Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) (2948 Views)

I'll Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria -man Caught Trying To Illegally Enter Europe / Pls Tell Me The Most Selling Skill Work(s) In Canada. / If You Have Gone To Tanzania Tell Me Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 6:06am On Nov 02, 2015
Lately I've been thinking of something to do with life.

I work quite a bit, I love what I do but i kind of want to enjoy life a little bit more.. I was thinking of a fun idea and here it is:

The rules are simple:

I'm 30 years old, and I want to visit a new country every 2 weeks..

From first week of December, I'm going to start going to a new country/city outside Nigeria every 2 weeks, based on your suggestion and ease of logistics..
First come, first serve, unless there are two or three countries close together in which case I'll just knock it out in one go.

If an overwhelming amount of people want a particular country then I'll visit there first.

How will this work?

Just tell me a city/cities you want me to visit, and tell me at least 5 places/landmarks you want me to go to.

In return, I'll go there, take lots of pictures of my trip going there, from Lagos all the way to the country, as well as get the pictures of the landmarks and cool things you want to see.

Why am I doing this?

I just realized that I end up going to the same places over and over. (Dubai, USA,) This forum is huge and many people know lots of cool places I will never get to visit except if I know about it. You are honestly doing me a favor and I get to see the world, while you get a full trip report.

Who will i travel with?

So far I'm going alone, however if I have an upcoming trip and you want to join, please feel free to join me.. Sex/Gender/Age is irrelevant.. Travel buddies are fun. If nobody joins then i'll just go alone.

What will the duration of each trip be?

I want to keep each trip to 3-4 days maximum. Ideally I would leave Nigeria on a Thursday and come back like /Tuesday of the next week..

Are there any countries I wont visit?

Yup. Countries like Iran, Iraq, Chad, Ukraine , Egypt, Lebanon, Yemen, Israel, Russia, Congo, North Korea, Pakistan, Sudan, Central African Republic, Somalia, Afghanistan, South Sudan, Syria. Basically any country I deem unsafe or war-torn. Please dont get me shot or killed smiley

What countries can you visit?

I can visit any country here: http://www.globalallianz.org/visa-free-countries-for-us-citizens/ as long as its safe.

I also have a Chinese visa so thats do-able. I am willing to visit countries like Brazil,Russia, but they will take longer to arrange since I need to arrange a visa for those countries. The visa will be arranged whenever I'm in the states as it is much easier and I don't feel like dealing with the crazy embassies in this country. The only caveat is if you chose a country or city that requires me to get a visa, then you may have to wait 3 or 4 months before I get the visa.

What are your immediate plans?

I'm going to Shanghai, and Zhejiang in two weeks time for business. If you have any requests for those places let me know.

My schedule is free for the first 2 weeks of december, so I'd like a recommendation, but last week of december and first week of January im going to Paris & Amsterdam for christmas and new years. (Pls tell me any requests for those places as well)

Basically the first accepted travel request will most likely be completed first week of December or so.

Any questions please ask... All updates and pictures will be posted here.

Cheers smiley

3 Likes

Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by Sarang(f): 6:08am On Nov 02, 2015
Go to Hawaii...

Notice my signature?

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 6:09am On Nov 02, 2015
Sarang:
Go to Hawaii

You need to tell me places/islands/landmarks to visit while in Hawaii.. It has always been on my list..
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by Sarang(f): 6:10am On Nov 02, 2015
jjman2322:

You need to tell me places/islands/landmarks to visit while in Hawaii.. It has always been on my list..

Maui..and Honolulu.

Never been there before o.
On my future list though.
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 6:12am On Nov 02, 2015
Sarang:

Maui..and Honolulu.

Never been there before o.
On my future list though.

Any particular landmark you wan to see in Maui and Honolulu?
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by Sarang(f): 6:13am On Nov 02, 2015
jjman2322:

Any particular landmark you wan to see in Maui and Honolulu?

Not yet...
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by buzquet(m): 6:54am On Nov 02, 2015
I want you to go to Syria and Somalia
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 7:19am On Nov 02, 2015
buzquet:
I want you to go to Syria and Somalia

I see you're trying to get me shot grin
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by ntutu(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2015
Hues I will join you in your trip.
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by faray: 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
can u go to heaven/hell to help us confirm if there is after life
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by Moana(f): 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2015
U can start off with other African countries...Tanzania...Zanzibar for a start.
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by pansophist(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
If you have a week to spare, you might consider visiting many european countries. The advantages of travelling in Europe is that its short, inexpensive and borderless (if you have the right travel documents of course). Two years ago, I visited three countries in one day due to their proximity to each other. I started from Budapest (Hungary), took a one hour bus to Bratislava (Slovakia), then an hour train to Vienna (Austria). Vienna is also just two hours away from Brno (Czech republic) and from CZ, you are few kilometres away to Poland.

