Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat (5498 Views)

Bidha Done In Salat By Shia\shite - / Muslim Divers Observing Salat(prayer) Under The Sea / Punctuality In Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by MrOlai: 11:00am On Nov 02, 2015
This is in response to what Albaqir said:

AlBaqir:
^Talk about literal interpretation of ahadith. Anyway all the ahadith pertaining to joining feet and shoulders in salat are all Marfoo. None of them is from the Prophet. But those who have taken whatever sahabi did as Sunnah of the prophet will continue to argue that they are the best generation. Interestingly the one of the narrators of these ahadith was Numan ibn Bashir who was an eight year old at the demise of the Prophet.
What Prophet commanded was a proper standing and a straight-line during salat to the fact that even if an arrow is to be shot, it will go in a straight-line formed by the Saffu. Funny enough some will even argue that hadith says when we put our feet and shoulders together in salat, Shaitan will not find space to enter. Excuse me grin Smh! Since when was Shaitan became physical to physically romance in between the space left? He works by whispering! And if he were to stay between the lines, he will rather stay with the driver (Imam) to lead the ma'mun (followers) astray.

Sometimes, taking the metaphoric part of the Quran or ahadith as literal will always constitute huge problem.
AlBaqir:

Joining feet and shoulder in salat is nothing but batil (falsehood). It is void. How do you even feel comfortable and focus when all of you pack yourselves like sardines in the name of "joining feet and shoulder"?! Do you know it was established by... grin Forget bro. So that I don't bring another argument into the fold.

There are many authentic ahadith from the sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam concerned with the command to straighten the rows (for congregational prayer), and so this is rarely hidden from any of the students of (Islamic) knowledge let alone their teachers.

However it remains unknown to many that straightening the rows requires straightening it with the feet, not just the shoulders. Indeed we have often heard some of the Imams of the Masajid (Mosques) pointing out - when ordering the people to straighten the rows - that the Sunnah is to do so with the shoulders to the exclusion of the feet! Since this is contrary to what is established in the authentic Sunnah.

There are two authentic ahadith on this topic: The first is the hadith reported by 'Anas, and the second is that reported by an-Nu'man ibn Bashir, may Allah be pleased with them both.

'Anas ibn Malik reported:[The Prophet said:] "Straighten your rows and come close together, for indeed I see you behind my back". The hadith is reported by al-Bukhari (2/176 - al-Fath, Bulaq edition), Ahmad (3/182 and 263), and al-Mukhallis in al-Fawa'id [1/10/2], all of them reporting via a number of transmission paths (turuq sing. tariq) from Humayd at-Tawil who said 'Anas ibn Malik narrated to us saying:

"The call for commencing of salah was made, the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam turned to us and said ... " (then he mentions the above hadith).

Al-Bukhari adds in one narration of this hadith: "(He turned to us and said) before pronouncing the opening takbir ... " Also adding at the end " ... each of us would adjoin his shoulder with that of his companion (standing next to him) and his foot with that of his companion."

This addition also occurs in the report of al-Mukhallis and Ibn Abi Shaybah [1/351] with the following wording: 'Anas said, " ... so I saw each of us adjoining our shoulder with those of our companions and also (adjoining) our feet with those of our companions..." Its chain of narration (sanad) is also sahih according to the conditions stipulated by the Two Shaykhs (al-Bukhari and Muslim).

As for the hadith of an-Nu'man (ibn Bashir) then it is as follows: The hadith of an-Nu'man ibn Bashir. [The Prophet said:] "Straighten your rows (he said it three times), by Allah either you straighten your rows or Allah will cause conflict between your hearts."

The hadith has been selected by Abu Da'wud [no. 662], Ibn Hibban [no. 396], Ahmad [4/276] and ad-Dulabi in al-Kuna [2/86] from Abul-Qasim al-Jadali Husayn ibn al-Harith who said; I heard an-Nu'man ibn Bashir say: "The Messenger of Allah turned to us and said ... " (then he mentioned the above hadith).

