Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic (7769 Views)

How a Christian should debate an atheist using science and logic / Faith,belief,reason And Truth. / Ways In Which Christianity Inoculates It's Self Against Reason And Logic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
Saw this in another place and am sharing.

Here are some examples and tactics that the Bible uses to protect itself against logic and constructive criticism.

Matthew 10:22 - And all nations will hate you because you are my followers. But everyone who endures to the end will be saved.

Translation - When people think you're offending them, or if people question your beliefs or general morality and sense of moral superiority, or your right to stick you nose in their business, or why you feel your opinion or point of view should be better than theirs: Good job, you're doing it right. If you find that nobody outside your small circle of believers likes you, keep up the good work and hold fast to your delusions. If anyone tries to convince you with logic and sound arguments that you're wrong, DON'T LISTEN! Endure until the end.

John 20:29 - Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Translation - Poor doubting Thomas. You used a healthy skeptical mind and deductive reasoning to try to avoid being scammed. Shame on you. Blessed are those who believe stuff without any proof, even if it doesn't make any sense to you, just keep believing. If you believe really hard, that's a good quality. The less proof there is, the more you should do mental gymnastics to believe.

Deuteronomy 6:16 says
"You shall not put the LORD your God to the test, as you tested Him at Massah"

Also referred to by Jesus when he's rappin' with Satan in both Matthew 4:7 and Luke 4:12

Translation - So, when you are being ask for any type of objective proof/evidence of the claims and assertions you make, the pat answer is "nope, don't test God cos he said not to. So, sorry, no proof."

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).

Translation - Fulfill the law, but not abolish it, seems to mean."Take the stuff that you like from the Old Testament, and keep it. Take the stuff that you don't like from the Old Testament, and say it's been fulfilled and throw it out as no longer applicable."

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Translation- If you don't believe what I believe then you are a fool. It's literally a recipe to call anyone arguing with you a fool, without winning the argument, and just walk away.

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Translation- Don't worry if you don't get it, whatever 'it' is, you'll get into heaven anyway. The bible is always right and true, even when it says things that are clearly not right and obviously not true. If anything in the bible does not match up to reality, you simply grab the "spiritual" get out of jail free card.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
That is your own transalation..

2 Likes

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by maxti: 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
Sorry, couldn't continue reading cos, I couldn't find or understand your motive
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
@OP Your words against God's. Hmm. My hand no dey ooo. Revelation 22:18-19
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:
@OP Your words against God's. Hmm. My hand no dey ooo. Revelation 22:18-19

Which God?

1 Like

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
dalaman:

Which God?

[NIV] Psalms 146:6 He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever.
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by hahn(m): 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
Interesting thread.

I've always been of the opinion that the devil is an excuse for god's incompetence. No be today grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:

[NIV] Psalms 146:6 He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever.

This remains the claim and assertion of the psalmist.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by plaetton: 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2015
hahn:
Interesting thread.

I've always been of the opinion that the devil is an excuse for god's incompetence. No be today grin

What would could god be without an adversary ? Incompetent.

Every god needs a devil as the fall guy.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
I just like how Christians think their opinion (belief) is evidence that everything in the bible is true.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
dalaman:

This remains the claim and assertion of the psalmist.

Hahaha haha

Even this:

[ESV] Exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
dalaman:
Saw this in another place and am sharing.

Here are some examples and tactics that the Bible uses to protect itself against logic and constructive criticism.

Translation - When people think you're offending them, or if people question your beliefs or general morality and sense of moral superiority, or your right to stick you nose in their business, or why you feel your opinion or point of view should be better than theirs: Good job, you're doing it right. If you find that nobody outside your small circle of believers likes you, keep up the good work and hold fast to your delusions. If anyone tries to convince you with logic and sound arguments that you're wrong, DON'T LISTEN! Endure until the end.

Translation - Poor doubting Thomas. You used a healthy skeptical mind and deductive reasoning to try to avoid being scammed. Shame on you. Blessed are those who believe stuff without any proof, even if it doesn't make any sense to you, just keep believing. If you believe really hard, that's a good quality. The less proof there is, the more you should do mental gymnastics to believe.

