Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (69865 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2009
FBS:

grin grin grin
trying to stay awake. The BAyerN vs MU match is a sleep pill.  grin
But you did not answer the question.  cool grin grin

U sure u not preggers boss?
Dozing has become a firm hobby of yours. . . grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

U sure u not preggers boss?
Dozing has become a firm hobby of yours. . . grin

nah dude. . .when was the last time I did that. the match is simply boring.
waiting for your answer though. . . wink cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2009
FBS:

nah dude. . .when was the last time I did that. the match is simply boring.
waiting for your answer though. . . wink cheesy

FBS abeg free me jare. . . . I have told you i am ARSENAL FC in and out! grin wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

FBS abeg free me jare. . . . I have told you i am ARSENAL FC in and out! grin wink
grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2009
If Kolo is not just saying insiders about his impending transfer just to avoid a backlash, then it re-enforces the theory knows alot we dont. If he knew he'd be losing kolo then it wouldn't be presumptuos to say that adequate arrangements (according to Kolo) "are in the pipeline". undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2009
Missed here . . . .wld miss Kolo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 12:13am On Jul 31, 2009
Please any gunner still awake should try getting hold of what Jalether posted at 11:13 pm, yesterday 30th july. Read the part after the hyperlink to the milan rejection story. grin , ammunition for a rainy day i tell you. make sure y'all read it when you wake up . It should make a tabloid headline. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 12:15am On Jul 31, 2009
Oops ! It's on the Chav thread.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:21am On Jul 31, 2009
Why're we talking bout small teams like Bayern??
Come on, that's a record low . . . I'd rather sit here and discuss Derby County

Now that 3 time EPL back to back champions have been disgraced by Bayern, what would happen to amateurs like Gayyners

Without Ribery, Klose and Lucatoni we still whopped a Man Utd team who started with VDS, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani Fletcher, Scholes Giggs Berbatov and Owen . Rooney Anderson all played a part Only Vidic is the only notable regular missing and were still tonked

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Let them come and explain how the serial EPL champs were disgraced by a bunch of youth players.

Breno, Badstuber, Muller are all teenagers or just 20

SHAME on the EPL cos if 3 times back to back EPL champs were disgraced like this, what would happen to minnows like Ass-anal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by invisible2(m): 5:48am On Jul 31, 2009
The rumour mills are busy again, Fabregas seen in Madrid, any plans to sign for Real?

Which big player will want to still stay with a buncha mediocres and be certain from the beginning that he will win nothing?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 6:37am On Jul 31, 2009
dayokanu:

Now that 3 time EPL back to back champions have been disgraced by Bayern, what would happen to amateurs like Gayyners

Without Ribery, Klose and Lucatoni we still whopped a Man Utd team who started with VDS, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani Fletcher, Scholes Giggs Berbatov and Owen . Rooney Anderson all played a part Only Vidic is the only notable regular missing and were still tonked

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Let them come and explain how the serial EPL champs were disgraced by a bunch of youth players.

Breno, Badstuber, Muller are all teenagers or just 20

SHAME on the EPL cos if 3 times back to back EPL champs were disgraced like this, what would happen to minnows like Ass-anal?
YOu call that disgraced? did you even watch the match sef? It went on to penalties. The most boring match of pre-season so far. Neither side could get a goal in 90 mins of rubbish football.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 7:43am On Jul 31, 2009
invisible!:

The rumour mills are busy again, Fabregas seen in Madrid, any plans to sign for Real?

Which big player will want to still stay with a buncha mediocres and be certain from the beginning that he will win nothing?

