Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny (25993 Views)

Things You Should Never Share At Work / BREAKING: Why Some Nigerian Civil Servants Have Not Received November Salary / 9 Pictures that Define Some Moments At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
I got a job as an Analyst in a Noodles manufacturing company in Lagos, I was staff, though the salary was small, and the agreement says my salary will be reviewed after 2 months due to my performance. What's eating me now is that, they decided to pay some set of people in the company and left some few set. I was among the unfortunate ones they refused to pay, and when I ask the management for my salary, they keep saying there is no market, I told them I won't come to work again if they refuse to pay me, they begged me that I should keep coming, and now I'm very pissed off, I can't afford for my personal upkeep anymore as I'm staying with a friend. My mind keep breeding different evil suggestions like "I should go and set their warehouse ablaze", but I'm not as tough as that. I decide to share this for advice please, "they say two minds on a problem is better than one"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by yorke1: 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
Go and set it ablaze

187 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by abiolert(m): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
it high time workers begin to enforce no pay no work policy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by dhantey324(m): 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
Try and negotiate for half ur salary in arrears... Then you can get the rest when things change. No do any evil o.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
dhantey324:
Try and negotiate for half ur salary in arrears... Then you can get the rest when things change. No do any evil o.

Okay, I ll try that line also. But I ve decided I will leave.

9 Likes

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by allanphash7(m): 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
And you are still working?

TB joshua remain your case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Acidosis(m): 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
You're not alone bro,

All the blame goes to Mr Dullarpo.

Small businesses are folding each day; large corporations are cutting cost massively, MTN is under serious threats, even the Public sector orgs are not left out.

Just do your job and stay off idleness. Let's pray and hope for better things.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Flashh: 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
But you are working for them and they are making their money without considering how you will get paid.

You better start taking actions before they owe you for the whole year.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by englishmart(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
you mean your job is to analyse indomie and its likes? And you want to be paid?
You for day analyse okpa na

38 Likes

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Simitrendy: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2015

The patient dog eat the fatest bone

If you'll wish to wait.

Wait!

God will definitely remember you soon!

U might be under employed today, But be an employer tomorrow

Be Patient!

9 Likes

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by gokay11(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Just hold on and be strong,it won't be long,its gonna be alright.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by zenith4biz(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Oh God my father, ancient of days, the Greater than the greatest, the mightier than the mightiest, The Bigger than the biggest, this your son was employed 3months ago and he has not been paid, I thereby decree that every power holding his salary be nullified in Jesus name.

From now henceforth the concerned authorities will make this my brother's salary a priority.

Thank you God for answered prayer for in Jesus name I pray.

Amen

161 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by BigElEddy(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Carry their noodles cook chop grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by vision2050: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Warehouse ablaze?? which type of friends are you keeping. Bad fellows.
Be patient, patient dog eat the fattest meat they say.

2 Likes

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by AfroKnight: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Bro cheesy abeg don't set anything ablaze o.

The truth is they wouldn't be willing to pay the full arrears. I think you should leave once you collect any payment. Don't mind those stingy admin. Thats how some people owe staff, keeping them on a leash with the promise of arrears.

Once they pay you the salary for the last month, just move on.

4 Likes

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Times are hard no doubt but they should negotaite with you before you brurn down the whole factory
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by free2ryhme: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Obey your mind

1 Like

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by seunlayi(m): 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
just relax, Joy cometh in the morning. Very soon, they will pay you and moreover, someone owing you salary or wages is better than sitting down at home doing nothing. NLC will soon come to your rescue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by downed: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Lol@set it ablaze...dude..jux negotiate for half..den..if dem no gree..sue 'em

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Wizdray: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
BigElEddy:
Carry their noodles cook chop grin
grin grin
yorke1:
Go and set it ablaze
You're wicked
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by BCISLTD: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by free2ryhme: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by WailingWailer00(m): 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Quit the damn job and sue the company since you were legally hired.
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by ritababe(f): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
Malcomkelvin:
IT MIGHT SOUND FUNNY BUT MY ADVICE IS FOR YOU TO TAKE THE LEGAL ACTIONS IF YOU HAVE ALL YOUR PAPERS... I THINK IT'S TIME FOR WE AFRICANS TO TELL THEM THAT WE ARE HUMAN... IF NOT FOR OUR LEADERS CORRUPTION, WE WONT FIND OURSELF IN DIS KIND OF CONDITION.

how can u say that you know how our economic is now, he should just ask for half of it and be patient till things get better.

1 Like

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by colossus2: 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
englishmart:
you mean your job is to analyse indomie and it's likes? And you want to be paid?
You for day analyse okpa na
You are a simpleton. No be your fault as your papa still dey send you money.
With your yeye ostrich face.

12 Likes

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by DimFemmy(m): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
Guy...try to talk to the admin manager with a frowning face...and tell him they must pay within 7days..or else..what happened in 1822 will happen again.

2 Likes

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
I know the feeling. I also planned to harm my boss when she refused to pay me but when she called me and explained her situation, I even pitied her more than myself. It's not easy to be a boss. Just be patient, they will pay up eventually

5 Likes

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Malcomkelvin: 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
IT MIGHT SOUND FUNNY BUT MY ADVICE IS FOR YOU TO TAKE THE LEGAL ACTIONS IF YOU HAVE ALL YOUR PAPERS... I THINK IT'S TIME FOR WE AFRICANS TO TELL THEM THAT WE ARE HUMAN... IF NOT FOR OUR LEADERS CORRUPTION, WE WONT FIND OURSELF IN DIS KIND OF CONDITION.
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by ogianyo(m): 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
I think you should be patient. It's a hard time for businesses across the country. I know cos I have a business of my own. But it won't always be like this. Like someone said, negotiate and try getting some money against your pay. If you like the job, be patient

1 Like

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Men Electrocuted In Kaduna While Working On A Streetlight / Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? / No Salary: Nlc Plans Strike For 23rd August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.