Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

How To Increase VLC Player Volume To 200% Or 300% - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Increase VLC Player Volume To 200% Or 300% (3870 Views)

How To Search And Add Subtitles To Movies In VLC Player / How To Extract Audio File From Video File Using VLC Media Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Increase VLC Player Volume To 200% Or 300% by cybercheatex(m): 7:37am On Oct 31, 2015

One of the things I loved about VLC player before version 2.1.1 was the ability to raise the volume up to 200%. Watching a movie in a noisy room without a headset can be frustrating, but with VLC player volume raised way above the normal level, the loudness makes it easier. For reasons best known Video LAN Organization, they decided to remove this feature and dropped the maximum volume to 125% right from version 2.1.1.

A lot of people missed this feature and some even went as far as deciding to stick with the older version of the player. There is a trick to make the player volume work like it used to and I was able to raise the volume to 200%, I even took it a step further and cranked it up to 300%.
It’s quite easy and you need to do this within VLC preferences.

Disclaimer: Please note that I’m not responsible if something goes wrong with your speakers. There’s a reason this setting is hidden. There are cases where VLC damaged speakers.

1. Launch VLC Player and go toTools>Preferences

2. UnderShow Settings, select theAllradio button.

3. On the left panel, locate and expandMain Interfaces, then selectQt.

4. On the right panel, scroll down to the bottom and change the maximum volume displayed.

You can change the value to whatever you like but the maximum volume is 300%. Save your changes and restart the player.

More Tutorials? I'll post them soon. Follow me or check the source, [url=wapblog.net]www.wapblog.net/cat/pc-tutorials.html[/url]
Re: How To Increase VLC Player Volume To 200% Or 300% by Aieboocaar(m): 7:44am On Oct 31, 2015
ok
Re: How To Increase VLC Player Volume To 200% Or 300% by mebad(m): 8:13am On Oct 31, 2015
You can as well hold the ctrl+up which takes Ur volume to 400
Re: How To Increase VLC Player Volume To 200% Or 300% by femi4: 8:14am On Oct 31, 2015
Blow your speaker at your own risk
Re: How To Increase VLC Player Volume To 200% Or 300% by cybercheatex(m): 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
mebad:
You can as well hold the ctrl+up which takes Ur volume to 400

Thanks for that, #noted
Re: How To Increase VLC Player Volume To 200% Or 300% by cybercheatex(m): 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
femi4:
Blow your speaker at your own risk
Yeah, like i did mine. Now am stocked with earpieces

(1) (Reply)

US USED HP PAVILLON CORE i5 LAPTOP -- 7TH-Sold GEN / SOLD SOLD... FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.. Brand New Hp Laptop For Give Away Price / Leaving Laptop Plugged All The Time. How Good Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.