Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? (8277 Views)

Between Hp 250 G1 And Hp 250 G4 / Between HP And Apple Laptops, Which Is Best? / Between HP And Dell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by ibroauthen(m): 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
I'm in the market for a new laptop,it will be my 1st laptop as I have always used desktops so I got 0 experience with laptops.I have always thought that HP is the best laptop manufacturer but then one of my friends told me that he bought 2 HP laptops before and they both had overheating problems and both were sent for repairs a couple of times in their 1st months,I also read on some tech sites and some reports that HP laptops are not reliable and have the most failure rates.I heard that lenovo laptops are more reliable but I also heard that their batteries are not good and tech support is below average. I will be using the laptop in normal everyday tasks but I will still be gaming on it a bit(low-medium settings on modern games would be ok for me).
And if there's another brand you can recommend that you know is better I would appreciate it so much

1 Like

Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by lordliri(m): 12:02am On Nov 01, 2015
Lenovo... just check review onli comparing basic/entry level, business/home a pro/enterprise models..

Lenovo rules.. I woul even choose a toshiba over the HP. I like my laptop sturdy, an rugged, everlasting keyboard, screen hinges and touchpad I hav seen high priced a entry level HPS having a issues with keyboard and or touchpa and screen. And HP EliteBooks far in proper quality check on the models.. Dell does doe better job, but Lenovo rules
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by ibroauthen(m): 6:56am On Nov 01, 2015
Thanks so much, I wll do just that cheesy
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Cvesta(m): 9:03am On Nov 01, 2015
ibroauthen:
I'm in the market for a new laptop,it will be my 1st laptop as I have always used desktops so I got 0 experience with laptops.I have always thought that HP is the best laptop manufacturer but then one of my friends told me that he bought 2 HP laptops before and they both had overheating problems and both were sent for repairs a couple of times in their 1st months,I also read on some tech sites and some reports that HP laptops are not reliable and have the most failure rates.I heard that lenovo laptops are more reliable but I also heard that their batteries are not good and tech support is below average. I will be using the laptop in normal everyday tasks but I will still be gaming on it a bit(low-medium settings on modern games would be ok for me).
And if there's another brand you can recommend that you know is better I would appreciate it so much
Get a dell laptop or stick to hp or Asus..all my hp laptops have never gone wrong..if you need a US USED laptop..you can call or WhatsApp me
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Hayormeah(f): 10:15am On Nov 01, 2015
ibroauthen:

I use a lenovo system......One of the things my friends love abt it is the battery life!

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by lordliri(m): 11:56am On Nov 01, 2015
See @poster don't make a mistake.. do the maths and check reviews and price comparisons. Entry level Lenovo currently compete with HP probook series(professional series).

Now imaging owning an ideapad or the ultimate enterprise Thinkpad series. Which outdid the HP elitebook series.

Let's forget about our personal experiences. Check history from IBM vs HP/Compaq collabo in 2004.

If u see a used Thinkpad.. grab it. It's built to last a decade at least.. QA is military grade. No BOBO. No surprise errors

1 Like

Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by lordliri(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hayormeah:

I use a lenovo system......One of the things my friends love abt it is the battery life!

Its interesting to see a fmale choose like a pro, babes normally go for looks like lappy not minding what's running on the chipset

Please share your lenovo's model, and price.. and also share your experience since purchase.
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by ibroauthen(m): 5:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hayormeah:

So u meant I can go on with Lenovo that I won't regret @last abi?
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by ibroauthen(m): 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
lordliri:
See @poster don't make a mistake.. do the maths and check reviews and price comparisons. Entry level Lenovo currently compete with HP probook series(professional series).

Now imaging owning an ideapad or the ultimate enterprise Thinkpad series. Which outdid the HP elitebook series.

Let's forget about our personal experiences. Check history from IBM vs HP/Compaq collabo in 2004.

If u see a used Thinkpad.. grab it. It's built to last a decade at least.. QA is military grade. No BOBO. No surprise errors

grin grin grin

Ok... I will look into that
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by ibroauthen(m): 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
Cvesta:

Get a dell laptop or stick to hp or Asus..all my hp laptops have never gone wrong..if you need a US USED laptop..you can call or WhatsApp me

I wil look into it.... cheesy
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by anangboy(m): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2015
Since you have been using only desktops, you are accustomed to a computer that is rugged and durable, i would suggest you go with Lenovo. Lenovo is built like a workhorse and there is stricter quality control on its manufacture unlike HP. I have had HP and HP Compaq laptops and common problems were overheating and battery failure.

