bold. He was almost maddeningly immune to her, had barely ever spared her a passing glance. But that had never stopped her from longing for him, as she did now.
She lifted a hand to run it tantalisingly over the silver torso of his armour. “I long to bring you the treasures my willing body can provide, Lord Fen, not trouble,” she informed him softly, watching as the juice from the peach spilled down one side of his mouth, and before he could wipe it away, she dived forward and pressed her tongue to lap at his silky, smooth skin, moments before he shoved her away roughly. “You try my patience, Shela,” he said in a tone that warned of impending fury, not looking at her. She followed the line of his gaze and saw that it was riveted on the king and his bride as they both came down from the royal platform to have their bridal dance, their final act before they would leave the festivities for the Lord’s bedchamber.
“Our Lord Marsh is happy tonight,” she reminded Fen almost angrily, indicating the now laughing couple as the groom spun his new bride across the floor to the lilting music, “Why can’t you?”
“I am happy,” he assured her in a tone so cold it chilled her blood, when at last he looked at her.
As if to appease his wrath, she quickly lifted up his cup to him, almost in supplication. “Then drink, and be merry. And later, come with me and taste of my own wine that bubbles between my thighs, just for you, Lord Fen. Only for you.”
He took the cup from her, his hand closing over hers as he took a deep drink, his eyes holding hers and making her breath catch in her throat. What a devil he was, she thought helplessly. Handsome and fine, yet with a gleam in his eye that told her he could be mean, very mean. It scared yet thrilled her. She would have him in her bed if it killed her, she vowed.
He still looked at her, or through her, she felt suddenly, as she reached for a jug and refilled the cup in his hand. He drank once more, his eyes narrowing with intent as he finally spoke. “Taste your wine,” he said on a grunt half-filled with humour. “You’ve bedded a palace poet of recent, I can avow, to be able to mouth such flowery lines.”
Shela didn’t mind that he was laughing at her, nor that he seemed suddenly quite drunk. She leaned forward so that her heavy, almost wantonly prominent breasts all but spilled from her open blouse, their dark tips visible beneath the fabric. His eyes narrowed even further at the sight of them.
“Maybe,” she shrugged, as she artfully allowed her blouse slip further from her shoulder to bare her smooth, satiny skin, aroused by the fact that he was still watching, that she had his full attention now.
“But tonight I desire a real man in my sheets, one that is all hardness and vigour. And I promise him a night of bliss and forgetfulness in return.”
At her words, he blinked, turning his head once more to the royal bride and groom as finally, they left the great hall to cheers from the guests, and something in his eyes made Shela wonder a little.
“Forgetfulness, yes,” he seemed to whisper under his breath, and only turned to face her when with her hand to his cheek, she drew his head down to hers and touched her soft, inviting lips to his. No male with Emerald blood in his veins had as yet been able to resist her kiss, and she was certain Lord Fen would be no different. In the room filled with many merrymakers, she danced her mouth against his till they were melted into one, and with a groan he finally crushed her generous frame to his.
“To your room. Now,” he said gruffly against her lips, and her eyes danced with glee as she jumped to her feet and without a word, she made for the exit, knowing he would follow soon enough.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 14, 2009
oh wow sugabelle, great work   smiley
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 5:58pm On May 14, 2009
ibkaye:

oh wow sugabelle, great work   smiley

thank u, I appreciate it - and there's one more just 4 u . . . wink
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 14, 2009
sugabelle:

