Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 (12376 Views)

I Need Help. My Toyota Camry 1999 Is Overheating / Would You Buy This Almost Brand New 1985 BMW 323i For N30m? (photos) / HELP!!!!! I Want To Buy 1999 Bmw 3 Serious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Jakumo(m): 7:16am On Oct 31, 2015
Yes sir indeed, to Mercedes purists world wide, that 14-year stretch of time between 1985 and 1999 is known as Mercedces' Golden Age. The reason is simple. By 1985, automotive engineering materials and technology had been perfected by Mercedes engineering teams, who were essentially given carte blanche to design road machines to the highest standards of precision, safety, performance and reliability that were humanly possible at the time.

By 1999, however, the Mercedes corporation had been sold to Daimler Crysler, whose primary focus was cost-cutting and churning out cars with overly complex electronics and computer systems, on mass production assembly lines. Thus, Mercedes cars that were once designed by engineering teams with formidable technical skills, were, post 1999, cobbled together under the bumbling direction of accountants, whose primary objective was to save money and mass produce fodder to cater to that lucrative segment of the car buying public blessed with more money than common sense.

The result was disastrous on many fronts, but, rather than dwell on the decline and dumbing down of the once glorious Mercedes brand name, this thread is all about celebrating the time-tested mechanical masterpieces crafted by true engineers at the Mercedes Research and Development facilities, between those historic years of 1985 to 1999.

Without further ado, let us start this parade of road monsters with the venerable W126 production line, namely the S Class flagship of the genre, the always mighty 500/560 SEC.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by xreal: 7:20am On Oct 31, 2015
Even if I see the clean 1985 Benz, I will buy and drive it.

Benz and other cars.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Jakumo(m): 7:26am On Oct 31, 2015
Next in my line of old school Merc icons is the SL500 R129 Roadster series, which ran from 1989 until 1999. I get serious wood just looking at these sleek interceptors, these road warrior vagabonds that STILL out-perform most "modern day" cars of similar capacity, with ease and panache.

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Jakumo(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2015
Now for the quitessential Wolf in Sheep's Clothing - the unassuming, low key, gentlemanly ANNHILATOR of lesser cars, the ONLY Mercedes ever crafted JOINTLY by engineers and technicians from BOTH Mercedes and Porche, the Autobahn eliminator that eats most other pretenders for breakfast, the E500/500E.

These are of course now regarded as classics, by well-heeled collectors, and as such, their price has gone through the roof, especially since such a tiny number were ever produced during a fleeting window of time. Do not be misled by the mundane, polite appearance of this creation, because, in the right hands, this car effortlessly will leave all but the most determined and suicidal drivers of lesser cars FAR behind in the dust.

If you see one of these for sale in some forgotten back yard, buy it RIGHT AWAY, for there will be no other like it in our lifetimes, for sure.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Jakumo(m): 7:37am On Oct 31, 2015
Well that is all for now, fellow car fanatics. Feel free to add your own pictures and commentary here, provided that your submission is relevant to that Golden Age of Mercedes design, which ran from 1985 to 1999.

Now, I have some HARD driving to do. The open highway beckons, and I am but a hapless glassy-eyed SLAVE to speed, a goose-stepping disciple of the wide open throttle, whose rampaging addiction MUST be fed yet again on this fine evening.

Before I go ahead and gonzo-launch this mechanical marvel, let me include a picture of the fabled 5-liter V8 power plant to beat them all - the Mercedes M119 V8 engine, featuring a nominal displacement totalling 5 liters of understated, undiluted, hell-on-wheels.

To enjoy this engine in all its primal majesty, it is VITAL that the UPPER left and right plastic timing chain guides MUST be replaced IMMEDIATELY you acquire any vehicle propelled by this fearsome motor. Also, for M119 engines made between 1993 and 1999, the 16 plastic CAM OILER TUBES, located atop the opened cylinder head assembly, must be replaced with pre-1992 METAL oiler tubes, since the cheap plastic ones do tend to fall apart over time. With these two VITAL upgrades done, your 1985 to 1999 V8 Merc will run smooth as a Swiss watch for many, many years to come.

