Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh (39550 Views)

Ladies, No Matter How Hot A Nigerian Guy Is, Never Ask Him Out / Read Why I Changed From Being Romantic To Being A Monster / Help I'm About To Get Married To A Lady I Can't Have Sex With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by LadyX(f): 8:11am On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
what about the church, all family members etc
Who is going to live with the 'monster'? Is it the church, family members, or you?

Remember it will be the two of you in the house. If your intention is to live happily, put your self first. If your interest is to please the church and family, go ahead and marry her.

Clearly this is a woman who will make you feel worthless if you don't have money. The choice is yours.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by WhoBeThisMan: 8:31am On Nov 03, 2015
LadyX:

Who is going to live with the 'monster'? Is it the church, family members, or you?

Remember it will be the two of you in the house. If your intention is to live happily, put your self first. If your interest is to please the church and family, go ahead and marry her.

Clearly this is a woman who will make you feel worthless if you don't have money. The choice is yours.
thats one hard truth. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by yatch360: 8:33am On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
cards are already out, we have even finished selling aso ebi

Its after u have finished selling the aso Ebi u are seeking for advice...

3 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by 400billionman: 8:37am On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
I met this girl last year december, beautiful, very comited to church, and she had all characteristics of what I want in a woman or so it seemed. I approched her, she liked me too, we started going out. I just got out from a very messy brakeup so I really was tired of dating, I told her I want to get married thats my intension and we should start working towards it. She said yes.

I met with our pastor, he basically warned me about the sister, she is nice but can be very arrogant, if I was sure this is what I want because there is no turning back, I said yes! (Love dey shark me).

Fastforward to now. This year has been a very challenging year for me financially. This she knows very well. She insisted we do the wedding by october, I told her it would be too soon, im not financially prepared for that. But I really love this girl, and I wnted her to be happy, and also I couldn't wait for her to be my wife (love still dey shark), so we finally agreed for december, even though its going to be a big financial strain on my part.

I had all the plans to raise money worked out, to cut the long story short suddenly things nose dived in business. My financial pathner had some personal challages and had to pull out funds.

She was able to raise some money from her office, but now she puts me down with her words, castigating me, feeling superior because she feels I need her. She says words that are do hurtful that I have to talk myself out of low self esteem.

The painful part is that all my friends and family members warned me about this, I didnt listen.

Now I think she has become a monster, I wish I could but a stop to all these, I really dont need to get marraid right now. I dont even know hownit will be like to live in thesame house with her.

I have always wondered why this very nice lady is still single at this age(age witheld). But now I think its her arrogance that has probably driven away all her potential suitors.

Pls I need advice, feel free to be harsh if need be

Ps this is not my story oo it is a friend cheesy

Nobody will beat you if you walk away.

Dey there dey do Smue Smue..

Nah Only talk them go talk

And TALK IS CHEAP..

8 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by LadyX(f): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
thats one hard truth. Thanks
Welcome

1 Like

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by 400billionman: 9:04am On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
May I also add thatbshe even puts me down in front of her family. She has embarased me in public too

Haha, welldone bro.

Courtship and dating were set up to observe unlikely attitude in a future partner and walk away before its late.

1 Like

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by deanoffaculty: 9:34am On Nov 03, 2015
@OP....
We all have our individual differences and ways of managing feelings and emotions. You love the lady and she loves you too. For the fact that she's arrogant doesn't make her a bad person.
Just find a romantic way of talking to her. Even when she is harsh and doesn't want to reason with you, pet her and calm her down......all ladies like that. Let the discussion be between you guys and no third party. Anyhow, anyhow..find a way of letting her understand the present financial constraints and what is on board. Don't allow people's opinion about her to discourage you. Marriage is meant for two imperfect persons and not two perfect perfect persons....."like terms repel,unlike terms attracts".
Thank God you discovered her arrogance before marriage and not in marriage.....that means she is not a pretender. If you truly love her and you can manage her arrogance, then you guys need to do a serious talk. Don't forget the fact that we are not 100% perfect.
At the tail end, you can walk away if she's not co-operating and reasoning with you. A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP/COURTSHIP is better than a BROKEN MARRIAGE.
God will give you the wisdom to go about it IJN.

2 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by rockyh(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
fear not a weddin can b canceld som hrs to it wat matrs is ur hapinez in marriage not wat piple feel

3 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by dwen: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
I met this girl last year december, beautiful, very comited to church, and she had all characteristics of what I want in a woman or so it seemed. I approched her, she liked me too, we started going out. I just got out from a very messy brakeup so I really was tired of dating, I told her I want to get married thats my intension and we should start working towards it. She said yes.