thank u, I appreciate it - and there's one more just 4 u . . . wink
Lol I feel so honoured cheesy kiss
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 6:02pm On May 14, 2009
Her name was Shela, meaning sweet and biddable, and from her youngest years she had been schooled by her mother and then other mistresses on every forbidden pleasures there were in delighting a man. But all her skills fell to ashes underneath the mastery of Fen’s audacious lovemaking. Her moans and cries of bliss soon filled the candle-lit room as he turned her on her back and put his lips to her heated skin, suckling his way from her heaving breasts to her deep navel and then down to her now veritably volcanic core, where his lips and tongue worked such magic she would have erupted time and again if he didn’t always withdraw just at the right moment. He drove her to madness with the teasing play of his hands which worked in tune with his mouth upon her shuddering frame. His very passion amazed her, made her mindless with the force of it.
  “Lord Fen!” she gasped as he finally lifted himself over and into her, penetrating her with a swiftness and smoothness that had him buried deep within her in moments. “You are matchless, my lord, I could die right now if you moved, ,” she babbled almost stupidly as her climax fizzed close to the surface, ready to erupt with his next thrust. To her surprise, his large hand came up to close over her open mouth, silencing her.
  “Don’t speak,” he hushed her, his lips sliding down her neck to one throbbing nipple, “’Tis not your voice I want to hear.”
  His enigmatic words confused her, but she had no chance to dwell on them as, sure enough, he began to stroke in and out of her. And she couldn’t help herself, coming instantly as he pounded relentlessly deep against her very womb, her shrieks well suppressed by his hand, which he replaced with his mouth as he kissed her forcefully, giving her no time to recover as he took her with as much violence as he dared without damaging her. And she welcomed it all, recognizing the rage and fire that seemed to roar deep in his soul. She didn’t know what drove him so, but she understood it. And took all he had to give. She probably wouldn’t be able to walk the next morning, but it would be worth it . . .
  It was a long time before he was finally sated of his rampaging hunger, sinking against her sweat-slick frame, almost crushing her till, with difficulty, she moved him gently to one side as he seemed weakened now by the depth of his release, which had shaken both of them. She’d long lost count of the many times she had crested, and felt exhausted yet glad that she had satisfied him. She lifted herself on her elbow and with tender, light fingers, brushed the damp curls from his forehead as he lay next to her, his face in the pillow as his eyes fluttered closed. His cheeks were dusky with fatigue, and her heart melted for him. What he needed, she told herself, was a wife to care for him, to love him, to wait adoringly in his room every night for the sole purpose of seeing to his every wish . . .
  Her dreamy thoughts were broken by the sound of his lips moving. His thick lashes fell heavily over his shadowy cheekbones, and she knew he had to be asleep, he’d seemed so tired. Nevertheless, she leaned forward to hear his mumbled words, a small, motherly smile playing on her lips.
  “Kiandra . . . ”
  The smile slipped from her face at the sound of that name, and her eyes flew around the room, as if afraid anyone else might hear. Would it not mean the death of both of them if it were? She stared at him half in horror, half in sudden perception, as in his sleep he snuggled the pillow close to him, as if it were a dear lover. She bit on her lip, torn with sympathy and dread for him. If what she suspected was true, then there was a foreboding of danger for Fen, indeed for them all. With a deep, ragged sigh, she pulled the covers over them both, settling down beside him and praying to the Forces for the first time in her rugged life, that things would not go the way she feared . . .
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 6:09pm On May 14, 2009
ibkaye:

Lol I feel so honoured cheesy kiss

U deserve it babe, and thanx u guys for even taking the effort to look in and read the lengthy posts. It means a lot to a writer that the story is enjoyable to others, and I'm glad, so I'll keep u guys posted on its progress if and when I make any! wink
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by Ubiero(f): 2:01pm On May 15, 2009
Sugabelle,you never cease to thrill me.How about we do it this way.When you are thru with the write up,i get to receive a complimentary book from you.Pleaseeeeeeee. kiss kiss.You are simply the best.My advise is for you to take things easy,you'll get thru this writer's block.It is part of what makes you a good writer.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 9:10pm On May 15, 2009
@ ubiero,

