Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's - Religion (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's (804519 Views)

Demons, Angels, Vampires Etc // Extraterresterials, Aliens, Ufos - Same Thing! / You See Demons, Angels Spirits? Come Here Quick Before It Is Too Late / The Fallen Angels From The Andromeda Galaxy ( Nephilim ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by MizyB(f): 9:46am On Mar 20, 2016
Mr vooks, thank you. So a believer who doesnt 'recharge' this infilling might end up quenching the spirit, right? And Could this lead to total loss of the spirit in such believer?
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by MuttleyLaff: 11:02am On Mar 20, 2016
MizyB:
Oga MuttleyLaff, its so nice to have you here.
Thank you for the reprove on my conception about the infillng of the spirit. God bless you sir
From one Oga to another Oga. I hail you too ma.
By the grace of Abba, as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens the wits of another
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 11:34am On Mar 20, 2016
MizyB:
Mr vooks, thank you. So a believer who doesnt 'recharge' this infilling might end up quenching the spirit, right? And Could this lead to total loss of the spirit in such believer?
Hi MizyB, interesting question right there.
Quenching the Spirit is expressly forbidden in 1 Thess 5:19. Quenching means extinguish, put out. This to me means obstructing or disparaging His work in men like spiritual gifts, or even conviction over sin. Failure to recharge to me does not lead to this, it simply keeps you in the SAME level of faith and experience with God. Recharging moves you higher.

When the disciples recharged, they did not receive additional spiritual gifts or manifestations; they were just emboldened to witness. They received boldness which was hitherto lacking in most. So I would say recharging also helps in confronting new challenges in our walk in Spirit.

What in my opinion causes 'loss of the Spirit' or bankruptcy of authentic Spirit experience in our lives is active resistance against His work, and also persistent rebellion/sin

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by temi4fash(m): 11:47am On Mar 20, 2016
MizyB:

To add to what mr vooks has said.

Not recharging is just like not eating so you don't grow and your gift too does not grow too.

No oo. What happens is when you quench the spirit which does not happen suddenly but overtime when you you subdue the use of your gifts and the workings of the Holy spirit in ones life.

Total loss I don't know... But redundant yes
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by MizyB(f): 11:48am On Mar 20, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
From one Oga to another Oga. I hail you too ma.
By the grace of Abba, as [b]iron sharpens[b\] iron, so one person sharpens the wits of another

that's why i need you to be active sir.

You have a mailsmiley
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by MizyB(f): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
temi4fash:

To add to what mr vooks has said.

Not recharging is just like not eating so you don't grow and your gift too does not grow too.

No oo. What happens is when you quench the spirit which does not happen suddenly but overtime when you you subdue the use of your gifts and the workings of the Holy spirit in ones life.

Total loss I don't know... But redundant yes

thank you very Mich ma. The 'not eating food' comparison is just great Cos its similar to not praying, watching and studying the word of God which are helpful spiritual 'food'. God bless you ma
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by GoodMuyis(m): 1:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
analice107:

See why I couldn't let you go? God has given me people online and offline. His gift (you guys) is much more than money.
Thank you very much.
I love my family.

Where is brother Superior1? Pls come out.

You are courageous more than that, David was intimidated by his own brother, yet his testimony of killing bear and lion still stand before king soul. He confidently present himself before everyone.

We love your testimonies, how many of your kind and age group could stand as you do, your virtues are far above rubies. If it is pride, pride yourself in the Cross of Christ. No man was there When Christ is doing is wonders in you.

Well expect more of the critics, but you have to remain with us all, and yourself cant ignore the order of General vooks.

Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
GoodMuyis:

You are courageous more than that, David was intimidated by his own brother, yet his testimony of killing bear and lion still stand before king soul. He confidently present himself before everyone.

We love your testimonies, how many of your kind and age group could stand as you do, your virtues are far above rubies. If it is pride, pride yourself in the Cross of Christ. No man was there When Christ is doing is wonders in you.

Well expect more of the critics, but you have to remain with us all, and yourself cant ignore the order of General vooks.

