Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Help Needed In Java Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Needed In Java Programming (1409 Views)

I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA / Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming / Java Programming For Dummies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed In Java Programming by mayorken(m): 3:48am On Oct 13, 2006
hello fellow Java programers, can any one help me with
materials or have useful tips on mastering GUI's and also how to write a constructor for a programe
I also have a problem of not knowing wen to use declare a method public void.smiley
Am some-how new 2 JAvasmiley
Re: Help Needed In Java Programming by sbucareer(f): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2006

He is the one that helped me learn Java. I find his method of teaching very good. Prof Fintan Culwin is a Java advocate and mentor. He has written my articles and books in Java, Ada, and Talk. He is currently investigating and conducting research in the areas of Document Originality. Like the plagiarism software etc.

Here is an extensive links to his website and free online books. Note for redistribution and wider audience usage, you MUST contact him. But it is free for personal use.

His website explains the concept of public, private and protected methods. The purpose of constructor is also explained in full detail. If you finish going through his website and do not hack it, it is better you had give up on programming particular Java.

If you do not understand anything in his free online material come and and ask me I will explain it to you. You have no excuse now not to lean Java and become marketable in the field of Java.

User Interface

Main web site

Make sure you do all the exercise at the end of each class

Re: Help Needed In Java Programming by chydon(m): 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2006
mayorken,u declare a method public if u want it to be accessed by other subroutines or other classes,void means that the method returns nothing.As for GUIs,you should knpw that a constructor is used to manipulate all the components seen on the frame of the programme.Any further help,feel free to contact me via talk2chiddy@yahoo.com
Re: Help Needed In Java Programming by kambo(m): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2006
hello,
get ur hands dirty with practice coding then all the books, and text will begin making sense to u,
u'll know intuitively when to declare a method public, private and so on.
no escaping practice here.
Re: Help Needed In Java Programming by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2006
does this apply 2people who don't know jack abt java
Re: Help Needed In Java Programming by Damy(m): 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2006
U need meĀ  U got me.
Re: Help Needed In Java Programming by khuna(f): 10:14am On Nov 24, 2006
Java is a very nice and challenging programming language even though my course mates in the university make a run from it, all java need from you to learn it, is determination and likeness feel it as if it is one of your best friends you never want to let go and i guarantee you with the right materials sky is your limit.
You use the "void" keyword when the method is a non-returning one, for example the main method uses void because by default is a non-returning method.
A method is said to be returning if a certain value or function has to be returned . for example here is a method calculating the average of three numbers and also return the sum and average:
[color=#770077]public static double average(int N1,int N2, intN3)
{
double sum, average;
sum=N1 + N2 + N3;
average= sum/3;
return average;
}

this just a method, in the main program you would have created a statement asking you to enter N1, N2, N3 into the system, and also the classname,main method and some java steps would have been done already, all you have to do in the main method is to call the method using the following command:
average=average(int N1, int N2, int N3);
the double keyword used in the method is the value returning type,meaning our answer would be in double[/color]
Re: Help Needed In Java Programming by mimi83: 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2006
hi sbucareer,
pls, can i have the web address of the java tutor? my email address is mimi_rus@yahoo.com
thanks a lot
Re: Help Needed In Java Programming by sbucareer(f): 3:30am On Dec 15, 2006
Re: Help Needed In Java Programming by culasi(m): 4:10am On Dec 15, 2006
call me
Re: Help Needed In Java Programming by webworld(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2006
Hi mayorken,

If you are new to Java, I suggest you get through with the basic structures, syntax, expressions etc before going the GUI way. Starting with GUI doesnt help much. Even Deitel folks have realised this and the new edition of their book has GUI far latter in the book.

Get a book titled "Beginning Java Objects" (check Google)- its one of the best Java books I've ever read.

>>
You declare a method public if you want it accessible to other classes.

>>
You use a constructor to initialize a class i.e within the constructor, you set the initial values of your variables etc.

(1) (Reply)

Can Any Body Help Me With A Php Lookup Script / I Need A Mentor In Web Programming Language Type Java / Where Can I Get Mifare Classic Cards In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.