Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job (3404 Views)

A Logistics Company Is Seeking For Workers / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application / A Mechanical Engineering Graduate Is Urgently Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by ambassadorgozie(m): 10:13am On Nov 01, 2015
karleone:

Do you know how I can start a foundation French lesson using my phone? Like get french lesson videos to assist me.

@Amicable09, kindly send me a PM so I get to see what it's like.

@OP, your desired job is on the way, just hope in God

There are some applications like babbel.com dat can really help you, just download one.

Watching french films is one of d easiest ways to learn french, go to internet nd download some.

Bonne chance
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by dtc2k(m): 10:37am On Nov 01, 2015
VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!
Computer Instructors, Public Relations Officers
Apply to:
Director of Operations,
Divine Touch Computer Training School,
3 Bella Close, Off Quarry Road,
Beside former Savannah Bank Building, Abeokuta. Ogun State.
Mobile: 08179409183, 08039408822
Email: divinetouch2k@gmail.com
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by amicable09(f): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
karleone:

Do you know how I can start a foundation French lesson using my phone? Like get french lesson videos to assist me.

@Amicable09, kindly send me a PM so I get to see what it's like.

@OP, your desired job is on the way, just hope in God

Honestly, the pm stuff is one thing I'm yet to understand myself, perhaps someone who is knowledgeable about it will need to help us out on that. I have a notification already about an email but I can't even open it, the only option I see is 'dismiss'.

For now I'll keep playing around the wall until I understand where the hidden message is.
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2015
amicable09:
Na serious matter be this o! Naija graduates take it easy na, you guys should stop acting like this. which one be display of certificates now... lol. English sef no gree me speak.

If we all begin to act this way na craze be that na. Please, I'm appealing to all job seekers to search and beg for jobs with dignity please.
My dear sister na frustration cos am...
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by amicable09(f): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
sisipelebe:
My dear sister na frustration cos am...

Well, true. Frustration is a bad thing and it is rather a personal thing, what frustrates A may not frustrate B. A friend of mine who just returned home last month from service is complaining as if he has spent 2 years already at home, meanwhile I have spent 3 months and I'm still sane...lol.

Others have spent a year and they have not acted weirdly yet. it's individual difference though.

2 Likes

Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by lovethchioma(f): 8:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
All of you saying it's a show of shame and too condescending for one to publicly beg for a job HERE. I bet u have never found your selves in that situation. You really have no idea what frustration can do.. The best you can do is to encourage since you have no help to OFFER. Rather speaking grammar HERE. Abeg who grammar don help?
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by amicable09(f): 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hahahaha... Chioma no para yet. My ish is with the display of passports and certificate including the dude's O'level result. I care less about how anyone decide to hunt for a job but for christsake do it well! No employer will recruit out of pity, let's not turn this thing into a pity party.

I believe if there is a naked mad woman on the street and she's not ashamed because she has obviously lost her mind, then I should be because I am a woman!

I don't know how frustrated anyone is and I don't go about with something to measure frustration but if it has not killed you then it should make you better. EVERYONE WILL GET A JOB SOME DAY, IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by Antiparticle(m): 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ifeanyi, I hope you get a job soon however you straight up plagiarized @Cleanman's post; this would infer to a potential employer that you are either a bad writer or uncreative or lazy. I mean no offense whatsoever, but it is these little things that determine whether a potential employer finds you employable (especially in the difficult job market that we have in Nigeria).

Also, I took a brief look at your CV. In your first sentence you have a glaring grammatical error. Further, the font in which your name is written is extremely distracting and unprofessional. Additionally, your CV is too generic and doesn't show why any potential employer should hire you. What skills make you unique? What proof do you have of said skill?

I would recommend that you rewrite it to present the best version of you. So far, your CV mostly contains biographical information that an employer (save for the ones looking for unskilled labour) may not find useful.

Go back and think deeply about what skills (e.g. creative writing ability, sales & marketing ability, analytical ability, graphics/arts/design ability, etc) you offer to your potential employer. Although you already listed a few of your skills in your CV, you need to make them more credible by using examples of work or personal projects that you did that showcased these skills. Also, you should quantify the impact of said skill(s) on same project. Finally, pare down the list of skills you included... several of the skills you listed (like "Generate ideas on a variety of problems" or "Goal Oriented, focus driven, innovative with high level of integrity", etc) are space wasters and superfluous. In the end, your CV should portray your skills in a convincing and glaring manner. Anything less than that will likely get your CV thrown in the dustbin.