Also referred to by Jesus when he's rappin' with Satan in both Matthew 4:7 and Luke 4:12

Translation - So, when you are being ask for any type of objective proof/evidence of the claims and assertions you make, the pat answer is "nope, don't test God cos he said not to. So, sorry, no proof."

Translation - Fulfill the law, but not abolish it, seems to mean."Take the stuff that you like from the Old Testament, and keep it. Take the stuff that you don't like from the Old Testament, and say it's been fulfilled and throw it out as no longer applicable."

Translation- If you don't believe what I believe then you are a fool. It's literally a recipe to call anyone arguing with you a fool, without winning the argument, and just walk away.

Translation- Don't worry if you don't get it, whatever 'it' is, you'll get into heaven anyway. The bible is always right and true, even when it says things that are clearly not right and obviously not true. If anything in the bible does not match up to reality, you simply grab the "spiritual" get out of jail free card.

^^^ dear children , this is a good example of trying to be wise in one's foolishness

Proverbs 3:7

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.

Romans 1:22

22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

Nigga just gave his own puerile translation cheesy

Mtcheww ... grow up joor

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by Richirich713: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
I just love hw atheist think science is truth and if sumthing cannot be proven by science it must be false.

Nd I love it wen they play their "I don't no" card when sum1 asks them wer the world came from.

They always play that card after they made a fool of themselves trying to explain how nothing created everything.
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by hahn(m): 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2015
plaetton:

What would could be without an adversary ? Incompetent.

Every god needs a devil as the fall guy.

Exactly. The devil actually committed less crimes in the holy books than god did.

1 Like

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

^^^ dear children , this is a good example of trying to be wise in one's foolishness

Proverbs 3:7

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.

Romans 1:22

22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

Nigga just gave his own puerile translation cheesy

Mtcheww ... grow up joor

The bible will always protect itself against sound logic and reasoning, this exactly is what you are doing here my friend. Your belief system is seen as a unified whole, such that to questioning any part of it is seen as a threat to the whole system as such it offers you some platitudes as buffer so that you can keep wallowing in its bubble.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
Richirich713:
I just love hw atheist think science is truth and if sumthing cannot be proven by science it must be false.

Nd I love it wen they play their "I don't no" card when sum1 asks them wer the world came from.

They always play that card after they made a fool of themselves trying to explain how nothing created everything.

Do you know where the earth came from? Can you objectively prove your assertion. How do you objectively determine things to be true?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:12am On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

The bible will always protect itself against sound logic and reasoning, this exactly is what you are doing here my friend. Your belief system is seen as a unified whole, such that to questioning any part of it is seen as a threat to the whole system as such it offers you some platitudes as buffer so that you can keep wallowing in its bubble.

Isn't it fascinating that "primitive minds" could come up with such preemptive ingenuity perpetuating its relevance even in our present (modern ) time . wink

Evolutionists aint happy with this fact cool
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 12:25am On Nov 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Isn't it fascinating that "primitive minds" could come up with such preemptive ingenuity perpetuating its relevance even in our present (modern ) time . wink

Evolutionists aint happy with this fact cool

Which fact are you talking about? That some mythical idea they imagine created the earth before creating the sun and the stars, the one that says some mythical God idea that used words of Hebrew to create things or the one that says all humans came from one man and one woman? Evolution despite its many limitation is the corner stone of science, drugs that help mankind are manufactured using it's principles, what drug or scientific principle has the God idea created by the primitive Jewish men has been able to help manufacture?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:44am On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

Which fact are you talking about? That some mythical idea they imagine created the earth before creating the sun and the stars

Please discard these sort of ludicrous misconceptions . Breathe fresh air >>> https://www.nairaland.com/2305535/dealing-misconceptions-10-things-bible

the one that says some mythical God idea that used words of Hebrew to create things or the one that says all humans came from one man and one woman?

