Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Info On Effective Rat Killer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Info On Effective Rat Killer (21395 Views)

Rat Removed From A Patient’s Belly In Abia State (graphic Photo) / On Effective Teeth Whitener / Hints On Effective Quail Egg Therapy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Info On Effective Rat Killer by Thethy(m): 10:14pm On May 08, 2009
Please,anybody with useful info on effective rat killer at home?
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by piplord1(m): 11:24pm On May 08, 2009
Use otapiapia grin its sold everywhere or use rat boards they are more effective grin
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by edogram(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2009
Africa with house rat self… grin

Is the rat dragging your home with you? grin

Just indosee capsule kill effectively Get the indose capsules from any chemist
( the cheapest and fasts) but the dead rat will smell in the next 2-3days that is the disadvantage.  undecided

1 Like

Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by Seun(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2009
There's one that really works for mice. They call it "so le" in Yoruba (throw it down).
It kills them instantly but if the rats don't eat it in a short time it becomes ineffective.

Just indocid capsule kill effectively Get the indose capsules from any chemist
( the cheapest and fasts) but the dead rat will smell in the next 2-3days that is the disadvantage.
How do you prepare indocid tablets to kill rats?
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by bigboyslim(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2009
edogram:

Africa with house rat self… grin

Is the rat dragging your home with you? grin

Just indosee capsule kill effectively Get the indose capsules from any chemist  
( the cheapest and fasts) but the dead rat will smell in the next 2-3days that is the disadvantage.  undecided

yea. i support this poster. Them no born that rat, even if the rat na overseas rat.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by ow11(m): 11:28am On May 09, 2009
Seun:

How do you prepare indocid tablets to kill rats?

Pour half of the contents of the capsule on any dry food like garri or dried fish and place the poisoned dish at corners at night before retiring to bed. This should be removed in the morning as it would prevent the rats from noticing the smell and avoiding that meal.

The downside to this method is the smell from a decaying mouse carcass.

Another means to eliminate rats is using that petroleum based gum that never dries out. Put some on strips of cardboard boxes and place in strategic transit paths of the vermins at nights and take them out at the break of dawn. This ensures the rats do not change their routes to avoid the traps.

People should learn to de-clutter  their homes and dispose of things they don't need. Household pests thrive in chaos and places with lots of food crumbs.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by edogram(m): 11:39am On May 09, 2009
Hi Seun

Just rob indocid capsule in fish, bread, any sensitive food to rat.

And place them at the conner where the rat can easily see them,

Within 3days you will notice a smell of rats all over your home,

You can do general check up and cleaning at your home to Fitch out all the dead rat.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by Fhad: 11:48am On May 09, 2009
Don't woory ur self, the only solution without any side effect is Biological method.
I mean buy a cat and keep it in yuor house.
THen no born them well !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by edogram(m): 11:51am On May 09, 2009
Hi Fhad

not every body like cat.

As for me I hate cat.

I don’t take a second look when I see one.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by r231(m): 11:54am On May 09, 2009
Another means to eliminate rats is using that petroleum based gum that never dries out. Put some on strips of cardboard boxes and place in strategic transit paths of the vermins at nights and take them out at the break of dawn. This ensures the rats do not change their routes to avoid the traps.

the gum thing works but the mouse well d ones in ma hse are too smart for dat thing, at least i have caught about 7-8 but now d rest knws dat the thing is a trap so they just walk past the thing and i kept changing directions even buy more but one way or other they find another route.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by r231(m): 11:57am On May 09, 2009
edogram:

Hi Fhad

not every body like cat.

As for me I hate cat.

I don’t take a second look when I see one.

UK cat no dey eat mouse jare, ma nxt door neighbour cat dey run for the little mouse
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by edogram(m): 12:06pm On May 09, 2009
In India you hardly see mouse, because cat is every where.

All kind of cat you just names it. If fact there is one big head cat that stay the next floor of where I leave the face of the cat scared me a lot.

I have never see a big cat with the biggest face in my life before.

The cat is just like a big dog
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by Pedekunle(m): 12:50pm On May 09, 2009
Hee yaa! Soorriii !!!
LOL !
Bross, u know what? Don't worry much, try use a "Gun" or better still a "BOMB"
Shut them!
or
Bomb them !!!
OK?
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by wales(m): 1:03pm On May 09, 2009
All you need do is kill them all or better still you buy a CAT to help you out. grin grin grin
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by LilianEve: 1:31pm On May 09, 2009
Use Otapiapia
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by richking: 1:50pm On May 09, 2009
i will advise base on experience to buy a cat at home and make sure you don't over pamper the cat, the rats only need to hear its voice and when they do they will run and you can also use ratkiller either the made with speedy biscuit(tell nobody i said so it individual discovery) or the one made with dry fish or indocied good luck
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by init4dmoni(m): 1:54pm On May 09, 2009
i heard urinating on them kills them instantly
ps. i also heard barrack obama is the president on nigeria
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by edogram(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2009
init4dmoni and Pedekunle,

if u guys dont have anything important to say. why not just waka pass.

