Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

#poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / #poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! (1086 Views)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Penastory: Melanin (A Poem On Black Beauty) / How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! by Olaxtra: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
They said they'll only own my body.... Yet I don't know why my soul gets sold.... Each day they dress me precisely gaudy.... Behind my smile are some mysteries unfold.... Whole day they see my beauty as beast.... Their touch is so cursed and is so mean..... I am a lavish item and a wild man's feast..... Yet standing around me is a matter to demean..... My life was burnt and sold for penny..... Long before my smile was gone..... Accepted by none yet used by many..... No man would even come near my stone..... ~Olaxtra
Re: #poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! by opeaceo: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
Is that all? If yes, that's not a "perfect" way to end a poem don't you think?
Re: #poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! by Olaxtra: 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
opeaceo:
Is that all? If yes, that's not a "perfect" way to end a poem don't you think?

Its a poem not a prose. Study it gently and you will understand better.
Re: #poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! by amicable09(f): 10:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
Olaxtra, well done. Creativity at work however, I feel there is need for one more line, the end doesn't look like it's the end actually.

Consider putting finishing touches so it can have that tick of excellence.

Once again, you have done well!

1 Like

Re: #poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! by opeaceo: 7:59am On Nov 02, 2015
Olaxtra:

Its a poem not a prose. Study it gently and you will understand better.
The arrangements, the language, the use of "big" words doesn't suggest prose to moi, that's a poem you have up there, and as the person above me rightly states, that's not a good way to end.

1 Like

Re: #poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! by Olaxtra: 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
amicable09:
Olaxtra, well done. Creativity at work however, I feel there is need for one more line, the end doesn't look like it's the end actually.

Consider putting finishing touches so it can have that tick of excellence.

Once again, you have done well!

Owk ma
Re: #poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! by Olaxtra: 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
opeaceo:

The arrangements, the language, the use of "big" words doesn't suggest prose to moi, that's a poem you have up there, and as the person above me rightly states, that's not a good way to end.

Aiit ma
Re: #poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! by amicable09(f): 10:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
OP,You have indeed done the needful! Keep at it, you will be amazed at how polished you will be... perhaps after the similitude of a palace smiley

One more thing, I think the arrangement changed, don't know if it's my device deceiving me or it is actually that way after the touch. Try putting it in lines again, rather than the story telling form it has taken.
Re: #poem On The Life Of A Prostitute.... Do Read !!!! by Olaxtra: 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
Olaxtra:

Owk ma

Will input that on my next post. #tanks

(1) (Reply)

The Man I Married - Episode 17 / Baby, You Turn Me On - Erotica / Mtn's 'if I Was Your Child' Advert, Wrong English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.