Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. (4535 Views)

I Don't Understand / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is The Cutest And Most Photogenic In Nigeria == Prove Me Wrong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 10:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
Good evening nairalanders.
Happy sunday/new month.
Today makes it 2 months since I took my female GSD for mating..

I took her bath today. After she messed up her self in the cage before going to church.
After taking her bath I took her upstairs. I didn't lock her up in the cage. I left her in the balcony and went inside to prepare for church.. I got back from church around 11. And found out that my dog delivered just 1 puppy.. I was happy . Today being the first day of the month. And on a sunday morning again.. I dropped my bible. Cleaned up the place and instructed her to go to her cage so she could deliver the remaining puppies. I called the vet to inform him about the news . He said "get cartons and place it on the floor which I did., he also said she' would deliver the remaining puppies in her stomach in the next 2hrs.. " Okay. I did what he said and waited. After 2 hrs she didn't deliver any 1. It's. 10:37pm now and she hasn't still delivered. I'm worried. Will she still give birth to the remaining puppies.?. Or could it be that the one she delivered now is premature?. Or could it also be because I took her bath this morning.. I don't understand her again oo.. I'll attach pictures too.!
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by Tundenoni(m): 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2015
I advise you to sell to AKPAN. AKPAN would definitely treat her f*ck up!
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by sholay2011(m): 11:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Tundenoni:
I advise you to sell to AKPAN. AKPAN would definitely treat her f*ck up!
Are you okay

10 Likes

Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by toms55(m): 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
It's normal, I remembered my dog Douglas (Of blessed memory) also littered just 1 pup on one afternoon like that, her second litter was 7 pups cheesy enjoy
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by Mynd44: 12:20am On Nov 02, 2015
She might be done. I have a dog (samoyed) that has given birth to just one pup each time she gives birth (which is twice).

Just keep watch though, more might come and this may be it
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 5:21am On Nov 02, 2015
I'm trying to post the pictures but it's saying" Empty message body" and the picture is not more than 4MB oo.

Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 5:23am On Nov 02, 2015
More pics of her.

Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 5:25am On Nov 02, 2015
toms55:
It's normal, I remembered my dog Douglas (Of blessed memory) also littered just 1 pup on one afternoon like that, her second litter was 7 pups cheesy enjoy

Did she deliver the remaining 7 that same day?. It's 5:23am now and I'm still seeing 1 puppy. See the pictures I attached
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 5:26am On Nov 02, 2015
[quote author=Tundenoni post=39594023]I advise you to sell to AKPAN. AKPAN would definitely treat her f*ck up! [/quote

Lol. I can't sell her. Abi dem talk say calabar people no dey chop dog wey dem don vaccinate already.. Na only local dogs and stray dogs dem dey like chop.
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 5:29am On Nov 02, 2015
Mynd44:
She might be done. I have a dog (samoyed) that has given birth to just one pup each time she gives birth (which is twice).

Just keep watch though, more might come and this may be it

So you're saying a dog can give birth to just 1 pup. Tot dey give. Birth in multitude.. Like 4-5-6-7 there about. Even 12 at times
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by Mynd44: 6:13am On Nov 02, 2015
JOOHEL:

So you're saying a dog can give birth to just 1 pup. Tot dey give. Birth in multitude.. Like 4-5-6-7 there about. Even 12 at times
Some dogs give birth to one bro...it is perfectly normal.

How is the puppy doing?

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 6:49am On Nov 02, 2015
Mynd44:

Some dogs give birth to one bro...it is perfectly normal.

How is the puppy doing?

Chai!. So na only one pup I go sell!..

The pup is a male sef.. He's doing fine.. He was crying all night.. And my dog has refused to it.. I still feel there are puppies in her stomach..
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by Mynd44: 6:57am On Nov 02, 2015
JOOHEL:

Chai!. So na only one pup I go sell!..

The pup is a male sef.. He's doing fine.. He was crying all night.. And my dog has refused to it.. I still feel there are puppies in her stomach..
I did not say that I am sure she will have one. Just that it is possible...

What you should focus on now is taking care of the puppy
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 7:05am On Nov 02, 2015
Mynd44:
I did not say that I am sure she will have one. Just that it is possible...
What you should focus on now is taking care of the puppy
Okay . Thanks. I really appreciate
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by toms55(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2015
JOOHEL:

Did she deliver the remaining 7 that same day?. It's 5:23am now and I'm still seeing 1 puppy. See the pictures I attached
Nope, her second litter wink
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by Haryobame: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2015
o.p administer 1ml of oxytocin to confirm.. Naa injectiom ooh
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by barcaboi(m): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
JOOHEL:
Good evening nairalanders.
Happy sunday/new month.
Today makes it 2 months since I took my female GSD for mating..

