Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (172841 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 12:42am On Dec 07, 2017
spyder880:

I must do that. I hope they complete the works by tomorrow.

Thanks Sir.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by tivta(m): 9:12am On Dec 07, 2017
This house is finished na. It is already complete. Oya where is the next project?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by InvertedHammer: 6:48am On Dec 08, 2017
spyder880:
Can I just level all the sand in this compound and turn it to a sand field? grin

Whatever, any serious work here in this compound will be next year.
/

Landscaping this big compound will be another headache.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 8:34am On Dec 08, 2017
Due to the many demands from my friends and readers here and the several inquiries I get on private chats and emails, I think I should reproduce this building plans and the exact specifications.

This building is small, and can comfortably fit into a plot size of 50 X 100 ft. The length of this building is 17850 while the width is 10275. Inside this building, we have the following arrangements;

Downstairs

1 main lounge
1 dining room with pantry
1 kitchen
1 kitchen veranda
1 kitchen store
1 entrance porch
1 entrance lobby
2 guest bedrooms, all en suite
1 visitors W/C

Upstairs

1 ensuite master bedroom with a walk in closet
2 children's bedrooms all en suite
1 stairwell
1 small room that can be used to store inverters or batteries
1 family lounge
1 sit out facing the compound

There are 21 doors and 31 windows in this house.

You can view the attached building plans to confirm the layout of the rooms.

As to the cost of construction for this building. The total cost for the construction of this building from foundation works till the building is roofed with high quality stone coated roofing tiles will be about N12.5 m for every material and labour/workmanship and supervision/site management involved in this building.

The finish is a little tricky because of the different variations that can come in when choices of the different finish items are all spelt out. But with moderate materials and good quality components that you see me fit in this house from windows till doors and POP ceiling till tiles and screed/painting, a total of N12.5 m should also be budgeted for the finish stage. Please note that this cost can change, if the choice of the client is foreign tiles and security doors in most places. This quote can work for us in areas with firm soil in the south east, South west, South south and North central parts of Nigeria. Construction time frame for the start and completion of this building could be as short as 120 days if the funding is not delayed.

We assure you of our good work ethics and quality delivery in all aspects of the work.

My contact details still remains 0803 335 0750 for both voice calls and WhatsApp chats.

Thank you all.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by tivta(m): 8:41am On Dec 08, 2017
spyder880:
Due to the many demands from my friends and readers here and the several inquiries I get on private chats and emails, I think I should reproduce this building plans and the exact specifications.

This building is small, and can comfortably fit into a plot size of 50 X 100 ft. The length of this building is 17850 while the width is 10275. Inside this building, we have the following arrangements;

Downstairs

1 main lounge
1 dining room with pantry
1 kitchen
1 kitchen veranda
1 kitchen store
1 entrance porch
1 entrance lobby
2 guest bedrooms, all en suite
1 visitors W/C

Upstairs

1 ensuite master bedroom with a walk in closet
2 children's bedrooms all en suite
1 stairwell
1 small room that can be used to store inverters or batteries
1 family lounge
1 sit out facing the compound

There are 21 doors and 31 windows in this house.

You can view the attached building plans to confirm the layout of the rooms.

As to the cost of construction for this building. The total cost for the construction of this building from foundation works till the building is roofed with high quality stone coated roofing tiles will be about N12.5 m for every material and labour/workmanship and supervision/site management involved in this building.

The finish is a little tricky because of the different variations that can come in when choices of the different finish items are all spelt out. But with moderate materials and good quality components that you see me fit in this house from windows till doors and POP ceiling till tiles and screed/painting, a total of N12.5 m should also be budgeted for the finish stage. Please note that this cost can change, if the choice of the client is foreign tiles and security doors in most places. This quote can work for us in areas with firm soil in the south east, South west, South south and north central parts of Nigeria. Construction time frame for the start and completion of this building could be as short as 120 days if the funding is not delayed.

We assure you of our good work ethics and quality delivery in all aspects of the work.

Thank you all.

Congrats once again. Quick question what would be the construction duration if it was a bungalow of 2twice the ground floor? Minimum duration.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 8:48am On Dec 08, 2017
tivta:

Congrats once again. Quick question what would be the construction duration if it was a bungalow of 2twice the ground floor? Minimum duration.

About 90 days.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by tivta(m): 9:40am On Dec 08, 2017
spyder880:

About 90 days.

So can't be built within 30days? Even with too much money?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Jethrolite(m): 9:44am On Dec 08, 2017
spyder880:

The finish is a little tricky because of the different variations that can come in when choices of the different finish items are all spelt out. But with moderate materials and good quality components that you see me fit in this house from windows till doors and POP ceiling till tiles and screed/painting, a total of N12.5 m should also be budgeted for the finish stage.

