Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People (54800 Views)

30 Interesting Facts About Some Nigerian Minority Ethnic Groups / List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by fratermathy(m): 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
Lanceslot:
Mr Seun can you make it possible for an Op of every thread here in Nairaland to remove comments/adverts like this from their threads?

Thank you sir for this suggestion.
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by haywire07(m): 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
holysina:

hmmmmm serious undecided
And u had to quote the whole post because of ur silly comment?

Gawd!! I don't know d curse to give u.!!

1 Like

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by holysina(m): 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
haywire07:

And u had to quote the whole post because of ur silly comment?

Gawd!! I don't know d curse to give u.!!
u cant course me bcause u ain't God. and secondly if my comment is that silly u would'nt have had the time to quote it tongue
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by holysina(m): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nuellah02:
Try and change. It's the era. #Peace..
yes, when ever I come back then I will change cheesy
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by holysina(m): 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
fratermathy:

I've done that. It's your turn now.
ok. done. I hope say u no vex! grin
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
fratermathy:

I've made edits sir.
No offence originally intended to your good people. We learn everyday.
You are welcome boss
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by haywire07(m): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
holysina:

u cant course me bcause u ain't God. and secondly if my comment is that silly u would'nt have had the time to quote it tongue
I wont "course" u, i will 'subject' u ni.
Am sure u expect pple to click like on dis comment o, oponu oshi
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by chiMoni37(m): 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP....
1. Bonny is still occupied by IJAW people.

2. Opobo still remain Ijaw people.

3. We have Opobo son(Kel4soft) on this forum.

Make amends please...
...abeg park well....Dey don't speak izon Ebe....E dey pain u say dem dey speak IBO and bear IBO names....?

1 Like

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Noneroone(m): 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
@ fratermathy, you have done well. However you will do better if you do more research and modify your explanation in bonny. Most of the inhabitants of the island are igbos. Dont allow barcanista and his second moniker truckpusher to destroy your thread.

2 Likes

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
chiMoni37:
...abeg park well....Dey don't speak izon Ebe....E dey pain u say dem dey speak IBO and bear IBO names....?
Which Igbo name dem they bear for Opobo and Bonny? All the towns and communities are Ijaw names. I doubt if you have every been there in your life. Is Dakuku igbo name? Is Pepple Igbo name? Abeg shift...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Truckpusher(m): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
Noneroone:
@ fratermathy, you have done well. However you will do better if you do more research and modify your explanation in bonny. Most of the inhabitants of the island are igbos. Dont allow barcanista and his second moniker truckpusher to destroy your thread.
No inch of Rivers State belong to the Igbos , and if you want it so badly it would be under blood an sweat and you'll pay the price for greed.

Go figure.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by holysina(m): 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
haywire07:

I wont "course" u, i will 'subject' u ni.
Am sure u expect pple to click like on dis comment o, oponu oshi
if ur done, u can open another thread and look for who to quote tongue
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by UnimkeAk(m): 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
fratermathy:
Please if you want to comment or post a reply, do well to avoid quoting the original post so that graphics wont flood the thread. Thank you!!!

Interesting thread OP.

The attached pic.
He was a Calabar King.

King Eyo Honesty; as you can see from the photo, he wore two crowns to show that he was coronated by her majesty The queen of England and the Efik people.

2 Likes

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by fratermathy(m): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2015
Noneroone:

Exactly. I thought so too. Anyway, I'm aware that the isles were originally inhabited by Ijaws and that's why I treaded carefully and balanced both sides in the edit of the post.
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Noneroone(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
No inch of Rivers State belong to the Igbos , and if you want it so badly it would be under blood an sweat and you'll pay the price for greed.

Go figure.......
barcanista river state is almost an igbo state. We have no need fighting for it. If it pains you, go hang.

1 Like

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by chiMoni37(m): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Which Igbo name dem they bear for Opobo and Bonny? All the towns and communities are Ijaw names. I doubt if you have every been there in your life. Is Dakuku igbo name? Is Pepple Igbo name? Abeg shift...
....ifeoma and Kelechi dey....u 4 type izon name like peremobowei and co....nembe man No dey even claim ijaw na ibani and degema u wan wan include.. Mtcheew....abeg park well with ur izon Ebe mentality....

1 Like

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by fratermathy(m): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
chiMoni37:
....ifeoma and Kelechi dey....u 4 type izon name like peremobowei and co....nembe man No dey even claim ijaw na ibani and degema u wan wan include.. Mtcheew....abeg park well with ur izon Ebe mentality....

