Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? (3557 Views)

Six Ingredients To A Happy Nigerian Relationship- Sisilizzyvlog / Lovely Pre-marriage Photos Of Popluar Nigerian Relationship Blogger / See The Popular Herbs Big Babes Use In Hooking Their Men In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Hauneg(f): 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
An average Nigerian is guilty of this, as most guys can't seem to make a healthy conversation with their partner or a lady they are asking out, without asking if they have eaten and what they ate.

Some ladies too are not helping matters as they usually tag the dudes that chose to skip the silly question uncaring and unromantic undecided

I once came across a thread on the front page some months back stating that most Nigerian relationships will come to an end the very day they chose to drop that line, and I wondered what the big deal was.

There are several ways to keep a relationship up and going, and loads of things to discuss other than something as lame as what one ate.
I am not in anyway indicating that asking your loved ones what they ate is bad, but making it an everyday thing is just boring and unreasonable.
Some persons make it a point to call three times a day, just to ask if you have eaten and (the most annoying part), what you ate

An admirer just called and the next thing he said after the pleasantries was what I ate.
My bad mouth didn't allow my brain to think of the best way to respond, before asking if whatever I ate was going to change the economic crisis in Naija.
The dude jejely said a good night I know wasn't coming from his heart and ended the call.

I understand that most girls can break up for it, but that doesn't mean all girls are comfortable with it.

It just leave me wondering how the relationship slogan came to be. Abi na copy we still copy from oyibo

4 Likes

Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by amiskurie(m): 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by trapQ: 10:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
lol

1 Like

Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Theyveedo(m): 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
I think it was invented by some gullible guys who thought of no better way to show a girl care. Thankfully I ain't one of them.

@Op Hope u have eaten

1 Like

Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ask google
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by amiskurie(m): 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Beesluv: 10:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
Love invented it
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by barbiee: 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
I honestly hate it when a guy asks me that question.

1 Like

Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Beesluv: 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
Lack of gist or Google invented it

1 Like

Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Hauneg(f): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
amiskurie:

You dey book space for FTC? OYO is your case dear. We no dey hit FP. Pele oko iya Mi.
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Cutehector(m): 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hey sweerie watsup

Hws ur day mehn, I'v been missin u... Hope u doin great sha...

Hope u"v eaten...

Wad did u eat?

Haba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Johnnoah1st: 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hauneg:
An average Nigerian is guilty of this, as most guys can't seem to make a healthy conversation with their partner or a lady they are asking out, without asking if they have eaten and what they ate.

Some ladies too are not helping matters as they usually tag the dudes that chose to skip the silly question uncaring and unromantic undecided

I once came across a thread on the front page some months back stating that most Nigerian relationships will come to an end the very day they chose to drop that line, and I wondered what the big deal was.

There are several ways to keep a relationship up and going, and loads of things to discuss other than something as lame as what one ate.
I am not in anyway indicating that asking your loved ones what they ate is bad, but making it an everyday thing is just boring and unreasonable.
Some persons make it
have u heard about something called "story for the gods" b4? if u havent heard of it b4, dont worry its mean ur post is gud.
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Shoro niyen? undecided
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by IamLEGEND1: 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
barbiee:
I honestly hate it when a guy asks me that question.

Hi,have you eaten?
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Hauneg(f): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
have u heard about something called "story for the gods" b4? if u havent heard of it b4, dont worry its mean ur post is gud.
Attention seeker.
I don quote you make your blood pressure no high.
Satisfied
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by libertyfather(m): 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ah yif fufu,gbegiri mix with oha soup and sardine come make bornfita and 33milk wit koo wata what abaut you?