Don't you think it's 'daft' of you to post this kind of rubbish so early in the morning?
Look at the 'man in the mirror' and he will tell you the TRUTH!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 7:57am On Jul 31, 2009
debosky:

What is new in this story? We all knew City tried to buy Kolo in January so there's no revelation there. All he said is that there was some talk of going to City. He handed in a transfer request but we flatly rejected it then.
Abeg.Debo, tell them
Maybe they didnt read the news back then.
Once Vermealen was signed, we knew one of Toure and Gallas would leave.
It was only a matter of time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 8:15am On Jul 31, 2009
HNIC:

Abeg.Debo, tell them
Maybe they didnt read the news back then.
Once Vermealen was signed, we knew one of Toure and Gallas would leave.
It was only a matter of time.
oh i see
when you buy, you sell grin grin

i tot the plan for wenger was to add to the defenders he had cos he singled out the backline as the place to shore up.
so why would an addition be equal to a subtraction?

it makes no sense, dont you think so.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 8:15am On Jul 31, 2009
Arsene Wenger is poised to break into the £40million he has received from Manchester City by tying up a deal for long-term target Blaise Matuidi.

And it looks increasingly likely the youngster will be mentored by Patrick Vieira, who could be on his way back to Arsenal.

But the fact that Wenger is considering bringing back ex-skipper Vieira in a sensational move will really capture their imagination.
Matuidi, 22, fits the profile of a typical Wenger signing and the same is true of his only summer capture thus far, defender Thomas Vermaelen, 23, who joined in a £10m deal from Ajax.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1203323/Patrick-Vieira-set-return-Arsenal-Blaise-glory.html

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:53am On Jul 31, 2009
tkb417:

oh i see
when you buy, you sell grin grin

i tot the plan for wenger was to add to the defenders he had cos he singled out the backline as the place to shore up.
so why would an addition be equal to a subtraction?

it makes no sense, dont you think so.

@Tkb417,
Nope
Gallas and Toure combo never worked because they are both Similar players.
The traditional number 5!
Our best performances in defence generally had always been Gallas/Senderos, Toure/senderos,Gallas/Djorou or Toure/Djorou
(You can see I tacitly didnt include The Geriatric one grin)
Apart from the fact that combo didnt work, they didnt get along in real life.
It got so bad, that KT leaked it to the Press and
AW also commented about it in the PRESS!!!(I have never heard him comment about such before)
Things got so bad in january that KT(Mr Arsenal) handed in a transfer request.
Many of us dismissed it as a joke, but by the end of the window, it was well known that it actually opened.
KT even gave an interview on arsenal.com to reiterate that he's commited to the cause,bla,bla, bla
In fact, in many Arsenal blogsites, the debate has been raging since end of 08/09 season over who should go,Gallas or KT?
with many, though, admiting that KT has lost form since the ACN, but on sentimental reasons would prefer him to stay.
(So many arsenal fans still can't get over the fact that an ex-Chav was made a Captain of Arsenal)
It was only a matter of time, before one of them left,and since Gallas quashed the rumour of his leaving us, KT looked like the person to go.
Wenger hasn't said he's through with his signing of defenders.
Another one may come in to join Vermalen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 9:10am On Jul 31, 2009
@Tkb417,
Nope
Gallas and Toure combo never worked because they are both Similar players.
that doesnt apply to modern day footie
Terry and Carlvalho are similar in thier approach to games and they had a solid understanding b4 injury crept in
RIO and Terry for national team and some other examples like dt
modern day football will not look at 5 or 6 b4 going for players. Ability is the mian thing

The traditional number 5!
Our best performances in defence generally had always been Gallas/Senderos, Toure/senderos,Gallas/Djorou or Toure/Djorou
(You can see I tacitly didnt include The Geriatric one )
Apart from the fact that combo didnt work, they didnt get along in real life.
Gallas will only get along with a lesser being. When ure up and doing and you measure up status with him, he throws tantrums
hes a lunatic

