Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

10 Greatest Inventors In History - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Greatest Inventors In History (2954 Views)

Robot Sophia: Meet The First Robot In History To Become A Citizen Of A Country / 10 Greatest Scientists Of The World / Inventors Who Were Killed By Their Own Inventions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 03, 2015
Freemanan:

I have... Though I think it's fable and myth...
meh, it probably is. but it's funny though. and it sounds like something some greek scientist would do. i mean, that time, they probably had virtually no shame of the naked bodies. for crying out loud, all their sculpture is nude. cheesy
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 03, 2015
Teempakguy:
meh, it probably is. but it's funny though. and it sounds like something some greek scientist would do. i mean, that time, they probably had virtually no shame of the naked bodies. for crying out loud, all their sculpture is nude. cheesy
Lwkmd... Your premise is valid tho....
My favorite is not on the list tho!

#COPERNICUS
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 03, 2015
Freemanan:

Lwkmd... Your premise is valid tho....
My favorite is not on the list tho!

#COPERNICUS
corpernicus? i always viewed him as more of a pure scientist than an engineer. who would invent. i think i would group him with blaise pascal and Galileo galilei than alexander bell or Hero.
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by hahn(m): 9:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Freemanan:

Lwkmd....
What of Jollof rice?

That should be number 2 grin
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 03, 2015
Teempakguy:
corpernicus? i always viewed him as more of a pure scientist than an engineer. who would invent. i think i would group him with blaise pascal and Galileo galilei than alexander bell or Hero.

Astrological findings and cosmology fascinates me.... I am enveloped in it.... Galileo and Kepler are also massive minds...
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 03, 2015
Freemanan:

Astrological findings and cosmology fascinates me.... I am enveloped in it.... Galileo and Kepler are also massive minds...
yes indeed. Galileo is especially my favorite. he actually single handedly laid the foundation for both Newtonian physics and relativity. and both concepts contain repetitions of his original ideas. like the principle of inertia and his Galilean frames of reference. he really should be called the father of modern physics.
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 03, 2015
Asin nw my head they boil.. anyway nice 1 man...
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 03, 2015
Teempakguy:
yes indeed. Galileo is especially my favorite. he actually single handedly laid the foundation for both Newtonian physics and relativity. and both concepts contain repetitions of his original ideas. like the principle of inertia and his Galilean frames of reference. he really should be called the father of modern physics.
Galileo is everything... Tho Newtonians will argue thus... They believe that their master owns physics...
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 03, 2015
Freemanan:

Galileo is everything... Tho Newtonians will argue thus... They believe that their master owns physics...
hahaha. grin
don't mind them. their master's mechanics had to be revised several times. galilieo's has stood the test of time. tongue
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 03, 2015
Teempakguy:
hahaha. grin
don't mind them. their master's mechanics had to be revised several times. galilieo's has stood the test of time. tongue
GBAM.....

I STILL SEE IT AS A SHOCK THAT MEN NEVER KNEW ABOUT THE LAW OF GRAVITY UNTIL NEWTON.... BEARING IN MIND THAT THOSE BEFORE NEWTON MADE THE GREATEST DISCOVERIES....

Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 03, 2015
Freemanan:

GBAM.....

I STILL SEE IT AS A SHOCK THAT MEN NEVER KNEW ABOUT THE LAW OF GRAVITY UNTIL NEWTON.... BEARING IN MIND THAT THOSE BEFORE NEWTON MADE THE GREATEST DISCOVERIES....

of course not. man very much knew about gravity long before newton. was it not Aristotle who claimed that all objects fall to the ground with motion that was proportional to their masses?

the only distinction about newton's discoveries is that it was him who realized that it was in fact gravity that governed the motion of celestial objects. hence creating the gravitational constant. and that was the only thing he did. all about the behavior of bodies under the effect of gravity on the earth was handled by Galileo.

i still don't understand why people still use the falling apple as an introduction to him. i prefer telliing people about his cannonball thought experiment.
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2015
Teempakguy:
of course not. man very much knew about gravity long before newton. was it not Aristotle who claimed that all objects fall to the ground with motion that was proportional to their masses?

the only distinction about newton's discoveries is that it was him who realized that it was in fact gravity that governed the motion of celestial objects. hence creating the gravitational constant. and that was the only thing he did. all about the behavior of bodies under the effect of gravity on the earth was handled by Galileo.

i still don't understand why people still use the falling apple as an introduction to him. i prefer telliing people about his cannonball thought experiment.

Teempakguy:

As a philosopher, I dont see Celestial scientists as Scientists! Most of them went beyond physical observation... Aristotle especially...
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
Freemanan:

As a philosopher, I dont see Celestial scientists as Scientists! Most of them went beyond physical observation... Aristotle especially...
sorry, i do believe there's been a mistake here, by celestial, i meant objects in space. planetary bodies.
Re: 10 Greatest Inventors In History by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
Teempakguy:
sorry, i do believe there's been a mistake here, by celestial, i meant objects in space. planetary bodies.
Okay... Astrology!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Starcomms Introduces 50 Hours Internet Package / How To Access Twitter In Nigeria Without A VPN. / Top 10 Strangest Shoes In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.