Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Let Justice Prevail - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Let Justice Prevail (420 Views)

Quest For Justice <an Action Thriller > / Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / The Justice Creed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Justice Prevail by smartsammie(m): 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
The fact that I couldn't help still remains questionable. I still bite my fingers in regret because I couldn't be of help to this little girl. She ran towards me panting like someone been chased by a cheetah, her adrenaline gland was over secreted, she grabbed my arm and held me tightly. I was wondering, what's happening, is this a dream?? She said 'uncle, uncle help, He is coming...' as she was trying to explain the calamity that had befallen her, the man behind the scene surfaced. He ran towards where we were and he kept on shouting, 'olriburuku' meaning an unfortunate being. This he said to interrupt the girl. Her heart beat faster than before, I could hear her heart beat. She was really scared, her feet were trembling! The monster moved closer, I know him, yes, he stays some few rooms away from mine. The girl kept on saying in her little, tiny, cute voice 'pls help me'. She kept on muttering those words until her voice began to fade. I could not help her, the guy in question his way older than me. I could only plead on her behalf. The plea turned him off, he turned to me and said, 'don't you know me? Leave now!!'

He was about beating hell out of the teenager before I took my leave. His voice over threw that of the little damsel. I could no longer take it again. I urged my lower limbs to take me as fast as they could. He kept on ranting, tears dripped down my eyes can't remember when last that happened. I felt pity for this cute, short, teenager.

During the course of his ranting, I heard him say stuff like "is it because I was playing with your sister, was I talking to you?" I knew within me he might have been playing with the sister in a suspectible manner. Hahaha 'Congi na bastard!!!'. She also said things like our parents brought us here to sell goods and not to play.

Irrespective of what might have transpired, the "egbon's" actions and reactions were uncalled for. This is a little girl he can father if he had the child out of wedlock. He is in his final year, he is only going through the school the school has not gone through him.

Lesson: Let justice begin and prevail! We are all clamoring for change. Let's stop blaming Buhari led administration. The change we desire begins with us - you and I. Whether the culprit is older than us or not, probably they are more influential than we do. It's not important. I subscribe to this quote 'Heaven may fall, let justice prevail'

I didn't say the truth when it was needed most. I should have corrected that man politely. I should have listened to both parties not leaving the vulnerable girl alone like that. I didn't want to offend him, I was scared of what he would do to me. The fear of saying untrue stories about me in the block overwhelmed my heart. What people say about you doesn't matter that's not who you are, its just their perspective about us.

I

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About Alabama Trips. / Adolf Hitler The Perfect Villain / Lights Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.