Please consider this to be constructive criticism.
benedict99:
Good morning Nairalanders,
I am a graduate from university of ibadan ,studied philosophy.Since I completed my education, I have found it difficult to secure a job. Went for some interviews which eventually turned out to be one of those fake GNLD job offers.
I’ve tried my best both online and offline. I’ve even turned to a regular jobberman,NGcarreers,Myjobmag ,JiJI and other online recruitment blogs visitor all to no avail. I’ve applied on LinkedIn countless times too. Truth is I really don’t have anyone to help with the job seeking and I’ve knocked myself out on this search.
I’m appealing to well meaning Nigerians in different work parastatals that can help me by any means to secure a job.
Thank you.

Email: ifymag99@yahoo.com. phone no. +2348132988159
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by lovethchioma(f): 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
amicable09:
Hahahaha... Chioma no para yet. My ish is with the display of passports and certificate including the dude's O'level result. I care less about how anyone decide to hunt for a job but for christsake do it well! No employer will recruit out of pity, let's not turn this thing into a pity party.

I believe if there is a naked mad woman on the street and she's not ashamed because she has obviously lost her mind, then I should be because I am a woman!

I don't know how frustrated anyone is and I don't go about with something to measure frustration but if it has not killed you then it should make you better. EVERYONE WILL GET A JOB SOME DAY, IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!
Lol... Your points are valid.. Is just that I know how it feels, trust me. Have been there. May God help us all.
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by amicable09(f): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
lovethchioma:

Lol... Your points are valid.. Is just that I know how it feels, trust me. Have been there. May God help us all.

Amen!
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 02, 2015
God will surprise you all soon with a good job. While still on job search,you can earn money by reading news on http://newssymbol.com/p3027
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by Cleanman(m): 8:39am On Nov 02, 2015
benedict99:
Good morning Nairalanders,
I am a graduate from university of ibadan ,studied philosophy.Since I completed my education, I have found it difficult to secure a job. Went for some interviews which eventually turned out to be one of those fake GNLD job offers.
I’ve tried my best both online and offline. I’ve even turned to a regular jobberman,NGcarreers,Myjobmag ,JiJI and other online recruitment blogs visitor all to no avail. I’ve applied on LinkedIn countless times too. Truth is I really don’t have anyone to help with the job seeking and I’ve knocked myself out on this search.
I’m appealing to well meaning Nigerians in different work parastatals that can help me by any means to secure a job.
Thank you.
Email: ifymag99@yahoo.com. phone no. +2348132988159
You have succeeded in defacing my thread with the unprofessional attitude of yours.
How could you paste your life documents on a public forum.
Please kindly re-edit/modify your post. thank you.

And I'm appealing to everyone in here, Please don't judge me by the unprofessional display by benedict99 .
Maybe he's super desperate than I am. smiley
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by Cleanman(m): 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
amicable09:

Hahahaha, the trouble is nothing compared to this 'show' displayed here seriously... too condescending! But why? See how this Mr graduate put up his passport and credentials for the world to see and employ him grin

Where are all the nairaland recruiters and HR managers? They have serious work to do. I hide my face in shame jare
he shouldn't have done that.
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by amicable09(f): 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
Cleanman:

he shouldn't have done that.

He shouldn't, but something tells me benedict 99 is not the real owner of those credentials and passport. He may be punishing his enemy tongue, who knows? Because the risk attached to what he has done is enormous and he is not moved to take it out...

I will investigate his case grin
Re: A Graduate Is Seeking For A Job by Cleanman(m): 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
amicable09:

He shouldn't, but something tells me benedict 99 is not the real owner of those credentials and passport. He may be punishing his enemy tongue, who knows? Because the risk attached to what he has done is enormous and he is not moved to take it out...
I will investigate his case grin
I'm baffled but I wouldn't let the reason why I created this thread be set aside.

I'm still expecting someone with a job offer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

N-power: FG To Disqualify Those Without Teaching Qualifications / Apply For Student Industrial Training And Internship At Shell / How To Apply For Enugu Clean Team Project Massive Recruitment | 1000 Slots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.