Then an-Nu'man ibn Bashir added: " ... so I saw each man joining his shoulder; knee and ankle with that of his companion." The sanad of this hadith is sahih, al-Bukhari quoted it in discontinuous (mu'allaq) form in a decided manner (indicating that he considered it authentic).

Translated from Silsilah al-Ahadith as-Sahihah of Shaykh Muhammad Nasir ud-Din al-Albani, vol. 1, pp. 70-74, hadith nos. 31 and 32

2 Likes

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by AlBaqir(m): 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
MrOlai:
This is in response to what Albaqir said:

There are many authentic ahadith from the sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam concerned with the command to straighten the rows (for congregational prayer), and so this is rarely hidden from any of the students of (Islamic) knowledge let alone their teachers.

However it remains unknown to many that straightening the rows requires straightening it with the feet, not just the shoulders. Indeed we have often heard some of the Imams of the Masajid (Mosques) pointing out - when ordering the people to straighten the rows - that the Sunnah is to do so with the shoulders to the exclusion of the feet! Since this is contrary to what is established in the authentic Sunnah.

There are two authentic ahadith on this topic: The first is the hadith reported by 'Anas, and the second is that reported by an-Nu'man ibn Bashir, may Allah be pleased with them both.

'Anas ibn Malik reported:[The Prophet said:] "Straighten your rows and come close together, for indeed I see you behind my back". The hadith is reported by al-Bukhari (2/176 - al-Fath, Bulaq edition), Ahmad (3/182 and 263), and al-Mukhallis in al-Fawa'id [1/10/2], all of them reporting via a number of transmission paths (turuq sing. tariq) from Humayd at-Tawil who said 'Anas ibn Malik narrated to us saying:

"The call for commencing of salah was made, the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam turned to us and said ... " (then he mentions the above hadith).

Al-Bukhari adds in one narration of this hadith: "(He turned to us and said) before pronouncing the opening takbir ... " Also adding at the end " ... each of us would adjoin his shoulder with that of his companion (standing next to him) and his foot with that of his companion."

This addition also occurs in the report of al-Mukhallis and Ibn Abi Shaybah [1/351] with the following wording: 'Anas said, " ... so I saw each of us adjoining our shoulder with those of our companions and also (adjoining) our feet with those of our companions..." Its chain of narration (sanad) is also sahih according to the conditions stipulated by the Two Shaykhs (al-Bukhari and Muslim).

As for the hadith of an-Nu'man (ibn Bashir) then it is as follows: The hadith of an-Nu'man ibn Bashir. [The Prophet said:] "Straighten your rows (he said it three times), by Allah either you straighten your rows or Allah will cause conflict between your hearts."

The hadith has been selected by Abu Da'wud [no. 662], Ibn Hibban [no. 396], Ahmad [4/276] and ad-Dulabi in al-Kuna [2/86] from Abul-Qasim al-Jadali Husayn ibn al-Harith who said; I heard an-Nu'man ibn Bashir say: "The Messenger of Allah turned to us and said ... " (then he mentioned the above hadith).

Then an-Nu'man ibn Bashir added: " ... so I saw each man joining his shoulder; knee and ankle with that of his companion." The sanad of this hadith is sahih, al-Bukhari quoted it in discontinuous (mu'allaq) form in a decided manner (indicating that he considered it authentic).

Translated from Silsilah al-Ahadith as-Sahihah of Shaykh Muhammad Nasir ud-Din al-Albani, vol. 1, pp. 70-74, hadith nos. 31 and 32

NB: One of my quotes you use above was copied from comments on a video posted by Empiree. So my dear brother, Empiree, kindly repost the video here. Its an 18-19minutes analysis of a Sunni Sheik, Muhammad Yassir al-Hanafi on whether we should join our feet and shoulder in Salat. The Sheik in one word concluded its void. Respected viewers kindly watch the video first.

