Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta - Poems For Review (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta (23149 Views)

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / NCPC Season 2: Weno & TheScrypt Emerge Winners Of The Renga Fiesta.... / The Roast: An NPC Initiative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Wadasco(m): 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
1. after the red beat the blues.
2. then FA bans mour one match.
3. also ask mour to pay some pounds.
4. l pitty him for the match ban.
5. also pitty him for the fine.
6. l pray for his stays at dispite the challengs.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by joseph1832(m): 11:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
Laveda:
Just chill grin
Hopefully, there might not be a next episode. cheesy
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
emaculate99:

hope you have taken ur pills?
no you're the one that need pills' , if u dare fu*k wif mhi imma drill ya blood

*spits on ya face*
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Emyemyberry(m): 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
For this our romance
distance is no barrier:proximity is no guaranty
this were my thoughts in her presence
she smiles in affirmation,for her ears were on my chest
therefore,i got no secrets in her presence.
So she's mine:and i am hers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
ok.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by shut(f): 11:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Zikmarty wink
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
These Men..

I gazed with utter candour
These men were without valour
Seeing right through their motions
And casting so much aspersions
With no time limiting factors
Surely these men are failures.

2 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by ILoveToto(m): 11:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
miszeno:
"DEATH"

What would I give to come back
Now I be among the immotals
Now the shadow,i fear at night
That moment I came,i tried
it's only part luck,i never saw it
Breath could flee or seize

Wow best poem ever
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Announcer007(m): 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
For seventeen I thought we got a thing
Now my back on the wall n you show me a thing
Damn bae ur cold like a steal
After the rain comes the shine
Lucky I got my magic wand
What goes around comes around

Holla
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Stoical: 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
She wears such a smile, the sun thus jealous.
With shinny teeth, only diamonds can compete.
Sure, though pretty, she could be very dangerous;
As her wickedness is often shrouded in secrecy.
Oh yeah! she still remains a symbol of love
To those who are blind to her intrigues...

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by LarryBeryl(m): 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
PRICE OF OBJECTIVISM
Objectivism has paid a good price A price of beauty I never dreamed And fortune that carries no lies The beacon of happiness has beamed
Ma heart wears a sparkling jewelry Sparkling my mood for d world to see Ma food is placed with a perfect cutlery Dined by Divine for me to have a glee
Chapter of emotional loneliness has ended The walls of sadness was bridged The candle of hope was kindled As She stabbed loneliness I never enjoyed
Never knew Objectivism could be this lucrative Paid a life fee for a token job done A fee that could make life positive Cos of enjoyment of happiness in d love zone

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by xoxoxoxoxox: 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
The rumblings of thunder
Made my fears ponder
On life, eternal courage
After life, my passage.
Men of honour conceives,
Only God Forgives.

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by acesoul(m): 11:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
Beyond the smile is the excitement of the spirit

Beyond the laughter is the joy in the soul

Beyond the calmness of the body is the settlement of the mind

it goes beyond the celebration, it is the jubilation for freedom

it goes beyond the eating, it is the feeding of the spirit

it goes beyond a day, it is forever.

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by ZYZZA: 11:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
The sun fads behind the cold cloud, and
the star already washed away.
The earth breathing out it soft wind on us.
The birds run for cover as the sky turns grey
The kids are out in joy singing, "it here again",
Smiles and the dance of the crops welcomes the rain

2 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by ILoveToto(m): 11:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
"COMMITMENT"

When they saw a contest
I took it to prove my best
Though a project, yet I yearn for fame
Now, my belief has gone past a game
Making me moon in my clouds
Ripping the galaxy with my stars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by LarryBeryl(m): 11:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
PRICE OF OBJECTIVISM
Objectivism has paid a good price
A price of beauty I never dreamed
And fortune that carries no lies
The beacon of happiness has beamed

Ma heart wears a sparkling jewelry
Sparkling my mood for d world to see
Ma food is placed with a perfect cutlery
Dined by Divine for me to have a glee

Chapter of emotional loneliness has ended
The walls of sadness was bridged
The candle of hope was kindled
As She stabbed loneliness I never enjoyed

