Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,536 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry (19843 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by MaverickExcel1(m): 11:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
Never for once did I imagine that quitting my job will make me cry. About four weeks ago I quit form my job because of some irreconcilable differences I had with the organization.

It was a big shock to the organization because the resignation letter came impromptu. I don’t know if I was thinking that morning but I had to do what was on my mind that fateful morning.

Though, I had spoken with my best friend earlier that morning who discouraged me from quitting but my mind was made up already.

The next day I applied at another organization where my mother had told me there was vacancy. And after the rigorous test and oral interview, I emerged as the best candidate; in fact, I was given the position higher than the one I had applied for.

But…

When I was told the arduous terms and conditions that will qualify me as a staff, I almost threw up (not literally).

I went back home feeling so frustrated but this experience was not the one that made me cry. After, about two weeks, I was approached by a lady (my neighbor actually) to come work for her saying I was really smart.

Finally, my prayer has been answered, I thought to myself. On reaching there, I was told what shocked me to my teeth but I acted as if everything was ok.

The salary was ridiculous.

Another shock was when I was shown the work I’ll be doing (which I love anyway) but the amount of work compared to what she agreed to pay was unbelievable. After, the work that day I felt really stressed out.

When I got home I cried until my eyeballs yelled for mercy because it just occurred to me that where I was working before I was paid higher than what I’m about to be paid even with a lesser work.

The work in this present organization is three times more than what I am doing here.

Though I cried a lot and regretted over why I left the previous organization, I learnt really valuable lessons that I think will benefit a lot of entrepreneurs and employers out there.

Moral Lessons:

Always be contented:

It was my discontentment (oh Lord forgive me) that made me leave my former organization because I wanted more. Little did I know that I was actually in the best position.

Always be contented with what you have, no matter how trivial.

Be patient:

The patient dog always eat the fattest bone. Don’t be in a haste to achieve your dreams.

Stop complaining:

Never complain to others or feel overly agitated over your present condition. My agitation led to impatience which led to discontentment.

Appreciate your boss:

Always appreciate the ‘peanut’ your boss is giving you because he also has bills to pay. So, if you can’t work for him, start your own business.

Don’t be too quick to make decisions:

It’s always best to think over a matter over and over again before making a crucial decision. Think before you act but don’t act before you think.

I hope you have learnt from my mistake?

Experience is not always the best teacher because you won’t live long enough to make all the mistakes in the world.

Has this happened to you before? Share your experience with us. we love to hear from you.

http://maverickexcel.com/how-quitting-my-job-made-me-cry/

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
It was only 4 weeks ago you quit your job and you have applied for 3 jobs after then, you can definitely still get a good job before the end of the year if you dont give up. What i learnt in your experience is that we should always know that 'the grass is not always greener at the other side'. And one thing about quitting job, is that you must have make sure a new job is waiting for you, you cant just wake up one morning and your mind tells you to quit your job, who does that?! Glad you've learnt your lessons. Wishing you all the best and thanks for sharing your experience with us. Cheers!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by youaremad(f): 11:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
sorry
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 04, 2015
Op tell the kinda job you resigned from,what motivated you to resign,the new job,the tougher job,

i dnt even understand the story..

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 04, 2015
youaremad:
sorry
i just read your moniker aloud my frnd thought am referring to hercheesycheesy cheesycheesy
youaremad...like seriously

16 Likes

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by MaverickExcel1(m): 12:59am On Nov 04, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Op tell the kinda job you resigned from,what motivated you to resign,the new job,the tougher job,

i dnt even understand the story..

I write for blogs, websites and magazines. Im a content marketer. Hope you understand

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by youaremad(f): 1:43am On Nov 04, 2015
Jollyjoy:
i just read your moniker aloud my frnd thought am referring to hercheesycheesy cheesycheesy
youaremad...like seriously
what's wrong with yu?

I'm a good girl.
.don't bring trouble

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by ogawisdom(m): 6:05am On Nov 04, 2015
Super story undecided
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by knostbrown01(m): 6:13am On Nov 04, 2015
Touching Story...watch out for the next episode
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by gunuvi(m): 6:36am On Nov 04, 2015
MaverickExcel1:

I write for blogs, websites and magazines. Im a content marketer. Hope you understand
Maybe it's time for you to quit working for others. You may try and start yours too though it's not always easy at the beginning.

5 Likes

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by ghost08(m): 7:21am On Nov 04, 2015
Cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by amicable09(f): 7:27am On Nov 04, 2015
It's well OP, this kind of thing happens especially to people (those of us) who always see greener grass on the other side only for them (us) to cross over to discover that where they (we) were previously was better off. If only they watered their grass a little more... Perhaps, it would have been just as green, if not greener.

I've learnt something today. Oh!And you better start enjoying this one before you run off to a worse place than where you are currently grin

10 Likes

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by beycity(m): 7:29am On Nov 04, 2015
Hehehehe.... You didnt Value what you had untill you lost it.

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by babyfaceafrica: 7:33am On Nov 04, 2015
No one knows tommorrow ,we just make decisions based on what we envisage...its welL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by damton(m): 8:00am On Nov 04, 2015
Hmmm. perseverance is key.
what a sorry story.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by menix(m): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2015
Don't know why people still use the quote of a patience dog eats the biggest bone..

Nah hunger go wound any patience dog of today, wey the bone no dey sufficient again.

@OP.. just cry me a river, it's called learning the hard way..

4 Likes

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Sasuwa(f): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2015
Mjm
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Cre8(m): 8:02am On Nov 04, 2015
Some decisions are like that.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Kockane(m): 8:03am On Nov 04, 2015
gunuvi:

Maybe it's time for you to quit working for others. You may try and start yours too though it's not always easy at the beginning.

This guy is the devil. Don't listen to him!

2 Likes

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by boboLIL(m): 8:03am On Nov 04, 2015
Nice one

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Bsmartt(m): 8:03am On Nov 04, 2015
It is always good for one to look before he/she leep. A great lesson for us all. Thanks @OP for sharing your experience with us.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by olaolulazio(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2015
Eeeeyah!
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by engrjosefz(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2015
DOOOH
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by VickyRotex(f): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2015
Ehyaaa. cry cry

Wish you greater heights.

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by eleko1: 8:05am On Nov 04, 2015
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Adesiji77: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2015
Touching!

However, you cannot change the past, you just have to look forward to the future with confidence.

Changing a job is a very serious decision and it can emotionally tasking. I have been there before...

Now that you have learned your lessons, don't wallow in self-pity but be determined to make the best of your current situation. See the new employment as a training camp for a higher ground and be grateful that you still have a job. Focus only on the "positives" and you will see yourself having calmness of heart...

You never know what may be at the end of the "tunnel". Keep praying, working and hoping for the best.

Leave the past behind and move on!

3 Likes

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by maxiuc(m): 8:06am On Nov 04, 2015
Imagine me at my age I earn an amount that can't even buy two tyres of sienna bus but am stilll managing bcus I want to master my skills I can't quit my Job unless I see a well paying offer

6 Likes

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by odeebee: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2015
Really gud lesson may God help our decisions. I did and it favoured me in 2014 and am happier now
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by CertifiedFreak(m): 8:08am On Nov 04, 2015
Dude, how are you gonna explain all this to Saraki?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Myths About Ican / My Journey After Graduation In 2012 / MOUAU Sacks Additional 370 Staff. See Picture Of The Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.