Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church (15607 Views)

Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 5:43am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

No infant baptism is a 21st century innovation with no biblical support, both of us who need biblical support, the innovator or the person who came to see your innovation?

Your comment is so confusing. I cant even make a meaning out of it.

Please rephrase
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 5:49am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

Can an imperfect man like the Priest or even the Pope himself come up with a perfect doctrine?

#foodforthought

The Catholic church with the help of the holy spirit(John 16:13) produce infallible doctrines that have stood the test of 2000 years history of the church.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 5:53am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

Can an imperfect man like the Priest or even the Pope himself come up with a perfect doctrinet

The Catholic church with the help of the holy spirit(John 16:13) produce infallible doctrines that have stood the test of 2000 years history of the church.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 5:56am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

Your comment is so confusing. I cant even make a meaning out of it.

Please rephrase

NO INFANT BAPTISM is a 21st century innovation with no biblical support, both of us who need biblical support, the innovator or the person who came to see your innovation?
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 6:06am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

Pictures are not images x go and revise your physics textbook
Even nairaland icon is an image
Can you tell me it is not on your phone.

if it is, certainly i dont worship it like you do worship the images and pictures of Mary and Jesus.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 6:08am On Nov 04, 2015
beright:
Wow, read mark 4:11

My dear it is out of context.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 6:17am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

So given to protestants by Catholics and not mankind by Catholics, I think I have made my point

You are confused.

you earlier wrote that the Bible was given to mankind by Catholics but now you hav changed it to Protestants.

You are still an APOSTATE for claming that the Bible was made by Catholics.

Is this what you were taught in Catechism classes?
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 6:28am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

You are confused.

you earlier wrote that the Bible was given to mankind by Catholics but now you hav changed it to Protestants.

You are still an APOSTATE for claming that the Bible was made by Catholics.

Is this what you were taught in Catechism classes?
So protestants are different from mankind?

Look at my earlier post before contradicting yourself

Who gave the bible to protestants? CATHOLICS
Who gave it to mankind? CATHOLICS

This is only what you don't agree, so others are truth, God be with you.

3 Likes

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 6:32am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

Your Pope who is the highest on the hieracy of the Catholic Church is as imperfect like you and i. He is a sinner just like the Bible rightly pointed out that we are all sinners.

Your doctrines therefore cannot be accurate. Your doctrines are simply human traditions formulated to brainwash people like you.

1 Like

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 6:36am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

NO INFANT BAPTISM is a 21st century innovation with no biblical support, both of us who need biblical support, the innovator or the person who came to see your innovation?

You have once again failed to pass your message clearly. Learn to write legibly so that one can get the meaning of your post.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 6:42am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

So protestants are different from mankind?

Look at my earlier post before contradicting yourself

It is you that is confused and contradicting yourself.

You have so brainwashed that you can no longer tell that you have contradicted yourself.

You do need urgent help
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 7:09am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

It is you that is confused and contradicting yourself.

You have so brainwashed that you can no longer tell that you have contradicted yourself.

You do need urgent help
You left the topic on this thread to attack people on the thread

A sign of frustration. May God have mercy on you.

3 Likes

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Empredboy(m): 7:18am On Nov 04, 2015
Speechless3:

I think you are correct but why is the bible not the only authority?

I get confused sometimes
the Bible is still the only authority right from the beginning of the mass till the end. Everything they do is in the Bible. Please ask any Catholic questions that you are confuse about and we will help you. Glory to Jesus...

2 Likes

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 7:20am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

You are indeed a clown

Provide atleast one recorded example from the Bible where an infant was baptised.

Calling names is a sign of immaturity.
You said infant baptism is wrong, quote the bible to support yourself, claimer support your claim, if you can't, don't ask me to help you by calling me to rephrase or insult me. Enough of beating around the bush.

3 Likes

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

You have once again failed to pass your message clearly. Learn to write legibly so that one can get the meaning of your post.
Quote my illegible writing, then prove ''NO INFANT BAPTISM'' simple english.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 7:24am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

Quote my illegible writing, then prove ''NO INFANT BAPTISM''. Simple english.

1 Like

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by kingk(m): 7:29am On Nov 04, 2015
Ubenedictus:
is there any law in d bible against baptising infants? Or are u a false prophet trying to speak where God has not spoken?

Can you justify innfant baptism as you're being thhought?...........secondly, who's baptism made for, on what ground and condition?.

The infant, what did the repented of? Now, concerning the baptism of water sprinkling, even john the baptist never sprinkled water and I believe he never baptise infants cos they have no sin to repent of, even our lord Jesus christ showed us the way baptism should be.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 7:34am On Nov 04, 2015
beright:
are you a christian?
It is still the same source where life comes from that death also came from; the bible is also a source that have destroyed millions and vise versa.

So handle fire,bible or electricity any how you like. The result is same, different tales for different folks.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Empredboy(m): 7:54am On Nov 04, 2015
beright:
yes there are images on the phones and everywhere but do we worship them? are they part of our worship? Pls try and read Exodus 20:4,5,6. Concerning baptism, when do you baptize? You baptize when u repent, believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour. What do kids know? You cant judge kids until they come of age to know right and wrong. Baptism is not for kids. There is no account of baptis for kids in the bible. If we are xtians by account of the bible then let's follow it and not bend
so Jesus repented and got baptised then became born again? In the New Testament we read that Lydia was
converted by Paul’s preaching and that "She was baptized, with her household" (Acts
16:15). The Philippian jailer whom Paul and Silas had converted to the faith was
baptized that night along with his household. We are told that "the same hour of the
night . . . he was baptized, with all his family" (Acts 16:33). And in his greetings to the
Corinthians, Paul recalled that, "I did baptize also the household of Stephanas" (1 Cor.
1:16).