if a complimentary copy is all it takes for me to repay u, then deal! wink. I'll be posting one more installment from the end (as in, where I've stopped). It's been weeks since I've written anything, but I'll take ur advice and chill out. Thanks again babe!
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 9:18pm On May 15, 2009
They were in his bedchamber now, but they were not alone. Waiting for them were two help maidens, who silently and reverently came to stand next to Kiandra. Realising that they were to UnCloth her, she lifted her arms and almost sighed with regret as the gorgeous gown seemed to be peeled gently from her very skin to which it had moulded itself. And leaving her in her slip, they both disappeared from the room.
  Marsh watched with an indulgent smile on his lips, which widened to a grin as, now that they were on their own, she refused to meet his eyes and instead looked about the room. It was large, well appointed, but simply furnished. He was king and could have had as lavishly decorated a chamber as he could have wished, but he preferred unfussiness, and quiet elegance was more suited to his taste.
  He made no attempt to close the gap between them, content to simply look at her as she stood there, vulnerable and somewhat frail in the light slip which hem swept the rug underfoot softly. How much she had suffered, he reminded himself, seeing the tightness drawing upon her sweet features. He sorely wanted to go to her, unpin her golden-brown curls and let it cascade to her slim shoulders, then carry her gently to the bed and make love to her more tenderly than he had ever made love to any other before. He could never make up for  her loss of her beloved home, but he would try. At least, he would make her forget; that he could do . . .
  He lifted hands to undo his silver breastplate, and his sudden movement seemed to startle her into looking at him, and the fright in her eyes pricked him.
  “I’m not going to eat you, Kiandra,” he snapped, suddenly losing his patience somewhat. Divesting himself quickly of the armour and then all his upper clothing, he stood there bare-chested, his arms thrown wide. “Look at me. Look at me!” he ordered again more sharply, and she forced herself to settle her eyes upon his half-naked frame.
  “Are we so dissimilar, you and I?” he asked in a more gentle tone, holding her gaze compellingly. “Or do I differ so much from your dear Leon?”
  Her eyes widened with surprise at the sound of that name on his lips. “I know how in love you two were – I know he is mad with looking for you now, wondering what must have happened to his beloved. I am not asking for such devotion from you. Not yet,” he added warningly.
  “But this is your fate, Kiandra. I, and only I, am part of your destiny, not any man from your past life. Your place is at my side now. Forever.” He was standing next to her now, his hand taking hers and placing it upon his left breast. “A heart beats underneath my skin, as yours does. And it’s blood that flows through my veins, surely as it does in yours. What ever else is different about us, it isn’t important. What is, is this.” With that, he tilted her face up to his and kissed her lingeringly. It was the gentlest, softest kiss he could manage, although his need for her raged within him like ten demons. He’d wanted her ever since that first kiss of their marriage, with the pungent taste of that drink of wine dyed upon her tongue. The Goblet of Love had worked its magic on him instantly it seemed, and it had echoed within her, or so he told myself. Hadn’t she smiled at him more than once during the gay ceremony? Hadn’t she danced willingly in his arms, even laughed with joy at the palace joker’s attempts to amuse her with his antics?  And as the night had worn on, had he imagined that she had mellowed toward him, softened even, so that when he’d led her finally from the hall, he’d had the distinct feeling that she followed him willingly? Where was the willingness now?
  Not letting himself think too much on this, he continued to kiss her, his hands reaching to pull the flimsy slip from her trembling frame. He could drown in the heady taste of her soft lips, but he longed to savour the sweetness of her creamy skin, to feel her own arms wrapped about him in answering desire . . .
  He stopped short when, his hands taking both of hers, about to wind them about his waist, he felt something cold within her fingers. Drawing back, he looked down and peeled back her tightly fisted left hand, amazed, then furious, to find a sharp, small dagger inside her palm.
  “The Forces help me!” he swore for the second time that day, as he snatched the offending blade from her, tossing it far into the blazing fire in the corner of the room. She must have sequestered it from the cutlery served along with her food at the wedding banquet, and his eyes were stormy with barely suppressed rage as he struggled with the urge to shake her till she rattled.
  “And what did you mean to do with that pitiful thing, my lady?” he asked mockingly through gritted teeth, his fingers all but biting into the skin of her slender arms. “Stab me in the heart?”
  He was done being gentle with her, he decided, as he swept her easily into his arms and practically flung her unto the waiting, capacious bed. He heard her whimper as she fought to sit up, but he was with her instantly, pinning her beneath him so that they were chest to chest, thigh to thigh. His green-gold eyes fairly blazed down at her as with one hand he fastened both her wrists high above her so that she lay helpless while his free hand tore to shreds the one last thing that shielded her from him.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by Ubiero(f): 9:30am On May 18, 2009
Oh sugabelle,you just keep thrilling me.More than that,you keep tempting me.Your work surely deserves an award. wink cheesy
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 4:32pm On May 18, 2009
Ubiero:

Oh sugabelle,you just keep thrilling me.More than that,you keep tempting me.Your work surely deserves an award. wink cheesy

keep sweet-talking me like this, ubiero, and I might just get back to working on it! grin. Thanks a bunch for being thrilled and tempted - cheesy - I sincerely aim to please! wink
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by Ubiero(f): 12:55pm On May 20, 2009
yes, just keep it up.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 9:36am On May 21, 2009
Ubiero:

yes, just keep it up.