Now to MrOlai, I appreciate the fact that you copy-pasted that comments of yours because I doubt you can ever comment in responds to Albaqir without insult, lies and derailing. So thanks.

What you just copy-pasted further strengthened my points.

First, you failed to watch the video posted by Empiree. The video is from a Sunni sheik, Muhammad Yassir al-Hanafi. All my comments are in agreement with the video.

Second, try to post the full ahadith of Nu'man ibn Bashir and Anas Ibn Malik as documented in Sahih al-Bukhari. Then you will appreciate the command of the Prophet as against the calls of Nu'man and Anas.

The command of the Prophet is form and maintain a straight line row; and stand properly [with humility as Quran commands].

Perhaps in the view of the "Sahaba" they cannot achieve this except the feet and shoulders come together.

Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani describe this hadith [the part of Nu'man ibn Bashir's statement ] as Mubalagha (exaggerations). And he maintained its just a way of emphasis [and not really the command meant by the prophet (peace be upon him and his offspring)].

Practically such a call [feet to feet, shoulder to shoulder ] becomes difficult due to variation in people's size and shape and height. But to be on a straight line and standing with humility by Allah is what should be encourage, which is more practical.

Kindly watch the video and digest the argument of your very own. Only then you can come up with your own explanations and understanding.

Salam.
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by Empiree: 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by MrOlai: 6:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Islam is complete. Allah(SWT) is the one protecting Islam. You shia people (Albaqir) cannot destroy Islam. It's so shameful that Allah(SWT) and the Prophet(SAW) would say something, you shia people would say something contrary to Allah's injuctions!

The noble companions of the Prophet(SAW) i,e Abubakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali (R.A Ajmain) would explain Qur'an and ahadith of the Prophet (SAW), you shia people would say something contrary to mislead people! You now look for false proofs to perpetuate your ideology! It's so unfortunate!

This is what Albaqir has to say about the first three Caliphs of Islam(Abubakr, Umar, Uthman(R.A. Ajmain)) and others that followed them:

AlBaqir:

We (Shia) have over many centuries after the demise of the holy prophet (saws) presented our 12 Imams as being successor of the holy prophet, it is alarming that Ahl Sunna wal Jama'a (past or present) have NEVER reach any conclusion as who were those 12 as many of their Khalifas were monsters, murderers, adulterers and devil incarnates.

This is what Albaqir has to say about the wives of the Prophet(SAW):
AlBaqir:

There is a narration in Tafsir al-Ayyashi which states that the Prophet (pbuh) was poisoned by his two wives, A’isha and Hafsa.

This is what Albaqir has to say about the Prophet Himself(SAW):
AlBaqir:

Other evidence for the Prophet being martyred(poisoned) comes from the narration of Imam Sadiq (a.s):
'There is none of us but is killed by sword or poison'

It's so shameful! Even the non-muslims would not make those silly and blasphemous statements against the muslims!

I arrest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by lanrexlan(m): 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
^^
Childish, all the videos above are NEVER from Shia scholars, they are Sunni just like yourself.Attacking Albaqir won't change anything.

Watch the videos and counter them

1 Like

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
MrOlai are you familiar with Abu naasir Ibrahim abdur rauf and Abdul Ghaniy jumah?Its aareonakakanfo speaking

1 Like

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by MrOlai: 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
CabbieAC:
MrOlai are you familiar with Abu naasir Ibrahim abdur rauf and Abdul Ghaniy jumah?Its aareonakakanfo speaking
Na'am my brother. Abu Naasir Ibrahim AbduRauf was my senior colleague in the same department from Great Ife. I'm not very close to Ustaz Abdul Ghaniy Jum'ah. Notwithstanding, he is a respected Scholar.
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
MrOlai:

Na'am my brother. Abu Naasir Ibrahim AbduRauf was my senior colleague in the same department from Great Ife. I'm not very close to Ustaz Abdul Ghaniy Jum'ah. Notwithstanding, he is a respected Scholar.