Vamunos ! Adios Amigos ! Carrrambaaaa !

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Denn(m): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2015
Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

A long name...202 BHP

Car by Benz, Engine by Cosworth

Autobahn eater

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Jakumo(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2015
Denn:
Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

A long name...202 BHP

Car by Benz, Engine by Cosworth

Autobahn eater

Nice. Very nice. I like it. Previous to reading your post, I had regarded all 190 series Mercs as mere pretenders to the name, meant for use by lowly peasants who like the 3-pointed star on the hood of their car, but cannot quite afford the real deal.

Boy was I wrong with that assumption. Thanks for this informative post, Denn. I learned some new facts about the Golden Age, today. The only thing I dislike about the above pictured vehicle is that monstrous barbecue grill attached to the trunk. Other than that, she is a work of beauty.

Definitely 202 Horses under the hood of such a small vehicle would translate into some major takeoff power, without question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by landlordkonekt(m): 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
guys i have something to show my 1980 benz flat boot, running on 1985 flat engines. whats your take on it, may want to sell, no boby work since it was produced till date
Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by landlordkonekt(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
guys i have something to show benz 1979/80 still running on flat engine and well maintaind no body work since production till date thats 36 years old now, powerfull and still a gladiator on the our nigerian roads today. interested can call me 08085858279. it has to be an outstanding buy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Jakumo(m): 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hello Landlord and thanks for your contribution. The model in your picture is of slightly earlier production vintage, than the ones to which I have dedicated this thread, namely some select models of V8-powereded Mercedes cars that were manufactured betweeen the years of 1985 and 1999.

None the less, your 1980 Mercedes saloon is a very dependable workhorse that is still used all over the world as a taxi, and also as a personal daily-driver car by those who know the true value of that car. Another hidden benefit of driving an old-looking car is that there is no need to lock it up when parking it away from home, since car thieves generally prefer to target newer looking cars. Properly maintained, an older Mercedes can run for well over a half million miles reliably, which is WAY more than ANY new vehicle can attain, no matter how carefully it is maintained.

Remember, if anyone ctiticizes your old "Babalawo Benz", just thank them for their concern, and proceed to quietly enjoy one of Germany's most universally loved exports, the 1980's and '90's Mercedes automobile.

Strolling down memory lane once more, this lineup will never be complete until the W126 sedan range is represented in pictures. Manufactured between 1982 and 1994, in one of Mercedes longest production runs ever, this dignified presidential limo of a car continues to be known among mechanics in Nigeria as the "Shagari Benz", in honor of the Nigerian president in office at the time this car was the vehicle of choice for numerous heads of state.

That golden era's "S" Class top-of-the-line W126 sedan is also known in Nigeria as the "Concorde Benz", and holds dubious membership in the family of 1980's Mercedes cars collectively categorized in Nigeria as "Babalawo's Cars", perhaps due to their widespread use among discerning practitioners of the spiritual sciences. These beautiful automobiles, like most other sedans of the era, are definitely most compatible with their optional M117 V8 engines, since they weigh too much for spirited, safe operation under the power of mere six-cylinder engines that were fitted in many examples of the vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
landlordkonekt:
guys i have something to show benz 1979/80 still running on flat engine and well maintaind no body work since production till date thats 36 years old now, powerfull and still a gladiator on the our nigerian roads today. interested can call me 08085858279. it has to be an outstanding buy.
This is truly ancient of days cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
Uboma you fvcktard, come and see your beloved bimmers cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jakumo:
Yes sir indeed, to Mercedes purists world wide, that 14-year stretch of time between 1985 and 1999 is known as Mercedces' Golden Age. The reason is simple. By 1985, automotive engineering materials and technology had been perfected by Mercedes engineering teams, who were essentially given carte blanche to design road machines to the highest standards of precision, safety, performance and reliability that were humanly possible at the time.

