Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta - Poems For Review (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta (23188 Views)

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / NCPC Season 2: Weno & TheScrypt Emerge Winners Of The Renga Fiesta.... / The Roast: An NPC Initiative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by StepTwo: 10:46pm On Nov 02, 2015
be right back.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by porrigeyam(m): 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
cech stayed at Chelsea for 11 years, he was
sold to arsenal for a fee of 11m, Chelsea currently
have 11 point, the difference between arsenal
and Chelsea is 11 point, everything about Chelsea
is 11, I just hope morinho will not b sacked in this
11th month. angry grin

3 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Laveda(f): 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
joseph1832:

Hmm, Not bad, not bad at all. I bet you and Jigs were having a field day daydreaming. LOL.
it wasn't planned, jigs started grin
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by cutesmilez(f): 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
kul
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Rainiscoming: 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
grin

It's been long since I dropped a rhyme,
Never was an opportunity till now,
I've always thought it had gone with time,
What to do? When all think you a clown.
But tonight, I'm testing the water,
And I can see, I'm still a knife through butter.

9 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by joseph1832(m): 10:49pm On Nov 02, 2015
JigsawKillah:

lol we're learners in this aspect when compared to those like you
Those like me? Permit me to say there aren't any like me. LOL. (Just kidding)

Laveda:
it wasn't planned, jigs started grin
Its okay, no harm done. I will love to see/read the one that is really planned, perhaps you can humor me?. What sayeth thou? grin

LadyF thankgoodness you're not the first to comment here. And thank goodness its not LadyF again. tongue
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by welshv: 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
I am interested!
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by firestar(f): 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
It's about to go down.
cool
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Laveda(f): 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
joseph1832:

Its okay, no harm done. I will love to see/read the one that is really planned, perhaps you can humor me?. What sayeth thou? grin
grin grin joe there's nothing real for you to read
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Brytawon(m): 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
Eniqurl please can we do this? gringringrin
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by JigsawKillah(m): 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
Laveda:

he said 'planned'
we should plan one
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
Staggering aimlessly like the village drunk
He wobbled the bag into the truck's trunk
Looking up the sky, he saw his mother smile
Ten years long gone, yet she seemed not a mile
With his veins full of chilled strong gin
He struggled to the steering for the last drive

3 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by joseph1832(m): 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
Laveda:

The unreal is most times, what poetry is about. Imagery is key. grin so, humor me.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by HARDDON: 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
firestar:
It's about to go down.
cool

And down deep let it sip
My mind trip, let it bleep
Out of itz crib, into itz ink let it drip
Freeze peeps, rip ribs
To dah beating brews
Jerk off thou chilly Quills

Here is to mah....
Quiet Quill

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Tintinnoty(m): 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Ferdinandu(m): 11:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
From the bliss of a mind in revery

I build my castle

From deep heart of a dreamer I rule my world

An Arabian Prince I dreamed to be

I wish I had the Magic word

I wish I am a god in my Kingdom

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by babyfaceafrica: 11:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
Life is a Market,

Where mortals trade.

Some stay for so long,

Others so short,that it goes unnoticed.

But one thing is certain,

We are all going home.

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by barcaboi(m): 11:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
llaykorn:
Introduction:

The Nairaland Poetry Club
is here again with it's second edition of the Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition: a challenge created to keep this part of the literature section alive, and to promote team work among Nairaland poets. This year's is a slightly upgraded version of last year's (where the duo of Royver and Krystalxx proved themselves to be the best competitors) as all our finalists will be made to write rengas, hence earning this season of the contest it's alternate name: The Renga Fiesta.

Guidelines:

1. Two poets shall be paired randomly to write together and submit a single poem of any theme.

2. The poem may be submitted by either of the poets,
provided that every verse/stanza written shall have the
name of the poet who wrote the verse at the top of it.

3. The competition shall be of two rounds. All genres and styles of poetry of a maximum of 60 lines shall be accepted in the first round. All poems exceeding 60 lines shall not be accepted

4. At the end of the first round, fourteen (14) of the best poets (7 pairs) shall proceed to the next stage where rengas will be submitted. The winning pair of poets will emerge from these seven (7).