Ha! Afa leyin gaan ni yen ooo.He's a genius

2 Likes

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by MrOlai: 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Ha! Afa leyin gaan ni yen ooo.He's a genius

grin grin grin
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
MrOlai:

grin grin grin

Do you have any idea what he's up to at the moment? I no dey naija
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by MrOlai: 6:04am On Nov 03, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Do you have any idea what he's up to at the moment? I no dey naija

I've actually lost contact with him. But as at the last time, he was working with a company in Saudi Arabia.
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
MrOlai:

I've actually lost contact with him. But as at the last time, he was working with a company in Saudi Arabia.

Hmmmn really? I thought he was in Osun state?
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by AlBaqir(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2015
Sissie please I request you to do the needful. This beautiful thread is being derailed severally unfortunately by the OP himself. MrOlai, this is very disappointing. You open a thread and you've turned it quickly to personal conversation line. Maclatunji's side talk thread is there.

# Derailing your own very thread is a shameful act.

# Lying, deceiving and misguiding readers of this thread on false allegations about albaqir's statement portray how lowly you are in Iman and character. Your lies are fully exposed the moment you decided not to post the links where Albaqir made those statement. For the innocent viewers/readers, here's the link:
https://www.nairaland.com/1574876/holy-prophet-poisoned-killed-died

1 Like

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by AlBaqir(m): 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
PROPHET'S CALL WAS "STRAIGHTEN OF ROWS"

1. Abu Mas`ud reported: The Messenger of Allah (sa) used to gently pat our shoulders when we were standing in rows at the time of Salat and say, “Keep (the rows) straight; do not differ from each other lest your hearts should suffer from discord. Let those of you who are mature and prudent be nearer to me, and then those who are next to them.” [Muslim]

2. Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet (sa) said, “Straighten your rows for I see you from behind my back.” Anas added, “Everyone of us used to put his shoulder with the shoulder of his companion and his foot with the foot of his companion.” [Bukhari]

NB: The underlined statements are Anas' not the prophet.

3. Anas b. Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah (sa) said: Straighten your rows for the straightening of a row is a part of the perfection of prayer. [Muslim]

4. Narrated By Abdullah ibn Umar : The Prophet (sa) said: “Arrange the rows in order, stand shoulder to shoulder, close the gaps, be accommodating to your brothers, and do not leave gaps for Satan. Whoever joins up a row, he will be joined to Allah (i.e., to the Mercy of Allah); and whoever cuts off a row, he will be cut off from Allah (i.e., from His Mercy).” [Abu Dawud]

Side comment
Majority failed to understand the philosophy of standing straight in a row "shoulder to shoulder" rather than mechanical ignorant-publicized "let your shoulders and feet touched each other". Apparently, Prophet never ordered that going through those ahadith above rather his emphasis is on straighten the line, keeping to one another (not in a tightened form of discomfort we see today). This lowers ego when at least you see there is no difference between you and the person next to you, before Allah upon whom you stand.

And if the Prophet said "so that satan do not stand between you on the left gap", he never meant satan in his form for this creature whispers into mind rather than "physical" standing. What the Prophet meant is keeping distance between each other in row during salat MIGHT be as a result of pride, ego etc. For example, an arrogant rich man might not want to stand along with his poor brethren. This is handiwork of satan which the hadith guides against.

This ahadith are beautiful in its philosophical teachings. Unfortunately it is often preached too literal today.

