Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN (3221 Views)

Innoson Vs Gtbank: Bank Debunks Rumours Of Customers Closing Their Accounts / Tony Elumelu As Allstates Trust Bank Staff (1994 Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by darmys(f): 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
I am very disappointed by Guaranty Trust Bank! I loved this bank. I trusted a bank that Guaranteed me good service and all i got in return was pain and frustration.I am that girl that told everyone around me to open an account with GTB!

Customers of the bank we all loved brought pain, sadness and tears to the faces of their customers and I was one of the.those who got their day messed up by GTB.

You see i did my BVN at First Bank on the 30th of October , (2014 ( one year ago). Not many people were informed or interested about BVN at this time. ( you can find the screen shot from my sms alert above. Sometime in March 2015, I went to Guaranty Trust Bank Allen Avenue and got my BVN linked. Due to my "Doubting Thomas Nature" I also went on their website and linked it myself. ( I was so pleased with myself , I felt like a good Nigerian)

Through out last week, some people i know were busy withdrawing what they have in the bank daily to make sur by the time the deadline was over, they would have their money safe and story free. But i was so relaxed and trusting afterall my bank has Trust in their name right?

It was shocking when i logged into my mail this morning and i got an email from GTB telling me my account has been put on restriction because i am yet to update my BVN. My eyes popped opened like in the cartoons. I was so sure it was a mistake. I even thought it was a fraud mail. But the email address gtbank@gtbank.com is very real and i am familiar with it.

I went the the GTB branch at Alausa (Secretariat) to complain and resolve the issue and the queue was endless!!! People were angry, some were sad! The pain in their eyes stemmed from the fact that they already did their BVN with GTB or provided the numbers gotten from other banks.

I hate to quarell with customer care operatives because to an extent, i understand how much pressure their job entails ( all kinds of customers). Luckily, i was attended to by a well mannered lady who confieded in me that they had a problem and 80% of the linking failed. She gave me another form to fill and told me point blank that i might not get my account sorted in the 24 hours time frame she gave. I understood and i appreciated her honesty.

Can i do a transfer to my other account to make sure i have some money while my account with GTB is being sorted? she said yes. I also requested for a Token. I spent more than four hours at the bank but they couldnt give me the token because they are trying to contact my branch at broad street for confirmation. I got tired around 7pm and told the lady attending to me to cancel the request (I had to go, it has been a long day, My brother was with me and we were very tired and hungry).

On the way home, i got a call from the guy who attended to me to apologise that my transfer request failed due to BVN. Tears formed in my eyes. Which Kain country be this i asked myself?

I have my transfer slips stamped by the bank but right now as at the time of writing this. I am too tired to scan. I will update it subsequently.

So basically I left work, spent more than 3 hours at GTB for nothing , what hurts me the most is the fact that i did my BVN in 2014 and linked it twice. Once at the branch and on their website. Yet it wasnt enough. I have decided to close my account with GTB. why?

I have decided the problem with Nigeria is that consumers tolerate. If all the people affect left GTB today, they would sit up and their competitors will learn from it.

So for now, i have my money stuck at GTB. I am at their mercy. But once that account is opened. I am going to Moonwalk into a branch to do my transfer and say goodbye. #EnoughisEnough.

See complaints from other affected users below. Isnt there a body in Nigeria that can get us justice?

http://www.daminaj.com/2015/11/pain-tears-as-guaranty-trust-bank.html

2 Likes

Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Beesluv: 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
This bvn ish..

. I tried using Mobile app of a bank last night and it wasn't responding, fear catch me, whether my account has been iced. Immediately I got to an ATM, i was able to check my balance, soi knew i was safe for that moment.
I withdrew the small thing left in the account. I can take chances...
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by McCarlito(m): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Its either Fuel Scarcity or Brain Scarcity
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Chaiiii nigerian get bad mouth gancheesycheesy
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by darmys(f): 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2015

Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
I think i still have 265 naira in my gt account, let me use it to recharge my phone cos i don't want to hear stories dat touch

1 Like

Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Lordtrillion(m): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
Gtb didn't try at all. I also did mine months ago & I didn't even know it wasn't linked up successfully until I tried doing a bank transfer yesternite which didn't go through. I just thank GOD I had a temporary backup in my Diamond acct. If not, it would have been another story altogether.
Anyway, I hope they rectify it sharp sharp before Wednesday coz I'm not ready to visit any of their branches yet.

