Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: (1112 Views)

(PHOTO) If This Happened, Buhari Is Serious About Corruption. / Obasanjo Blasts Jonathan Again, Says He’s Promoting Corruption, Bad Governance / Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by Akpangbon: 8:41pm On May 08, 2009
Is the above statement true? Some of us still think a great deal about Nigeria, and with respect as well. If you think Nigeria is a failed state and the above statement is true, then, ok, we have heard, no need repeating what we already know, what we want to know is what are those things that still makes Nigeria a country respectable - in technology, in sports, in any field thinkable. This is not a Naija bashing forum, and if anyone thinks the question should be asked otherwise, I say thank you, kindly start your own thread.

What are those things we should be happy and proud for as a nation.
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by blacksta(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2009
Akpangbon = I_Laugh

you change name but you cant change where and how you live footprints on Nairaland. So easy to trackdown

omo ta grin
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by Akpangbon: 9:14pm On May 08, 2009
Blacksta baba - u don chop?
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by yeswecan(m): 9:23pm On May 08, 2009
Corruption

Crime is the cause of human poverty and not the other way around. When the international community finally has the political will to prosecute corruption as much as it does violence, poverty and violence will begin to diminish.

Those in charge of the international community tops the corruption list .

In the real sense, Nigeria is not among the top most countries on earth. Developed countries such as USA, Russia UK are more corrupt than we can ever see.

The economic melt down was actually caused by corrupt Wall Street official, but you will never know their names, they have ways of shielding the names. What about governor Blagojevich busted trying to sell Obama's Seat, what about the great oil conspiracy

The little Nigeria scams are outdated in the United States.

Russia, saw 88 reporters murdered over the past 10 years, is considered one of the most dangerous places in the world for journalists to work; almost 10 journalists dies every year from Russia'S corrupt government. If this was the case in Nigeria the international community would have placed a spell on us.

We have bad leaders; period. Civility is also an issue in Nigeria; personally I don’t think Nigeria is as corrupt as it sounds.
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by chidichris(m): 9:25am On May 09, 2009
poster,
did u change id as alleged by blacksta? if ur answer is yes, maybe that is the other side of nigeria that u want to present here.
someone was celebrating cnn for presenting nigerian hiphop musics and if this same cnn presents niger delta tomorrow we will all go mad in criticism. where does this kind of life work? we must learn to face the realities of life.
u must be sound before you change another man to goodness. nigeria goes down deeper and deeper on daily basis because we have hypocrites as leaders.
if a man with double or multiple ids continue to be our role model here, we will end up following a shadow. my prayer for u today is that God will help you to be yourself and make you stay far from hypocrity.
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by Akpangbon: 7:21pm On May 09, 2009
@chidicris

If that is your answer to the above question, then I can see why there is no hope for Nigeria - who said he wants to be a role model to you? what has multiple ID got to do with the question? You sure have ways to show your intellect.
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by otokx(m): 8:38pm On May 09, 2009
Nigeria is about darkness - no nepa, generator noise and fumes, hold up caused by bad roads, police check points, fuel scarcity. Plenty churches with pastors collecting the little that the people have.
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by asha80(m): 8:53pm On May 09, 2009
otokx:

Nigeria is about darkness - no nepa, generator noise and fumes, hold up caused by bad roads, police check points, fuel scarcity. Plenty churches with pastors collecting the little that the people have.

cheesy
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by kosovo(m): 9:27pm On May 09, 2009
illusion. Nigeria is a DREAM!
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by Lax75(m): 10:50pm On May 09, 2009
Nigeria is not a failed state. Until Nigerians actually become extint, its not a failed state. There is hope just like there was for Ghana. People would always compare Nigeria to Developed countries all the time but lets be realistic here. Let's crawl before we walk here. Let's compare apples to apples. Ghana, a little over a decade ago was no where near its current success. Yes, we have all these obstacles in Nigeria, but we also have many brilliant minds too. Nigerians are a bunch of smart, determined, creative people, who are admired by those who explicitly admit to these qualities, and implicitly by those who always bash us out of envy. That being said, we just need to re-focus our God given resources and chanel them towards success.

We are VERY blessed and our blessings are either mismanaged, embezzeled or looted by those who know we are blessed (the West). There is so much we can do, with the right infrastructure and leadership in place, besides selling crude oil. So much!! Tourism, outsourcing of labor from the west, agriculture, etc are all sleeping. Waiting to be exploited and "optimized."

So my answer is that there is more to Nigeria than corruption, yahoo, 419 etc, Here in the US, I don't have a single Nigerian friend who doesnt have at least an undergraduate degree. Most have advanced degrees and work as professionals in good companies. Many akata friends of mine have even made comments like "damn all y'all Nigerians are always doing something!" They got some hardcore respect for us.

My 2 cents
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by jona2: 5:48am On May 11, 2009
naija too much. lipsrsealed
Re: Is Nigeria Realy All About Corruption, Bad Governance, Yahoo Yahoo, 419, Drugs: by blacksta(m): 6:38am On May 11, 2009
Lax75:

[b]Nigeria is not a failed state. Until Nigerians actually become extint, its not a failed state. [/b]There is hope just like there was for Ghana. People would always compare Nigeria to Developed countries all the time but lets be realistic here. Let's crawl before we walk here. Let's compare apples to apples. Ghana, a little over a decade ago was no where near its current success. Yes, we have all these obstacles in Nigeria, but we also have many brilliant minds too. Nigerians are a bunch of smart, determined, creative people, who are admired by those who explicitly admit to these qualities, and implicitly by those who always bash us out of envy. That being said, we just need to re-focus our God given resources and chanel them towards success.

We are VERY blessed and our blessings are either mismanaged, embezzeled or looted by those who know we are blessed (the West). There is so much we can do, with the right infrastructure and leadership in place, besides selling crude oil. So much!! Tourism, outsourcing of labor from the west, agriculture, etc are all sleeping. Waiting to be exploited and "optimized."

So my answer is that there is more to Nigeria than corruption, yahoo, 419 etc, Here in the US, I don't have a single Nigerian friend who doesnt have at least an undergraduate degree. Most have advanced degrees and work as professionals in good companies. Many akata friends of mine have even made comments like "damn all y'all Nigerians are always doing something!" They got some hardcore respect for us.

My 2 cents

I dont you agree that you can use this the context to define a failed state. Is Zimbawe or somali not failed states. Your argument is clearly flawed because population still exists in these two countries. Anybody saying Nigeria is failed state is technically wrong but slightly closer to the truth. What i know - Nigeria is clearly showing trends of failed states if things are not reversed then maybe in another 10 or 15 years we will surely arrive at the status of a failed state.

(1) (Reply)

Yara'dua: Wole Soyinka Calls For Civil Disobedience. / Tragedy: Suspected Cult Members Kill Varsity Lecturer / Crude Oil Price In Ibb/abacha Years Vs Price In Obj/gej Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.