1 Like

Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Fembleez1(m): 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
Dunce
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by OKUCHI11(m): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
op ....na so ur topic go take reach front page ...just watch nd see .. For those whom are saying Buhari is a slow poke....... Where are we running to? The weak man
Jonathan administration was six years and
many were suffering in silent while the
money was flowing within the People
Deceived People. Why hurrying? Let's wait
and focus.
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by OKUCHI11(m): 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
op ....na so ur topic go take reach front page ...just watch nd see .. For those whom are saying Buhari is a slow poke....... Where are we running to? The weak man
Jonathan administration was six years and
many were suffering in silent while the
money was flowing within the People
Deceived People. Why hurrying? Let's wait
and focus. GREAT MARXIST
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by rawpadgin(m): 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
u mean i cant ask my girlfriend if she has had lunch or not so i can get her a plate of food from mama bisi canteen
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Johnnoah1st: 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
adeh39:
Shoro niyen? undecided
OYAMILENU OO, its been a while though.
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by McCarlito(m): 10:46pm On Nov 02, 2015
While thinking of that please also extend ur thoughts to the same guy who invented
Ditto during those days of love letters grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by defendedvictim(m): 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Agreed...d question is lame sometimes. Creative conversations abound; n can even begin with d 'have u eaten' shi, buh doing it all day, everyday is outright boring.

Errmm, op, have u eaten?
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Johnnoah1st: 10:49pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hauneg:

Attention seeker.
I don quote you make your blood pressure no high.
Satisfied
SEEKING 4 ATTENTION OF WHO? u or who? am sure coackroach brain is a goliath compare to ur brain, and morover dont u tink its gud 4 u to upgrade the type of guys u roll with that asked u all dos stupiid question, anyway birds of thesame feather flocks together.
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
Op you don baff? undecided
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by chigoizie7(m): 11:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
Theyveedo:
I think it was invented by some gullible guys who thought of no better way to show a girl care. Thankfully I ain't one of them.

@Op Hope u have eaten

Mtcheew
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by yanabasee(m): 11:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
There is nothing absolutely wrong with somebdy asking you if u've eaten or not... Whether the person ask u every second... You chose to bore urself by making it a psychological thing.....

I ask my woman many times if she has eaten and she will always reply me... And we've always had good and upright conversation..... Sometimes if she admit she hasn't eaten...I'll take her out... Sometimes she will drive us to the market where we'll get food stuffs and cook together... Just if I'm very free...

Mehn.... I care and she cares...... Questions are meant to be taken lightly... Only matured minded people will answer any question abruptly without being f00lish about it... Whether asked a thousand times or once.....

So, assuming u have a date with a man and he observe that u look tired and fatigue and his observation raise his curiosity to ask if u've eaten... Will u see such a gentleman as being boring with such a question?

1 Like

Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by AfricanApple(f): 12:00am On Nov 03, 2015
funny thing is, if you replied that you have not eating, they can't do a darn thing about it. that question used to be annoying and boring a times especially when one is in a bad mood.

if you are still trying to woo me and you ask me such, gbese for you

1 Like

Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by LaJose78(m): 3:13am On Nov 03, 2015
yanabasee:
There is nothing absolutely wrong with somebdy asking you if u've eaten or not... Whether the person ask u every second... You chose to bore urself by making it a psychological thing.....

I ask my woman many times if she has eaten and she will always reply me... And we've always had good and upright conversation..... Sometimes if she admit she hasn't eaten...I'll take her out... Sometimes she will drive us to the market where we'll get food stuffs and cook together... Just if I'm very free...

Mehn.... I care and she cares...... Questions are meant to be taken lightly... Only matured minded people will answer any question abruptly without being f00lish about it... Whether asked a thousand times or once.....

So, assuming u have a date with a man and he observe that u look tired and fatigue and his observation raise his curiosity to ask if u've eaten... Will u see such a gentleman as being boring with such a question?
seconded...bt 2 much of it is nt gud.
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by LaJose78(m): 3:21am On Nov 03, 2015
Boo: hello bae...

Bae: am gud boo hw u doin?

Boo: 5n. (silence)...av u eaten?

Bae: no.

Boo: ok.

Bae: y d'u ask? i tot u wanted 2 take me out 4 dinner.

Boo: no i jst want 2 knw if u've eaten ni...

Bae: *olobe*
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 03, 2015
I see nothing wrong with dah question
Re: Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? by naijaboiy: 5:08am On Nov 03, 2015
AfricanApple:
funny thing is, if you replied that you have not eating, they can't do a darn thing about it. that question used to be annoying and boring a times especially when one is in a bad mood.

if you are still trying to woo me and you ask me such, gbese for you
They can actually buy food for you or take you out for Lunch/Dinner. grin

Some girls are really hungry you know. embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Says His Manhood Mistakenly Entered A Teenager (photo) / Why Are Guys So Cheap ...?? / Here Comes The Cutest Guy On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.