1 Like

Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by UnknownT: 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
My salary account na GTB block, my first bank ATM card keystone bank swallow am. My last card na #2000. I just dey laugh sha. Late last year I went to deposit money to my GT account then, the cashier requested for my BVN, isn't that BVN Linking? cheesy , tried linking it last night via that their gtmt website, they kept regenerating capchat code

1 Like

Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by madgoat(m): 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
lipsrsealed GTB
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by darmys(f): 11:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
madgoat:
lipsrsealed GTB

lol. Madgoat . it has been a crazy day for me but ur handle made me smile
It reminds me of GTB
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by madgoat(m): 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
darmys:

lol. Madgoat . it has been a crazy day for me but ur handle made me smile
It reminds me of GTB

Lol... Glad i could liven up ur day wink

2 Likes

Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by ibkgab001: 6:24am On Nov 03, 2015
@ op sorry dear,

GTBank is still the best for now
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by kennyman2000(m): 7:04am On Nov 03, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Ali01: 7:59am On Nov 03, 2015
mylifemyrules:
I think i still have 265 naira in my gt account, let me use it to recharge my phone cos i don't want to hear stories dat touch
Hahaha i never have the intension of laughing but u made me laugh grin
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by geebehn(m): 8:10am On Nov 03, 2015
GTB no do well for this one at all
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Chibenze(m): 10:31am On Nov 03, 2015
any one with a quick solution?

cry cry cry cry
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Ali01: 11:10am On Nov 03, 2015
Chibenze:
any one with a quick solution?

cry cry cry cry
my Man including You? cry
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Chibenze(m): 11:40am On Nov 03, 2015
Ali01:
my Man including You? cry
Yes oh cry
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by darmys(f): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
madgoat:

Lol... Glad i could liven up ur day wink

kiss kiss

ibkgab001:
@ op sorry dear,

Thanks but i guess the best is not good enough sometimes. I will close that account once the restrictions is lifted.
Because companies know Nigerians will stay and bear. they do what they like.
If they really believe that all the wrongly affected account will leave them. they will not act this way.

What if i had an emergency that has to do with life and death and they restrict my money.
And i didnt have anything to fall back on else where.
What is paining me the most is that i did my bvn in 2014 shocked being obedient in Nigeria is a sin o

1 Like

Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by ibkgab001: 1:37pm On Nov 03, 2015
Not that i have a relative that is working in that bank or a close friend but can tell you they have good standard and world standard record as a banking system is concern i know you have made up your mind but i want you to remember that "RULES ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN"
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2015
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Donbabajay12(m): 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
GTB d most useless bank at the moment !!!...Op I had d same issue yestaday..I was at d bank frm 8.30am to 3.30pm trying to sort this lacklustre and irritating Bvn shit...I had done this stupid bvn linkage online, via atm b4 yestday and still yet dey blocked my acct...angrily I withdrew all my money bye bye Gullible Thief Bank(GTB)
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ali01:

Hahaha i never have the intension of laughing but u made me laugh grin
Am happy i did
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by FestacGirl(f): 11:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
ibkgab001:
@ op sorry dear,

you're saying this because you're based in 9ja, their charges for withdrawal abroad is crazy
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by ibkgab001: 12:51am On Nov 04, 2015
still telling you they remain the best... anyway i have used the atm card In South Africa more than 30 times and it is sure ok for me with 410 naira as their charges
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by 3636enzyme(m): 1:08am On Nov 04, 2015
Well I thought I was the only one that was affected,thunder go soon rape gtb.
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by sped1oro(m): 9:17am On Nov 04, 2015
If only I had known GTB will make me go through stress yesterday for another round of BVN linking, I wouldn't have bothered asking my clients to continue paying into the account.
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Lordtrillion(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2015
darmys:

sped1oro:
If only I had known GTB will make me go through stress yesterday for another round of BVN linking, I wouldn't have bothered asking my clients to continue paying into the account.
I also had similar issue but its been resolved. Try making payments with your account to confirm it. I tested mine by recharging my phone with the *737*amount and it went through. I think they've lifted the limit on most accounts with same issue.
Re: Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
That bank! It's just my secondary bank and I consider my partnership with them a mistake. I don't like them for two major reasons. 1) It's not a bank for busy people. Each time you get there you queue up right from the door and when it eventually gets to your turn to enter, the crowd inside will make you faint if your not careful. Sometimes I wonder why, if it's the only bank people see in Nigeria. Banks like Zenith, Fidelity do not receive as much crowd yet they're very strong banks.

2) Their network is bad. Each time I try to use their ATM, I will eventually end up going to withdraw from another bank because their system wouldn't work. I remember one faithful morning, I was travelling and decided to go withdraw a little money only for my card to get stuck. It took several minutes before it came out and still I couldn't withdraw. I had to go to another bank.

(1) (Reply)

Shoptomydoor: My Bad Experience CAVEAT EMPTOR / How To Make Money With Pay-to-click Ad Networks / BPE To Sell 70% Of 11 Power Distribution Firms To Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.