Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! (37494 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / This Is Highly Sacrilegious!!!(pics) See What A Young Lady Did With The Bible! / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Freegift75: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
This is a true life story

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by opeaceo: 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
Very funny, are you seriously asking what your offence is? Your offence is that... (I won't use abusive words).

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sir,you get plenty offences. Why should you get yourself involved in such?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Freegift75: 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
Bobbyjay001:
Sir,you get plenty offences. Why should you get yourself involved in such?

I don't want to open the door of temptation to my junior brother's wife by letting her wailing all about. It could be the beginning of waywardness

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by XaintJoel20: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
You offence is that you gave you brother a wrong and ungodly advice. Have you forgotten that this is akin to what happened in the Bible when Herod married the widow of his brother (Herodias) which prompted John the Baptist to condemn the act because it was wrong
Please read Matthew 14:1-7...

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by delishpot: 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

I don't want to open the door of temptation to my junior brother's wife by letting her wailing all about. It could be the beginning of waywardness

So you guys want to rotate her in the family? Chei, women dey surffer sha o. Abi are we still in 1000BC?

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
And you said Kehinde is also married. How will you of all people advice him to get married to Taiye's wife? Is the only child Taye has with hios wife not a child?
Freegift75:

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Freegift75: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
delishpot:

So you guys want to rotate her in the family? Chei, women dey surffer sha o. Abi are we still in 1000BC?

What do you mean by rotating her?

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by double0seven(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
So why are you asking us; have you finished asking the members of your church? Or even finishes explaining why you think you have committed no offense?

So what exactly are you looking foe on this forum that is so populates by undergraduates and teenagers? A pastor and man in his forties, who is also a family head will not be looking foe justification on Nairaland for such a serious family matter and church matter.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by delishpot: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

What do you mean by rotating her?

Brother A dies brother B is asked to inherit his widow like property if B dies C will inherit her again. She be football? Why pass her around? I am sure she agreed to marry her brother-inlaw because you guys told her to do so or forfeit any financial help she may be getting from you guys.
That girl no get family s3f? Abi did they dash her to you people ni?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Compliance(m): 8:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
Who ever ordained you a pastor has cheated your destiny process. I don't blame you I blame those that ordained you a pastor.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

APC member spotted. Only APC members use such words. And as a PDP member, I ain't giving you any advise

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by hardywaltz(m): 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
For me i think the advice is in other.
Kehinde's wife was just been inconsiderate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
delishpot:

Brother A dies brother B is asked to inherit his widow like property if B dies C will inherit her again. She be football? Why pass her around? I am sure she agreed to marry her brother-inlaw because you guys told her to do so or forfeit any financial help she may be getting from you guys.
That girl no get family s3f? Abi did they dash her to you people ni?

That is Yoruba tradition grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by delishpot: 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
himkers:

It was tradition in many parts of Naija a loonnng time ago sha. That was when women were denied education and choice in life. They were at the mercy of their fathers, brothers and husbands. Nowadays our girls are treated much better jarey cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Freegift75: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
double0seven:
So why are you asking us; have you finished asking the members of your church? Or even finishes explaining why you think you have committed no offense?

So what exactly are you looking foe on this forum that is so populates by undergraduates and teenagers? A pastor and man in his forties, who is also a family head will not be looking foe justification on Nairaland for such a serious family matter and church matter.

Nairaland is a platform to learn. One or two persons could gain wisdom from this. So keep the insult to your self

7 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
How sure are we that you are pastor,because the bible condemns d advice u gave ur younger broda.that was wrong

16 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by EdCure: 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
himkers:
The practice cuts across all ethnic groups in Nigeria.
When my Urhobo tenant died, his younger brother inherited his two widows.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by EdCure: 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
himkers:
APC member spotted. Only APC members use such words. And as a PDP member, I ain't giving you any advise
That's damn hillarious! grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Freegift75: 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
kevinscore:
How sure are we that you are pastor,because the bible condemns d advice u gave ur younger broda was wrong

Make yourself more clearer. Explain better
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by oderemo(m): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
kevinscore:
How sure are we that you are pastor,because the bible condemns d advice u gave ur younger broda was wrong
Go read your bible very well , father Abraham did it and many more in the same bible. Uncle Solomon nko?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by itstpia8: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
hm, interesting.

and the news is on nl asap.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Dindondin(m): 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
i ll comment after dinner
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by 69MissedCalls(m): 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
lets be real. the vow on the altar was "till death do us part" so the woman is free to remarry. but if u forced them then it is a sin

9 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by drstan(m): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband................
Now, what is my offence?

if you call yourself a pastor and you still gave such advice that means you have not been reading your bible even when as a pastor ,is all those churches that use to ordain people because of their financial contribution in church that I blame ,and if you think you can get back the land because you bought it for them ,be ready to face what ever comes your way ,because God that gives life can also take it ,pls accept the discipline in good fate.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by kulobyno: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by aspirebig: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
HT

Meaning Home Trouble.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by princeonx: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
Next thing now you go open ur own business in the name of church.

If your oga wey demote you own na church of Christ yours will be church of Jesus Christ! Smh

6 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Dindondin(m): 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?
What you tried to do is a normal practice worldwide.
I m a Christian & my faith doesn't condemn such because I practice Afrological Christianity.
Also, I v not seen that Bible part that condemned this except making case against polygamy which am also against. (That's a debate for another time).

In addition, If the wife of the deceased and family of the deceased agreed mutually to wife inheritance, there is nothing bad in it.
However, the deceased's wife ll v been at a better advantage if the person that is to inherit her has no wife before or is also a widower.

On why you were demoted, the following questions needs answers:

* Did the deceased's wife agree to the wife inheritance practice mutually or she was forced?

* The other wife that didn't want her husband to inherit a wife, was she given a fair treatment? Because she can't be forced to take in a rival wife especially if she's a for better for worse wife.

* And what were your reactions when your Church rose against your family decision?
Where you humble in the approach or bullish?

* What was your Church's opinion on the other wife refusing to accept the inherited lady as her co-wife? Did they support or against her?

From the answers to this questions, you ll see why the Church really sacked you!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by allanphash7(m): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mainframe needs this script

Even coperate puctures and Afeezco

Thats all i can say

7 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by ayusco85(m): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
can someone pls tell me why i need to know why he was demoted? how is that me business? undecided
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by fulaniHERDSman(m): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
Turenci undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Oshoffa Sharing His Meal With Obasanjo *throwback* / Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.