Happy sunday
Happy Sunday beloved. And thanks for the kind words.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by temi4fash(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
MizyB:

thank you very Mich ma. The 'not eating food' comparison is just great Cos its similar to not praying, watching and studying the word of God which are helpful spiritual 'food'. God bless you ma

Exactly sis..

More blessings.

Ma ke...

Am a male...

Analice107.,, Abeg no mind devil jawe.. The road was not supposed to be easy but thru Christ we are conquerors.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by JMG1: 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
MizyB:
Your personal text in your profile says you a muslim before but now a beliver. Same here as well. Gave my life to Christ in march 2013, faced persecutions of every sort but with Christ I kept winning as the Lord did not allow my feet to stumble. Now Dead to sin and fully alive to Christ to the Glory of the Lord. How did your journey go? Or was it just a free road all the way into the light?

4 Likes

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by MizyB(f): 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
JMG1:

Your personal text in your profile says you a muslim before but now a beliver. Same here as well. Gave my life to Christ in march 2013, faced persecutions of every sort but with Christ I kept winning as the Lord did not allow my feet to stumble. Now Dead to sin and fully alive to Christ to the Glory of the Lord. How did your journey go? Or was it just a free road all the way into the light?
the journey for me has been complicated. From mosque to church, church to mosque.I accepted Christ in 2014, officially.

I'm looking forward to the day I'll tell my father I'm now a believer I've never been bold to him about it in time past.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by Tjayjosh(m): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
JMG1:

Wow! By the Grace of God, i led a muslim to christ in 2007. His name, withheld . At first, the road wasn't easy for him. He was persecuted by his family, especially his father. He almost lost everything. Hmm... My broda, e no easy. I stood with him in prayers, God gave him total victory! Today, the guy is burning really hot for christ. To God be the glory.

4 Likes

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by MizyB(f): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
vooks:

Quenching the Spirit is expressly forbidden in 1 Thess 5:19. Quenching means extinguish, put out. This to me means obstructing or disparaging His work in men like spiritual gifts, or even conviction over sin. Failure to recharge to me does not lead to this, it simply keeps you in the SAME level of faith and experience with God. Recharging moves you higher.

When the disciples recharged, they did not receive additional spiritual gifts or manifestations; they were just emboldened to witness. They received boldness which was hitherto lacking in most. So I would say recharging also helps in confronting new challenges in our walk in Spirit.

What in my opinion causes 'loss of the Spirit' or bankruptcy of authentic Spirit experience in our lives is active resistance against His work, and also persistent rebellion/sin
God bless you sir
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by Tjayjosh(m): 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2016
MizyB:

the journey for me has been complicated. From mosque to church, church to mosque.I accepted Christ in 2014, officially.

I'm looking forward to the day I'll tell my father I'm now a believer I've never been bold to him about it in time past.
It's not going to be easy. But, you got to tell him sis. God is with you all the way. Don't be afraid. Because my friend found christ, he is a source of joy to his family. God so blessed him in everything. Today he is bold enough to tell his father; i pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains (Acts 26:29). One day, i paid my friend a visit. I saw him and his father studying the scriptures together. My sister, i felt joy unspeakable when i saw them. Glory to God.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by JMG1: 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
Sister the journey might/will definitely be rough but if you stand strong with Christ, you will surely overcome. It was more like this for me as well, but in my own case, when they realise I changed my faith and believe, they started forcing me to mosque, called family meeting coz of me, dad almost disown me "and when I mean almost, I mean he did and called me back" but I stood firmly with Christ so as they were forcing me to mosque, I still go down on my knees and pray in the Christian way. But ONE day when I realise how much they trying to pull me away from Christ, making me sin "through lying" when am trying my best to obey his commandments, I was determined to be free. I stood my ground and faced my bro and declared fully my passion for Christ and that aint going back, that day Jesus set me free and since then its been a wondeful ride with Christ Jesus with the Holy Spirit leading me. So my dear, hold on and stand firm with Christ, you need to declare your believe now or probably show them by going to church or prayer meeting, expect persecution but if you carry your cross daily by praying and obeying the Word of God, shortly you will overcome. God bless you sis
MizyB:

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by superior1: 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
MizyB:

