Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice (30556 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Adaeze003:
The only thing off about all this is, if the wife cheated, divorce will be the first option grin grin

But hey, what do I know...

before nko?
a cheating wife carries more weight than a cheating hubby. cheesy
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Adaeze003(f): 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Everybody knows there's no equality in marriage. Did the woman pay a dime to the husband's family to secure his hand in marriage? The man's the boss whether you're comfortable with it or not. It is what it is.

I don't care about all that really. Anyone can be the boss but there's nothing wrong in leaving a marriage whether there is a 50-50 split or not.

Money is not something stacked up for the male folk alone, women can fend for themselves so throwing punches at her is really petty for a "man".

We're all human we should make our decisions based on that, bride price or no bride price, give advise in a humane way and not be up and about mocking people who seek it just because you're some "man".

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Adaeze003(f): 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
coogar:

before nko?
a cheating wife carries more weight than a cheating hubby. cheesy

That's society for me I guess but doesn't mean women don't get hurt from finding out the man they lay with is busy sticking it in every hole.

It's basically the same thing. But then, who cares right?

True story or false story, getting a divorce by man or woman is not a bad thing if you feel you're treated poorly. That's my point.

10 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Joy1706(f): 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
Timbuktou:
Yeah, basically. grin grin

You go buy plenty Vicks o. The tin na subtle odour. Your nostrils have to be in top shape to even get a hint. grin grin grin
That's a lie. Child support is granted in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
Adaeze003:

That's society for me I guess but doesn't mean women don't get hurt from finding out the man they lay with is busy sticking it in every hole. It's basically the same thing. But then, who cares right?

of course, women get hurt when they find out their partners are flirting with other girls, never mind shtupping them. my point is the consequences of such liaisons are graver for women than men especially in marriage.

True story or false story, getting a divorce by man or woman is not a bad thing if you feel you're treated poorly. That's my point.

it depends!
every case should be assessed based on its merits. in most cases, divorce could be deemed selfish especially when there are kids involved. why should the kids suffer just because the so called adults can't sort themselves out?

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
Adaeze003:

I don't care about all that really. Anyone can be the boss but there's nothing wrong in leaving a marriage whether there is a 50-50 split or not.

Money is not something stacked up for the male folk alone, women can fend for themselves so throwing punches at her is really petty for a "man".

We're all human we should make our decisions based on that, bride price or no bride price, give advise in a humane way and not be up and about mocking people who seek it just because you're some "man".

Your post is all over the place. What, exactly, is your point?

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Your post is all over the place. What, exactly, is your point?

her point is - we should all encourage her to file for the divorce cos she has been maltreated.

adaeze is on fire! cheesy
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by babygirlfl: 9:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Adaeze003:
The only thing off about all this is, if the wife cheated, divorce will be the first option grin grin

But hey, what do I know...

True. Women knowing that they will get divorced if caught cheating will make a woman less likely to want to cheat. Until Nigerian women make the same stand, men will keep cheating on them as they wish.

7 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by raumdeuter: 9:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

True. Women knowing that they will get divorced if caught cheating will make a woman less likely to want to cheat. Until Nigerian women make the same stand, men will keep cheating on them as they wish.

Has this knowledge stopped or even reduced cheating in the other countries not named Nigeria?

On this forum it seems Nigeria is the worst place ever on earth

6 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by raumdeuter: 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
coogar:
her point is - we should all encourage her to file for the divorce cos she has been maltreated.

I was the first person to encourage that so give me my credits

I think a divorce tonight would be the best option. There should be a website that can even process the divorce for a small convenience fee. Or you can call 3-1-1 and do the divorce over the phone's IVR voice prompt. For divorce press 1, Child support press 2, Other options press 3

She said its a miracle she didnt harm him throughout the night. how do you know spending another night together wont make her do the unthinkable?

Divorce tonight abeg before it turns to something else

nevanevaland:

I think he's deranged.
Can't believe I didn't kill him before daybreak!

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
coogar:

Hehehe. Ada, you go tey for dat one o. Who no sabi say I be misogynist?

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

I wonder what you'll think of your present self when you stay in the west for 6months. smh

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

I was the first person to encourage that so give me my credits

I think a divorce tonight would be the best option.

She said its a miracle she didnt harm him throughout the night. how do you know spending another night together wont make her do the unthinkable?

Divorce tonight abeg before it turns to something else

tonight tonight?
i was about to suggest they call on family elders to deliberate on the matter before going to court. it seems i am too archaic for the 21st century marital union. grin

There should be a website that can even process the divorce for a small convenience fee. Or you can call 3-1-1 and do the divorce over the phone's IVR voice prompt. For divorce press 1, Child support press 2, Other options press 3

bwahahahaha
fast track divorce process. grin

Timbuktou:

Hehehe. Ada, you go tey for dat one o. Who no sabi say I be misogynist?

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by nasha1(f): 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

Has this knowledge stopped or even reduced cheating in the other countries not named Nigeria?