Please lets not forget the original intent of this thread sir.
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Heartibaby(f): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
bnovative:
Nice attempt at history but some of your post are factually incorrect. The Annang people don't have a culture of fattening a lady b4 marriage, the Efiks do.
Also the masqurade shown and tagged Akwa cross isn't correct.
The Annang occupy ikot ekpene part of akwa ibom state.
There is nothing like efik/ibibio. Efik is the purest form of the language, though spoken by minority group; others are variant form of efik.

Thank u. Was going to point that out to the Op but u already have. The picture she tagged as an annang maiden getting fattened is even boldly labelled "Calabar Girl".
OP Pls make necessary adjustments. Nice thread though

1 Like

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Noneroone(m): 3:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
fratermathy:

Exactly. I thought so too. Anyway, I'm aware that the isles were originally inhabited by Ijaws and that's why I treaded carefully and balanced both sides in the edit of the post.
even the question of original inhabitants is still subject to research.
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Truckpusher(m): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Noneroone:
barcanista river state is almost an igbo state. We have no need fighting for it. If it pains you, go hang.
Lol, if you're confused between who is Barcanista and Truckpusher then it is no longer a surprise why you're confused about the different distinct ethnic groups that makes up rivers state.

Continue deceiving yourselves by yourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by fratermathy(m): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
bokohalal:
The first picture under '13' labeled as EFIK/IBIBIO is a picture of Oba Ovonranmwen and two women in exile in Calabar, I strongly believe.

You are right sir. However, it is in place. He and the maidens dressed like Efiks do.
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by omonnakoda: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
fratermathy:
My mother swill swell and die like a rotten pig
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by fratermathy(m): 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
omonnakoda:

Why make a fool of yourself repeatedly on a public forum.?

I'll just ignore you and let you do your thing. cool
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by akigbemaru: 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
nigerian histories and pics.
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by omonnakoda: 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
fratermathy:

It will not be well with my mother
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
Truckpusher:

Go figure.......
d only reason why u ijaws have mouth to talk is because we ve moved on and accepted one Nigeria, If Nigeria ever breaks let nothing can stop us from taking back our stolen lands from the Niger delta. Even of the Ijaws like let them stretch through all the coasts in west Africa 1billion of u guys cant stop us. Bunch of land grabbing greedy people.
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lol, if you're confused between who is Barcanista and Truckpusher then it is no longer a surprise why you're confused about the different distinct ethnic groups that makes up rivers state.

Continue deceiving yourselves by yourselves.
thank God for Nigeria thats why u guys have the mouths to spill trash.
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Truckpusher(m): 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
lygn19:

Keep bleating like a goat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by VickJames(m): 3:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
lygn19:

I was thinking of quoting him too but i found out he cant hold sensible argument. so, if they field igbo and ijaw now in any war, ijaw people will come out alive?

what is even wrong with these people?

they are not even upto 5million
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
Keep bleating like a goat.
no be mouth, 100 of una against just 10 if us no fit stop us, thank God for Nigeria, keep thanking him everyday and keep praying your Niger delta dreams are never actualized, only the two of us na una go beg.igbo land stretches from igbanke in edo state down to oyigbo in rivers state with some parts of Opobo and bonny.
If this country EVER breaks after we ve finished carving out our part we would hold referendum on the other parts dont be surprised if we hold referendum even in your hometown, after that the rest can join there remaining Islands and form whatsoever Republic they choose. SIMPLE.
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by omonnakoda: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
Illiterate
Re: Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
VickJames:

I was thinking of quoting him too but i found out he cant hold sensible argument. so, if they field igbo and ijaw now in any war, ijaw people will come out alive?

what is even wrong with these people?

they are not even upto 5million
I am just watching all this ediots talking rubbish, I ve been patient because of my anti-biafra stance but they keep taking us as fools they would quickly jump and say Oyigbo is part of Niger delta they forget that when the abandoned property law was passed in Rivers state oyigbo people also suffered the consequences too same with egbema people who used to be part of old east central until the Obasanjo boundary adjustment, even that mumu hopeathand spilling rubbish about Ekpeye, ikwerre people no support Biafra no mean say Ekpeye people no support am, ekpeye people actively partaked in the war but everybody moved on after 1970, let them keep giving themselves false hope should I give u link of when the rivers state government tried to force ibani language on an igbo speaking community in opobo, the list goes on. I am a strong advocate of one Nigeria because I know whats on board and how we can het our way, lemme not talk further... not everything should be said on social media.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

200-Year-Old Crocodile Showcased At Ero Okeliwo Festival In Ogun (Photos) / Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland / Must See - African Bravery In Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.