I was watching the Fuji maestro Adewale Ayuba tell his journey to Christ the other day, it is sure not a journey for people who wants to be men pleaser. There is no need to rush to tell him, take your time in prayers and God will grant you the boldness needed. I will however advise that you exercise some restraint especially if you still depend upon him majorly for your livelihood.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by JMG1: 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
Glory be to God in the Highest. John 15:16 makes us understand that we did not choose ourselves but he choosed us and appointed us to bear fruit and that our fruit may remain. I was totally lost, as in ssoooo lost brother like a lost sheep but when I heard that voice,when he called me, I knew that voice immediately and I surrender all. And the truth is ever since then, he has never failed me, not once. He is indeed Jehova, his Wonderfuly, Glorious, Marvelous, Powerful name be Glorify
Tjayjosh:

Wow! By the Grace of God, i led a muslim to christ in 2007. His name is ismail (first name). At first, the road wasn't easy for him. He was persecuted by his family, especially his father. He almost lost everything. Hmm... My broda, e no easy. I stood with him in prayers, God gave him total victory! Today, the guy is burning really hot for christ. To God be the glory.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by JMG1: 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2016
superior1:

I was watching the Fuji maestro Adewale Ayuba tell his journey to Christ the other day, it is sure not a journey for people who wants to be men pleaser. There is no need to rush to tell him, take your time in prayers and God will grant you the boldness needed. I will however advise that you exercise some restraint especially if you still depend upon him majorly for your livelihood.
And this is Wisdom, MizyB's please follow his advice. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
superior1:

Who is that troubler of Israel na....that person should stop disturbing my Sister oo..lol.
You can't quit because of anybody....nanana....just as you can't please everyone, so let your conscience be clear before God,once that one is done Qed.
You sure inspire so many folks here and that is a ministry in itself, let nobody chase you from doing that...biko...dalu
It's well my brother. Don't leave us for so long nah. Good to have you back.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
MizyB:

God bless you sir
And may the Lord reward you richly beloved sister. Your hunger for wisdom and insight will not go unnoticed in heaven. Keep them coming.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by MuttleyLaff: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
MizyB:
Mr vooks, thank you. So a believer who doesnt 'recharge' this infilling might end up quenching the spirit, right?
And Could this lead to total loss of the spirit in such believer?

vooks:
Quenching the Spirit is expressly forbidden in 1 Thess 5:19. Quenching means extinguish, put out.
This to me means obstructing or disparaging His work in men like spiritual gifts, or even conviction over sin.
Failure to recharge to me does not lead to this, it simply keeps you in the SAME level of faith and experience with God.
Recharging moves you higher.

With all due respects to both of you, IMHO, there is nothing like recharging there however is something akin to ''''staying plugged in'' to the Source''''
''Staying plugged in'' to the Source, allows the continue flowing of the current of the Holy Spirit from the Source to recipients for infilling

Believers dont recharge, but stay plugged in to the Source, even with full bar on charge displaying

Believers are on 24/7 charging, they ought to never unplug but remain connected ever charging
and receiving from the Mains, as much flowing current they are able and capable to receive.
The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak
The Holy Spirit is willing, to give as much as one can handle
but it is either faith or the flesh, at times which when weak that holds one back
Believers are to fill in the Holy Spirit oversize shoes and suit with the current ever flowing from the Mains they are plugged and connected to

''Quenching the spirit'' happens when the plug is pulled, is another of my IMHO
as pulling the plug prevents the Holy Spirit from happening or continuing flowing from Source to fill up recipients

There are certain things we do (e.g. Samson and King Saul to name just two), which pulls the plug and ultimately quenches the Spirit

11Do not banish me from Your presence
or take Your Holy Spirit from me.