thanx dear, but itz tuff considering I've never seriously written a fantasy novel b4, and I'm kind of running out of ideas. i know where the story's headed, I just need to fill in the gaps to get to where it's going! cheesy. Anyway, don't mind my moaning, i intend to fix my mind on other things for a while, and hope the groove comes back! wink
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by YankeeZulu: 12:14am On May 22, 2009
@ sugabelle

gurl, u iz baaad grin. So this is what u get up to when noone's looking. cheesy. You try sha, i'm himpressed. wink
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 8:44am On May 22, 2009
YankeeZulu:

@ sugabelle

gurl, u iz baaad grin. So this is what u get up to when noone's looking. cheesy. You try sha, i'm himpressed. wink

hey you cheesy. what u doing outside the romance section? I thought you never venture from ur habitat tongue. Besides, this is fiction. As for you and ur antics . . . hmm'n wink
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by Ubiero(f): 11:07am On May 22, 2009
hey sugabelle.It is never easy to start something but i can bet you by the time you are through,you'll be filled with joy and pride that you were able to accomplish something.Infact, i should say that i envy because i am the world's accomplished procastinator.
don't mind me oh
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 1:19pm On May 22, 2009
Ubiero:

hey sugabelle.It is never easy to start something but i can bet you by the time you are through,you'll be filled with joy and pride that you were able to accomplish something.Infact, i should say that i envy because i am the world's accomplished procastinator.
don't mind me oh

never seen it written anywhere, ubiero, that procastination is a crime grin. On a serious note though, it takes months, even years, for some writers to finish one book. I hope that wouldn't be the case for me cheesy. A few weeks break and I should be back in top writing form. wink
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by Ubiero(f): 1:30pm On May 22, 2009
Don't worry yourself.You'll soon be through writing your book and don't say i didn't tell you.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 1:40pm On May 22, 2009
Ubiero:

Don't worry yourself.You'll soon be through writing your book and don't say i didn't tell you.

Amen to that!!! wink
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by maedan(f): 8:36am On May 23, 2009
sugabelle:

never seen it written anywhere, ubiero, that procastination is a crime grin. On a serious note though, it takes months, even years, for some writers to finish one book. I hope that wouldn't be the case for me cheesy. A few weeks break and I should be back in top writing form. wink

procastination aint a crime, but it's known to be a thief of time cheesy.
Forgive me, I just had to do that grin. But sugabelle, what u need is ideas, that's the only thing that can get the juices flowing again. Bury yourself in other books, movies, people. Something has to trigger u off. It works for me. wink
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 1:59pm On May 25, 2009
maedan:

procastination aint a crime, but it's known to be a thief of time cheesy.
Forgive me, I just had to do that grin. But sugabelle, what u need is ideas, that's the only thing that can get the juices flowing again. Bury yourself in other books, movies, people. Something has to trigger u off. It works for me. wink

Now, why didn't I think of that? wink cheesy. Thanks bunches for the tip!
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by Ubiero(f): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2009
Sugabelle,it's been quite a long time since we've last gotten in touch.Just wanted to know how the book was coming up.I hope you took the advise of maedan to heart.I'm sure the book is progressing along quite nicely.You can read books from authors like johanna lindsey,you know ''captive bride,tender is the storm,savage thunder,angel,hearts aflame and some others.By the time you're through with those books,your head will be filled to bursting with ideas for this book and more you'll plan on writing.
Re: "Tale Of A Dreamkind" - You Guys Need To Check It Out by sugabelle: 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2009
Ubiero, unforutunately the book hasn't budged smiley. It's just the way I (we grin) left it. But something tells me that when the bug hits, I will start and not stop till the whole thing's finished. It has happened like that b4. Didn't touch one of my stories for months, and then one day I woke up and finished it before nightfall. Thanks for the tips, though I don't read romantic novels any more, so all those "captive bride, tender is the storm etc" books wont help. I wish I had some fantasy stuff though, they might help. Once again, thanks for showing some love. wink. Appreciated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bonds Of Destiny / 99 Must Read Nigerian Novels (1938 - 2013) / One Man Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.