LMAOOOOOO .... and 8.7 million species on earth supposedly came from a single cell shocked grin

drugs that help mankind are manufactured using it's principles, what drug or scientific principle has the God idea created by the primitive Jewish men been able manufacture?

Simple . God's ability to create was passed to man . So since man's intelligence isn't God-given , why the disparity between man's intellect and animals' ?
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 12:44am On Nov 04, 2015
2 Tim 3:6 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Translation - Bible proves bible. You can't argue with that.

1 Like

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 12:56am On Nov 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Please discard these sort of ludicrous misconceptions . Breathe fresh air >>> https://www.nairaland.com/2305535/dealing-misconceptions-10-things-bible

You are a joke, the genesis creation myth does not even make sense to you as written in the bible so you decided to give it your own spin just so that you can keep embracing the mythology.

This is what you said

"4.The sun , moon and stars were created on day 4

No no no they weren't .They were created in the beginning before the existence of earth . God just regulated them in connection with the restored earth "

But here is what the bible says.

16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

It is very clear from the bible that God created the sun, moon and stars on the 4th day of creation. The writer of the bible who doesn't really know anything about how the universe operates went ahead to say that God created the sun, moon and stars and put them in a vault to give light on the earth. The writer of genesis knows nothing about the sun, moon, stars and how they were formed. The bible is clear on the matter, your dishonest spin remains a futile attempt at correcting the obvious even if it means you telling lies.

LMAOOOOOO .... and 8.7 million species on earth supposedly came from a single cell shocked grin

Can you explain to me how all the people on earth came from only one man and one woman? Explain to me how it is scientifically possible please.

Simple . God's ability to create was passed to man . So since man's intelligence isn't God-given , why the disparity between man's intellect and animals' ?

Man has a a bigger better brain that all animals. Can you describe this God's ability in full? Can you show us this God's ability in action or will you keep making baseless and blind assertions? I want evidence not baseless comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:58am On Nov 04, 2015
@dalaman ... large local communities even in Nigeria trace their origin to a single man and these communities are named after him . 6, 000 years is enough to populate the earth
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 1:02am On Nov 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@dalaman ... large local communities even in Nigeria trace their origin to a single man and these communities are named after him . 6, 000 years is enough to populate the earth

I want scientific evidence not mere baseless assertions. Large local communities in India trace their origins from a man that descended from planet Neberu. Just bring the scientific evidence that shows that it is possible for all humans on earth to have descended from one man and one woman.

1 Like

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:04am On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

You are a joke, the genesis creation myth does not even make sense to you as written in the bible so you decided to give it your own spin just so that you can keep embracing the mythology.

This is what you said

"4.The sun , moon and stars were created on day 4

No no no they weren't .They were created in the beginning before the existence of earth . God just regulated them in connection with the restored earth "

But here is what the bible says.

16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

It is very clear from the bible that God created the sun, moon and stars on the 4th day of creation. The writer of the bible who doesn't really know anything about how the universe operates went ahead to say that God created the sun, moon and stars and put them in a vault to give light on the earth. The writer of genesis knows nothing about the sun, moon, stars and how they were formed. The bible is clear on the matter, your dishonest spin remains a futile attempt at correcting the obvious even if it means you telling lies.

LMAO .. please read the post again and relate reasonably . You sound desperate

Can you explain to me how all the people on earth came from only one man and one woman? Explain to me how it is scientifically possible please.

Please be logical . If you can show how irrefutably a single cell could bring about 8.7 million species on earth - billions of life forms - then I'm the delusional one

Man has a a bigger better brain that all animals.

Why does man have a bigger better brain than all animals ?

Can you describe this God's ability in full? Can you show us this God's ability in action or will you keep making baseless and blind assertions? I want evidence not baseless comments.

Lemme pick one : Creation . If you can show me that God didn't do it , then I'm the delusional one cool
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:05am On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

I want scientific evidence not mere baseless assertions. Large local communities in India trace their origins from a man that descended from planet Neberu. Just bring the scientific evidence that shows that it is possible for all humans on earth to have descended from one man and one woman.