Never knew Objectivism could be this lucrative
Paid a life fee for a token job done
A fee that could make life positive
Cos of enjoyment of happiness in d love zone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Divepen1(m): 12:02am On Nov 03, 2015
Greet the sea
and tell it of my wishes
how I love to dwell in riches
and spend the rest of my minutes
thinking of my beloved sleep
or falling into it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 03, 2015
TITLE- THE WAR WITHIN A DREAMER. (Ademola Oladayo)

There was yet little familiarity between me and this horrible sphere

When two pens loaded with milk shot fertilized dreams in my mouth

Now I'm no more a suckling but a clueless dreamer with a flair

How to plant this dream is vague and in clouds

I feel like an innocent prisoner is struggling within me

The shout of freedom in a whisper

The first line means I was still a child that just came into this earth- the sphere. Trying to familiarize myself with it.
The second line- two pens shoot fertilized dreams in my mouth- it means mom's two breasts feeding me, her words and her lessons. Like my son, you are born to be great.
Third line- now I am no more a suckling. I am no more a child but now an adult who is confused.
Fourth line- how to plant the dream is still unclear. Vague and covered in clouds
fifth line- I feel like an innocent prisoner is struggling within me- The dream is d prisoner. It wishes to come out. I wish to become somebody
sixth line- a SHOUT of freedom in a WHISPER- Now that is pure oxymoron. How can a shout be a whisper? But then, your thought like a whisper is so loud within that you can hardly contain it most time.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by toyejohnson(m): 12:13am On Nov 03, 2015
DESCENDING
and the end draws near, its already here

message of my rebirth pierces the ear

for the son of the mighty shall tremble in fear

as raven darkness domineers men in a lurking snare

and our hearts gets smeared in a perpetual flair

then the Almighty conquers the earth like a raging bear

.......@'toyejohnson
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by superemmy(m): 12:22am On Nov 03, 2015
Memories of pain have torn me apart
I dream in vain yet I'm widely alert
For the sorrows of love I cry my soul
This emptiness fills my very dark hole
Debbie, my love, my sweet black mole
Only you can truly make me whole

5 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by fm25odumoye(m): 12:22am On Nov 03, 2015
Gba!!!
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by superemmy(m): 12:23am On Nov 03, 2015
Memories of pain have torn me apart
I dream in vain yet I'm widely alert
For the sorrows of love I cry my soul
This emptiness fills my very dark hole
Debbie, my love, my sweet black mole
Only you can truly make me whole

2 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by friends4ever(m): 12:29am On Nov 03, 2015
He who do he do he
If you can't beat them you join them
Agaracha must come back
Kwaka kwaka before you bataism
Practice makes perfect
Do not trouble trouble, until trouble troubles you
What goes around comes around
Pikin wey say mama nor go sleep, him too nogo sleep grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by herrdeustch: 12:32am On Nov 03, 2015
llaykorn:
Introduction:

The Nairaland Poetry Club
is here again with it's second edition of the Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition: a challenge created to keep this part of the literature section alive, and to promote team work among Nairaland poets. This year's is a slightly upgraded version of last year's (where the duo of Royver and Krystalxx proved themselves to be the best competitors) as all our finalists will be made to write rengas, hence earning this season of the contest it's alternate name: The Renga Fiesta.

Guidelines:

1. Two poets shall be paired randomly to write together and submit a single poem of any theme.

2. The poem may be submitted by either of the poets,
provided that every verse/stanza written shall have the
name of the poet who wrote the verse at the top of it.

3. The competition shall be of two rounds. All genres and styles of poetry of a maximum of 60 lines shall be accepted in the first round. All poems exceeding 60 lines shall not be accepted

4. At the end of the first round, fourteen (14) of the best poets (7 pairs) shall proceed to the next stage where rengas will be submitted. The winning pair of poets will emerge from these seven (7).

