Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine (1117 Views)

MTN Gets Two Months Extension To Pay NCC Fine / N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN / "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Abbeyme: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
As the controversy over the N1.4 trillion fine on MTN lingers, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has given MTN Nigeria a deadline of 16 November to pay the fine imposed on it for failing to register the personal details of 5.1 million subscribers.
This deadline is coming after the South Africa’s stock exchange, JSE Ltd, launched an investigation into the timing of the operator’s announcement of its penalty.
According to a report, the spokesman for the Nigerian Communications Commission, the country’s telecoms watchdog, was quoted as saying that the outcome of the discussion may affect the date.
A statement by MTN said its CEO is still in talks with the Nigerian authorities and its senior management and advisers also talking to JSE, after the announcement of the fine knocked around 20 percent off the company’s stock price.
‘‘That’s why they are having the discussion so that they can reach a solution,” the spokesperson said.
The report also said Nigeria’s presidency and internal security agency are involved in the talks.
As for the JSE probe, the head of the regulatory division, Andre Visser, said “the investigation will follow due process to establish whether there have been any breaches of the listings requirements and can be a lengthy process.”
Under South African capital markets rules, companies are required to immediately warn shareholders of price-sensitive information.
Meanwhile, Fitch Ratings has revised MTN Group’s outlook to negative, owing “to the risk of a significant cash outflow due to a substantial fine imposed on MTN’s Nigerian operations, which could increase leverage and pressure MTN’s credit metrics.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/mtn-gets-november-deadline-to-pay-n1-4trn-fine/

Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by silverprince413(m): 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
time to send MTN packing..

3 Likes

Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by peterjero(m): 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2015
Evil plan by clueless NCC I hope they know what dey are doing.
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Paulonice(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
BAD FOR MTN USERS
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by NCP: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
good, if they dont pay up before the deadline, fine them again.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by skydigit65: 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Bad market for MTN....its seems NITEL/NTEl will soon resurrect....so a giant telecom industry must go down...
pretty sorry for mtn....@ least MTN no short @ all....they have made million from poor nigerian....MTN can pay this bill twice and over if they want to and repair there fluctuating network....?

How i wish MTN , GLO ETISALAT and AIRTEL will charge only access fee (data + call) for a month....as they do in other developed world...and not per second billing as them dey take hammer African countries..... grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Goahead(m): 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
Porting to Glo right away
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Ebimablog: 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
interesting
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Abbeyme: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
Lalasticlala, Seun, Mukina2. Pls make road to promise land.
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
I have till december 6th for my BB month to expire.
They shouldn't pack yet. I know they won't pay.
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
Make them park go, their own don too much. People ready to buy am
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mtn..aaaahhhhh...ncc pls jes empty half of wat dey av in treasury...dey may b stubborn buh still ..pity..

Biko ncc
Eshanu won die
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Hadeyeancah(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
They really need cash, see their msg

2 Likes

Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by acenazt: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mtn pay or Go. Ntel dey show face and Buhari want use Mtn money supplement 2016 budget
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 31, 2015
If they did not pay let their network be disconnected because when my mb finish they also disconnect me so I don't care when they don't care about me.....

1 Like

Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by malton: 4:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
peterjero:
Evil plan by clueless NCC I hope they know what dey are doing.
Propose a better solution? Incentives guide the operation of businesses everywhere else in the world. Such disregard for institutions will not be condoned even in south Africa, their home country. They didn't follow simple directives and must be punished accordingly. Simple. There's a reason businesses operate within a space.

1 Like

Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
Am beginning to feel sorry for MTN

1 Like

Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nothing will happen jare.... Toothless NCC, sebi court dey there, November ko December ni... Rubbish..
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Abbeyme: 11:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
udemzy101:
Nothing will happen jare.... Toothless NCC, sebi court dey there, November ko December ni... Rubbish..

Sure nothing would happen??

Can u bet on that?
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 02, 2015
Abbeyme:

Sure nothing would happen??

Can u bet on that?

Yeah... You think NCC is going to stop then from operating if they don't pay before death line?

Funny...
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Abbeyme: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2015
udemzy101:

Yeah... You think NCC is going to stop then from operating if they don't pay before death line?

Funny...

Yes,

They would be stopped from transmitting or more fine would be imposed on them,
Remember that a new Sheriff is in town!

The new govt has no time for nonsense and they need the money to finance the next year budget.
Besides, the SA Stock Exchange has reacted to the fine, so, MTN is bound by cooperate / financial responsibility to equally make provision toward the payment. Otherwise their investors would see them as insolvent.

In a nutshell, the earlier they pay-up, the better for their business.
Re: MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 02, 2015
Abbeyme:

Yes,

They would be stopped from transmitting or more fine would be imposed on them,
Remember that a new Sheriff is in town!

The new govt has no time for nonsense and they need the money to finance the next year budget.
Besides, the SA Stock Exchange has reacted to the fine, so, MTN is bound by cooperate / financial responsibility to equally make provision toward the payment. Otherwise their investors would see them as insolvent

In a nutshell, the earlier they pay-up, the better for their business.

Lol.... Story for the gods... No need to argue, let's wait till then, stop them transmitting ko..

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Volcano Flashing Box... / . / Help On Changing Tecno H7 Front Camera To Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.