Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers (14542 Views)

Falana Writes Dogara Over Jibrin - Copy Of The Letter / Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ / Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by DONSMITH123(m): 8:45am On Nov 04, 2015
The cold war and mutual suspicion between the camps of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, and the House Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila, may soon spiral into yet another clash, this time, over the composition and appointment of chairpersons of House committees.
PREMIUM TIMES had reported the dissatisfaction among lawmakers of the ruling All Progressives Congress, who complained that the composition of the committees favoured the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.
They also said the development which saw PDP members appointed to some key committees, including works, petroleum resources, aviation, army etc., could sabotage the “change mantra” of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Mr. Gbajabiamila accused Mr. Dogara of undermining him and other principal officers, who he said were not consulted by Mr. Dogara ahead of the appointments.
In a letter dated October 20, addressed to Mr. Dogara, Mr. Gbajabiamila cautioned the Speaker against undermining his office as well as those of any Principal Officer in constituting the committees.
In the letter, he reminded the Speaker of the several meetings they had during which the House Leader said he sought understanding of what was going on with the composition of chairmen and vice chairmen of the committees.
“I did this because of the incessant rumour that same had been composed,” he wrote. “On each occasion you assured me that nothing had been done. From all indications, however, it appears that an announcement of Chairmen and Deputy Chairmen is imminent and such may be done this week.”
He continued, “Honourable Speaker, I acknowledge your right and prerogative to determine the leadership of the House Committees and I intend to work with you after such determination has been made. I intend and have stated privately and publicly to work with you for the progress of the House.
“However, I am constrained at this point to ask that due consideration is given to the provision of our House Rules, Order 7 Rule 10 paragraph (a) which states that the Speaker shall in consultation with principal officers, appoint chairmen and deputy chairmen from among the members of the committees.
“On the role of the Majority/House Leader: Order 7 Rule 27 (2) c says that the Leader of the House shall ‘liaise with committee chairmen and other functionaries of the House’.”
By the foregoing, Mr. Gbajabiamila told Mr. Dogara that undermining the office of any principal officer would not strengthen Nigerian democracy and legislature.
He said he had taken liberty to write the letter, hoping that Mr. Dogara would comply with relevant House Rules before announcement of the composition of the committees.
Three days after the letter was forwarded, October 23, Mr. Dogara unveiled the headships of 96 special and standing committees, apparently confirming Mr. Gbajabiamila’s concerns.
A lawmaker, Babban kaita (APC-katsina State) and an aide to the House Leader, told PREMIUM TIMES that the composition was made without consultation with the principal officers.
Mr. Kaita said the aggrieved APC members could have taken action to stall announcement.
But they acted otherwise in consideration of members of the public who had complained the legislative had spent much time fighting before, he said.
Another member, Sunday Adepoju (APC-Oyo State), who resigned last week as the Deputy Chairman of House Committee on Special Duties, said he took the step to protest “the strengthening of PDP at the expense of my party, APC.”
Mr. Dogara’s spokesperson, Turaki Hassan, said the principal officers were duly consulted, and accused Mr. Gbajabiamila of lying.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/192605-gbajabiamila-writes-dogara-accuses-him-of-undermining-principal-officers.html

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by LastSurvivor: 8:46am On Nov 04, 2015
Somebody still sounds pained about loosing the Honorable Speaker's seat to somebody else..

One thing APC hate doing is conceding defeat..
Anyway I pray the cold war turns to hot war soonest..

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by malton: 8:47am On Nov 04, 2015
And the blame game begins. He's wrong to not have informed you before. But seeing how you're reacting, one can't help but think he did the right thing. He knew all along that you'll try to influence things in favour of your party.
And if I may ask, please, what exactly is this change mantra these people are preaching? I still have yet to see anything being done differently asides over at the NNPC. If anything, Mr president sounds like it's a GEJ regime all over again; "Nigeria is broke", "we cannot afford to pay ministers"...the repetitive song is damn irritating. And I ask, if you can't even afford to pay 36 ministers, should the youths dare harbour any thoughts of employment by this government at all?

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by sample042(m): 8:48am On Nov 04, 2015
Notice me.. Am beginning to hate ds man.

What's d future of the youths having this man as a legislature?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by OnankpaBa(m): 8:49am On Nov 04, 2015
So, we are back to the era of letter writing again.

I love OBJ. He will make it public just like the open letter to GEJ. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by SmithEnemona(m): 8:50am On Nov 04, 2015
This arrogant man in the news again.

