Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Info On Effective Rat Killer - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Info On Effective Rat Killer (21398 Views)

Rat Removed From A Patient’s Belly In Abia State (graphic Photo) / On Effective Teeth Whitener / Hints On Effective Quail Egg Therapy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by sosisi(f): 4:49am On May 10, 2009
But why do you want to get rid of the rats
They are warm blooded mammals just like you
They are just surviving like everyone else
why kill them?
would you want someone stronger than you to kill you?
They have feelings you know and kids who depend on them for survival grin
They even have natural permed hair  grin
please leave them alone,they are God's creation
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by Nobody: 7:01am On May 10, 2009
With a pot of hot boiling water and spices.
Good protein for you there. wink
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by atunbi1(m): 8:15am On May 10, 2009
Snake in the house ke? Just to kill rats? First try block where dem dey come from o. or else you get rid of some and yep they are back again. If you can afford it get fumigator those rentokill people. Good luck
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by DoubleN(m): 8:28am On May 10, 2009
There is this one that is sold in Traffic Jams in Lagos,it is call ATOMIC BOMB RAT KILLER.No jokes it actually works.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by MrCrackles(m): 8:51am On May 10, 2009
Double N:

There is this one that is sold in Traffic Jams in Lagos,it is call ATOMIC BOMB RAT KILLER.No jokes it actually works.

Bomb because of rats? shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by LadyT(f): 11:30am On May 10, 2009
Snakes haba osisi!

If you use poison please be careful if you have young children in the house so they dont eat it as well please for Gods sake.  If you have a food store they will most likely be in there.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by khanye(m): 12:22pm On May 10, 2009
get big cats
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by Fhad: 12:53pm On May 10, 2009
Pls , the most effective ways is to by cat and keep in the house
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by Honeyboy09(m): 1:30pm On May 10, 2009
Some people buy Cat as a pet and when it's in the House , Rat no dey Fear , if you are not scared of Cats then get yourself one , It will reallly help scare rats away ,
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by timmy7(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2009
Naija rats are very intelligent o, even they can detect smell of 'sole lasan' and relocate temporarily,these rats even ate my underfeet on many occasion even though i dont sleep heavily and my research then shows that they blow air on my feet to make me go deep in my sleep and i just woke up felling sharp pains under my feet. grin
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by edogram(m): 2:07pm On May 10, 2009
Rat are common with African home?
Due to the environment and a lot of dirty load in the house,
Africa don’t get ride of unused things is the house?

Something you don’t use shouldn’t be keeping within the environment.

Take a look when you have alot of load under your bed and all over the Conner of your home, all this things do attract home pest. Your home need to be clean and load free, put a big canfor ball inside your callboard, walldrops, toilet under your bed, chair and on the floor,

bed bugs are normally found in dirty bed or dirty house.

If your house is clean when bed bugs mosquito cockroach enter they will run away or die.

If you have a clean home, I bet you have pest free.

Check your dictionary for home pest like bed bugs. dictionary describe this that you can find it in dirty environment
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by lonelygem(m): 5:41pm On May 10, 2009
the ones in my house are so sensitive that they don't eat poison. I'd tryed all sort of but they just wouldn't comply. whenever I throw stuffs like "soole lasan" or "Otapiapia" I wouldn't see them come around. it got to a stage that they packed out of the house wihout my notice only to observe that they somehow come in when they have something to consume in the house and leave before dawn. they practically leave else where but feed in my apartment. and I think all these rat killers has their respective side effects especially to asthgma patient and many people react to smells of chemicals, just like me, I react so much to this indomie seasoning powder and when I talk to my doctor about it, he made it clare to me that those things are normal as everybody has one thing or the other he or she reacts to. I would appreciate a better way of controling rat in the house without a side effect.
I appreciate you all,
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by wycleaftic: 12:09am On May 11, 2009
these are demons from hell. the only solution is to shoot them down wita a gun lika hunter to an antelope. Hope this works for u. cos it worked for me
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by tpiah: 12:12am On May 11, 2009
timmy7:

Naija rats are very intelligent o, even they can detect smell of 'sole lasan' and relocate temporarily,these rats even ate my underfeet on many occasion even though i dont sleep heavily and my research then shows that they blow air on my feet to make me go deep in my sleep and i just woke up felling sharp pains under my feet. grin

you got this from a book! cheesy
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by timmy7(m): 9:02am On May 11, 2009
From a book? Nah. My personal experience i know 1 or 2 people can second it. lipsrsealed
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by kshow1(m): 10:26am On May 11, 2009
@ poster: After killing the rats in whatever way you use,here is a simple way to get rid of rats in your home.
1. wash all used plates & pots immediatelly after use.
2. your bin should be kept outside the house.
3. give out or throw away all the things you do not need again in your home (do not turn your home into a museum)
4. do not puts thing under the beds.
5. your foodstuffs should be stored in containers.
6. try as much as posible not to create an hiding place for rats in your home.

cheers.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by gReenmAn(m): 11:00am On May 11, 2009
I'll never forget the time I saw a kangaroo rat- the thing was jumping exactly like a kangaroo. My friends and I used to scream and jump on the bed whenever this hopping masquerade rat made an appearance. I think say na only Australia leaping mammals dey live!

