Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? (15613 Views)

Poll: Who Is The Best?

Donjazzy: 39% (70 votes)
Jesse jags: 5% (9 votes)
K-solo: 3% (6 votes)
Eldee: 1% (2 votes)
Cobhams: 25% (45 votes)
Terry G: 6% (12 votes)
ID cabasa: 16% (29 votes)
Other (mention in thread): 3% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / Your Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? / Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by fattony6(m): 4:18am On May 10, 2009
send your choice on who you think is d best in the production business in nigeria right now.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by fattony6(m): 4:31am On May 10, 2009
for me i will choose K-SOLO
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by khanye(m): 8:07am On May 10, 2009
K-solo
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by russellino: 11:09am On May 10, 2009
Between Terry G and Timmy Ogundele
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by las240s(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2009
Except don jazzy dint produce wandy coals album alone but if otherwise is the case i consider him the best producer in Africa
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by fattony6(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2009
k-solo is on almost every album released from last year to date
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by jiggaz(m): 9:19pm On May 10, 2009
As for Lagos,it is K solo. But when u come to the East,it is Dekumzy. He produced almost all d tracks in Bracket's new album includin d hit single YORI YORI.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by rockyfela(m): 11:51pm On May 10, 2009
hmm this Ksolo of a guy that is now sounding a bit monotonous, him nd terry g. Almost all their beats sound alike. I'd go for don jazzy and Cabassa. Dr frabs and sosick look like d future.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Czarskit(m): 12:59am On May 11, 2009
~ Cabasa, K_Solo, Frabz, J_Sleek, Terry G, Cobhams, Jazzy ~
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by kaypumpin2(m): 2:30am On May 11, 2009
Czarskit:

~ Cabasa, K_Solo, Frabz, J_Sleek, Terry G, Cobhams, Jazzy ~

So now you named the whole producers in Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by markos: 8:09am On May 11, 2009
has anyone heard of OZZY, the executive producer on 2face new album?? he is from east London, Nigerian by parentage, right now he is the hottest thing coming into the Nigerian market, he has relocated to Lagos, he organised the new 2face Videos, best Videos for any Nigerain Artist, check ''go down there video'' featuring sway, No Nigerian artist can boast of a quality video on a big budget

He is basically a producer, manager, studio mixer, engineer, Mr fix it, got wide contacts in the UK / US

He is doing some contracts in Lagos now
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by valmarangs(m): 11:24am On May 11, 2009
Who is K-Solo? can someone please list out some of the music he has produced.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by TexMan4u(m): 4:05pm On May 11, 2009
Hello All
I'm coming to Nigeria, to organize a musical concert, since I'm not based in Nigeria, i need some assistance on how to go about it. I have an idea of the concert scoop, the towns and the logistics. How do i get in contact with these guys, including the comedians and idea about what they charge.

Please, you can hit me back @ ablackson@att.net.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by phantom(m): 9:42am On May 12, 2009
For me,its def. Cobhams asuquo!, No one matches him as far as i am concerned, The others are in the game cos many nigerians like listening to nonsense!@valma, Ksolo produced timayas gift n grace album,
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Bassline: 11:29am On May 12, 2009
Don Jazzy is the best producer. He always trys to create new styles with each release. He doesn't just keep recycling the same beats like some other producers. But K-Solo and Terry G have made hit records, so they're also good.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by showbobo(m): 11:36am On May 12, 2009
This is my current raking:

1.Don Baba Jay?(Don Jazzy)

2.Cobhams

3.Cabasa

4.K-Solo

5.Terry G

6.Sosick

7.Dr Frabz

e.t.c
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by UNLEASHED(m): 11:47am On May 12, 2009
Cabasa, K Solo, Terry G, Jazzy
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by maxtop(m): 12:01pm On May 12, 2009
ID Cabasa for sure, who be K-Solo?
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by lalaboi(m): 12:16pm On May 12, 2009
K-solo produced loads of recent songs

notably Timaya, kefee, kC presh and klever jay
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by DrLorenz1(m): 12:20pm On May 12, 2009
I would choose ID Cabasa, followed by Cobhams. Period.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Tonyet1(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2009
fellas i phink b4 we start picking our picks lets judge the producers on the ground of how renowned their productions were recognised by the international community

1st: Cobhams - produced the asa's album that is still a phenomeon to the whole world at large especially france

2nd: Don Jazzy - producer of the major flow of mo'hits tracks making D'banj the best artist for MTV base awards and the Ikechuckwu's "wine am well" flow

3rd: Engee/ OJB - producer of psquare's hit tracks and award winning albums, OJB was also amongst the producers of Tuface's "African queen" and psquare's "bizzy body"

4th: i fink i'll share both btw I.D cabasa (Producer of 9ice's hit track(s) and K-solo (definitely the local best)- the have the local content that blows our naija market
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Bassline: 12:48pm On May 12, 2009
tonye-t:

fellas i phink b4 we start picking our picks lets judge the producers on the ground of how renowned their productions were recognised by the international community

1st: Cobhams - produced the asa's album that is still a phenomeon to the whole world at large especially france

2nd: Don Jazzy - producer of the major flow of mo'hits tracks making D'banj the best artist for MTV base awards and the Ikechuckwu's "wine am well" flow

3rd: Engee/ OJB - producer of psquare's hit tracks and award winning albums

4th: i fink i'll share both btw I.D cabasa and K-solo- the have the local content that blows our naija market

Thats a good analysis. I agree with you. But there are some up and coming guys that are good as well.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by webpro(m): 1:11pm On May 12, 2009
Hmm, u na don talk una mind. even though am voting for cobhams, just wait and see Bmyne.

He is hitting the industry soon.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Kabikala(m): 1:21pm On May 12, 2009
How come K-Solo still has no single vote even though some guys posted here that he is their choice?
Just wondering.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Nimshi: 1:59pm On May 12, 2009
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by lalaboi(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2009
Kabikala:

How come K-Solo still has no single vote even though some guys posted here that he is their choice?
Just wondering.

The poll just got added
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by AHIABEN(m): 2:43pm On May 12, 2009
as far as i am concerned cohbams is still the best cool cool cool
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by timmy7(m): 3:01pm On May 12, 2009
Like some1 noted, it's me timmy ogundele grin
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Synthase(m): 3:18pm On May 12, 2009
ID Cabasa, Cobhams, Don j
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Jayholiday(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2009
I appreciate all the opinions here on Nairaland. Nice one,

For me its Don Jazzy!! I mean if you think D'banj was a fluke check out Wande Coal's album.

Na who do the beat? Don baba J

Check out the album on www.katlegoafrica.com
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by kshow1(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2009
who bi k-solo , na ID CABASA we know for yonder o. grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by opensesame: 6:47pm On May 12, 2009
If we are talking about REAL music, then wot's with the polls? Cobhams is wayyyy ahead of any other producer in nigeria. He's also a multi-instrumentalist par excellence. Just listen to asa's album. He produced all the tracks (co-produced some). Listen to the harmony of the instruments. . . as in, for one second, just forget asa's vocals, and listen to good music, the way it should be done. Then you'll catch my drift. That guy is so talented!!! God bless you, Cobhy!!

Then, at a distant second is I.D. Cabasa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eagle FM Abuja On Fire (Pictures, Video) / Zlatan – 'Yeye Boyfriend' (Video) / DOWNLOAD Video + Audio: Cleo Ice Queen (BBA) – Big Dreams Feat JK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.