I took her bath today. After she messed up her self in the cage before going to church.
After taking her bath I took her upstairs. I didn't lock her up in the cage. I left her in the balcony and went inside to prepare for church.. I got back from church around 11. And found out that my dog delivered just 1 puppy.. I was happy . Today being the first day of the month. And on a sunday morning again.. I dropped my bible. Cleaned up the place and instructed her to go to her cage so she could deliver the remaining puppies. I called the vet to inform him about the news . He said "get cartons and place it on the floor which I did., he also said she' would deliver the remaining puppies in her stomach in the next 2hrs.. " Okay. I did what he said and waited. After 2 hrs she didn't deliver any 1. It's. 10:37pm now and she hasn't still delivered. I'm worried. Will she still give birth to the remaining puppies.?. Or could it be that the one she delivered now is premature?. Or could it also be because I took her bath this morning.. I don't understand her again oo.. I'll attach pictures too.!
u are not supposed to bath her.....didn't ur vet or frnds tell u?
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by arcbay(m): 7:30am On Nov 03, 2015
For future references. Never u bath a pregnant dog.

Bathing a dog will cause her to wanna dry up the furs by shaking vigorously, this causes vibrations within the belly and might lead to forced labour, miscarriages or still births...

And again, hope u didn't bath her with soap? I fear for the pup, cos if he sucks the leftover stench of soap on the dam, death beckons...

And to answer ur question, Yes, Dogs do give birth to just a pup, it's no News.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
barcaboi:
u are not supposed to bath her.....didn't ur vet or frnds tell u?

Why na.?.. The vet said 1nce in 2 weeks
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by barcaboi(m): 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
JOOHEL:

he already gave u a reason......dogs shake after bath....and that leads 2 vibrations. .....if she licks any part of d soap u use, what happens?.......
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
[quote author=barcaboi post=39641240]he already gave u a reason......dogs shake after bath....and that leads 2 vibrations. .....if she licks any part of d soap u use, what happens?.......[/quote

She didn't lick the soap.I dunno oo.!
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by barcaboi(m): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
[quote author=JOOHEL post=39642501][/quote]
pls don't again. ...it's just 2months. ..u'll do dat after delivery. ...learn from this
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by barcaboi(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
JOOHEL:

during pregnancy?.....then the vet no sabi him job if he can't advice against it to avpod mistakes.....
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
barcaboi:

pls don't again. ...it's just 2months. ..u'll do dat after delivery. ...learn from this

So I shouldn't bathe the dog for. 8-9weeks of gestation?..

Okay oo!.

Today is the third day. I think there's still puppy in her womb.

She runs around d house looking for a place to hide. Even after delivering one pup.. I think there's more coming..
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
See her

Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by barcaboi(m): 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
JOOHEL:

So I shouldn't bathe the dog for. 8-9weeks of gestation?..

Okay oo!.

Today is the third day. I think there's still puppy in her womb.

She runs around d house looking for a place to hide. Even after delivering one pup.. I think there's more coming..
update us....8weeks aint too long....endure.....that puppy cld be premature so be careful and cautious with it
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by Richybang: 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
guy watch the dam carefully when she is with the pup some dogs kill premature pups

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
Richybang:
guy watch the dam carefully when she is with the pup some dogs kill premature pups

Yeah! She isn't gonna eat dem!. She so much like d puppy she gave birth. To.. Every small tin she go dey lick d dog body anyhow.!.lol
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by KingOvoramwen1(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
JOOHEL:

Yeah! She isn't gonna eat dem!. She so much like d puppy she gave birth. To.. Every small tin she go dey lick d dog body anyhow.!.lol

So hwfar the dog and puppy?...... What happened after?
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

So hwfar the dog and puppy?...... What happened after?

SHES DEAD NOW
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by iannathan(m): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
JOOHEL:

SHES DEAD NOW
How? why? did she still deliver the remaining?
Re: Please Help!! I Don't Understand My Dog Again. by JOOHEL: 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
iannathan:
How? why? did she still deliver the remaining?
no she gave birth to only one.. .. she died while she was pregnant for another one last year. .. she died of tick infestation (i guess) cause that what almost took the life of the puppy (thats now grown up) she was stooling blood blood was coming out from her nose .. her tongue was very red.. she found it hard to sit down .. she groans anytime she wants to sit.. it's painful anytime i remember how she died .. she died in the middle of the night.. we woke up and saw her body stiff and strong with blood on the floor of her cage..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brazilian Man Has Surgery To Get The Face Of A Real Dog / New Vet In The House...no Charge! / Bush Rat Caught Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.