Some women on this forum are forever bitter.U will never find them in any constructive discussions,only when it is about divorce,separation nd men haters.those are men eaters i call them.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by babygirlfl: 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

When people know the consequences of their action, they think twice before engaging in it.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by babygirlfl: 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

I wonder what you'll think of your present self when you stay in the west for 6months. smh

Gabriel go get your visa to the west you so want to go yet pretend to hate.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
coogar:

tonight tonight?
i was about to suggest they call on family elders to deliberate on the matter before going to court. it seems i am too archaic for the 21st century marital union. grin
Family ke? Would you want your family to attempt placating a woman this cold? Abet, the guy is safer away from her. Otapiapia dey kill o, no be play.

I'm sorry, I had to let it off my chest. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

Gabriel go get your visa to the west you so want to go yet pretend to hate.

Ramota, I don't hate the west, I only love Nigeria more.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

When people know the consequences of their action, they think twice before engaging in it.

Like the long line of Nigerians desperate to die by the hands of Asian governments through drug trafficking? grin

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by raumdeuter: 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

Has the grave consequence of divorce in those countries not named Nigeria stopped cheating in those countries?

Did it even stop the President of the US Mr Bill Clinton from it? But I am sure if Clinton was a Nigerian all hell would have been let loose on how Nigeria is cursed

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Family me? Would you want your family to attempt placating a woman this cold? Abet, the guy is safer away from her. Otapiapia dey kill o, no be play.

you are correct!
she has the swag of a cold-blooded killer. cheesy

I'm sorry, I had to let it off my chest. grin grin

the truth shall set you free. cheesy
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by raumdeuter: 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
nasha1:
Some women on this forum are forever bitter.U will never find them in any constructive discussions,only when it is about divorce,separation nd men haters.those are men eaters i call them.

That is why I told them to go do it. From now on, I would be the greatest advocate of divorce. If your husband snores divorce him if he sneezes on the dining table divorce him

At least it would bring peace and quiet to this forum and we would stop hearing how terrible Nigerian men and Nigerian laws are. Who are just victimizing the angels called naija women

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by babygirlfl: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

Has the grave consequence of divorce in those countries not named Nigeria stopped cheating in those countries?

Did it even stop the President of the US Mr Bill Clinton from it? But I am sure if Clinton was a Nigerian all hell would have been let loose on how Nigeria is cursed

I don't think it will stop cheating. What I do know is that it will reduce the number of men who cheat on their wife.

When he cheated, it was not seen as normal. Is that the case in our country?
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by raumdeuter: 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
coogar:

tonight tonight?

Why should family deliberate on it? So we can have another opportunity to bash Nigerian elders as the worst on the planet again. Divorce is very easy

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

wetin be consequence when there's a correct fellatïo waiting in line? cheesy grin

raumdeuter:

Why should family deliberate on it? So we can have another opportunity to bash Nigerian elders as the worst on the planet again. Divorce is very easy

Timbuktou:
I dey tell you. Any family member that begs this woman does not love the guy. Probably a neglected uncle grin grin grin

ok fellas....
what about the church elders if you say family members are not credible enough? cheesy

Indeed, I feel liberated already grin grin

MINT!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
coogar:

you are correct!
she has the swag of a cold-blooded killer. cheesy
I dey tell you. Any family member that begs this woman does not love the guy. Probably a neglected uncle grin grin grin

the truth shall set you free. cheesy
Indeed, I feel liberated already grin grin
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

I don't think it will stop cheating. What I do know is that it will reduce the number of men who cheat on their wife.

Ok, so you don't really want to stop men cheating, you only want the general public to see it as not normal? Ever heard of Italy, or you think US and UK are the only two countries outside Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by bukatyne(f): 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
Interesting thread.

OP, do What you feel is best for you.

Bellong, TV01, etc. your opinion is needed on this thread.

I have my reasons.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by babygirlfl: 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Ok, so you don't really want to stop men cheating, you only want the general public to see it as not normal? Ever heard of Italy, or you think US and UK are the only two countries outside Nigeria?

Read the post again. Realistically, it's almost impossible to have 0% infidelity even the countries where people are stoned for infidelity still have those who will still cheat. However, a situation where men cheat so much that some think it's their right and with no consequences will have a higher percentage compared to where it is not acceptable and with consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by raumdeuter: 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

What did he lose after the claims? Nothing

I can give you several top men politicians in the US who have been caught cheating despite knowing the grave consequence and NOTHING ZILCH happened

This example would interest you

Scott DesJailais a congressman from tenessee Slept with several of his coworkers, slept with his patients, wrote false prescription for mistresses to get drugs What has happened to him? Nothing He is still in Congress till now

I can give you 20names off the top of my head of top politicians in the US not Nigeria, the people that have the most to lose yet have lost nothing

never mind celebrities like Kobe, Schwazerrneger etc

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

it won't.....
stop kidding yourself! even in countries where men stand to lose close to 70% of their net worth, infidelity still persists.

it was seen as very normal.
if it was hilary that cheated on bill clinton, they would have separated.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
coogar:

ok fellas....
what about the church elders if you say family members are not credible enough? cheesy

Guy, I'm beginning to suspect you in this matter. Something tells me OP is your sister or you just hate her husband naturally. angry grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour / Check Out This Adorable Four Generation Photoshoot / 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.