5. Our impeccable judges shall follow the outline below to
grade all submitted poems in the first round:

i. Organization/Structure (20 marks)

ii. Poetic Devices: (20 marks)

iii. Grammatical Accuracy: (20 marks)

iv. Strength Of Mood / Emotional Intensity (20 marks)

v. Analysis (20 marks)

Obtainable Total: 100 marks

- This outline shall be followed to grade all poems in the second round:

i. Compliance To Renga Rules (50 marks)

ii. Grammatical Accuracy (20 marks)

iii. Poetic Devices (20 marks)

iv. Organization/Structure (10 marks)

Obtainable Total: 100 marks

6. Your analysis - preferably brief and concise - should be submitted with the poems.

7. Registration will close on Sunday, the 8th of November and pairings will be done on Sunday, the 8th of November. A total of 5 (five) days will be awarded to the paired poets to work together as the first round submissions will be made on Friday, the 13th of November. Our judges will score the submitted pieces on the Saturday and Sunday, the 14th and 15th of November. The 7 pairs of poets who move on to the next stage will on Monday, the 16th of November be awarded another 5 days to work together and bring their rengas to our judges' table by the end of Friday, the 20th of November. The winning pair of poets will be announced on Sunday, the 22nd of November.

8. Previously published poems, whether electronically or otherwise will not be accepted. All submissions will be checked for plagiarism. Posters of plagiarized or previously published pieces will be disqualified from the competition and banned from Nairaland.

9. Scores by judges for all pairs of contestants will be added together to obtain their total scores for both rounds of the competition.

Eligibility:

1. Be a member of Nairaland.
2. Submit in the comment box a six (6) line poem. That is your entry fee.

Judges:

A team of six (6) accomplished poets and poetry teachers have volunteered their time to put fairness to use in judging the submitted pieces. Three (3) will judge the first round, and the other three (3) will be judges of the second round of the competition.

Prizes:

A sum of 6,000 naira each for the winning pair.
A sum of 4,000 naira each for the runner-ups.

I munch my brunch of flowers
and flush my hands with showers
I plush my tum with melons
and fill me up like gallons
my torso filled with powers
I'm good to go for hours

Add me up.I love poetry grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 12:33am On Nov 03, 2015
It's my birthday today! A 'like' from you means 'thank you' to God on my behalf. Help me give a lot of thanks to my God, my creator

6 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by bys: 12:40am On Nov 03, 2015
After pondering for minutes on my bed
Time; as a subject came into my head
Time;they say heals all wounds
Time hunts me just like hounds
Cos My broken heart,it fails to heal
But Time eventually wounds all Heels

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Stoical: 12:53am On Nov 03, 2015
Immortals Weep on the Mortals

Look! The cloud is running away with its tears
And it carries with it an ocean of tears from the immortals.
Today, we are spared of its wailing.
Yesterday, the mortals where bathed with their tears.
What can we do when they decide to weep?
We can only hope tomorrow is a better day.

2 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Iduzenoni: 1:16am On Nov 03, 2015
When she show up in my presence i feel my blood rush, blood rush to my head like a dam flood, floods my sense of reasoning cos she is my damn crush, and the urge to say "Hi" is a lost cause, i just might be dumbfounded or.....or just lovestruck

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 03, 2015
I CAN SEE IT. Pictures in my head of diamonds by the bay /life comes in grade form making el-dorado our way /for icons of illuminati may fade away /if only you can close your eyes and see the dreams living in a better place /magnificent white in theatre art class, what a lovely show to embrace /Addis ababa would have been the best place if Lord Lugard had entered my mama's space.

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Lagaritha(m): 1:31am On Nov 03, 2015
In a quest to cure boredom and grief,
As usual in Nairaland I was adrift,
Never had the inkling of a lift

Fame by poetry might be on the spot,
But I know all are owned by dust
Still, give me a pen let me take a shot

3 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by kagari: 1:46am On Nov 03, 2015
Season comes, season goes
the pen speaks, the pen glows
the mind thinks, the mind grows
the heart speaks, the heart flows
kagari sits, kagari knows
a poet right from the marrows

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by adeagbo101(m): 1:58am On Nov 03, 2015
Whence would thy 'ward come from? Would thou continue to toil 'n' moil to no avail? 'orget thy harsh 'rientation, thy nabobs shall prolong to reign 'nd reign they shall! If thou art 'not the heart of a lion 'nd thou proceed to hushaby, thou shall for eternity reap 'hat thou art soweth 'nd leave for thy children's children. Copyright c. Adeagbo Victor 2015 All rights reserved

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Rhymes / The Last Monkey In Idanre / What If I Am A Black Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.