I met with our pastor, he basically warned me about the sister, she is nice but can be very arrogant, if I was sure this is what I want because there is no turning back, I said yes! (Love dey shark me).

Fastforward to now. This year has been a very challenging year for me financially. This she knows very well. She insisted we do the wedding by october, I told her it would be too soon, im not financially prepared for that. But I really love this girl, and I wnted her to be happy, and also I couldn't wait for her to be my wife (love still dey shark), so we finally agreed for december, even though its going to be a big financial strain on my part.

I had all the plans to raise money worked out, to cut the long story short suddenly things nose dived in business. My financial pathner had some personal challages and had to pull out funds.

She was able to raise some money from her office, but now she puts me down with her words, castigating me, feeling superior because she feels I need her. She says words that are do hurtful that I have to talk myself out of low self esteem.

The painful part is that all my friends and family members warned me about this, I didnt listen.

Now I think she has become a monster, I wish I could but a stop to all these, I really dont need to get marraid right now. I dont even know hownit will be like to live in thesame house with her.

I have always wondered why this very nice lady is still single at this age(age witheld). But now I think its her arrogance that has probably driven away all her potential suitors.

Pls I need advice, feel free to be harsh if need be

Ps this is not my story oo it is a friend cheesy
beloved, there is nothing wrong with that woman, it is a normal thing for her to act the way she is acting right now because her day of joy is being threatened, she is not a monster, the fact that she has waited this long does not make her one. all you need to do is to sit her down and reassure her that the wedding will hold and that you still love her and you will see her calm down. please go ahead with the wedding.

3 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by deanoffaculty: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2015
dwen:
beloved, there is nothing wrong with that woman, it is a normal thing for her to act the way she is acting right now because her day of joy is being threatened, she is not a monster, the fact that she has waited this long does not make her one. all you need to do is to sit her down and reassure her that the wedding will hold and that you still love her and you will see her calm down. please go ahead with the wedding.
Nice one!!!
Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by worth(m): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2015
hmm... A broken relationship is better than a broken MARRIAGE.

5 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by WhoBeThisMan: 10:08am On Nov 03, 2015
deanoffaculty:
@OP....
We all have our individual differences and ways of managing feelings and emotions. You love the lady and she loves you too. For the fact that she's arrogant doesn't make her a bad person.
Just find a romantic way of talking to her. Even when she is harsh and doesn't want to reason with you, pet her and calm her down......all ladies like that. Let the discussion be between you guys and no third party. Anyhow, anyhow..find a way of letting her understand the present financial constraints and what is on board. Don't allow people's opinion about her to discourage you. Marriage is meant for two imperfect persons and not two perfect perfect persons....."like terms repel,unlike terms attracts".
Thank God you discovered her arrogance before marriage and not in marriage.....that means she is not a pretender. If you truly love her and you can manage her arrogance, then you guys need to do a serious talk. Don't forget the fact that we are not 100% perfect.
At the tail end, you can walk away if she's not co-operating and reasoning with you. A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP/COURTSHIP is better than a BROKEN MARRIAGE.
God will give you the wisdom to go about it IJN.
I have tried talking to her, it seems like the more I talk the more I arrogant and disrespectful and abusive she becomes

1 Like

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by WhoBeThisMan: 10:08am On Nov 03, 2015
dwen:
thanks

1 Like

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by WhoBeThisMan: 10:14am On Nov 03, 2015
dwen:
I have tried talking to her, at this point im in a position where I dont want to marry her anymore, but just hanging on because of what people would say.

1 Like

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Babamide(m): 10:16am On Nov 03, 2015
That love sharking u would send u to hell. Pastor warned u and told u there is no going back. You think u can come and start running one month to the wedding? U are joking. Send us time, date and venue; WE WOULD BE THERE.

2 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
May I also add thatbshe even puts me down in front of her family. She has embarased me in public too

In your spirit and soul you know what is right..... Is she violent too, unforgiving?

Many time God himself speaks to us in clear evidences but we just wont listen. The Bible clearly states "by their fruits we shall know them" Arrogance is one of her fruits can you eat it? if you cant eat then leave.

Go to your pastor and tell him all that is bothering you, he can give you good counsel based on what he knows about the both of you, he might chastise you but all the same hear him out

4 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by brofula(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2015
Bros, Call off the wedding for now. pls get a good convinction if you can endure all this. Marriage is not a a joke and it is a place where people face reality and not pretence. Pls take some time off to reconfirm and b sure you need thiss girl. shift this date because this girl may not be the best for you. a strain courtship is better than divorce. but if you insisit in moving on with the wedding GOOD LUCK to you.