Check website like wizzair.com and ryanair.com. I usually travel with 10euros per trip via this airlines, but you will have to buy your ticket a minimum of 2 weeks in advance to get a cheap fair. If you visit Paris, you might consider visiting the UK and the Netherlands, as they are closer as well. Make the best out of your journey, and enjoy the culture, historical and ancient architectural presence lacking in the US (no offence). If you prefer to travel by car, check out blablacar.com, its a ridesharing community.

If you come to Amsterdam, I might show you around, depending on my schedules. Life is an adventure, live it up wink

3 Likes

Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
Gosh! I wish I can do this.

OP, I'm so jolos right now. grin

Awaiting pix and details.
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by claremont(m): 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
pansophist:

If you come to Amsterdam, I might show you around, depending on my schedules. Life is an adventure, live it up wink

I would love to visit Amsterdam for those ''coffee shops'', plus I hear it's quite an open-minded society compared to the UK.
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by pansophist(m): 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
claremont:

I would love to visit Amsterdam for those ''coffee shops'', plus I hear it's quite an open-minded society compared to the UK.

Of course. I work in the hospitality sector and many of my customers are anglophones especially Brits. I'm yet to come across a Brit who didnt rate Amsterdam higher than London. They usually talk about how spacious and clean it is. Surely I believe you'll love it.
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sounds good .. I'll be in Amsterdam on December 30th or so, for new years.. Will you be around?
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
pansophist:
If you have a week to spare, you might consider visiting many european countries. The advantages of travelling in Europe is that its short, inexpensive and borderless (if you have the right travel documents of course). Two years ago, I visited three countries in one day due to their proximity to each other. I started from Budapest (Hungary), took a one hour bus to Bratislava (Slovakia), then an hour train to Vienna (Austria). Vienna is also just two hours away from Brno (Czech republic) and from CZ, you are few kilometres away to Poland.

Check website like wizzair.com and ryanair.com. I usually travel with 10euros per trip via this airlines, but you will have to buy your ticket a minimum of 2 weeks in advance to get a cheap fair. If you visit Paris, you might consider visiting the UK and the Netherlands, as they are closer as well. Make the best out of your journey, and enjoy the culture, historical and ancient architectural presence lacking in the US (no offence). If you prefer to travel by car, check out blablacar.com, its a ridesharing community.

Good advice.. for christmas i'm already doing amsterdam, paris & prague.. maybe next year more countries..

I've been to amsterdam before.. very unique place.
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by pansophist(m): 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
jjman2322:
Sounds good .. I'll be in Amsterdam on December 30th or so, for new years.. Will you be around?

Yea I'll be. I live here.
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by princeonx: 3:01am On Nov 03, 2015
jjman2322:
This sound like fun and coincidentally, I'll be in Amsterdam too Dec. 30th. Are you traveling from US? Am leaving from Atlanta.
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by liztop2012(f): 5:28am On Nov 03, 2015
jjman2322:
Lately I've been thinking of something to do with life.

I work quite a bit, I love what I do but i kind of want to enjoy life a little bit more.. I was thinking of a fun idea and here it is:

The rules are simple:

I'm 30 years old, and I want to visit a new country every 2 weeks..

From first week of December, I'm going to start going to a new country/city outside Nigeria every 2 weeks, based on your suggestion and ease of logistics..
First come, first serve, unless there are two or three countries close together in which case I'll just knock it out in one go.

If an overwhelming amount of people want a particular country then I'll visit there first.

How will this work?

Just tell me a city/cities you want me to visit, and tell me at least 5 places/landmarks you want me to go to.

In return, I'll go there, take lots of pictures of my trip going there, from Lagos all the way to the country, as well as get the pictures of the landmarks and cool things you want to see.

Why am I doing this?

I just realized that I end up going to the same places over and over. (Dubai, USA,) This forum is huge and many people know lots of cool places I will never get to visit except if I know about it. You are honestly doing me a favor and I get to see the world, while you get a full trip report.

Who will i travel with?

So far I'm going alone, however if I have an upcoming trip and you want to join, please feel free to join me.. Sex/Gender/Age is irrelevant.. Travel buddies are fun. If nobody joins then i'll just go alone.

What will the duration of each trip be?

I want to keep each trip to 3-4 days maximum. Ideally I would leave Nigeria on a Thursday and come back like /Tuesday of the next week..

Are there any countries I wont visit?