By 1999, however, the Mercedes corporation had been sold to Daimler Crysler, whose primary focus was cost-cutting and churning out cars with overly complex electronics and computer systems, on mass production assembly lines. Thus, Mercedes cars that were once designed by engineering teams with formidable technical skills, were, post 1999, cobbled together under the bumbling direction of accountants, whose primary objective was to save money and mass produce fodder to cater to that lucrative segment of the car buying public blessed with more money than common sense.

The result was disastrous on many fronts, but, rather than dwell on the decline and dumbing down of the once glorious Mercedes brand name, this thread is all about celebrating the time-tested mechanical masterpieces crafted by true engineers at the Mercedes Research and Development facilities, between those historic years of 1985 to 1999.

Without further ado, let us start this parade of road monsters with the venerable W126 production line, namely the S Class flagship of the genre, the always mighty 500/560 SEC.

An excellent write up, I like the cut of your jib.

A refreshing departure from the one sentence toads that inhabit this section.

While I've owned many specimens from your favorite era, I'm much happier serving as conservators for the tail finned Mercedes and models up till 1969 which many believe are the last great Mercedes.

Thanks again for a refreshing read.
Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
That black concorde benz still has that killer looks. That's what I call a perfectly sculptured piece of engineering work.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Jakumo(m): 7:01am On Nov 01, 2015
EgunMogaji:

An excellent write up, I like the cut of your jib.

A refreshing departure from the one sentence toads that inhabit this section.

While I've owned many specimens from your favorite era, I'm much happier serving as conservators for the tail finned Mercedes and models up till 1969 which many believe are the last great Mercedes.

Thanks again for a refreshing read.

Thanks for stopping by EgunMogaji. Tail finned Mercedes truly do hark back to the dawn of time, so my hat is off to you for your expressed appreciation for machines that date so far back, assuming of course that you are not kidding with your claim to appreciate those true antiques.

I guess for me, the automotive art must be functional, and capable of being used as a daily driver, as opposed to being relegated to the status of a stationary exhibit in the genre of many among the fleet housed in Jay Leno's collection, for instance.

Another reason I find those 1980s to 1990s Mercedes road machines so attractive is that many of them were horrendously expensive back when they were new, yet can be bought today for a tiny fraction of the price they commanded back in the day. Looking at my bank balance, I can attest with absolute certainty that I will NEVER be able to afford a brand new, top-of-the-line high-peformance Merc, and yet, with a very modest investment in a well used Mercedes, I too can enjoy the raw, stampeding horsepower and precision handling upon which Mercedes built its sterling reputation, even on my modest palm wine tapper's income.

Take for example the R129 roadster such as the missile-shaped SL500 in my pictures above. That amazing speed demon cost between 90 and 100 thousand US dollars brand new, depending on options, yet, working examples from the 1990's in reasonable condition, that only require a modest outlay for repairs, can be picked up by mere mortals such as myself for as little as TEN thousand dollars or LESS, depending on how much refurbishment is needed to restore the car to its original power and glory.

Internet forums are an absolute Godsend for connoisseurs of old Mercs like me, for it is there I assimilate all the specific detail about which preemptive fixes one needs to perform on each make and model of used car, to reawaken the slumbering power and automotive majesty that awaits the patient new owner.

A decades-old Mercedes M117 V8 engine, for example, will self-destruct spectacularly, and in short order, if one attempts to put it to use without FIRST replacing both the timing chain and the upper chain guides. With those fixes performed, that engine will power 100 mph highway cruising for hours on end, year in year out, without the slightest complaint. The newer Mercedes M119 V8 engine, on the other hand, will run just fine on its original timing chain, PROVIDED that the chain guides are replaced right away, after one acquires any Mercedes powered by that rocket motor.

