Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,005 members, 7,806,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? (2873 Views)

My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by atheistandproud(m): 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
I don't know if I'm the only one that has noticed this. There's a popular adage that says "no matter how rich or highly placed a person is, he/she had to start from somewhere", and in most cases, its true.
I have seen many couples that started from nothing, zero. These are men and women who know what its like to be rejected and hounded by disapproving in laws. They know how it feels when no one wants to see them together thinking that they will never amount to nothing. The lady's family are especially guilty of this.
Somehow, someway they do make it and become the toast of everyone, well wishers and enemies alike. They become a moral lesson for people never to despise a small beginning.
Years pass, they become parents and become prospective in laws. They then go on to exhibit the very same character and attitude that their very own in laws exhibited. And I wonder why Do they not learn? Where they not like that before?
Its not just financial backgrounds that in laws discriminate against. Religion, ethnicity, social status, even physical appearance e.t.c are other prime areas of discrimination.
Now everyone wants rich suitors for their daughters (women most especially), when the men they married were paupers before becoming what they are.
Why not let your children who have found serious partners get on with their lives while you give a helping hand or get on with your own? Isnt this pure hypocrisy? Incessant and childish bickering from in laws have ruined what might have been successful marriages. Does anyone have any idea why they act this way, please help.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Beesluv: 9:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
If you ask meeee, na who I go ask
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by xender(m): 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
d matter wen u see so e tey wen e start
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by bronzegoddess(f): 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
Keep it short next time...pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ask 'em
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Cutehector(m): 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
Because you dnt have money!

1 Like

Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by McCarlito(m): 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
Beesluv:
If you ask meeee, na who I go ask
xender:
d matter wen u see so e tey wen e start
No be meeee go taaaalk aaaam...
E heavy for moooooouuuth....~~~
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by xender(m): 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
McCarlito:

No be meeee go taaaalk aaaam... E heavy for moooooouuuth....~~~
gringrin
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by raumdeuter: 11:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nsogbu dikwaa

Ba na so dogo maganna
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
McCarlito:

If you aaaaaask meeeeee
The matter for groooooound
Na who I go aaaaaaaaask
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by bellong: 1:36am On Nov 03, 2015
So the parents of your girlfriend refused you to marry her because you are poor?

Guy, don't throw tantrum if they say no, find another better chic that wouldn't discriminate you based on your financial situation or others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Beesluv: 6:07am On Nov 03, 2015
McCarlito:

grin Omawumi, come and see something oo
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 03, 2015
people who fail to learn from history are bound to repeat it. atheistandproud, my sisters are coming for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by nicerod(m): 8:13am On Nov 03, 2015
GST102 Marital problem
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by atheistandproud(m): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
This isn't about me throwing tantrums, this is what's happening for real.
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by atheistandproud(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
JustTara:
people who fail to learn from history are bound to repeat it. atheistandproud, my sisters are coming for you.
I'm waiting.
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by atheistandproud(m): 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

If you aaaaaask meeeeee
The matter for groooooound
Na who I go aaaaaaaaask
answer must come oh
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by SAMBARRY: 7:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
Haaaaaa op cheesy

Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by atheistandproud(m): 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Has a op cheesy
I don't get you bro.
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by SAMBARRY: 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
atheistandproud:
I don't get you bro.
haaa

Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by SAMBARRY: 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
Pele my dear cheesy

Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Ewuro4: 6:41am On Nov 05, 2015
bellong:
So the parents of your girlfriend refused you to marry her because you are poor?

Guy, don't throw tantrum if they say no, find another better chic that wouldn't discriminate you based on your financial situation or others.

Simple abi na by force. wink

And OP you sound canterkarous for a good suitor.... Please don't come near my abode. grin
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Kimoni: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2015
bellong:

Are you sure it's bcuz he is not an atheist? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Who wan make im pikin marry keferi?
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
bellong:

The rejection is from the parents not the girl. Rephrase your advice.
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by bellong: 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
Kimoni:

They don't care about his belief system as long as pocket his heavy.

JustTara:
The rejection is from the parents not the girl. Rephrase your advice.

How is he going to marry the girl without the consent and approval of the parents?
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by atheistandproud(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
Kimoni:

so what if that keferi makes it big? Huh? What if your chief fails tomorrow? See, this is why men will always treat women as mere chattel, property to be owned. So once you have money you can any woman you want, even if she doesn't want you.
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by cold(m): 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
It's the sad situation a lot of people find themselves in the country. So many obstacles to surmount it's not even funny. Religion,ethnicity,financial well being etc. I understand parents don't want their daughters to suffer but how are they helping matters with those lists they present that reads like something straight out of the federal government's budget.
From all indications things are not going to get any better when you read the comments on here from people one would expect to know better supporting such parochial and pedestrian views. My brother just go hustle make that money. When you turn up who wan know whether you be atheist or theist. Money answereth all things.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by coogar: 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
atheistandproud:
This isn't about me throwing tantrums, this is what's happening for real.

go and get another woman....
there are several millions of women in the country who would readily marry you regardless of your finances or religion. when one door closes, get another one to open.

be a man, stop whinging!

1 Like

Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
bellong:

They don't care about his belief system as long as pocket his heavy.

How is he going to marry the girl without the consent and approval of the parents?
Is this so hard to get? She's been dating him, she knows his financial status, she accepted his proposal, she tool him to meet her parents, the parents refuses cause his poor. Does it sound like she rejected him? Her parents did not her so don't tell him to go look for a ‘better' girl. Phrasing it that way makes it seem like it's her fault.
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
cold:
It's the sad situation a lot of people find themselves in the country. So many obstacles to surmount it's not even funny. Religion,ethnicity,financial well being etc. I understand parents don't want their daughters to suffer but how are they helping matters with those lists they present that reads like something straight out of the federal government's budget.
From all indications things are not going to get any better when you read the comments on here from people one would expect to know better supporting such parochial and pedestrian views. My brother just go hustle make that money. When you turn up who wan know whether you be atheist or theist. Money answereth all things.
Again. This is about the girl's parents not the girl. She didn't reject him, they did.
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by cold(m): 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
JustTara:
Again. This is about the girl's parents not the girl. She didn't reject him, they did.
Are we not basically saying the same thing?
Re: Why Are In Laws So Wicked???? by Kimoni: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
atheistandproud:
so what if that keferi makes it big? [s]Huh? What if your chief fails tomorrow? See, this is why men will always treat women as mere chattel, property to be owned. So once you have money you can any woman you want, even if she doesn't want you.[/s]

If the keferi makes it big but the parents are not ready to compromise on their faith, they still won't let you marry their daughter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help A Fellow Nairalander Out. / Why Do Igbos Hold Naming Ceremonies For Newborns Only Three Months After Birth? / Is It Ok To Take Your Wife To A Strip Club?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.