Name these communities ... please
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:08am On Nov 04, 2015
@dalaman ... please respond fast ... thanks

Anywhere I'm here wink
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by Richirich713: 6:03am On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

Do you know where the earth came from? Can you objectively prove your assertion. How do you objectively determine things to be true?

Why should I prove that God exists to someone else. I believe there's more than enough arguments that God exists. I use my brain, logic, maths, science, experience etc to determine if certain things are true. But that doesn't mean stuff which cannot be proven by maths and science is false.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:27am On Nov 04, 2015
LOL . Dalaman mocks Christianity by showing the audacity to give his translation to some verses in the bible and is defiant and obdurate about how true his translations or explanations are and in this same thread does not agree with the explanation I gave about the creation story cheesy .
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by Fadman4real(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

Which fact are you talking about? That some mythical idea they imagine created the earth before creating the sun and the stars, the one that says some mythical God idea that used words of Hebrew to create things or the one that says all humans came from one man and one woman? Evolution despite its many limitation is the corner stone of science, drugs that help mankind are manufactured using it's principles, what drug or scientific principle has the God idea created by the primitive Jewish men been able manufacture?

Has your evolutionists been able to create live from non living things?
The drugs you claim to create where they created from nothing or was it not the herbs God created you used to create the drugs?

There are a lot of problems with evolution theories such as

Why is there no evidence of macro evolution going on today, i.e changing from one specie to another, or evolution just got lazy?

Where are the missing link after all you can find foissils of 20 million years but can't find foissils between that time till now?

The laws of thermodynamics has been the greatest headache for evolutionists why?

Evolution to me is far from scientific, it is just plain science fiction.

Try and read the book intelligent design byWilliam A. Dembski

2 Likes

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by winner01(m): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2015
If the Holy Bible was written by "primitive men" according to dalaman, and those primitive minds could forsee the logic of today and protect it from that logic.
Then those primitive men must have been very great philosophers who incredibly and supernaturally reasoned far past their time.

Lol, Dalaman somehow believes that they peeped into the future, but is too arrogant to embrace that fact

He should change his name to dumb-a-man. Yeah, that fits better.

2 Likes

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 8:46am On Nov 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

LMAO .. please read the post again and relate reasonably . You sound desperate

The text is already there, it is in simple English. The sun , moon and stars were created on the fourth day of creation and put in a vault to give light to the earth, that is what the text says, you are spinning it and lying because of the new knowledge we have acquired which show that the bible is wrong. many christians have been forced to abandon the genesis creation story and label it as an allegory because it does not match with observable evidence. Dishonest apologist like you try to spin it and tell people that what was written actually means something else, that is why christians interpret it differently, I have seen others that interpret it differently from you, all in a desperate attempt to make the ideas of ancient men who did not even know what the stars are match with reality. The creation account as written in the bible by the ancient hebrews says that the sun moon and stars were all created on the same day of creation, I will take their words over your dishonest and lying spin, when you write your own bible and creation account then i will look at it, until then they have written what they thought and believed and it is false.

Please be logical . If you can show how irrefutably a single cell could bring about 8.7 million species on earth - billions of life forms - then I'm the delusional one

I have never made any claim about a single cell being responsible for 8.7 million species, but if you can explain to me the mechanism used and how some elusive and imaginary God spoke the animals and plant into existence using the Hebrew language then I will agree that I am the delusional one.

Why does man have a bigger better brain than all animals ?

I don't know.

Lemme pick one : Creation . If you can show me that God didn't do it , then I'm the delusional one cool

Which God? Your God is a man made idea of the ancient hebrews, he only acts and does things in the pages of story books written about him by them not in reality.
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2015
Richirich713:

Why should I prove that God exists to someone else. I believe there's more than enough arguments that God exists. I use my brain, logic, maths, science, experience etc to determine if certain things are true. But that doesn't mean stuff which cannot be proven by maths and science is false.

You imaging things and you want your imaginations to be accepted by others as facts?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion / Prophet Alfa Babatunde Finally Confessed / Creepy! Man Searches For A Kingdom Hall In Denmark, Gets This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.