Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Qbasic - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Qbasic (2133 Views)

Help With A Small Qbasic Program / How Can I Create Multiplication Table Using Qbasic And Fortran? PLS HELP! / Qbasic On Windows Xp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qbasic by rasayous: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2006
I am new in QBASIC programming and i need someone who can give me the full tutorial on it.
Re: Qbasic by naijafan(m): 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2006
full tutorials?! wow.

what exactly do you want to do with it? freestyle, or for classroom purposes?
Re: Qbasic by rasayous: 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2006
Thanks my brother, is for classroom
Re: Qbasic by IBEXY(m): 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2006
Qbasic !!!

what will you be doing with that?

why dont you learn the more modern tools like java and C language.

Sorry, u said its for academic purpose.

I still find it hugely outdated and an utter waste of time. I wonder why schools dont teach things happening right now in the market.
Correct me if am wrong.
Re: Qbasic by ishmael(m): 4:39pm On Nov 02, 2006
IBEXY:

Qbasic !!!

what will you be doing with that?

why don't you learn the more modern tools like java and C language.

Sorry, u said its for academic purpose.

I still find it hugely outdated and an utter waste of time. I wonder why schools don't teach things happening right now in the market.
Correct me if am wrong.

Yes you are wrong. BASIC is for beginners, and there is nothing wrong in learning how to write simple procedural programs with it. Afterall an infant learns how to walk before he starts running.
Re: Qbasic by IG: 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2006
Try freeBasic (www.freebasic.net), it's as easy as QBasic and as powerfull as C.
Re: Qbasic by SayoMarvel(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2007
i know QBASIC quite well, but how do i teach u
Re: Qbasic by diltony(f): 3:44am On Nov 27, 2007
i am an expert in qbasic. I even have a compiler that can compile your qbasic programs to standalone executable. But then, qbasic is only meant for classromm programming. It sure helped me alot to learn visual basic before i finally learnt oop like c++,
i think it is better to request for sample codes or how to solve specific problems or how to use keywords than to attempt to learn everything right here in this room.
Re: Qbasic by SayoMarvel(m): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2007
diltony i agree with you, i also learnt qbasic before i learnt java. Just learn the basic keywords and what they do. know how to write simple codes that do what you want and then move on in your programmin life. QBasic CANNOT perform all the stunts you need in programming!
Re: Qbasic by Dmajesty(m): 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2007
Web designing and programming is becoming the talk of the moment in information and computer technology. People are made to pay heavy amount of money in other to learn how to design and program web pages. You don’t need to be a computer scientist or a guru in computer for you to know how to handle that. I have a self explanatory tutorial that can guide you to learn how to become a web programmer using the most popular, and powerful web programming language called PHP.

As you go through the site, you can search other free links go get more tutorial in other software with little or no fee. http://knowphp.webs.io

Cheers! Share with others.
One Nigeria Forever
Re: Qbasic by MisterMan(m): 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2007
ishmael:

Yes you are wrong. BASIC is for beginners, and there is nothing wrong in learning how to write simple procedural programs with it. Afterall an infant learns how to walk before he starts running.

He (IBEXY) is righjt and you are wrong. No I don't even agree with u that BASIC is for beginners (it used to), but QBasic is dead and forgotten. QBASIC has little or nothing in common with VB or VB.NET. Because u learnt BASIC with QB does not mean that is the right thing to do or perhaps you learnt it a long time ago. Most of us old timers learnt QB. Now tell me what single resemblance has QB with VB (except in name). Absolutely nothing. Lines nos are gone. If you learn QB, you will have to learn all over again. You not only learn commands but the real concepts. Now these are some of the things you will have to learn all over again (there are so many, but these are the things that came off my head right now):

1 New IDE
2 Completely different concept
3 OOP
4 ActiveX
5 Inability to use DAO, RDO or ADO

IF you go to NDA, will you be thought how to use bows and arrows and dane guns because those are what were used in those days. Look, 8 years in computer world is like a thousand years in the real world. Have you ever interacted with our so called lecturers? Very many will have problems doing or writing a most trivial program.

Please ask those who know. Pple will laugh at you saying you want to learn QB at this age! Do not waste your time. I challenge anybody to tell me what knowledge gained in QBASIC that will be useful in VB. Don't even waste your time with VB. Go straight to .NET

I can go on and on. QB encourages spagetti code. How about On Error. Man, forget it
Re: Qbasic by Donsheddy: 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
i wanna learn programming, so which language do you suggest i start with, i already started with qbasic

(1) (Reply)

Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! / Programmer Or Software Developer To Build An E-learning Portal / Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.