1 Like

Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by PurestBoy(m): 2:20pm On May 09, 2009
init4dmoni:

i heard urinating on them kills them instantly
ps. i also heard barrack obama is the president on nigeria

Why are u trying to attract unnecessary attention to yourself? Do you think we're kids here?
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by dominique(f): 2:43pm On May 09, 2009
there was this one i used when i had rat palava while i was in Benue. they called it "biscuit". it's like black stones and looks like biscuit when it is broken and it was more effective than so le, indocid and otapiapia combined and it was real cheap too. i've not seen it since i returned to Lagos.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 09, 2009
wales:

All you need do is kill them all or better still you buy a CAT to help you out. grin grin grin

You are all so wrong. I believe the poster is talking about Nigerian Rats here and not mice. Have you seen the size of those fookers.
Cats used to run from those rats men. As far as i remember, Cats used to eat fish and used to stay away from the rats men.

The best solution is to keep a tidy home. Most Nigerian homes are dirty. Don't leave food all over the place. Ensure you don't put anything underneath your beds, wardrobes and all. If you have empty spaces scattered all over the house, the rats will move on to the next (dirty) house.
Clear up your house, get rid of unnecessary junk, kill all the rats and their babies and make sure you have open spaces all over your house. You will be rat free.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 09, 2009
A-town:

You are all so wrong. I believe the poster is talking about Nigerian Rats here and not mice. Have you seen the size of those fookers.
Cats used to run from those rats men. As far as i remember, Cats used to eat fish and used to stay away from the rats men.

The best solution is to keep a tidy home. Most Nigerian homes are dirty. Don't leave food all over the place. Ensure you don't put anything underneath your beds, wardrobes and all. If you have empty spaces scattered all over the house, the rats will move on to the next (dirty) house.
Clear up your house, get rid of unnecessary junk, kill all the rats and their babies and make sure you have open spaces all over your house. You will be rat free.

Good one! But what about chinchi (bed bug) and roaches? Good thing is Otapiapia kills them all,spiders, mosquitos and crickets will be dancing thinking they were excluded. Death dance! It amazes me and I love getting rid of them.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by dominique(f): 5:19pm On May 09, 2009
@A-town
i disagree wive u on the tidy house stuff. yeah its good to keep the house clean but that wont keep those pest out of the house, as long as they detect food, they'll jump right in tongue. in the place i stayed, the rats ate the kitchen net to get into the room. then i decided to keep the windows shut permanently. they found another entrance through cracks on the wall and (believe it or not) ate through the plastic bucket where i normally keep my grains. rats and mice are the most resilient pests and there is little you can do to prevent infestations.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by d1maff: 5:23pm On May 09, 2009
catch and fry the rats.makes a wonderful soup when fried.method of catching=rat board(gum board).
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by wanville(m): 9:54pm On May 09, 2009
;d
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by 4Play(m): 10:00pm On May 09, 2009
ferdiii:

Good one! But what about chinchi (bed bug) and roaches? Good thing is Otapiapia kills them all,spiders, mosquitos and crickets will be dancing thinking they were excluded. Death dance! It amazes me and I love getting rid of them.

Dancing and thinking spiders,mosquitoes and crickets. Does this happen after smoking weed?
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by temi900(m): 12:32am On May 10, 2009
Use Bazookas to blow them into outer space. It worked for me.

1 Like

Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by nomoless: 1:12am On May 10, 2009
ferdii is right about the clean environment, but you have to make sure you don't leave any food crumbs about. Another important thing is to make sure they don't make your home their home, in which case, food or no food they will always be around.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by tpiah: 1:32am On May 10, 2009
If all else fails, get a cat.

In India, the oyibos used to keep mongooses to help them control the snakes.

Its important to have a tidy home, but sometimes that doesnt keep the rats out. Those things can be very determined. There are places in Nigeria where the rats are almost as big as small cats. Some of them dont even fear humans again.

I'll never forget the time I saw a kangaroo rat- the thing was jumping exactly like a kangaroo. My friends and I used to scream and jump on the bed whenever this hopping masquerade rat made an appearance. I think say na only Australia leaping mammals dey live!

having lots of open spaces also helps reduce them, I think. Rats like clutter.

1 Like

Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by kayc33(m): 2:50am On May 10, 2009
shoot them at sight
its the best effective way to get rid of 'em all! grin
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by minute(f): 2:55am On May 10, 2009
Rat poison( ju le lasan.lol) . . .they eat it and die.

The poison I think has drying agents in it,to mummify the rat

so it doesnt decompose and smell.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by sosisi(f): 4:46am On May 10, 2009
Some people use non poisonous snakes.
Get a bunch of green grass snakes and set them lose in your house
all your rats will be eaten

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment / Los Angeles Police Officers Help Woman Deliver Baby At Gas Station (video) / Is Oatmeal Fattening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.