Empiree thanks for posting those videos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by Empiree: 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
^ You welcome
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by MrOlai: 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
More Ahadith from the Prophet (SAW) on Straightening Rows in Salat:

Narated By Abdullah ibn Umar : The Prophet (pbuh) said: Set the rows in order, stand shoulder to shoulder, close the gaps, be pliant in the hands of your brethren, and do not leave openings for the devil. If anyone joins up a row, Allah will join him up, but if anyone breaks a row, Allah will cut him off.[Ref: Abu-Dawud Book 002, Hadith Number 0666]

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Make your rows straight, stand shoulder to shoulder and close the gaps, and do not resist your brothers’ hands. Do not leave any gaps for the Shaytaan. Whoever complete a row, Allaah will reward him, and whoever breaks a row, Allaah will forsake him.
(Abu Dawood said: What is meant by “Do not resist your brothers’ hands” is that a man should be easy-going if his brother pushes him forwards or backwards to make the row straight. (‘Awn al-Ma’bood).
[Ref: Narrated by Abu Dawood, 666; al-Nasaa’i, 819. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 620.] ..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by AlBaqir(m): 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
^Stand shoulder to shoulder doesn't mean "let your shoulders and feet join each other". If you translate this hadith literally by joining shoulders, how will a tall man join shoulder with a dwarf?
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by Empiree: 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
^^^^ Interesting.

Brief Derailment

One thing I also learned from here and that I have been trying to see if there is theoretical evidence for it, I easily bumped into it on this thread. I learned it from practical approach from shuyuk about 8 (eight) virtues that prophet Muhammad(SAW) has that other prophets do not have. One of them is mentioned along your references across the board.

They said rosul (SAW) does not look back. He sees and knows what's behind him anytime.

The hadith quoted above confirm that. But if the hadith is read literally, folks wont pay attention. This is why I like "Islamic Spiritualism". It gives practical implicit knowledge about everything.

Here is the hadith:

Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet (sa) said, “Straighten your rows for I see you from behind my back.” Anas added, “Everyone of us used to put his shoulder with the shoulder of his companion and his foot with the foot of his companion.” [Bukhari]

Among other virtues are:

* he does not yawn,

* when he sits in the company of people, he's always the tallest (even if a tallest man) sits next to him.

Just mentioned few.

Indeed, he's truly 'AKANDA EDA' - SallahAllahu Alaiy wa a'la aliy wasallam
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by MrOlai: 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
Salat-ul-Jam'a(Congregational Salat) During the Lifetime of the Prophet (SAW) by the Companions before the Prophet (SAW):

Anas ibn Malik (R.A) reported on their Salat:

“Everyone of us used to put his shoulder with the shoulder of his companion and his foot with the foot of his companion .”

[Bukhari]

1 Like

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by AlBaqir(m): 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
Empiree:
^^^^ Interesting.

Brief Derailment

One thing I also learned from here and that I have been trying to see if there is theoretical evidence for it, I easily bumped into it on this thread. I learned it from practical approach from shuyuk about 8 (eight) virtues that prophet Muhammad(SAW) has that other prophets do not have. One of them is mentioned along your references across the board.

They said rosul (SAW) does not look back. He sees and knows what's behind him anytime.

The hadith quoted above confirm that. But if the hadith is read literally, folks wont pay attention. This is why I like "Islamic Spiritualism". It gives practical implicit knowledge about everything.

Here is the hadith:

Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet (sa) said, “Straighten your rows for I see you from behind my back.” Anas added, “Everyone of us used to put his shoulder with the shoulder of his companion and his foot with the foot of his companion.” [Bukhari]

Among other virtues are:

* he does not yawn,

* when he sits in the company of people, he's always the tallest (even if a tallest man) sits next to him.

Just mentioned few.

Indeed, he's truly 'AKANDA EDA' - SallahAllahu Alaiy wa a'la aliy wasallam

The statement "I see you behind my back" is simply a common expression of emphasis on a command. It does not in anyway meant the Prophet actually "saw" what is behind him without looking back. This is an expression we all use in daily life e.g Father to his child, teacher to his student. Often time the statement will be like "I see you or do not think I don't know what is going on". And practically the person is not there at the scene. Its Mubalagha - its just to emphasis and in still orderliness.