Wetin d man want sef?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by SmithEnemona(m): 8:51am On Nov 04, 2015
sample042:
Notice me.. Am beginning to hate ds man

not only you o

6 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by SonOfTheLion(m): 8:51am On Nov 04, 2015
grin

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:51am On Nov 04, 2015
Is your interest on what you get or the competence of the heads and the constituent members of each committee?

Gbajabiamila is aiming to assume semi-godfather to some of his colleagues in the HOR.

Majority of Nigerian Politicians are just self serving.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by Mogidi: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2015
PREMIUM TIMES had reported the dissatisfaction among lawmakers of the ruling All Progressives Congress, who complained that the composition of the committees favoured the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.

Did I hear someone say PDP was dead?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:54am On Nov 04, 2015
APC made a big mistake bargaining seats and house leader for this man.

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:54am On Nov 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Is your interest on what you get or the competence of the heads and the members of the committee?

That's naija for you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by saint047(m): 8:56am On Nov 04, 2015
MTN saw all this coming and did an Advert
"When Nollywood was growing, we were there" "We will always be here for Nigeria"
Case closed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by DONSMITH123(m): 8:57am On Nov 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Is your interest on what you get or the competence of the heads and the members of the committee?

My brother, i think he's having issues with the bolded. grin
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by DONSMITH123(m): 8:58am On Nov 04, 2015
saint047:
MTN saw all this coming and did an Advert

"When Nollywood was growing, we were there"
"We will always be here for Nigeria"

Case closed

grin grin grin. and NCC will continue slamming them.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by OnankpaBa(m): 8:59am On Nov 04, 2015
DONSMITH123:

But seriously, He's right. When PDP are in Power, how many position do they give out to the opposition?
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by OnankpaBa(m): 9:00am On Nov 04, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

Not a mistake my dear.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by Lanretoye(m): 9:02am On Nov 04, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
who understands this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2015
When we were campaigning for Dogara where was Gbajabiamila? Thank you Dogara for affirming PDP's authority in the HOR. You are miles ahead of Saraki.

6 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by OnankpaBa(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2015
uncle lalasticlala push food out for wailers
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:06am On Nov 04, 2015
DONSMITH123:

And you think we don't know that the controversy and dissatisfaction are chaired and promoted by Hon. Gbajabiamila (the chief loser) and this group?

Forget about the news of the dissatisfaction as being spontaneous rather someone stirred it and if I may ask you, who do you think engineered it, if not Gbajabiamila himself?

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by OnankpaBa(m): 9:07am On Nov 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
When we were campaigning for Dogara where was Gbajabiamila? Thank you Dogara for affirming PDP's authority in the HOR. You are miles ahead of Saraki.

Bros, i know you'll support him for giving out all the juicy positions to PDP. But Dogara should watch his back. HOR is more peaceful than Senate and he should not undermine that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by DONSMITH123(m): 9:09am On Nov 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

And you think we don't know that the controversy and dissatisfaction are chaired and promoted by Hon. Gbajabiamila (the chief loser) and this group?

Forget about the news of the dissatisfaction as being spontaneous rather someone stirred it and if I may ask you, who do you think engineered it, if not Gbajabiamila himself?

I think He's just angry for loosing the honorable Speaker's seat to Dogara and there is nothing else he can do than making noise.

Politicians are just funny anyway.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by Icecomrade: 9:09am On Nov 04, 2015

A party built on the foundation of lies and propaganda will definitely turn against itself.

A party that thrives of lies and propaganda will crumble

Am watching on HD

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by Goddex: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2015
When Tambuwal who had worked very closely with these two described Dogara
as much more intelligent, more competent than Gbaja, he was absolutely right

Now, two options are open to Gbaja:

1) Go to court

2) Go and die

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by braine(m): 9:11am On Nov 04, 2015
Okay
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by Dannyset(m): 9:11am On Nov 04, 2015
In as much as I think that Dogara flouted their Standing Rules not to consult the Principal Officers of the House especially the House Leader, I can categorically say these people are selfish at the expense of Nigerians beyond redemption.
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by wachakuta(m): 9:11am On Nov 04, 2015
Goood
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers by neolboy(m): 9:11am On Nov 04, 2015
This guy wey dey climb fence still dey legislate

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Will Address The Challenges, Keep Faith With Your Country - Bwala / Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon / APC Inherited Insurgency From A Clueless PDP Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.