12Restore the joy of Your salvation to me,
and give me a willing spirit

- Psalm 51:11-12

There are at least two ingredients for keeping possession of Holy Spirit, they are:
1) God's presence - Remaining or staying in God's presence
2) Willing spirit - Having a willing spirit

The lack of 1 and 2 undermines the Holy Spirit and causes a total loss of it (i.e. quenches it)

The loss of the Holy Spirit, is clear or obvious to the trained eye, mind or observer
and the loss might manifest in two ways:
1) Instant total loss - total loss of Holy Spirit happening or coming immediately
2) Gradual loss - loss taking place slowly with a lingering residual Holy Spirit

Samson in Judges 16:20 and King Saul in 1 Samuel 16:14, are two examples of where, when the plug is pulled, the Spirit effectively is quenched and there is ''Total loss of the Holy Spirit''
Samson and King Saul, are also examples of the active resistance against God's work, and also persistent rebellion/sin getting the Spirit quenched vooks talked about

Gradual loss, where loss of the Holy Spirit can take place slowly with a lingering residual Holy Spirit, occurs in society today among believers, known as yesterday's man

We all know that one of the characteristics of a plugged in and switched on electric iron is heat (i.e. it gets hot or have high temperatures)
it also is known that, a just finished used iron, remains hot for a while even though it's being switched off and unplugged from the electic socket.

The Holy Spirit and believers, to a certain degree, are somewhat like the electric current flowing through the cable making a plugged in and switched on electric iron hot.
- The Holy Spirit is the electric current flowing through the cable and the believer is the electric iron

Now the reason for this lingering post, is merely to touch on that kind of believer tagged ''yesterday's man'' and the connection with Gradual loss
(i.e. loss taking place slowly with a lingering residual Holy Spirit)

The ''Yesterday's man'' believers, are like, a just used iron, switched off and unplugged from the electic socket but remaining hot due to residual heat
The Holy Spirit has been quenched and stopped flowing into the ''yesterday's man'' believer
but the ''yesterday's man'' believer, to some degrees, even after the switch off and unplugging from the Source,
remains still ''hot'' due to the lingering residual ''heat'' Holy Spirit

Most ''yesterday's man'' believer, dont know the Holy Spirit has been quenched because they are still showing the characteristics of the Holy Spirit, as in that lingering residual ''heat'' Holy Spirit

When the lingering residual ''heat'' Holy Spirit is finally and totally lost, then some of the ''yesterday's man'' believers turn to making unholy alliances with dark forces and/or undesirable spiritual entities to save face

The gullible and easily influenced who dont know about the ''yesterday's man'' believer's total loss of the Holy Spirit and the fake one replacing the original are easily deceived by it
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by Great0: 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

With all due respects to both of you, IMHO, there is nothing like recharging there however is something akin to ''''staying plugged in'' to the Source''''
''Staying plugged in'' to the Source, allows the continue flowing of the current of the Holy Spirit from the Source to recipients for infilling

Believers dont recharge, but stay plugged in to the Source, even with full bar on charge displaying

Believers are on 24/7 charging, they ought to never unplug but remain connected ever charging
and receiving from the Mains, as much flowing current they are able and capable to receive.
but it is either faith or the flesh, at times which when weak that holds one back
Believers are to fill in the Holy Spirit oversize shoes and suit with the current ever flowing from the Mains they are plugged and connected to

as pulling the plug prevents the Holy Spirit from happening or continuing flowing from Source to fill up recipients

There are certain things we do (e.g. Samson and King Saul to name just two), which pulls the plug and ultimately quenches the Spirit

There are at least two ingredients for keeping possession of Holy Spirit, they are:

The lack of 1 and 2 undermines the Holy Spirit and causes a total loss of it (i.e. quenches it)

The loss of the Holy Spirit, is clear or obvious to the trained eye, mind or observer
1) Instant total loss - total loss of Holy Spirit happening or coming immediately
2) Gradual loss - loss taking place slowly with a lingering residual Holy Spirit

Samson in Judges 16:20 and King Saul in 1 Samuel 16:14, are two examples of where, when the plug is pulled, the Spirit effectively is quenched and there is ''Total loss of the Holy Spirit''
Samson and King Saul, are also examples of the active resistance against God's work, and also persistent rebellion/sin getting the Spirit quenched vooks talked about

Gradual loss, where loss of the Holy Spirit can take place slowly with a lingering residual Holy Spirit, occurs in society today among believers, known as yesterday's man

We all know that one of the characteristics of a plugged in and switched on electric iron is heat (i.e. it gets hot or have high temperatures)
it also is known that, a just finished used iron, remains hot for a while even though it's being switched off and unplugged from the electic socket.

