Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Ofe Akwu - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ofe Akwu (1124 Views)

Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat / How To Cook Ofe Akwu / How To Prepare Banga (ofe Akwu) Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ofe Akwu by akudinaobi(m): 6:31am On Nov 02, 2015
I love these my native soup very well because of its richness in nutrition and it dosnt contain lots of oil but the local palm oil that is fresh from its seeds called the akwu seed,we use the delicious soup to eat the white mans rice and olso our yam too,some town and cultures in nigeria use the soup with their swallows like the south south (urohbo) combines it with different carbohydrates like starch,garri,semo etc likewise the callabars they call it banga soup

The ingredients
Fresh palm seed the quantity u want
Fresh peper
Onions
Maggi of your choice
Dried fish (mangal or any good one)
Cent leaves
Ugu (pumpkin)
Stock fish (okporoko)
Salt
Ogiri (optional)
Meats (goat or cow meat,chicken)
Intestines of cow (liver and so on)

Methods
Cook the palm seed till its soft , bring it down and extract the liquid (the igbos uses motar and pistle to do this) I don't know any other easy method
After the liquids has being fillterd very well to avvoid sands and the chaffs ,you then pour the liquids in a pot and place it on your gas ,

If the liquid has started boiling ,you can now put your stock fish and dry fish that has being washed seprately in hot water, put your onions too then now allow it to cook for 20minutes then you apply your seasonings , maggi,salt ,the fresh peper the cooked meat and allow them to boil together till it turn into a soup (liltle thick) not watery again then you will add the cent leaves and the ugu(vegetables)

Adding ugu leaves is optional but adding it will enrich the content more , after that allow the soup to steam for some minutes then its yummy and ready to be served with your coice carbohydrates like rice preferable and anyother suffs acording to your culture

Thank me later when you cook this soup and serve it to your visitor or your loved ones

NB. Please don't go and prepare poison and accuse me of directing you,if you are confused ask questions to the market woman who will sell the ingrdients for you
Thanks

Re: Ofe Akwu by Aminat508(f): 6:34am On Nov 02, 2015
I will try it. Don't knw how to cook this, thanks @Op
Re: Ofe Akwu by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 02, 2015
Aminat508:
I will try it. Don't knw how to cook, thanks for this @Op

U dnt knw how to cook?
Re: Ofe Akwu by Aminat508(f): 6:44am On Nov 02, 2015
figo05:

U dnt knw how to cook?
henhen, I mean this soup nah. angry
Re: Ofe Akwu by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 02, 2015
Aminat508:
henhen, I mean this soup nah. angry

Ohk. I tot u dnt know how to cook even tuwo. I wld av stopd plans of wooing u with immediate effect

(1) (Reply)

Creativity At It's Peak: Checkout This Snooker Board Inspired Cake (Pictured) / See 200 Naira Kerosene / Affordable Peanut Coating Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.