# That Prophet does not yawn, that when he sits he's usually the tallest, "that his picture was not able to be drawn because he's like Chameleon". The list is endless brother. All these are just exaggerations with no proof whatsoever.

Allah has described His messenger in the best form in sublime and impeccable character and highest spirituality. This is the zenith of all descriptions and virtues. If you want detailed and unadulterated info about the Prophet, unlock the meaning of the Quran. In sahih ahadith narrated by Umm mumineen, Aisha, she was ask to describe her blessed husband. She said "He is a working and living Quran". So the more you can rationalize Quran, the more you are informed about the prophet.
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by Empiree: 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
na'am, wallahu alam
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by dragnet: 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Hmmmn really? I thought he was in Osun state?

Abu Naasir has relocated to Oshogbo Osun State from Kaduna where he was based before.

2 Likes

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by MrOlai: 12:10am On Aug 29, 2016
lanrexlan:
^^
Childish, all the videos above are NEVER from Shia scholars, they are Sunni just like yourself.Attacking Albaqir won't change anything.

Watch the videos and counter them

Foolish talk!

Stupidity of the highest order!

Birds of the same feather!
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by lanrexlan(m): 8:30am On Aug 29, 2016
MrOlai:

Foolish talk!

Stupidity of the highest order!

Birds of the same feather!
I thought you have changed over the months, but I am just making a grave mistake.

So much for the way of the salafs which you claimed you follow. Keep it up, only kids engage in abusive words and insults sire.

Peace
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by lanrexlan(m): 8:50am On Aug 29, 2016
MrOlai:

You're a fool! Simply because I've been keeping silent on all your attacks on me, you think I don't know what to say. All your atacks on me, what are they? Are they not insults and abusive?

Bring it on again! You'll forever regret it in your life. Animal!
Qur'an states:

Surah Al Furqan 25:63-- And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.

Don’t argue with idiots because they will
drag you down to their level and then
beat you with experience
. — Greg King

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may
not be able to tell the difference.
—Mark
Twain

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world--Bill Watterson

They say even death can't cure an idiot -Ririn

May Allah have mercy on your soul and heal you of your ailment. Will always remember you in du'a. Sorry bro
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 29, 2016
It was narrated that al-Nu’maan ibn Basheer said:

“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned to face the people and said, ‘Straighten your rows,’ three times, ‘for by Allaah either you straighten your rows or Allaah will create division among your hearts.’ [size=15pt]And I saw men standing shoulder to shoulder, knee to knee, ankle to ankle"[/size]

Points to note;

1.) The prophet ordered them to straighten their rows.

2.) The sahabas translated it as STANDING SHOULDER TO SHOULDER, KNEE TO KNEE, ANKLE TO ANKLE

3.) The sahabi that gave the narration said "and i saw them.." Which suggests he was praying with the prophet for the first time along with the other sahabas that has been praying with the prophet for long.

4.) The sahabas the narrator referred to were not praying with the prophet for the first time which suggests the prophet must have thought them that straightening of rows means to join their ankles, feets, and shoulders.

5.) The prophet didnt see anything wrong with it, therefore it is not baatil(falsehood) like the deviants on this thread claimed.

BE CAREFUL OF THESE DEVIANTS!!!

And Allaah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by MrOlai: 9:13am On Aug 29, 2016
lexiconkabir:
“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned to face the people and said, ‘Straighten your rows,’ three times, ‘for by Allaah either you straighten your rows or Allaah will create division among your hearts.’ [size=15pt]And I saw men standing shoulder to shoulder, knee to knee, ankle to ankle"[/size]
Points to note;
2.) The sahabas translated it as STANDING SHOULDER TO SHOULDER, KNEE TO KNEE, ANKLE TO ANKLE
3.) The sahabi that gave the narration said "and i saw them.." Which suggests he was praying with the prophet for the first time along with the other sahabas that has been praying with the prophet for long.
4.) The sahabas the narrator referred to were not praying with the prophet for the first time which suggests the prophet must have thought them that straightening of rows means to join their ankles, feets, and shoulders.
5.) The prophet didnt see anything wrong with it, therefore it is not baatil(falsehood) like the deviants on this thread claimed.
BE CAREFUL OF THESE DEVIANTS!!!
And Allaah knows best.