Go with a Lenovo. That's what i'll be getting when my HP fails me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 02, 2015
Just two weeks ago i was compairing b/w Lenovo Yoga & Apple Pro Retina. Am not regretting using the Apple laptop. I will recommend it but, it's expensive. As for those asking you to buy Asus, don't buy it cos it battery only last two hours why HP is very hot even d so called intel atom of HP that they said is not hot is even hotter than HP AMD. The only HP that is good is mini..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Hayormeah(f): 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
ibroauthen:

So u meant I can go on with Lenovo that I won't regret @last abi?

lenovo is grt.....I will say u go for it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Hayormeah(f): 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
lordliri:

Its interesting to see a fmale choose like a pro, babes normally go for looks like lappy not minding what's running on the chipset

Please share your lenovo's model, and price.. and also share your experience since purchase.

my lenovo B590 will be 2 years in Jan 2016......I got it 70k at the time of purchase.
My friends admire it alot.....I could remember someone telling me I under utilize it sef.My experience with it has been awesome.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by HOMOTOYOSI10: 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hayormeah:

my lenovo B590 will be 2 years in Jan 2016......I got it 70k at the time of purchase.
My friends admire it alot.....I could remember someone telling me I under utilize it sef.My experience with it has been awesome.
I guess the processor is a core i3 where did u buy it?
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Hayormeah(f): 10:08am On Nov 04, 2015
HOMOTOYOSI10:

I guess the processor is a core i3 where did u buy it?

yes the processor is core i3.I got it from dreamworks at ikeja their prices are ok.
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by HOMOTOYOSI10: 11:15am On Nov 04, 2015
Hayormeah:

yes the processor is core i3.I got it from dreamworks at ikeja their prices are ok.

address please?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Hayormeah(f): 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
HOMOTOYOSI10:

address please?

www.dreamworksdirect.com
I dont have the address with me presently but dis is their customer service no and website address.
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Nnamdiuche(m): 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, please I have a question about laptops. my school recently made laptops compulsory for all freshmen, and the laptop they are selling is a HP 255 G3. I don't really know anything about laptops but I'd like to know if the laptop is really strong and durable, if the battery life is strong, if it has enough memory space and also if it can run certain games that I like eg PES, FIFA and other adventure games. your response and advice would be highly appreciated. thanks.
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Cvesta(m): 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nnamdiuche:
Hello Nairalanders, please I have a question about laptops. my school recently made laptops compulsory for all freshmen, and the laptop they are selling is a HP 255 G3. I don't really know anything about laptops but I'd like to know if the laptop is really strong and durable, if the battery life is strong, if it has enough memory space and also if it can run certain games that I like eg PES, FIFA and other adventure games. your response and
advice would be highly appreciated. thanks.
If you are allowed to buy outside I will suggest you spend that money on a UK/US used laptop of high grade instead of an i3 laptop ..which school is that by the way? Boarding house?
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Nnamdiuche(m): 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
Cvesta:

If you are allowed to buy outside I will suggest you spend that money on a UK/US used laptop of high grade instead of an i3 laptop ..which school is that by the way? Boarding house?
lol boarding school ke? it's university of Nigeria nsukka. theyre making it compulsory. and you can't buy outside. the price is 70k.
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Cvesta(m): 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nnamdiuche:

lol boarding school ke? it's university of Nigeria nsukka. theyre making it compulsory. and you can't buy outside. the price is 70k.
it means the choice is out of your grasp..good or bad you have to get it..it should be able to meet your daily needs anyway
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Nnamdiuche(m): 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
Cvesta:
it means the choice is out of your grasp..good or bad you have to get it..it should be able to meet your daily needs anyway
But what about gaming and memory space?
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Cvesta(m): 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
Nnamdiuche:

But what about gaming and memory space?
Light gaming at best..
PES,maybe FIFA too..space should not be an issue ...should be at least 500gb
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
Cvesta:

Light gaming at best..
A core i3 4 gig ram is a very useless piece of shit machine to buy in 2015. He can use that money to get a refurbished core i7 laptop.
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
Cvesta:

Light gaming at best..
A core i3 4 gig ram is a very useless piece of shit machine to buy in 2015. He can use that money to get a refurbished core i7 laptop with a dedicated gpu of at least 1 gig vram.
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Cvesta(m): 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
tensazangetsu:

A core i3 4 gig ram is a very useless piece of shit machine to buy in 2015. He can use that money to get a refurbished core i7 laptop.
He has rightly said the choice "to be or not to be" rest totally with his school..they are compulsorily tasked to buy the HP 255 G3..couldn't help but offer words of consolation
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by tempem: 6:44am On Nov 06, 2015
Hayormeah:

www.dreamworksdirect.com
I dont have the address with me presently but dis is their customer service no and website address.

Thanks for this link, bro...
Hope those prices on DreamWorks are real?
And, do they operate POD?
I'll appreciate your quick response...
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Nnamdiuche(m): 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cvesta:

Light gaming at best..
Thanks for the answers given. I appreciate. I also have another question about iPhones. how can I use my micro sim for an iPhone 5, since nano sims are smaller than micro sims?
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Hayormeah(f): 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
tempem:

Thanks for this link, bro...
Hope those prices on DreamWorks are real?
And, do they operate POD?
I'll appreciate your quick response...

bro? am female oooo
their prices are real and I don't knw abt POD cos I got it directly from them.I didn't order online.
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by Cvesta(m): 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nnamdiuche:

Thanks for the answers given. I appreciate. I also have another question about iPhones. how can I use my micro sim for an iPhone 5, since nano sims are smaller than micro sims?
You simply cut it down to a nano sim with a sim cutter
Re: Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? by tempem: 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hayormeah:

bro? am female oooo
their prices are real and I don't knw abt POD cos I got it directly from them.I didn't order online.
waoh, never noticed.

That aside. Am living outside lagos. Can you please help me make enquiry?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Break SYSKEY Password / How To Delete Autorun.inf From Pen Drive / Mtn BIS Blazing With Tunnel Guru Vpn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.