Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal (33697 Views)

Man Wraps His Baby Daughter In His Dreadlocks (Photos) / Father Impregnates Daughter In Nasarawa (Photo) / Woman Slaps Husband At LUTH Car Park Over Unclad Photo On His Phone (snapshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by Islie: 7:20am On Nov 01, 2015
Nosa Akenzua
A 71-year-old blind man, Meshack Igbokwu, on Thursday allegedly slapped his pregnant
daughter-in-law in Ugbolu, near Asaba, the Delta State capital.

It was reliably gathered that the victim, with a five-month-old pregnancy, had disagreed with the old man over his choice of food at night, which led to an altercation between both of them.

The septuagenarian was said to have allegedly slapped the woman when she moved closer to him.

The blind old man, who spoke to our
correspondent, said, “I was paid house rent by my tenant and I asked my daughter in-law to prepare eba (cassava meal) for me as I went to the bathroom to take my bath, after which I discovered that she prepared akamu (corn meal) for me.

“The money I put under the pillow was removed and this prompted me to call one of my tenants who paid me earlier to count the money, only to discover that the money was short of N5,000.

“I called my daughter (in-law) who shouted at me, saying I am blind.”
Eye witnesses of the fracas said the old man asked the woman for his money and why she prepared akamu instead of eba for him. She was said to have been infuriated by the queries and allegedly insulted him, which made him to reportedly slap her.

She was said to have fallen to the ground and was taken to a hospital by neighbours, where she was revived.

The matter was reported at the Ugbolu Police Division.

Officers at the division, who spoke to our
correspondent on condition of anonymity,
confirmed that the man, who was under
interrogation, confessed to the crime. They said investigation was ongoing.

http://punchng.com/2015/11/2968
Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:25am On Nov 01, 2015
His untamed anger made him blind.

Wait o, where was his son?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by Nicolars(m): 7:25am On Nov 01, 2015
Lol. Oga oooo
Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by cococandy(f): 7:26am On Nov 01, 2015
Both of them are at fault.
I guess the girl wants to take advantage of his blindness and wayo him. Probably not the first time too.

The old man needs to be more pleasant toward the lady though. Some of these old people can be very belligerent especially when they are sick.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by ifyalways(f): 7:27am On Nov 01, 2015
Na wao.

Where is the old mans son and DIL's husband?
Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by delishpot: 7:31am On Nov 01, 2015
The woman sef! Why wahala the man like that?

4 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by bewla(m): 7:34am On Nov 01, 2015
e en what are u saying sef
Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2015
nothing to say
Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by JustCurious: 7:51am On Nov 01, 2015
Sorry that she got slapped and had to be revived... But, how could she have taken the old man's N5,000, only to prepare him 'akamu' ? #JustCurious

It would have been understandable had she prepared 'eba' with the said money. Now, she failed in both ways - No Eba and N5,000 missing.

She did provoke the man to anger.

106 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by Godmother(f): 7:55am On Nov 01, 2015
Hmmm, serious matter. Why did she take the blind man's money or raise her voice at him? And the man went too far slapping her too. Even if he cant see her condition, at least he must have been told about it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by mrhipup(m): 8:00am On Nov 01, 2015
hmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by Young03(m): 8:04am On Nov 01, 2015
thumbs up to the old blind man

40 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by x6blade(m): 8:22am On Nov 01, 2015
But wait how did he see her face to slap. I mean how? undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by yanabasee(m): 8:24am On Nov 01, 2015
Woe to daughter inlaws that steal from their father inlaw.... Such a bad habit....

The blind man must have been a hot tempered fellow before strucked with ailment....

But sha... Nothing concern me sef! grin

3 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by California30(m): 8:36am On Nov 01, 2015
Only in Nigeria
Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by chinchum(m): 8:38am On Nov 01, 2015
It seems the baba na old soldier.

A slap from a blind old man that sent the woman to hospital is better imagined

13 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by deebsman1(m): 8:38am On Nov 01, 2015
I'd wanted to comment before nii, but peeps wey post b4 me have done justice, surely d DIL should have been in the habit of provoking the blind old man, probably cos of his situation, sure that won't be her first time ....... Many of those girls out there and their male counterparts too, lack proper application of home training

5 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by ibkgab001: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2015
IGBO dey blind... I don't trust Igbo ooo this one wey dem like to chase widow up and down I guess she won top the pregnant girl and she no gree
Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 01, 2015
Some Spiritual Slaps.....

2 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 01, 2015
angry

That daughter is wicked! Ol eeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee, stealing from from a blind man.
Lazy woman!

But the old man went too far . Although I can understand that he was too frustrated with her attitude to bear her excesses.

2 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by loomer: 8:39am On Nov 01, 2015
Dem dey interrogate the old man, shey dem know say the daughter in-law self na thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by condralbede(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2015
The blind man did well....why will d daughter in law Willie Willie am of his huge sum of 5k and prepare akamu instead of EBA......Eba serving us since d days of Zik.

8 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by menix(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2015
There is ability in disability..

It's certain the lady does not respect the man nd the man had been suspecting the lady of picking his cash cous of his condition.

Why would a man old enough to father you ask for Eba instead u prepared him akamu, the man sef no slap u well..

Lastly, that man must be a great hunter when he was young cous great hunters don't miss their prey, even in blindness he was still able to calculate the perimeter of the galz cheek..

19 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by damton(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2015
x6blade:
But wait how did he see her face to slap. I mean how? undecided
when you are angry, you can do the undoable.

perhaps, the lady was right in front of him

2 Likes

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by sexaddict08(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2015
interesting...
Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by Truckpusher(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2015
grin grin
Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by mrkels(m): 8:41am On Nov 01, 2015
How did punch get to publish this story?

I really do not see an atom of sense in it.

1 Like

Re: Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal by CharleyCharley: 8:42am On Nov 01, 2015
How is this our business?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage / His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price / Things A Female Should Never Do For Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.