It got so bad, that KT leaked it to the Press and
AW also commented about it in the PRESS!!!(I have never heard him comment about such before)
Things got so bad in january that KT(Mr Arsenal) handed in a transfer request.
Many of us dismissed it as a joke, but by the end of the window, it was well known that it actually opened.
KT even gave an interview on arsenal.com to reiterate that he's commited to the cause,bla,bla, bla
In fact, in many Arsenal blogsites, the debate has been raging since end of 08/09 season over who should go,Gallas or KT?
you guys bought a problem child and want to crucify the peaceful one

with many, though, admiting that KT has lost form since the ACN, but on sentimental reasons would prefer him to stay.
(So many arsenal fans still can't get over the fact that an ex-Chav was made a Captain of Arsenal)
It was only a matter of time, before one of them left,and since Gallas quashed the rumour of his leaving us, KT looked like the person to go.
Wenger hasn't said he's through with his signing of defenders.
Another one may come in to join Vermalen.
all ur players have lost form
I think form in footie is directly related to the form of the team in question. when a team is passing thru difficulties, it tells on the players
Gallas, Clichy, Almunia all had some teriible spells and i dont think KT shld be singled out
Fabregas too was a bit lukewarm last season

nuff said, dude is gone; who are you buying?
how many are you buying cos to me, ure back to square one. Buy one lose one doesnt sound good to me cos you people had defensive issues in terms of numbers, quality and all.

Now debosky
i wanna remind you of ur crazy arithmetic of being 300% better than UTD cos u didnt lose any player as at that time
do ur maths again and lets know what you come up with
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 9:23am On Jul 31, 2009
Who talk say Terry and Carvalho are similar? SMH.

Toure and Gallas are both field niggas like I said earlier. Two house niggas (Rio and Terry) can play together but 2 field niggas can never play together. Kolo Toure is a disgrace to the art of defending. Man City will reap his incompetence.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 9:25am On Jul 31, 2009
Ibime:

Who talk say Terry and Carvalho are similar? SMH.

Toure and Gallas are both field niggas like I said earlier. Two house niggas (Rio and Terry) can play together but 2 field niggas can never play together. Kolo Toure is a disgrace to the art of defending. Man City will reap his incompetence.
speak my language abi sagbama don dey teach u street yarns
which one be field niggar and street niggar

wetin dey do u grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2009
tkb417:

[b]all ur players have lost form[/b]I think form in footie is directly related to the form of the team in question. when a team is passing thru difficulties, it tells on the players
Gallas, Clichy, Almunia all had some teriible spells and i dont think KT shld be singled out
Fabregas too was a bit lukewarm last season

nuff said, dude is gone; who are you buying?
how many are you buying cos to me, ure back to square one. Buy one lose one doesnt sound good to me cos you people had defensive issues in terms of numbers, quality and all.

Now debosky
i wanna remind you of ur crazy arithmetic of being 300% better than UTD cos u didnt lose any player as at that time
do ur maths again and lets know what you come up with

No way. . . .
Almunia's best season as an Arsenal player was probably last season. . .
and with some of the injury woes,the likes of Nasri, RvP and Song(2nd half of the season) were outstanding.
Truth be told,Kolo has not been the same player since returning from ACN 08.
I am a great fan and would always hold him special.
I wrote here that i am still gutted he was sold, but eh, he can't play for Arsenal forever.
Wish him the very best at Citeh and hope he break's Ade's ankles in training grin
Meanwhile, we've sold 2, bought 1.
A correct asessment can only happen on September 1, 2009
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:31am On Jul 31, 2009
tkb417:

that doesnt apply to modern day footie
Terry and Carlvalho are similar in thier approach to games and they had a solid understanding b4 injury crept in
RIO and Terry for national team and some other examples like dt
modern day football will not look at 5 or 6 b4 going for players. Ability is the mian thing
Terry and carvalho are not similar
Terry is a traditional stopper, last man in defence, while Carvalho plays in front of him.
Vidic is a traditional stopper also, while Rio plays in front of him
Campbelll was a traditional stopper, while KT played in front of him.
Though,modern footie has changed all this, with so many strange formations etc,
but footie is still traditional by nature!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2009
tkb417:

speak my language abi sagbama don dey teach u street yarns
which one be field niggar and street niggar

wetin dey do u grin grin grin

The analogy is simple. . . . during slavery, House niggas were more educated than Field niggas cos they served in the Masters house and had access to education. . . . therefore the intelligent defenders (Rio, Vidic, Terry, Hangeland, Adeleye etc) who have the footie intelligence to organise the defence are called House niggas. . . . the ones who are puppets on a string and are only there because they are physically strong or fast, but cannot organise the offside line and positioning (Toure, Gallas, Richards, Onyekachi Apam etc) are called field niggas!  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 9:35am On Jul 31, 2009
Ibime:

