Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Itching Of The Left Hand - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Itching Of The Left Hand (10903 Views)

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / Giving And Recieving With The Left Hand. / The Left Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itching Of The Left Hand by Epi: 7:43pm On May 08, 2009
One of the student just call me and say her left hand is itching. . . .is it a sign of money?
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by ElRazur: 11:55am On May 09, 2009
Erm how do you want your answers? Culturally or scientifically? Oh sod it! I will give you both!!

Our people believe that precognition - warnings signs of things to come etc - are somehow ingrained in mostly everyone. Hence why an itching palm is believed to be something to do with "financial gain of some kind in the horizon"

On the flip side, your friend's palm is probably reacting to the need to itch, which may have been caused by handling of an skin irritant - soap etc, or your friends needs to wash her hand lol.

grin
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by prittigrrr(f): 1:48am On May 10, 2009
African Americans believe it is a sign of financial gain. I need to make a list of these beliefs to compare with beliefs held by indigenous Africansm
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by SeanT21(f): 3:58am On May 10, 2009
Liberians believe that if your palm is itching that means money is commin your way!!!

Lets wait and see!!
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 10, 2009
I believe if any of your hands are itching, you need to wash them more often. wink
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by chiogo(f): 6:20pm On May 10, 2009
Siena:

I believe if any of your hands are itching, you need to wash them more often. wink
buhahahaha
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by spikedcylinder: 1:34pm On May 11, 2009
Siena:

And moisturise to avoid skin flakes. cheesy
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by jamace(m): 8:10pm On May 11, 2009
Money is coming - itching palm. This is what I have been hearing from my Naija colleagues. grin
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by Naijagirly(f): 10:32am On May 20, 2009
My Grandma once told me that when you LEFT palm is itching you it means you want to spend money but if its your RIGHT palm its means money is coming your way
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by Leilah(f): 11:35pm On May 22, 2009
we in ireland believe if its in between the knuckles in particular its money related.
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by Libra38: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
jamace:

Likewise my old parent in the village
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by elelem(m): 1:32am On Apr 16, 2010
Sign of financial blessing.
Re: Itching Of The Left Hand by Beaf: 10:02am On Apr 17, 2010
Just wash ya hand jare! grin

(1) (Reply)

. / African Gods: IGBO DEITIES / What's The Oldest Tribe In Nigeria Between Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.