Yup. Countries like Iran, Iraq, Chad, Ukraine , Egypt, Lebanon, Yemen, Israel, Russia, Congo, North Korea, Pakistan, Sudan, Central African Republic, Somalia, Afghanistan, South Sudan, Syria. Basically any country I deem unsafe or war-torn. Please dont get me shot or killed smiley

What countries can you visit?

I can visit any country here: http://www.globalallianz.org/visa-free-countries-for-us-citizens/ as long as its safe.

I also have a Chinese visa so thats do-able. I am willing to visit countries like Brazil,Russia, but they will take longer to arrange since I need to arrange a visa for those countries. The visa will be arranged whenever I'm in the states as it is much easier and I don't feel like dealing with the crazy embassies in this country. The only caveat is if you chose a country or city that requires me to get a visa, then you may have to wait 3 or 4 months before I get the visa.

What are your immediate plans?

I'm going to Shanghai, and Zhejiang in two weeks time for business. If you have any requests for those places let me know.

My schedule is free for the first 2 weeks of december, so I'd like a recommendation, but last week of december and first week of January im going to Paris & Amsterdam for christmas and new years. (Pls tell me any requests for those places as well)

Basically the first accepted travel request will most likely be completed first week of December or so.

Any questions please ask... All updates and pictures will be posted here.
Cheers smiley
am free, let's go together.
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 10:41am On Nov 03, 2015
liztop2012:
am free, let's go together.

Which trip do you want to make with me?
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 10:42am On Nov 03, 2015
SO far I have hawaii, and zanzibar.. Im looking both of them up now...

Anyone wanna join as well?
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by CassieV(f): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2015
Oh I've always wanted to visit Hawaii smiley smiley smiley
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by vague: 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
PS get Grand Theft and nairaland get Grand Scam. How come you have not uploaded your pics in all the other countries you have been to.? And why did u suddenly ignore princeonx when he said he will be in Armsterdam too? Is it because u will know come 30 Dec you will be sitting under one Iroko tree in Maiduguri sipping on zobo? grin God is watching you in 3D

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
vague:
PS get Grand Theft and nairaland get Grand Scam. How come you have not uploaded your pics in all the other countries you have been to.? And why did u suddenly ignore princeonx when he said he will be in Armsterdam too? Is it because u will know come 30 Dec you will be sitting under one Iroko tree in Maiduguri sipping on zobo? grin God is watching you in 3D

What are you talking about? I didnt ignore him I said i'll see him december 30th...

LOL How can i scam when im not asking for money? Im just asking people to tell me where to go and i'll make the posts..

I'll be updating this in 3 weeks with my China trip report..

If you wanna see some of my pictures you can add me on facebook.. IF you want the link shoot me a message buddy.. Just dont want to make everything public here.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by princeonx: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2015
CassieV:
Oh I've always wanted to visit Hawaii smiley smiley smiley
What's special about Hawaii? The length of the trip is just too much for me around the US. I'll rather spend that hours on plane going to Europe or somewhere completely different from US
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by princeonx: 7:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
jjman2322:

What are you talking about? I didnt ignore him I said i'll see him december 30th...

LOL How can i scam when im not asking for money? Im just asking people to tell me where to go and i'll make the posts..

If you wanna see some of my pictures you can add me on facebook.. IF you want the link shoot me a message buddy.. Just dont want to make everything public here.

Cheers
Inbox me a contact number too if u have one already
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
princeonx:

What's special about Hawaii? The length of the trip is just too much for me around the US. I'll rather spend that hours on plane going to Europe or somewhere completely different from US

hawaii is beautiful.. one of the nicest places in USA in terms of natural beauty/water/forests..

I still think san diego is God's own city.. Lived there for a while and the weather is PERFECT.. People are amazing there... Sunny all year round... No bugs, mosquitoes, like Florida.. Just an incredible place..
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by SkinnyDude(m): 8:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
jjman2322:

can you go to Helsinki, Finland? ask people there, if a black migrant can be a finish policia... ask them the requirement and processes.
and don't forget to take pictures.
thank you
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
princeonx:

Inbox me a contact number too if u have one already

check your email.. I sent a request to contact you
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by jjman2322: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
SkinnyDude:
can you go to Helsinki, Finland? ask people there, if a black migrant can be a finish policia... ask them the requirement and processes.
and don't forget to take pictures.
thank you

lol not really a good reason to go there is it? You can just find that information about black migrants on google!
Re: Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) by SkinnyDude(m): 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
jjman2322:

Cheers
whats ur fb name

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Gbagada From Iyana Ipaja? / Information On How To Obtain A Missionary Visa To South Africa / If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.