Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (172707 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
SYLVESTER777:
After roofing a house what comes next in the building of a bungalow?PLS ANSWER -urgent.Thanks spyder880

Plumbing piping, Plastering, ceiling and wiring.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
ricki:
cant believe you still using ur nissan 4x4 oga sypder. it meant u are taking good care of it. grin

When money no dey, man must hold tight to the one he has cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
I might continue this house this week, I plan to buy the roofing wood tomorrow, and thereafter, speak with my roofers for a good quality stone coated roofing tile, Wichtec, Tilcor, or any other top range product, cost updates when we commence.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ibkgab001: 9:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
thanks for the update Boss.... Job well-done sir

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 1:42am On Feb 01, 2016
spyder880:
I might continue this house this week, I plan to buy the roofing wood tomorrow, and thereafter, speak with my roofers for a good quality stone coated roofing tile, Wichtec, Tilcor, or any other top range product, cost updates when we commence.

This cost, I will be very interested. The roofing wood and the Stone Coated with the Labors. Thanks.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by elvis07: 1:08am On Feb 03, 2016
@spyder and the entire house, pls i have three(3) questions that needs urgent answers.
1. IS IT PROPER TO PLASTER A HOUSE BEFORE PUTTING A PVC CEILING.
2. WHICH IS THE BEST NIGERIAN PVC PRODUCT ANY ONE CAN RECOMMEND AND THEIR PRICES
3. WHICH IS BEST FOR KITCHEN. POP or PVC
spyder880:

Plumbing piping, Plastering, ceiling and wiring.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 1:56am On Feb 03, 2016
elvis07:
@spyder and the entire house, pls i have three(3) questions that needs urgent answers.
1. IS IT PROPER TO PLASTER A HOUSE BEFORE PUTTING A PVC CEILING.
2. WHICH IS THE BEST NIGERIAN PVC PRODUCT ANY ONE CAN RECOMMEND AND THEIR PRICES
3. WHICH IS BEST FOR KITCHEN. POP or PVC

My Oga will also get to you soon... but here:

1. Yes. Its better to do the ceiling first so the PVC can align properly and sides sealed. (Edited see below).
2. I was looking for the one Spyder used in his house made by Innoson in Enugu... but none available is available in Lagos area.
So I used Amoula Paragon PVC, which is very strong. They have all info and prices on their website below. They are at Ikeja in Lagos.
Here is their website: http://www.amoulaventuresltd.com/
3. POP is better for kitchen because it's fire retardant...

Note: Amoula "Daniella" color looks good... and the wide format is better than the thin ones.

Hope the info helps.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Mayor78: 4:47am On Feb 03, 2016
spyder880:
Our stones

Prof. Spyder, what are these stones called and what sort of work would they be used for in the building, German floor?, Decking? foundation filling or what? Please enlighten us more.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by gabbytabby: 5:18am On Feb 03, 2016
mufutau55:

My Oga will also get to you soon... but here:

1. Yes. Its better to plaster the house first so the PVC can align properly and sides sealed.
2. I was looking for the one Spyder used in his house made by Innoson in Enugu... but none available is available in Lagos area.
So I used Amoula Paragon PVC, which is very strong. They have all info and prices on their website below. They are at Ikeja in Lagos.
Here is their website: http://www.amoulaventuresltd.com/
3. POP is better for kitchen because it's fire retardant...

Note: Amoula "Daniella" color looks good... and the wide format is better than the thin ones.

Hope the info helps.

Hajji M.

Mba mba hajj me I know agree oh unless na money matter ceiling first before plaster such that all holes beside pvc are sealed.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Mayor78: 7:04am On Feb 03, 2016
Well done Prof. I've seen answers to my earlier questions on use of stones. God must provide you the means to finish up. You've done well brov! Am learning.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:11am On Feb 03, 2016
gabbytabby:

Mba mba hajj me I know agree oh unless na money matter ceiling first before plaster such all holes beside pvc are sealed.

Its true sister, there are sometimes when if you plaster before the PVC, there might be gaps created where lizards, small rats and cockroaches can enter and exit the room, not to talk of air and sound. Sometimes, painting the house seals some of the cracks but other times when the gap is big, painting cannot seal it.

Another point here is that the PVC which is plastered later, the plaster adds to the support under the PVC, preventing it from sliding and sagging on the edges.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2016
gabbytabby:

Mba mba hajj me I know agree oh unless na money matter ceiling first before plaster such all holes beside pvc are sealed.