Jumping rats shocked
What the heck!!! That must be scary, and I am not usually easily scared.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by coolguyz(m): 12:01pm On May 11, 2009
na ''pakute'' be the best option. put small torso suya meat, the rest an history!

by the way, pakute na the strong, reliable, dependable rat trap grin grin grin
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by bsanya(f): 12:09pm On May 11, 2009
use killer of rats and makesure u dnt always open the door of ur houseso that those rats wont turn ur house to their abode
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by tpiah: 2:34pm On May 11, 2009
gReenmAn:

Jumping rats shocked
What the heck!!! That must be scary, and I am not usually easily scared.

If I hadnt seen this kangaroo rat with my own two eyes, I wouldnt have believed such a thing could be found outside of Australia.

I don see all kind thing for naija!

Snake nko? Two giant pythons in one village like that. I've only seen bigger snakes in museums, safely embalmed.

Scorpions too. Giant black scorpions longer than my hand, in some other villages.

Like being in Jurassic Park  shocked shocked
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by feela(m): 2:48pm On May 11, 2009
Rat Zapper, the little device that electrocutes rats. The best stuff yet.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by tpiah: 2:59pm On May 11, 2009
timmy7:

From a book? Nah. My personal experience i know 1 or 2 people can second it. lipsrsealed

really?

I read about it in a book by one Nigerian author- cant remember the title.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by timmy7(m): 3:09pm On May 11, 2009
Mhen! Those rats are something else. Who knows i might be the author of that book sha, :-D
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by tpiah: 3:32pm On May 11, 2009
timmy7:

Mhen! Those rats are something else. Who knows i might be the author of that book sha, :-D

you wish grin
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by pek(m): 4:59pm On May 11, 2009
i know this might sound funny but some rats are human beings in disguise.
i had this rat in my house that would eat only paper therby destroying my valuable and money.all efforts to kill it proved abortive until i invited prayer warriors from the church.i never heard from it again.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by kuchi85(f): 7:51pm On May 11, 2009
Nawa ooooo ratz sha!!! man try use pretty ladies,they r effective rat killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by Elizza(f): 10:58pm On May 11, 2009
naija rats are smart nd they have 7 lives.
there was a time a rat escaped with a nice otapiapia spiced piece of meat from a trap.

as for trap--- u never see a rat wey run away with ur  trap. one month later u see ur trap beside ur door and a rat with a curved leg running around. shocked.They could even remove the bait & run 440undecided

as for cats--- u never watch tom and jerry? tongue

funny enough i love rats with their natural permed hair, but OAU rats pisses me off. all they do is to eat ur designer wears and shoes angry.

if u're tired of rats, follow kshow1's instructions.

1 Like

Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by jagwar: 1:47am On May 12, 2009
First of all u need to clarify if wat ur calling a rat is not a mouse. If the latter is the case, then most likely u have an infestation coz they multiply rapidly & endlessly.

Ur best bet is to get as many of the mouse glues or small mouse traps as possible, add bait (peanut butter or ground nut is irresistible) and place around the house.

If its a rat u should get a bigger rat trap (usually made from metal)

Stay away from the poison, u dont want the smell of a dead rat or mouse in ur house, trust me!!
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by jagwar: 1:53am On May 12, 2009
Elizza:

as for trap--- u never see a rat wey run away with ur trap.

grin this has to be those really large street rats. Any attempt to catch these ones will involve tieing ur rat trap to a heay object.
Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by jagwar: 2:13am On May 12, 2009
A good mouse trap. For mice only not rats pls

Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by Ijeebuka(m): 10:41am On May 12, 2009
There is one thing people don't know, if you start eating rats, they will escape from you, I know we have a lot of rats in this big country Nairaland, still people are eating without meat in their soup, please just to answer to you question, eat those rats, and you will never see an eaten one again.

Good appetite!

Re: Info On Effective Rat Killer by gReenmAn(m): 11:26am On May 12, 2009
Yuk embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment / Los Angeles Police Officers Help Woman Deliver Baby At Gas Station (video) / Is Oatmeal Fattening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.