I could ramble on forever on these old Mercs, and maybe one day I will be compelled to establish a formal Church of Mercedes V8 Cars, where I will take to the pulpit and stab the air with my index finger, to punctuate long, tedious dissertations about the beauty of untamed horsepower, before spellbound paying audiences of punters.

@Dumo1 I agree with your sentiments about the black Mercedes W126 limo. It reeks of power and serious performance, and with those tinted windows, it reminds you a movie getaway car. You almost expect anyone who steps out of a car like that to be packing heat ha ha.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by kingreign(m): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2015
landlordkonekt:

You see as you just come spoil this fine thread? angry
Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Jakumo(m): 7:39am On Nov 01, 2015
kingreign:

You see as you just come spoil this fine thread? angry

Haba King, make you leave my Mercedes brother now. Seriously though, his testimony about the unusually long-term, trouble-free lifespan that careful owners can get out of old Mercedes cars, is indeed relevant to this topic. Besides, one must be cautious when speaking about old Mercedes owners, because very many of them are postgraduate degree-holding Babalawos, Shamans, Marabouts and Voodoo afficionados like me ha ha.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by kingreign(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2015
Jakumo:

Haba King, make you leave my Mercedes brother now. Seriously his testimony about the unusually long-term, trouble-free lifespan that careful owners can get out of old Mercedes cars, is very relevant to this topic. Besides, one must be cautious when speaking about old Mercedes owners, because very many of them are postgraduate degree-holding Babalawos, Shamans, Marabouts and Voodoo afficionados like me ha ha.
Hehehe I like the pictures you posted but the picture he posted was typically African and out of place...
Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by chukel(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2015
Mercedes, the all time king of the road. Seeing these pics brings nostalgia. That black 500SEL still resonates through my mind. Always enjoyed entering it as a child but never had the opportunity to drive it till it was sold. Would have loved to own the E500/500E, but the cost no be here. In the nearest future I will pi.mp my family 300E close to that.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Qualer: 8:40am On Nov 01, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

lol! i love me a female with a warped sense of humor!! cool

you go girl, are you a car lover?? that would be a nice plus+++!!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 01, 2015
Jakumo:

Thanks for stopping by EgunMogaji. Tail finned Mercedes truly do hark back to the dawn of time, so my hat is off to you for your expressed appreciation for machines that date so far back, assuming of course that you are not kidding with your claim to appreciate those true antiques.

I guess for me, the automotive art must be functional, and capable of being used as a daily driver, as opposed to being relegated to the status of a stationary exhibit in the genre of many among the fleet housed in Jay Leno's collection, for instance.

Another reason I find those 1980s to 1990s Mercedes road machines so attractive is that many of them were horrendously expensive back when they were new, yet can be bought today for a tiny fraction of the price they commanded back in the day. Looking at my bank balance, I can attest with absolute certainty that I will NEVER be able to afford a brand new, top-of-the-line high-peformance Merc, and yet, with a very modest investment in a well used Mercedes, I too can enjoy the raw, stampeding horsepower and precision handling upon which Mercedes built its sterling reputation, even on my modest palm wine tapper's income.

Take for example the R129 roadster such as the missile-shaped SL500 in my pictures above. That amazing speed demon cost between 90 and 100 thousand US dollars brand new, depending on options, yet, working examples from the 1990's in reasonable condition, that only require a modest outlay for repairs, can be picked up by mere mortals such as myself for as little as TEN thousand dollars or LESS, depending on how much refurbishment is needed to restore the car to its original power and glory.

Internet forums are an absolute Godsend for connoisseurs of old Mercs like me, for it is there I assimilate all the specific detail about which preemptive fixes one needs to perform on each make and model of used car, to reawaken the slumbering power and automotive majesty that awaits the patient new owner.

