Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Advice To NYSC On Oversized And Substandard Kits Given To Our Corpers - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Advice To NYSC On Oversized And Substandard Kits Given To Our Corpers (1762 Views)

EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) / Female Corper Rocks Her Oversized NYSC Kit. Photo / Oversized Khaki Given To A Corper In Ogun State. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice To NYSC On Oversized And Substandard Kits Given To Our Corpers by SonOfTheLion(m): 11:33am On Oct 30, 2015
I greet you all!

I've observed overtime that it has become practice by NYSC to distribute oversized and sub-standard kits to corp members which is a shame on us as a nation. Because, it's no doubt that having NYSC program is a national pride and as such, it should be given proper and adequate attention like every other significant government activities.

Just yesterday evening when I got home from office, my girlfriend rang up my phone, no greetings, she just started complaining; baby despite staying two days in the camp before i finally got my kits, come and see the AGBADA they gave me, the trouser is just like big big madams' own, chai the shoe ehn! The material too is of low quality. I was like.. Baby that's how it has been, just walk up to MAMI, you would see tailors there, go and adjust everythng there. When you come visit me, we will get nice kit. She was not happy, so as many others..

This has brought me to the question that; is NYSC still operating like this? Thats very bad I must say. I urge government to urgently look into this and swiftly include NYSC as part of goverment institutions where corruption should be something of the past. Because I see no reason why corp members shouldn't be given nice and quality kits if government can allocate billions of naira to NYSC. NYSC too needs to be checked

However, I will suggest the following as possible solutions to end the issue of oversized and substandard kit:

1- Technology: I commed NYSC for adopting online registration which eases the registration process for corp members. But they can do better by including a section in the online registration platform where corp members would insert the size of their trousers, kaki shirt, crested vest and shoes e.t.c. This will enable the tailors to know the number of corp members who uses the same size of kit and sew the exact size for them. NYSC officials jst need to ask u ur size and handed it over to u.

2- Use of competent contractors: From the point of purchase of material to the sewing stage, competent contractors who are in the business and have good track records should be awarded the contract. But it's a pity those that does not even have any experience about the business will evenutally be given the contract. Nah Nigeria factor. Part of corruption killing us!

3- Decentraliztion of contract by LGA: Some will not agree with me on this due to the heights corruption has attained in our LGAs. But, the advantage of this is, contractors will be able to deliver their works excellently because the contract seems to be too big for some of them, thereby causing them to resort to sourcing for other means to meet their targets by all course. Therefore, if they are given contract that is in corresponce with their facilities, the work will flow.

4- Establishment Of NYSC kit-material company: Sounds funny but it will really help especially in the area of unemployment which needs to be placed on "state of emergency" according to reports. If the above will not really go along way in solving the problem, a company could be established solely for the purpose of getting ready quaility kit of exact size for corp members. By so doing, this organisation will not have any excuse not do its job as it has no other responbility except just get quality kit and exact size for corpers.

5- If none of the above is useful, federal government should credit corp members' account with substantial amount of money for them to get their kits themselve (you go fear badoo styles) grin except for crested vest and cap. They could publish/air the proper style thats acceptable in the camp and anyone who default should not be allowed to gain entrance to the camp.

Pls add yours and dont forget to correct my grammatical blonders grin

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Advice To NYSC On Oversized And Substandard Kits Given To Our Corpers by playtheblues(f): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2015
Tailors cannot mend them?
Re: Advice To NYSC On Oversized And Substandard Kits Given To Our Corpers by SonOfTheLion(m): 11:49am On Oct 30, 2015
playtheblues:
Tailors cannot mend them?
grin buh not right bro. what of those who doesn't have money to mend? Do you know some are in that camp with just 500 naira?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Employers And NYSC Discharge Certificate / What If You Don't Have To Spend Your Allawee Again?? / For The Genz, Itel Rolls Out Its Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.