The analogy is simple. . . . during slavery, House niggas were more educated than Field niggas cos they served in the Masters house and had access to education. . . . therefore the intelligent defenders (Rio, Vidic, Terry, Hangeland, Adeleye etc) who have the footie intelligence to organise the defence are called House niggas. . . . the ones who are puppets on a string (to be controlled by House niggas) and are only there because they are physically strong or fast, but cannot organise the offside line and positioning (Toure, Gallas, Richards, Onyekachi Apam etc) are called field niggas! grin
so Gallas and KT are both field niggas
so they need a house nigga now? grin

u don kolo
so are you saying Carlvalho isnt a house nigga? i think he is
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 9:36am On Jul 31, 2009
Nah. . . . Carvalho is a House!. . . . but he must play the position of Field nigga when alongside Terry cos Terry's organisational skills are better than his. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 9:42am On Jul 31, 2009
Ibime:

Nah. . . . Carvalho is a House!. . . . but he must play the position of Field nigga when alongside Terry cos Terry's organisational skills are better than his. grin
exactly what im saying. In this case, who do you call the 5 or 6?
both are natural stoppers but can switch roles if need be.

HNIC
all those stoppers and sweepers thingy are just academic abeg
Rio can play as a last man depending on whos beside him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2009
@ Ibime,
How about Silvestre. . . 'the  geriatric'?
which kind nigga im be? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 9:45am On Jul 31, 2009
HNIC:

@ Ibime,
How about Silvestre. . . 'the geriatric'?
that guy na floating nigga grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2009
tkb417:

that guy na floating nigga grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 10:36am On Jul 31, 2009
HNIC:

@ Ibime,
How about Silvestre. . . 'the geriatric'?

He's the HNIC. . . . the Head Nigga in Charge. . . . not because he's in charge. . . but because of the size of his HEAD! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:38am On Jul 31, 2009
I guess Vermaelen is the new house nigga then since he was Ajax captain he must've had some ability to organise?

Enough of this nigga nonsense jare.  tongue

Finally we'll be able to see the lads play at home against serious opposition (no offense Hannover). The Emirates Cup games and the match against Valencia should show us how far/near we are to the type of team we need this season.

That said, the rumor mill has gone mental today – Matuidi, Vieira and the most improbable of all…De Rossi!  shocked undecided

DDR is currently priced at £30m by Roma though he might go for less given their current financial troubles. That said, I don’t think he’s on sale and I don’t think we can afford it neither are we interested. Some twats have been editing Wiki and sticking fake pictures all over the place…showing that it’s simply the work of bored speculators.

If Wenger signs a player for that much, especially a defensive one…I will wear Blue Diva’s granny pants on my head for a month. grin

Wenger makes some interesting comments post Hannover, saying we don’t make money to keep in the bank and that we’re looking at ‘possibilities’.  undecided

An interesting article by [url=http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1344&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42]Myles P[/url] today gives some ‘insider’ info stating that Arsenal must spend at least 75% of any proceeds from player sales on new players/contracts, etc. That means Arsene must spend at least £30m of the cash. Now depending on your view, if we didn’t have any transfer pot to start with and we’ve bought AA23 and the Verminator for ~£26m, then we only have £4m left to spend. More likely is a case of us having £13m as a transfer pot, meaning there’s only £17m to spend (assuming that AA23’s cash is related to the current sales) but even this is unlikely.

Based on the 75% theory, I'd wager we have spent £10m on TV, so we have £20m to spend.

All this financial jargon is getting to me…I’m just a simple footie fan. embarassed

I can’t wait for the actual field action to start!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2009
Wenger must be the newspaper mans worst enemy- after the internet. All these speculations, assertions, presumptions . . . Dont know what to think anymore with such secrecy shrouding his dealings. Even FBI sef . . undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2009
Who is our assistant captain now? Clichy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101)

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.