The Holy Spirit and believers, to a certain degree, are somewhat like the electric current flowing through the cable making a plugged in and switched on electric iron hot.
- The Holy Spirit is the electric current flowing through the cable and the believer is the electric iron

Now the reason for this lingering post, is merely to touch on that kind of believer tagged ''yesterday's man'' and the connection with Gradual loss

The ''Yesterday's man'' believers, are like, a just used iron, switched off and unplugged from the electic socket but remaining hot due to residual heat
The Holy Spirit has been quenched and stopped flowing into the ''yesterday's man'' believer
but the ''yesterday's man'' believer, to some degrees, even after the switch off and unplugging from the Source,

Most ''yesterday's man'' believer, dont know the Holy Spirit has been quenched because they are still showing the characteristics of the Holy Spirit, as in that lingering residual ''heat'' Holy Spirit

When the lingering residual ''heat'' Holy Spirit is finally and totally lost, then some of the ''yesterday's man'' believers turn to making unholy alliances with dark forces and/or undesirable spiritual entities to save face

The gullible and easily influenced who dont know about the ''yesterday's man'' believer's total loss of the Holy Spirit and the fake one replacing the original are easily deceived by it
Hmm.. This one is spiritual physics of the Word of God.
Nice.
Blessings.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 9:01am On Mar 21, 2016
By A 15-Year Old School Kid
who got an A+for this entry
Since the Pledge of Allegiance and the Lord's Prayer are not allowed in most public schools anymore, because the word 'God' is mentioned, a kid in Arizona wrote this NEW School prayer:
"New Pledge of Allegiance"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.
If scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks....
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.
We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; my soul please take!
Amen.
Meditation: “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.” – Mark 9:42
You will succeed in Jesus Name!

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 9:20am On Mar 21, 2016
Tjayjosh:

It's not going to be easy. But, you got to tell him sis. God is with you all the way. Don't be afraid. Because my friend found christ, he is a source of joy to his family. God so blessed him in everything. Today he is bold enough to tell his father; i pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains (Acts 26:29). One day, i paid my friend a visit. I saw him and his father studying the scriptures together. My sister, i felt joy unspeakable when i saw them. Glory to God.
Lord!!! TJ, do you know what and who you are to God right now? You just turned the unrighteous o righteousness. That's the greatest miracle ever. Some folk think that a miracle is when you raise the dead or open the eyes of the blind. There's nothing as great a miracle than turning a hell bound person to christ.
Here is your reward; Dan. 12:3b. And they that turn many to righteousness, shall shine like the stars in the firmament of heaven, for ever.
Hello Star!!!. Shine on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 9:32am On Mar 21, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

Oh my God!!! This is the best illustration I have come across in recent times. And they are so many like this around. You hear the atheists here claiming to be Christians in the past, this could be how they lost it. It won't just happen.
Wow the illustration of the "Yesterday's man" believer, and the residual heat really got me.
Than you brother.
Thank you brother Charles for gathering all this great minds. Where would I have met them?

Where is brother Oyeludef?

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by oyeludef(m): 11:02am On Mar 21, 2016
analice107:

Oh my God!!! This is the best illustration I have come across in recent times. And they are so many like this around. You hear the atheists here claiming to be Christians in the past, this could be how they lost it. It won't just happen.
Wow the illustration of the "Yesterday's man" believer, and the residual heat really got me.
Than you brother.
Thank you brother Charles for gathering all this great minds. Where would I have met them?

Where is brother Oyeludef?
thanks for checking on me sis. I read virtually every new post on this thread. God is truly working with this thread
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2016
[size=1pt]
MuttleyLaff:

[/size]

Thank you MutleyLaff
This is quite a lengthy post. I wonder how long you took to get it together. God bles you for your diligence.
Could you briefly explain what transpired here;
Acts 4:31 (KJV)
And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

PS:
'They' here refers to Peter and John- v19, and 'their company' or fellow disciples-v23 who all partook in Pentecost sometimes before this.