Those deviants have accomplices among the muslims who are backing and encouraging them! It'so shameful!
Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 29, 2016
MrOlai:

Those deviants have accomplices among the muslims who are backing and encouraging them! It'so shameful!

Actually i was referring to all the prople that claimed the sunnah is baatil as deviants.

I tried listening to first man that spoke and he just hammered on nu'man being 8years old, although i don't know where he got that from but even if it is true, is he saying an 8years old is not old enough to know whats going on? I still remember things that happened clearly when i was 5years, so he has no point.

1 Like

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by MrOlai: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Actually i was referring to all the people that claimed the sunnah is baatil as deviants.

I tried listening to first man that spoke and he just hammered on nu'man being 8years old, although i don't know where he got that from but even if it is true, is he saying an 8years old is not old enough to know whats going on? I still remember things that happened clearly when i was 5years, so he has no point.

Na'am.

1 Like

Re: Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat by AlBaqir(m): 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
lexiconkabir:

“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned to face the people and said, ‘Straighten your rows,’ three times, ‘for by Allaah either you straighten your rows or Allaah will create division among your hearts.’ And I saw men standing shoulder to shoulder, knee to knee, ankle to ankle"

Points to note;

@bold, In your own very word based on the hadith, Nabi salallahu alayhi wa ahli ordered them to straighten their role. Is there any ambiguity in that command? Is there a need to reinterpret the order of Nabi?

"And it behoves not a believing man and a believing woman that they should have any choice in their matter when Allah and His Apostle have decided a matter; and whoever disobeys Allah and His Apostle, he surely strays off a manifest straying" {surah Ahzab: 36}

lexiconkabir:

Al-Hafiz ibn Hajar al-Asqalani in the sharh of this hadith in his Fath al-Barr sharh Sahih al-Bukhari interpreted this as al-mubalagha - an exaggeration i.e an expression.

# Indeed standing shoulder to shoulder, knee to knee and ankle to ankle in saff is a mere expression to describe how people strive to maintain a straight line. If that statement is literal, then how on earth is it possible for a tall man and a dwarf or short man to stand shoulder to shoulder and knee to knee?

# It is normal for shoulders to touch each other where there is large Jama'ah. What is futile and never from the Prophet is the literal mechanical command that let your shoulders and feet touch each other. What Nabi salallahu alayhi wa ahli commanded in a clear, unambiguous statement is to maintain a straight line.

lexiconkabir:

Nah! Where is your evidence that the reporter was praying with the Prophet for the first time? None! Nu'man ibn Bashir was not even a baligh (matured) when Nabi died. He was around 6-8 years old when Nabi died. He merely reported what he saw.

lexiconkabir:

Going through all ahadith on this issue, it is crystal clear that Nabi's order before the establishment of salat as always been straighten your row. In fact sometimes he will say while backing them straighten your rows. Do not be crooked for I can still see you behind my back.

lexiconkabir:

And Allaah knows best.

Nabi's order to straighten row being part of validity of salat is crystal clear with no tafsir and that has always been his command throughout his entire life while leading salat. Commanding otherwise that feet and shoulders must touch each other as a requirement for the validity salat is batil. Only defiant will rule over Allah and His Prophet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prostration (Sujood) On Soil-What Is The Justification? / The Permissibility Of Observing Eid Maulid Dun-Nabi (Prophet' Birthday) / Muhammed Imagined That Abraham Built The Kaaba!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.