Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Help, What Is Wrong With Me? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help, What Is Wrong With Me? (1151 Views)

What On Earth Is Wrong With Eco Bank / Please What Is Wrong With 02tvseries.net / What Is Wrong With This Christmas Tree? (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, What Is Wrong With Me? by ASHTAROTH: 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a problem that has actually eaten deep into me like cankerworm eats into the fabrics. I am 20 and I have an OnD. I work with a company in southwest Nigeria. I get paid well considering my qualification.

Since I finished my OND 3 years ago I have not been satisfactorily admitted. When I say satisfactorily - its either I was admitted and not given my desired course or I wasn't admitted at all.

The problem is I now resort to buying books unnecessirly. I can't even control it. I use up to 25k a month to buy books. Books ranging from areas of psychology, philosophy, religion and demonology. At first it was a solace for my failure to secure admission, but now its getting out of hand. I'm so addicted to it now that I can't stop. My whole room is flooded with books. I don't buy foodstuffs, I would rather buy books.

Although I've acquiesce a lot of knowledge but it is really nerve cracking, I'm getting tired. I don't eat, I don't even have a single friend, I sleep 2 am and wake up 5:30 am every work days. Fellow nairalanders, do you think I'm normal? Or am I going crazy? What should I do?

Please, help with possible solution. I want to get out of this shell.
Re: Help, What Is Wrong With Me? by Oppypoppy: 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
Omo labi iwe lari. Professor Efiko. ;DD. Reading is good though. Since u ain't happy by d way you go abt it. Make friends, go out, mix with good people diz ll reduce your addict to books.
Re: Help, What Is Wrong With Me? by WETINUSABI: 12:21am On Oct 31, 2015
Yours is a good habit. You just need to focus.

Meanwhile when next you're given a course you don't like, do it like that just for the sake of graduating. You can improve yourself personally on the fields of education you actually want by either doing it in your masters, doing it as a professional course or through reading self help books just like you're doing right now.

You're already on the path to success, I assure you...remember, readers are leaders.

No matter what you read, it will never goto waste because even if you don't find any use for it immediately, you have at least exercised your brain which helps in keeping you smarter.
Re: Help, What Is Wrong With Me? by ASHTAROTH: 8:38am On Nov 04, 2015
Oppypoppy:
Omo labi iwe lari. Professor Efiko. ;DD. Reading is good though. Since u ain't happy by d way you go abt it. Make friends, go out, mix with good people diz ll reduce your addict to books.

Thank you,
The issue about making friends is that I'm not really the outspoken type. I could remember staying with a brother (family friend). He would be talking and he would expect I contribute. But, I would rather keep quiet, at the long run the brother asked me to leave his house.

The only friend I've ever had has been in Bauchi for two years and I have not seen him in 3 years.
How I wish I can associate with people and make friends.
Re: Help, What Is Wrong With Me? by ASHTAROTH: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2015
WETINUSABI:
Yours is a good habit. You just need to focus.

Meanwhile when next you're given a course you don't like, do it like that just for the sake of graduating. You can improve yourself personally on the fields of education you actually want by either doing it in your masters, doing it as a professional course or through reading self help books just like you're doing right now.

You're already on the path to success, I assure you...remember, readers are leaders.

No matter what you read, it will never goto waste because even if you don't find any use for it immediately, you have at least exercised your brain which helps in keeping you smarter.

Hmmm bro, its more than that o. I have passion for Engineering and I don't want to trade it for anything.

Thanks very much sir. I shall put it into consideration.
Re: Help, What Is Wrong With Me? by Oppypoppy: 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
ASHTAROTH:

Thank you,
The issue about making friends is that I'm not really the outspoken type. I could remember staying with a brother (family friend). He would be talking and he would expect I contribute. But, I would rather keep quiet, at the long run the brother asked me to leave his house.

The only friend I've ever had has been in Bauchi for two years and I have not seen him in 3 years.
How I wish I can associate with people and make friends.

You can try dude. I used to be like dat Aldo not like urs buh I had to come out of my shell. Talk to people, mix, make friends. Keep in touch with people on fone watsapp etc. If u r a muslim or christian join a group in church, Associate yourself make yourself known and visible. Exchange fone contacts with good people. You will like it and enjoy it.
Re: Help, What Is Wrong With Me? by ASHTAROTH: 10:01am On Nov 19, 2015
Oppypoppy:

You can try dude. I used to be like dat Aldo not like urs buh I had to come out of my shell. Talk to people, mix, make friends. Keep in touch with people on fone watsapp etc. If u r a muslim or christian join a group in church, Associate yourself make yourself known and visible. Exchange fone contacts with good people. You will like it and enjoy it.

The problem is nothing really appeals my heart, when it comes to social life. But, I am going to try these out. Thanks very much, may God bless you.
Re: Help, What Is Wrong With Me? by Jabioro: 10:49am On Nov 19, 2015
ASHTAROTH:
Hello everyone,

I have a problem that has actually eaten deep into me like cankerworm eats into the fabrics. I am 20 and I have an OnD. I work with a company in southwest Nigeria. I get paid well considering my qualification.

Since I finished my OND 3 years ago I have not been satisfactorily admitted. When I say satisfactorily - its either I was admitted and not given my desired course or I wasn't admitted at all.

The problem is I now resort to buying books unnecessirly. I can't even control it. I use up to 25k a month to buy books. Books ranging from areas of psychology, philosophy, religion and demonology. At first it was a solace for my failure to secure admission, but now its getting out of hand. I'm so addicted to it now that I can't stop. My whole room is flooded with books. I don't buy foodstuffs, I would rather buy books.

Although I've acquiesce a lot of knowledge but it is really nerve cracking, I'm getting tired. I don't eat, I don't even have a single friend, I sleep 2 am and wake up 5:30 am every work days. Fellow nairalanders, do you think I'm normal? Or am I going crazy? What should I do?

Please, help with possible solution. I want to get out of this shell.
You just realized your self..so can change to whatever you want now...afer all you are the one communicate the above to world at large ..
Re: Help, What Is Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Help, What Is Wrong With Me? by edogho(m): 4:22am On Nov 30, 2015
I'm sure you got your moniker from one of those demonology books... I know a thing or two about that name.

Relax, nahtin is wrong with you, you're just becoming too/overly sensitive which ain't good for you. Like me, I haven't closed my eyes to sleep since waking up Sunday morning but I don't get worried anytime it happens.

might be, the work of your internal timing, you sleep only when your body is ready not necessarily night time... so relax bro and take some advice here, especially that of going out, even if you don't have friends..... I go to clubs, bars anywhere I can sit and watch people anytime I get that troubled feeling, try dat too. even leave your game at home and try game houses and viewing centers for football matches but don't sleep there like me o, lols

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Accident Along Army Barrack This Evening "Graphic Pics" / OAU SUG Election Results. Check Here / MAXOkada, Motorbike Hailing Platform in Lagos, Nigeria Is Looking For Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.