Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,406 members, 7,781,182 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development (54550 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Joins The Board Of Gavi / Okonjo-iweala Joins Us Investment Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by JumiR: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2015

It’s been almost 10 years since I sat down for coffee with Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala in Davos. A former World Bank VP and then Nigeria’s finance minister, she was looking for assistance in what became, 15 months later, a $30 billion debt reduction deal with Nigeria’s bilateral creditors. I’m proud that CGD played a role in securing a deal; forgiving the debt of an oil-rich country burdened by corruption was controversial and complicated (see Todd Moss’s April 2006 blog post here). A first step was more political than financial: persuading Nigeria’s creditors in Europe that Nigeria was eligible for IDA status. At that and every subsequent step during two rounds as finance minister (including managing a reduction in Nigeria’s regressive fuel subsidies), Minister Okonjo-Iweala’s contribution has been fundamental in her own country’s struggle to become a better economy and democracy.

In the meantime, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has served as vice president and then managing director under the last three presidents of the World Bank, and in 2012 was a candidate for the presidency at the World Bank.

So it is a thrill for me that Ngozi is now joining CGD as a distinguished visiting fellow. In the immediate future she will be working on the challenge of deepening and broadening financial services (credit, savings, insurance) for the world’s small farmers, bringing her own extraordinary experience and economic savvy to that tough issue.

Welcome Ngozi!

http://www.cgdev.org/blog/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-joins-cgd

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Blizzy9ja: 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
A good woman... Going 4rm glory to glory

Since she left our economy has started nose diving

280 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by rexel99: 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
And that short man has been condemning you and your legacies since you left office.kudos madam

229 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by adehsenior(m): 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
Very soon all the APC e-rats will gather here to call her all sort of names. Who God has blessed no man can curse

227 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by daniska3yaro(m): 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
She's honoured because she destroyed the economy of her Nation.... Nothing to be Proud of...

Oh Lord, in whatever capacity i find myself, give me the strength and Capacity to improve the well-being of my people and that of My nation....

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by appini: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
After all this achievements, Buhari is still aiming and fighting shadows!

234 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by myqel(m): 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
Congrats ma...I so much love this woman

I pray that my wife/daughter reach d level she attain and even more smiley

123 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by CyberWolf: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
And bad news for the zoo and it's zombie sai baba miscreants...I hope oshiomole is seeing this? ...Madam Ngozi, don't mind your haters because God is there for you..Congrats!!!!

114 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by hinwazaka: 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
This woman too much. She and her family keep soaring in the sky.
In other news, our VP has decided to annex the economy to himself.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/there-ll-be-no-coordinating-minister-of-economy-in-buharis-govt-osinbajo/. While his boss has grabbed the Oil sector.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/30/nigerian-president-muhammadu-buhari-to-become-oil-minister-in-own-cabinet
He has decided to keep the money and capital markets for himself and the jagaban. The APC will kill our economy.

42 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by chesterlee(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
Mrs Ngozi Okonjo is already a living legend!

#ThereWillBeHaters

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by gcof(m): 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
Nigeria has a material in you but you were only carried away by lawlessness of Nigeria and corrupt politicians

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Tranquill: 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2015
gcof:
Nigeria has a material in you but you were only carried away by lawlessness of Nigeria and corrupt politicians

Please read your comment again to check if you are making any sense.

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by gcof(m): 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
simply ask for clarification or you jump and pass

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Uniben4sure: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
That's my role model!

Dear lord, please bless me with women of NOI's caliber as wife and as daughters. Amen!

Congrats my beloved NOI.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by damton(m): 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Mama continues to blaze the trail.

19 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by zopaks: 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
watch out for Sahara reporters, they would start looking for loopholes to attack the woman and create an imaginary image of a corrupt person that she never was

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by shaddoww: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
Congrats to her, she has a pedigree but she isn't good in government though
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by babasanti: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
Oshomole won't sleep well tonight

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by biafranqueen: 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
GEJ administration witch hunt on corruption how far?

12 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Joy83(m): 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
What a model to every girl and young lady!!!

Congrats to her

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by BE811APP: 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
Congratulations ...

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by engrjosefz(m): 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
good for her

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by BE811APP: 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by otabuko(m): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
They always get the top jobs, they can't settle with their loot.... But ordinary Nigerians never find any.... #Godplease help the common man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Bigdreams(m): 10:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
Congrats to her.

Have you read Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?

Click https://www.nairaland.com/2647784/business-sense-bulk-sms-business to read now.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by makzeze: 10:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
Who is Ngozi Okonjo Nweala?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by emmalexabl(m): 10:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
Conratz ma'am..,
may you continue to soar like an eagle..

I know sons and daughters of hate from the other side won't like this goodnews at all..

but I dont care anywayz !!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2015
undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Vodkka(m): 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2015
olatunji21:
She's honoured because she destroyed the economy of her Nation.... Nothing to be Proud of...

Oh Lord, in whatever capacity i find myself, give me the strength and Capacity to improve the well-being of my people and that of My nation....
d u want my #Amen??
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by opiaoku: 10:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
olatunji21:

palm wine tapper.

pray your generation will archive 1% of her archivments.

onye ala

41 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu / 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.