Thanks
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by MuttleyLaff: 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
vooks:
[size=1pt][/size]Thank you MutleyLaff
This is quite a lengthy post. I wonder how long you took to get it together. God bles you for your diligence.
Could you briefly explain what transpired here;
Acts 4:31 (KJV)
And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

PS:
'They' here refers to Peter and John- v19, and 'their company' or fellow disciples-v23 who all partook in Pentecost sometimes before this.

Thanks
I will first reproduced this excerpt from my earlier post which addressed your request

Now back to the matter

Strong's Concordance: furnish, accomplish, fill, supply
Original Word: πλήθω
Part of Speech: Verb
Phonetic Spelling: (play'-tho)
Short Definition: I fill
Definition: I fill, fulfill, complete.

HELPS Word-studies:-
4130 plḗthō (or pimplēmi) – properly, fill to the maximum (full extent), "the limit" (CBL).
4130 /plḗthō ("full'') implies "filled to one's (individual) capacity."
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
I will first reproduced this excerpt from my earlier post which addressed your request

Now back to the matter

Strong's Concordance: furnish, accomplish, fill, supply
Original Word: πλήθω
Part of Speech: Verb
Phonetic Spelling: (play'-tho)
Short Definition: I fill
Definition: I fill, fulfill, complete.

HELPS Word-studies:-
4130 plḗthō (or pimplēmi) – properly, fill to the maximum (full extent), "the limit" (CBL).
4130 /plḗthō ("full"wink implies "filled to one's (individual) capacity."
Great! We know some Greek
But please answer my question.

To help you up,
They were FILLED on Pentecost, and not too long after that they were FILLED again in another singular event following prayers.
I called this 'recharge' or refilling or a second filling. You disputed this. What else would you call a filling following another filling other than a REfilling?
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by MuttleyLaff: 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
vooks:
Great! We know some Greek
But please answer my question.

To help you up,
They were FILLED on Pentecost, and not too long after that they were FILLED again in another singular event following prayers.
I called this 'recharge' or refilling or a second filling. You disputed this. What else would you call a filling following another filling other than a REfilling?
I will repeat myself with a crucial point you seem to be overlooking where plḗthō meaning "full'' and implies "filled to one's (i.e. individual) capacity corroborates the below repeated paragraph I earlier mentioned in previous posts

but it is either faith or the flesh, at times which when weak that holds one back.

Full is not constant, as you grow so does your fullness grows. This is why, one is constantly plugged in to the Mains Holy Spirit
You see, the difference between an inflating or infilling balloon and a believer, is that a ballon bursts with air once it gets pass its fullness threshold, however the infilling Holy Spirit will continue to infill into a believer to the extent the believer gives it room to fill into.

When you say recharging, it's like you saying the juice is used up so requires topping up or recharging.

I have heard and read about little faith, weak faith etcetera but nothing like that about the Holy Spirit. One either has the Holy Spirit or one doesn't have it all. Worst case scenario, one has the residual Holy Spirit after it is quenched and there isn't anymore flow of the Holy Spirit current because the plug is pulled

It is the same current flowing, there is no second current flow. I have never heard, read or being taught about second current flows into electronic or electrical components. Electric flow is electric flow, there are no distinctions, so it is with the infilling of the Holy Spirit to the apostles after Pentecost
They just made room or more space for the infilling to fill into

Do people recharge electric irons?
When current electric flows into an electric iron, is it possible to discover other iron features/functionalities not previously used?

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 5:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
oyeludef:
thanks for checking on me sis. I read virtually every new post on this thread. God is truly working with this thread
OK, God bless.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by Tjayjosh(m): 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
analice107:

Lord!!! TJ, do you know what and who you are to God right now? You just turned the unrighteous o righteousness. That's the greatest miracle ever. Some folk think that a miracle is when you raise the dead or open the eyes of the blind. There's nothing as great a miracle than turning a hell bound person to christ.
Here is your reward; Dan. 12:3b. And they that turn many to righteousness, shall shine like the stars in the firmament of heaven, for ever.
Hello Star!!!. Shine on.
Dear sis, this is the lord's doing. I'm only but a tool in His hand. Wait and see what God will do through you. You are great!

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (478) (Reply)

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.