2 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by WhoBeThisMan: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2015
chrisbaba1:

In your spirit and soul you know what is right..... Is she violent too, unforgiving?

call off the wedding and remain prayerful. If you marry her chaii cheesy cheesy i can only laugh. or better still, go to your pastor and tell him all that is bothering you, he can give you good counsel based on what he knows about the both of you, he might chastise you but all the same hear him out.
shes not unforgiving but can be violent sometimes. What I cant deal with is how she makes me feel worthless anytime cahs is short when she is the one who pressured me into this situation
Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
shes not unforgiving but can be violent sometimes. What I cant deal with is how she makes me feel worthless anytime cahs is short when she is the one who pressured me into this situation

Many time God himself speaks to us in clear evidences but we just wont listen. Since you are christian, the Bible clearly states "by their fruits we shall know them" Arrogance, Violence and evil words are her fruits can you eat it? if you cant eat then leave.

2 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Macgreat(m): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2015
OP,

You put yourself under. . . You still have a choice . . . decide what you want to do and do it.
Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Macgreat(m): 10:35am On Nov 03, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Many time God himself speaks to us in clear evidences but we just wont listen. Since you are christian, the Bible clearly states "by their fruits we shall know them" Arrogance, Violence and evil words are her fruits can you eat it? if you cant eat then leave.

Thank You! . .
Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by deanoffaculty: 11:14am On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
I have tried talking to her, it seems like the more I talk the more I arrogant and disrespectful and abusive she becomes
Okkk! This one is strong.
There is always a substitute. From your heart deep down there, do you still want to continue with her in marriage things despite her arrogance? It doesn't matter what peoples' opinion are, there is always what your mind will be telling you to do. Obey your mind!
From the look of things, the lady is a good lady cos she wants to make sure that the preparation works out but there is a 'but' in her. At the same time, don't let her push you to a point of no return: if you rush in,you will rush out. You can manage relationship/dating but it's not like that in marriage. It's a forever contract. Tell her plainly that she can go if she's not ready to endure the moment with you and that you are not comfortable with her choice of actions. As long as you are alive,you can always fall in love with someone else. If you guys are not dating each other again that does not mean you can't be friends. If you are going to quit, let it be peaceful. Life goes on....
Also, you can still manage the situation now with wisdom from God. Pray to God for direction and what to do. If she's meant for you, she's going nowhere.
I pray that God will guide you on the next step to take IJN. There will always be a way out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 03, 2015
My friend commot for road!

Men and their insatiable ego, now that she supports you financially is when you realized she's a monster after a so called man of God warned you.

She's probably still single because the previous guy was a jerk like you. Clear road for her make she see better person wey no get bad belly.

We know una na; Single Never Married Male @ 50.

2 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by dinachi(m): 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hand her support money back to here and run for your dear life! She is not a wife,she is a witch! Are you a man or what?
Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by WhoBeThisMan: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
paybystraff:
My friend commot for road!

Men and their insatiable ego, now that she supports you financially is when you realized she's a monster after a so called man of God warned you.

She's probably still single because the previous guy was a jerk like you. Clear road for her make she see better person wey no get bad belly.

We know una na; Single Never Married Male @ 50.
I dont believe supporting our wedding financially gives her the righ t to talk me down and trow abusive words at me. Anyway thanks for sharing ur opinion. I indeed said I wanted harsh advice if necessary.

1 Like

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Enockia(m): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:

if the cards and aso ebi er more important dan ur happiness in marriage then go ahead if not u dont need Daniel to come read the writing on the wall.....

2 Likes

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
The story is so Senseless , Laughable And Unreal...undecided
Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2015

Poor construction of first paragraph...weak tenses and poor spelling of words e.g committed, approached, break-up, intention to mention a few.

Jonathan sef angry

1 Like

Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
y'all strangers; you, your friend, his fiancee so...
Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by Forwetinnah: 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
After describing her as a monster"" you still want advice? Smh
Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by RichThug(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
baba no juz try marry dat girl... u guyz are still dating nd she is already misbehaving juz cos u hav some financial issue... juz follow ur pastor or u gonna regret gannnn
Re: Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh by free2ryhme: 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
You are an adult

The signs are obvious your destiny is in your hands

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest RELOADED {nomination & Verification Thread} / Man Gets Banana & Groundnut As Valentine Gift From The Cleaning Lady At Work / This Nigerian Couple Brought A Dog To Their Prewedding Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.