2 Likes

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by kingk(m): 7:56am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

You said infant baptism is wrong, quote the bible to support yourself, claimer support your claim, if you can't, don't ask me to help you by calling me to rephrase or insult me. Enough of beating around the bush.

Mark 16:16 “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”

NOTE: please do infant believe?......

Acts 2:38 “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”

NOTE: please do infant repent?......

Acts 8:35-38 “Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.”

1 Like

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Empredboy(m): 8:08am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

Tell us please one instance from the Bible where an infant was baptised.

I am waiting please....
read (Acts
16:15). (Acts 16:33). (1 Cor.
1:16). They are households not adult and house means both young (infants) and old (adults). Just like sets theory in mathematics universal set = intersection (n) , Union(U), prime('). So if u can decode the set u will understand the word household

1 Like

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 8:14am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

Quote my illegible writing, then prove ''NO INFANT BAPTISM''. Simple english.

Your posts that is not clear abound on this thread.

Identify them yourself.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 8:19am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

You are a clown because you write and sound like one.

Between you and I, who's been beating round the bush? Simply provide an example of a recorded infant baptism from the Bible but you and your cohorts have been evading this. Back your claim or doctrine with scriptural backing, then I will listen to you.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by beright: 8:23am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 8:23am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

You left the topic on this thread to attack people on the thread

A sign of frustration. May God have mercy on you.

I am far from being frustrated simply because you cannot back up your doctrines with the scriptures.

Rather it is you who is frustrated because the fallacy of your Church doctrines is being exposed.

May God have mercy on you as well.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Empredboy(m): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2015
beright:
Wow, read mark 4:11
mark 4:11 has nothing to do with this topic. About Idol yes there are images in the church but read (Ex. 25:18–20).. This is about the covenant box which the iserealites carried about and adore. (1
Chr. 28:18–19). This is about incense becos God love it.
(Num.
21:8–9).Moses made the bronze serpent so that those who look up to it will be cure. Does it mean that they worship the serpent? Or does it mean God is having a double standard? After all he said no building or worship of idols.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by beright: 8:27am On Nov 04, 2015
Kamxin:

my dear well if u dont understand it, i rest my case. The bible is not like history or any subject book
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by beright: 8:33am On Nov 04, 2015
Empredboy:
mark 4:11 has nothing to do with this topic. About Idol yes there are images in the church but read (Ex. 25:18–20).. This is about the covenant box which the iserealites carried about and adore. (1
Chr. 28:18–19). This is about incense becos God love it.
(Num.
21:8–9).Moses made the bronze serpent so that those who look up to it will be cure. Does it mean that they worship the serpent? Or does it mean God is having a double standard? After all he said no building or worship of idols.
i gave that quotation to tell whoever that cares that one doesnt read the bible like u read english, history or any subject.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 8:33am On Nov 04, 2015
Empredboy:
read (Acts
16:15). (Acts 16:33). (1 Cor.
1:16). They are households not adult and house means both young (infants) and old (adults). Just like sets theory in mathematics universal set = intersection (n) , Union(U), prime('). So if u can decode the set u will understand the word household

There is no need to resort to manipulation to support your baseless claim. The Bible verse cited above mentioned the word *household*. No specific mention was made of INFANTS being among those who got baptized.

Its now obvious that the Catechism classes teaches its members to be manipulative and cunning to buttress their (Catholic) false teachings.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Empredboy(m): 8:41am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

There is no need to resort to manipulation to support your baseless claim. The Bible verse cited above mentioned the word *household*. No specific mention was made of INFANTS being among those who got baptized.

Its now obvious that the Catechism classes teaches its members to be manipulative and cunning to buttress their (Catholic) false teachings.
then u are the one manipulating cos the Bible never said 'DON'T BAPTISE INFANTS" secondly where will infants who die without baptism go to? Remember the same Bible say all have sinned (plus inherited sin of Adam) so the child to have sinned cos God cursed Adam and eve and their generation which is u and I. Thank God Jesus had no sin but was baptised becos of the curse. So where will infants go if they die without baptism? Plz ans us
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by uboma(m): 8:56am On Nov 04, 2015
Empredboy:
then u are the one manipulating cos the Bible never said 'DON'T BAPTISE INFANTS" secondly where will infants who die without baptism go to? Remember the same Bible say all have sinned (plus inherited sin of Adam) so the child to have sinned cos God cursed Adam and eve and their generation which is u and I. Thank God Jesus had no sin but was baptised becos of the curse. So where will infants go if they die without baptism? Plz ans us

Whatever plans God has for infants, I do not know. But I'm sure that as a loving God and our Creator, He will not forget these infants.

Simply accept the fact that there's no recorded case of infant baptism from the Bible and quit being manipulative.

May God have mercy on you.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Empredboy(m): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2015
uboma:

Whatever plans God has for infants, I do not know. But I'm sure that as a loving God and our Creator, He will not forget these infants.

Simply accept the fact that there's no recorded case of infant baptism from the Bible and quit being manipulative.

May God have mercy on you.
why are u contradicting ur self. Shabi u are a bible believer than the catholics so I expect u to know where the infants will go afterall the Bible didn't stopped them from been baptised. Also Christ commands the children to come... (Matt. 19:14).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Worship Of Mary And The Use Of Images In The Catholic Church / Maurice Ampaw: 8 Out Of 10 Pastors In Ghana Are Sleeping With Married Women / Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.