Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS (17031 Views)

Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs / Bvn Registration Continues- Cbn, Nibss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Adesiji77: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2015
Banks are indeed overwhelmed....

Three days after the expiration of the deadline set for bank customers to register and obtain their Bank Verification Number, the Nigeria Interbank Settlement System Plc has disclosed that Deposit Money Banks in the country have yet to link 6.6 million BVNs to bank accounts.

The PUNCH had on Tuesday exclusively reported that at least five million bank accounts had been blocked by the banks.

The NIBSS, owned by the CBN and commercial banks in the country, is the technical organisation appointed by the central bank and the Bankers’ Committee to be in charge of the BVN project.

The NIBSS, in an emailed response to enquiries by our correspondent on Tuesday, stated that only 14.4 million BVNs had been linked to bank accounts out of the total of 21 million BVN holders in the country.

The organisation absolved itself of blame for the delay in linking the BVNs to bank accounts, saying only the banks had the details of their customers and could therefore link the numbers to the accounts.

The Head, Corporate Communications, NIBSS, Lilian Phido, said the organisation and the CBN had done several public enlightenment campaigns to educate customers on the BVN process, adding that failure to register and link the BVN at the banks could not have been caused by the organisation.

Meanwhile, long queues of customers seeking to obtain and verify their BVNs persisted in banking halls across the country on Tuesday, leading to chaotic situations in most of the branches.

For most part of the banking hours on Tuesday, officials battled to manage the crowd of customers at most of the bank branches visited by our correspondent in Lagos.

Reports indicated that similar situations prevailed in Abuja, Port Harcourt and other major cities in the country.

Branches of First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Access Bank Plc, Ecobank Nigeria Plc, Diamond Bank and Guaranty Trust Plc visited by our correspondent in Lagos were filled with customers seeking to obtain and verify their BVNs.

At some of the branches, bank officials were heard advising some of the customers to go to the lenders’ websites to link the BVNs to their accounts.

They also asked them to send SMS to certain numbers and the BVNs would be linked to their bank accounts.

However, the angry customers refused and insisted on staying in the queues until the problems were resolved and their bank accounts reactivated.

“They have blocked my bank accounts and I cannot access money and they are telling me to come back. How will I get money to do the basic things I want to do? These people are not serious,” a customer was heard saying at a bank branch in Surulere.

Further findings by our correspondent showed that the DMBs had on Monday unblocked several accounts from the over five million they had blocked on Saturday night when the deadline expired.

Our correspondent found out that a significant number of the affected customers had their bank accounts activated immediately after filing the BVN verification forms.

Meanwhile, banking sources told our correspondent that most banks were planning to introduce weekend services to enable the customers to register and obtain their BVNs.
http://punchng.com/2015/11/3698 lalasticlala, dominique
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by SosaMontana(m): 7:44am On Nov 04, 2015
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by boboLIL(m): 7:48am On Nov 04, 2015
BVN for wetin? Why the stress? Wen I no get reach 3k for bank...na nxt year I go do my own....

7 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2015
This shitty policy will hurt the banks.

2 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by MadCow1: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
I love this BVN thing..

I expect the Government to lift the Dollar restrictions on the economy after settling this BVN issue..

Make all these Niggas wey dey open multiple accounts with different names dey use them dey launder money yansh open.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Berrylite: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
My money don hang for fcmb.
No more lending of any kind grin grin grin

Check my signature for total freedom from diabetes

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by macuwon(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
WHAT
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by macuwon(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
IS
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by macuwon(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
BVN?

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
So many people who had done their BVN still got messages that their accounts had been frozen despite their compliance.

10 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by richieroxy(f): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
nah to dey keep money under bed now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by seniorbros(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
boboLIL:
BVN for wetin? Why the stress? Wen I no get reach 3k for bank...na nxt year I go do my own....

Funny

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Seculent: 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
OK.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by jeje123(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
Whose fault?
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Trailblazer1(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
grin grin grin
There are Ghosts everywhere you go in Naija

Ghost workers
Ghost students
Ghost accounts
and even Ghost President grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Gbajabiamila1: 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
Reason it's so hard for GTB to link mine thereby restricting my account from some transactions.

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by saintkel(m): 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2015
Una say make we do bvn, which opne come be link again?

2 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Tenim47(m): 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2015
Idiot pple, i cnt witdraw even wit BVN

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by LordMecuzy(m): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by gneisss: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
bvn nonsense...i did mine ages ago but then my nonsense GT bank didn't link my account ...but they wey quick to block it...had to go through so much stress to get cash due to the banks incompetence

2 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Trailblazer1(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:
I love this BVN thing..

I expect the Government to lift the Dollar restrictions on the economy after settling this BVN issue..

Make all these Niggas wey dey open multiple accounts with different names dey use them dey launder money yansh open.

You dont always disappoint,

with your shallow mindset, your always overate your opinion and thereby ignorantly advertising your ignorance undecided

6.6 million Nigerians can not be "money launderers"
thats so ridiculous

wait till you see the ripple effect of this

3 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by menix(m): 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
The thunder that will fire First Bank will be enormous that their elephant will run..

After registering for the BVN months back this old papa bank had to block my account that I have to link it(abeg nah another person account them use do the BVN wey go make mii still link am)

FBN should go nd learn frm GTB ooo..

With the vex I waka enta GTB (law school branch VI) to process My ATM after wasting my time they said the ATM will be ready in 5 working dayz, I shout "Blood of Joseph"..

GTB wey I dey use get hope they do Master card for 5 working dayz while FBN(Old papa bank) gives it instant.

Nah to dey save my money for peak milk kpangolo remain so, cous all of em bank get their own..

9 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by TheNextAce: 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2015
Imagine
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2015
Fvckers freezed my account eventhough I had done mine,sh1t country under a sh1t president. Change my freaking left balls

3 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by siegfried99(m): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
Na wa oo
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by rozayx5(m): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
embarassed

the kind stress wey gtb cos me today because of bvn wey i do since last year dey pain me

after filling the form to link it . i have to wait another 48 hours angry angry

was wndering why i cud not receive funds . after doing my bvn since
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by cosmic22(m): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
went to first bank with my last card on Monday...before I reach gate my heart dey pound....c crowd....in ma mind I was like ..oh no!!!....... me DAT did bvn since may.... I almost cry.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by zenith4biz(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
There should have been clear cut direction, after registration are we still going to the same bank to link it again?

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Kingbilo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
They froze my mums account even after she did hers.. Now they are telling her she must go back to the branch where she did it initially to rectify the situation... Unfortunately that bank is on the other side of lagos. embarassed
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by kelvyn7: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
shocked
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by chrisxxx(m): 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
This country is a bizarre land. I went to the bank the other day the crowd I saw made me to do a calculation of the feasible days it would take to register every account holder. In most banks there were over one thousand customers with only one BVN point.
Let us assume it takes 5 minutes to register a customer which is not the case, in one hour only 12 persons would be registered.
In 8 hours working day 96 persons would be registered
In a month 96x24=2304 customers will be registered.
In one year 2304x12=27648 customers will be registered.
How would a reasonable person give such an unrealistic time target to achieve the registration of all account as if we stay in the line to get paid?
We make money elsewhere and bring it to the bank for safe keeping.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Telecom Companies To Lose Operating Licences In Feb’2017 – NCC / Restoring The Lost Glory At Ariaria International Market. / Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.