5. Our impeccable judges shall follow the outline below to
grade all submitted poems in the first round:

i. Organization/Structure (20 marks)

ii. Poetic Devices: (20 marks)

iii. Grammatical Accuracy: (20 marks)

iv. Strength Of Mood / Emotional Intensity (20 marks)

v. Analysis (20 marks)

Obtainable Total: 100 marks

- This outline shall be followed to grade all poems in the second round:

i. Compliance To Renga Rules (50 marks)

ii. Grammatical Accuracy (20 marks)

iii. Poetic Devices (20 marks)

iv. Organization/Structure (10 marks)

Obtainable Total: 100 marks

6. Your analysis - preferably brief and concise - should be submitted with the poems.

7. Registration will close on Sunday, the 8th of November and pairings will be done on Sunday, the 8th of November. A total of 5 (five) days will be awarded to the paired poets to work together as the first round submissions will be made on Friday, the 13th of November. Our judges will score the submitted pieces on the Saturday and Sunday, the 14th and 15th of November. The 7 pairs of poets who move on to the next stage will on Monday, the 16th of November be awarded another 5 days to work together and bring their rengas to our judges' table by the end of Friday, the 20th of November. The winning pair of poets will be announced on Sunday, the 22nd of November.

8. Previously published poems, whether electronically or otherwise will not be accepted. All submissions will be checked for plagiarism. Posters of plagiarized or previously published pieces will be disqualified from the competition and banned from Nairaland.

9. Scores by judges for all pairs of contestants will be added together to obtain their total scores for both rounds of the competition.

Eligibility:

1. Be a member of Nairaland.
2. Submit in the comment box a six (6) line poem. That is your entry fee.

Judges:

A team of six (6) accomplished poets and poetry teachers have volunteered their time to put fairness to use in judging the submitted pieces. Three (3) will judge the first round, and the other three (3) will be judges of the second round of the competition.

Prizes:

A sum of 6,000 naira each for the winning pair.
A sum of 4,000 naira each for the runner-ups.
I’m a son so Prodigal
In other climes, I am viewed as a
Radical
But sit back, relax and let's be Practical
Can I win this contest on Nairaland?
Pet section is my Fort
Kerry and Eve are my Cross;
Very soon they'll pay my Lot
Venturing outta my comfort zone, why not?
This is just a Freestyle,
To see if I can win some Dimes,
Playing with Rhymes.

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Laveda(f): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
JigsawKillah:

he said 'planned'

we should plan one
And what do you think?
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
There is a land not far away

Filled with honey and milky juices

Wedged between fleshy branches

Covered from dirt with dark thick bushes

There I must go, and I must make hay

For my path is made on your narrow way!

wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Laveda(f): 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
joseph1832:
The unreal is most times, what poetry is about. Imagery is key. grin so, humor me.
Just chill grin
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by uncjay(m): 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
Chanting the soliloquy

Dawn the earth

Whisking the melodies

Euphoria covers the beam

In him speak to all

Yet speaks to no one

I'm in for this too....

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Announcer007(m): 11:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
Announcer back on the mic
From place of solace dropping it like its hot
Back on the days when peeps got ma back
While drole bark hoo
Pink cardillac on my drive
Hoos on my mind n Charlie to the gees

Holla

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
ladyF:
Interesting......LadyF will be observing.

As I dey here dey observe
Na on top my mat I dey
in this cold weather for 2
I just dey reason how this week go be
make Friday come sharp sharp make I go flex
life is too short to be unhappy

lol I hope I make next round. grin

#My#Opinion grin grin grin
lame, ain't yhu ashame doing dis sh!t all over again? but hey! I know you're fake'. now you're going astray'' Oh what a shame''

*drops mic and walk out*
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by obiZEAL(m): 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
lets do this
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by obiZEAL(m): 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
The tragedy of an unlived life
The anguish of a fruitless thrive
Who knows the pain I feel
When life presents a scar time can't heal
I just put on my mask of smiles
Hoping to find solace down the isle.

OP I'm in!
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by llaykorn: 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ugliest:
lame, ain't yhu ashame doing dis sh!t all over again? but hey! I know you're fake'. now you're going astray'' Oh what a shame''

*drops mic and walk out*

Crazy... grin
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Wadasco(m): 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
after the red beat the blues then FA bans mour one match also ask mour to pay some pounds l pitty him for the match ban also pitty him for the fine l pray for his stays at club dispite the challengs
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by emaculate99: 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ugliest:

*drops mic and walk out*
hope you have taken ur pills?
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by panch001(m): 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
freedom is a debt somehow,
somewhere, somebody made sacrifices for the freedom
you are enjoying today and very few of us are presented
with the opportunity to repay their debt.

#bringbackourgirls

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
"DEATH"

What would I give to come back
Now I be among the immotals
Now the shadow,i fear at night
That moment I came,i tried
it's only part luck,i never saw it
Breath could flee or seize

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Rhymes / The Last Monkey In Idanre / What If I Am A Black Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.