Ok o. My Mama I don take the correction o. Just that always do my plastering first. I guess both works. I will try your way next time Ma. Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2016
spyder880:

Its true sister, there are sometimes when if you plaster before the PVC, there might be gaps created where lizards, small rats and cockroaches can enter and exit the room, not to talk of air and sound. Sometimes, painting the house seals some of the cracks but other times when the gap is big, painting cannot seal it.

Another point here is that the PVC which is plastered later, the plaster adds to the support under the PVC, preventing it from sliding and sagging on the edges.

Makes real sense my Oga. I will try that process next time. Thank you for the correction and the reasons.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by elvis07: 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Thank u so much @ hajj m, spyder880 nd gabby tabby for this info bcus I was abt plastering then later pvc, but this info at hand is gonna help alot. So its gonna b pvc b4 plastering.
@ Hajji M amoula pvc is nt in owerri, so it's bck to u oga spyder880 nd oda pple around owerri to give me info of d best nigerian pvc in d market.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
elvis07:
Thank u so much @ hajj m, spyder880 nd gabby tabby for this info bcus I was abt plastering then later pvc, but this info at hand is gonna help alot. So its gonna b pvc b4 plastering.
@ Hajji M amoula pvc is nt in owerri, so it's bck to u oga spyder880 nd oda pple around owerri to give me info of d best nigerian pvc in d market.

No. I know it's in Lagos not Owerri. Not sure how far is Owerri to Enugu, because I think Spyder880 got his Inosson made in Enugu.
I am sure he will reply soon..

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 2:32am On Feb 04, 2016
mufutau55:

No. I know it's in Lagos not Owerri. Not sure how far is Owerri to Enugu, because I think Spyder880 got his Inosson made in Enugu.
I am sure he will reply soon..

Hajji M.

Thank you Hajj, Owerri is 1 and half hour drive from Enugu and Innoson may be found in Owerri too, not too sure anyway, there are very scarce in the markets these days, but they have good products.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 3:30am On Feb 04, 2016
Roofing wood delivered to site, cost updates when I count the wood later.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
Inside my master bedroom, using iron rope to tie down roofing tie beams.......

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
Roof king post height is 6.9 meters cheesy

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
More work......

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
And so, I peeled off the parapet wood...... and.......

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
Closer......

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
Work goes on..........

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by frakdon(m): 7:43am On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=spyder880 post=42709088][/quote] good morning, Mr spyder880, been following, for some time now..please do you mind, have something I want to discuss with you?
Thanks.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by charlesadeoye(m): 9:34am On Feb 08, 2016
spyder880:
Work goes on..........
Oga Spyder, more grease to your elbow sir, i have a question, how many blocks of 9' do you think would be sufficient for a 4 bedroom flat ensuite(a bungalow) with two sitting rooms till the roof level?
and also how many blocks of 9' would fence a plot of 60 by 120..
i will appreciate a swift response sir
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 3:41am On Feb 10, 2016
spyder880:
Roof king post height is 6.9 meters cheesy

Wow! Almost 23 feet? That is high... Watching...

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by whirlwind7(m): 7:04am On Feb 10, 2016
mufutau55:

Wow! Almost 23 feet? That is high... Watching...

Hajji M.

Apart from aesthetics, is there a practical reason for such high roofs?
I'm aware that in temperate regions where there is a lot of snow, high roofs are recommended so that snow doesn't get to pile up on the roof, and cause damages.
In a tropical climate like Nigeria, does high roof serve a purpose, please?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by idris4r83(m): 8:10am On Feb 10, 2016
whirlwind7:

I'm aware that in temperate regions where there is a lot of snow, high roofs are recommended so that snow doesn't get to pile up on the roof, and cause damages.
ventilation, high roofs gives room for ventilation which reduces heat radiation from the roofing sheets.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by abouzaid: 9:55am On Feb 10, 2016
whirlwind7:

i consider it as been mostly aesthetics, little ventilation effect since most roofs nowadays don't have ventilation holes on the roof eaves where the hot air from the roof can escape from.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by emychukwu: 11:55am On Feb 14, 2016
Oga spider, abeg no forget d cost update for the roofing sheet or tile ur making use of, tanx bro.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by davinchi(m): 12:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
Weldone boss, you truly know your onions and I want to tap from your wealth of experience. Sorry to digress, What is the best material to use in patching holes on roof(Metcopo steptiles) to prevent water leakage on POP ceiling? Silicon gum , flash band or what else and which is the best? Thanks a million and God bless you.

[b][/b]
spyder880:

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.