A decades-old Mercedes M117 V8 engine, for example, will self-destruct spectacularly, and in short order, if one attempts to put it to use without FIRST replacing both the timing chain and the upper chain guides. With those fixes performed, that engine will power 100 mph highway cruising for hours on end, year in year out, without the slightest complaint. The newer Mercedes M119 V8 engine, on the other hand, will run just fine on its original timing chain, PROVIDED that the chain guides are replaced right away, after one acquires any Mercedes powered by that rocket motor.

I could ramble on forever on these old Mercs, and maybe one day I will be compelled to establish a formal Church of Mercedes V8 Cars, where I will take to the pulpit and stab the air with my index finger, to punctuate long, tedious dissertations about the beauty of untamed horsepower, before spellbound paying audiences of punters.

@Dumo1 I agree with your sentiments about the black Mercedes W126 limo. It reeks of power and serious performance, and with those tinted windows, it reminds you a movie getaway car. You almost expect anyone who steps out of a car like that to be packing heat ha ha.
I would love to see you establish your church of mercedes V8 cars. definitely you will have loyal followers like me.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by uboma(m): 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

Uboma and I have a history so he knows why I'm calling him a cretinous fvcktard, a la Sagamite grin

Yes dear, I'm a car lover! The classics, not the jellos they're churning out these days wink

You go on and keep cursing...

You still have to serve out your ban term.
Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by uboma(m): 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

these are not Bimmers but Mercedes Benz....

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
Jakumo:

My circle of friends are from the "drive them, don't store them" school of thought. All my cars, "HeckFlosse" and all are dailies. I operate my car buying experience via a bucket list of must own vehicles. I've been able to check off a lot of "unattainable when new" vehicles in the used car market. In fact the only three Mercedes that I have left on Mercedes are the 280SE with the 4.5 liter engine and a Pullman. The Pullman will be a tall order but will surely be captured when I retire and have retirement money.

I was well on my way to replicate this first AMG car but my candidate was a perfectly preserved car and I sold it before I completed it. I just couldn't bear to molest a clean specimen as that.

So as you can see my automotive dabbling are a bit off the beaten path grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
uboma:

these are not Bimmers but Mercedes Benz....

And they have never changed their logos from inception if history serves me right grin

uboma:

You go on and keep cursing...

You still have to serve out your ban term.

A gentlemanly answer as usual, thanks Brother.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Jakumo(m): 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
EgunMogaji:

My circle of friends are from the "drive them, don't store them" school of thought. All my cars, "HeckFlosse" and all are dailies. I operate my car buying experience via a bucket list of must own vehicles. I've been able to check off a lot of "unattainable when new" vehicles in the used car market. In fact the only three Mercedes that I have left on Mercedes are the 280SE with the 4.5 liter engine and a Pullman. The Pullman will be a tall order but will surely be captured when I retire and have retirement money.

I was well on my way to replicate this first AMG car but my candidate was a perfectly preserved car and I sold it before I completed it. I just couldn't bear to molest a clean specimen as that.

So as you can see my automotive dabbling are a bit off the beaten path grin

Holy Toledo ! I smell BIG, BIG money up in here. Egun Mogaji no dey take this matter play at all o. I am clearly in the presence of a BIG masquerade, with access to the sort of mucho deniros that grows wiry whiskers just sitting in the bank vault.

On a serious note, one does have to be MEGA rich to be able to afford any of those early Merc limos in your picture montage here. My jaw dropped and I got light headed when I read reports about a 1972 Merc Pullman limo that auctioned for 450 thousand UK pounds sterling a few months back, despite that non-running vehicle being in really poor shape, with the interior in tatters. Since that moment of revelation, I have been on the lookout for anything similar whenenver my roaming lands me in Nigeria, in the hopes of buying it cheap from an unsuspecting owner, and then shipping it out to sell via Sotheby's, but so far the only one I spotted is NOT for sale, since the owners most likely know what it is worth.