Thank you all.
So N25m will complete this house from start to turnkey?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 10:27am On Dec 08, 2017
Jethrolite:
So N25m will complete this house from start to turnkey?

Yes Sir, while my entire team will be waiting behind family, friends and the clergy for the chilled wines and the rice and inevitable chicken as the house is declared open! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Jethrolite(m): 10:33am On Dec 08, 2017
spyder880:

Yes Sir, while my entire team will be waiting behind family, friends and the clergy for the chilled wines and the rice and inevitable chicken as the house is declared open! grin
Lol, I'm not a party person and dislike being in the spotlight. There was no wine self for my property I showed you, just quietly moved in.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 10:49am On Dec 08, 2017
The array of colour variation we can add to the paint format is endless. The client gets to choose all final colour for everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 10:50am On Dec 08, 2017
Rounding off the paint works. .......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Jethrolite(m): 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
spyder880:
The array of colour variation we can add to the paint format is endless. The client gets to choose all final colour for everything.
Please can I see inside this house?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jethrolite:
Please can I see inside this house?

I will send more later as they are just starting by the time I took these.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Jethrolite(m): 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
spyder880:

I will send more later as they are just starting by the time I took these.
OK great, I'm following.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by OCTAVO: 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2017
Mehn! Glad I followed from beginning. smiley
It's worth it all the way.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:30am On Dec 13, 2017
OCTAVO:
Mehn! Glad I followed from beginning. smiley
It's worth it all the way.

Thank you Bro, I always count on you guys.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:32am On Dec 13, 2017
Simple Nigerian tiles, simple switches and sockets, low cost grin

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Dremca(m): 6:34am On Dec 13, 2017
These tiles are more than low cost, they are classic.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:39am On Dec 13, 2017
The first picture is a fence rail I saw somewhere in Enugu, the next pictures are my attempt to recreate the fence rail so I can place it in the front of my house.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:40am On Dec 13, 2017
Dremca:
These tiles are more than low cost, they are classic.

Thank you Bro,
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
Few lights in some rooms. .......

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Hollasmall: 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
Oga spyder judging from all the recent pictures you uploaded still can't see any reason why you should call this a low budget,A house of 25m in this change era, is not a joke oo.
Can this building sit perfectly on a 100/50 plot with 4 or 5 cars parking space?

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by KingMicky3286: 12:35am On Dec 16, 2017
Hollasmall:
Oga spyder judging from all the recent pictures you uploaded still can't see any reason why you should call this a low budget,A house of 25m in this change era, is not a joke oo.
Can this building sit perfectly on a 100/50 plot with 4 or 5 cars parking space?

You are right. I stopped at decking level. This change of Buhari dont want my Bigmanity to show oooo .. But i must finish it. If rod and cement prices will go down a little bit.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:03am On Dec 16, 2017
Hollasmall:

You must have read the quote I gave to complete this house in today's prices. In reality, this my house cost far less than N25m because of the way I managed it. Note that the construction till roofing in 2015 was only a total of N7.5m. The finish is not all that costly because I am using low range materials like tiles and fittings.

Gravel instead of stone chippings
Molded blocks instead of buying from block industry
Used direct labour with counting method to reduce some costs.
I didn't pay myself any service charges

However, the N25m is for a full range of services including best practices in construction with top range building materials. I had to do a mid range finish because of tomorrow. If not I would have just moved in even without painting. I no owe anybody na grin

This house can sit well on a 50x100 plot with about 4 cars.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:08am On Dec 16, 2017
KingMicky3286:

You are right. I stopped at decking level. This change of Buhari to want my Bigmanity to show oooo .. But i must finish it. If rod and cement prices will go down a little bit.

You will surely finish it my brother. The recession can only last for a short while and in the end, you shall be victorious. I will be believing GOD for the house opening of your house in 2018. grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by KingMicky3286: 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
spyder880:

You will surely finish it my brother. The recession can only last for a short while and in the end, you shall be victorious. I will be believing GOD for the house opening of your house in 2018. grin

Amen oooooooooooooooooooooooo Thanks so much. Your mention has given me more power to push on.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
Washroom fittings. ......

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
I am not comfortable with some of these colours, but some of my family members seem to love it. It's their house sha, me that is always jumping around from sites to lands, what time do I have to stay at home sef grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
And that orange colour seems to be "screaming" from inside that porch, what do you think Gbadexy, Mufutau55, all of you.

Is that orange not too "shouty"?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Fhemmmy: 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
spyder880:
And that orange colour seems to be "screaming" from inside that porch, what do you think Gbadexy, Mufutau55, all of you.

Is that orange not too "shouty"?

I love the "Dont make noise cream color on it . . . I can't wait to know the total cost of building this "Low cost budget 5 bedroom duplex" oh

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.