This vintage of car is a mite too early for my liking as a personal use vehicle, but were I to discover one of these venerable old limos gathering dust somewhere in a forgotten corner of Africa, I would gladly sell off my mother-in-law for medical research, to raise the money needed to acquire, ship and re-sell such a specimen to collectors, hopefully making out like a bandit in the process.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
Jakumo:

Holy Toledo ! I smell BIG, BIG money up in here. Egun Mogaji no dey take this matter play at all o. I am clearly in the presence of a BIG masquerade, with access to the sort of mucho deniros that grows wiry whiskers just sitting in the bank vault.

On a serious note, one does have to be MEGA rich to be able to afford any of those early Merc limos in your picture montage here. My jaw dropped and I got light headed when I read reports about a 1972 Merc Pullman limo that auctioned for 450 thousand UK pounds sterling a few months back, despite that non-running vehicle being in really poor shape, with the interior in tatters. Since that moment of revelation, I have been on the lookout for anything similar whenenver my roaming lands me in Nigeria, in the hopes of buying it cheap from an unsuspecting owner, and then shipping it out to sell via Sotheby's, but so far the only one I spotted is NOT for sale, since the owners most likely know what it is worth.

This vintage of car is a mite too early for my liking as a personal use vehicle, but were I to discover one of these venerable old limos gathering dust somewhere in a forgotten corner of Africa, I would gladly sell off my mother-in-law for medical research, to raise the money needed to acquire, ship and re-sell such a specimen to collectors, hopefully making out like a bandit in the process.

It'll be a hard find to capture a Pullman in Nigeria because "Aiye Ti Laju" grin

In fact I found a few classic Harleys and Indian Chiefs in Nigeria and once I started trying to talk business with the old Man who owns them and he started mentioning eBay I knew right away there was no deal here to be struck and I wasn't disappointed grin The sad thing is that the bikes are still there 3 year later even more worse for the wear. But I found a GWagen that I will try to negotiate on though.

Another great car, not sure if you have mentioned it are the C36 and C43 of the 90's. A 1999 is still on my list in either Silver or Black. Their lowly junior Brother C230 with a Kompressor is not bad, I'v checked that off, but there's "no replacement for displacement" grin V8 > I4 or even V6 as it were.

Everytime it rains and I activate the wipers, I smile like a little boy at the wipers dance. That monoblade wiper what the Cats Meow when it was released. And no other road going car from any other manufacturer has ever used a monoblade since then. It is only found in F1 cars.

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by JuanDeDios: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Jakumo:

Hahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 by Jakumo(m): 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

It'll be a hard find to capture a Pullman in Nigeria because "Aiye Ti Laju" grin

In fact I found a few classic Harleys and Indian Chiefs in Nigeria and once I started trying to talk business with the old Man who owns them and he started mentioning eBay I knew right away there was no deal here to be struck and I wasn't disappointed grin The sad thing is that the bikes are still there 3 year later even more worse for the wear. But I found a GWagen that I will try to negotiate on though.

Another great car, not sure if you have mentioned it are the C36 and C43 of the 90's. A 1999 is still on my list in either Silver or Black. Their lowly junior Brother C230 with a Kompressor is not bad, I'v checked that off, but there's "no replacement for displacement" grin V8 > I4 or even V6 as it were.

Everytime it rains and I activate the wipers, I smile like a little boy at the wipers dance. That monoblade wiper what the Cats Meow when it was released. And no other road going car from any other manufacturer has ever used a monoblade since then. It is only found in F1 cars.

That is a sharp looking C Class Benz for sure, Egun Agba. Looking at Nigerian car sales websites, the C Class has for quite a few years dominated most other Benz sedan categories in terms of numbers of vehicles advertized, so it is safe to assume that this branch of the Mercedes family tree has been proven on Nigeria's moon-scape highways, and thus gained a reputation as a reliable road warrior.

Not being familiar with the C Class, I did a bit of online research, and it has remained a favourite over the years, right up until the present.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Of The Most Expensive Limousines In The World / The Confessions Of A Crooked Car Dealer. / Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.